my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » All Or Nothing (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Printable Version
Author Topic: All Or Nothing
Naisra'len

Member # 134

posted 01-03-2002 08:56 PM     Profile for Naisra'len   Author's Homepage   Email Naisra'len     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My face flushed with embarassment, I fled to my cabin to catch up on my sleep...and find refuge from too prying eyes. What did I just do back there? What happy little mess did I just make? Tears of shame stood in my eyes as I closed the cabin door tightly behind me.

You had a chance at a male with an actual brain and an actual heart and you blew it. Have you no self-control? My relentless inner voice pressed on. Lying on the bed, I vowed to hereafter rein in those emotions which had always caused me such trouble, to act cool and professional, the ideal crewmember.

No more throwing myself at Yaoksi's head,I promised myself as I drifted into a fitful, dreamless sleep. Just be...professional...

Posts: 37 | From: see Rogue Angel | Registered: Sep 2001  |  Logged: 172.157.128.9
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 01-05-2002 12:12 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My Verpine engineer directed his unblinking eyes up at me as I strode blackly into the Mess Hall. For a brief moment, he just clacked his mandibles at me. Then-

"Back so soon?" he asked with annoying serenity.

That only brought a deeper scowl to my face. I had gone clear to my quarters, and actually had entered with the intention of resting a little until we reached our destination, or next calamity, which ever decided to show itself first. But before I quite realized what I was doing, I found my feet turning me from my bunk, by hand slamming the autolock beside the door, and before I knew it discovered I had beelined directly back to where I had left K'kihl scrubbing the Mess Hall floor.

I paused a moment, staring down at him. Then in two strides I was beside him, falling to my knees and reaching for the cleaning equipment to give him a hand. I began scrubbing with a vengeance, refusing to look at the Verpine.

The sound of mandibles clacking came again to my ears. "So turn you down, did this new gunner," he observed innocently, now turning back to the task of cleaning up Captain Danner's by-now congealed blood. With the Verpine equivalent of a grunt, he applied himself a bit more vigorously to a particularly stubborn spot.

We should have gotten to this directly, a somewhat vacuous portion of my mind interjected; then I snapped back into the black cloud in which I was enshrouded. I remained silent, scrubbing harder, and still refused to look at K'kihl.

The silence stretched interminably. Then-

"Turn you down NOT, did this Twi'lek," he deduced logically. With a chitinous rustle, he sat back on his haunches. "Too much for mere human to deal with, I am thinking."

That little conclusion brought me whirling to face him, my fist instinctively raised. He didn't move an inch, but if his faceted eyes could have widened at my response, they would have.

With a little gulp of embarrassment, I shot a finger out of the fist to soften the body language. Then lowered it altogether with a sigh.

"Sorry about that, ol Cricket," I muttered, picking up the cleaning sponge again and beginning to scrub once more. I dipped the sponge into the nearby bucket of rapidly reddening water. "I'm just a little edgy, that's all.

"I mean, you should be too, what with all this." Finding sudden surcease, I sat back on my heels, and waved at the blood beneath our knees. "Guess I'm not thinking very clearly at the moment.

"I'm sure I'll get myself together once we get to Sullust."

I fell silent, staring moodily at the dark mass which bit by bit was yielding its existence to our conjoined attack upon it. My hand tightened into a fist about the sponge, sending a trickle of bloody water down upon my knee. I didn't even notice it.

K'kihl remained silent, but I could literally feel the impact of the look he was directing upon me. Likewise, I could practically hear the gears grinding busily away in his insectoid little head. His mandibles opened with a faint shussshing noise, then closed with a little clack, and without saying anything else he lent himself once again to the task at hand.

Sullust. SoroSuub Corporation; Nassy said she had some friends she was calling favors in from; wonder if it deals with that; gonna have to speak with her again about that....

I winced, and scowled more deeply. For some inexplicable reason, the enticing vision of hot springs began swimming before my eyes. Then I shook it from me with a little grunt, and it metamorphosed into the pool of blood in front of me. With another sigh, I renewed my attack upon it, although for some reason not with quite the same intensity.

[ 01-05-2002 12:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.207.182
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 01-05-2002 12:32 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Snuggled into the warmth of Terrin's left side, I was hazily brought back from the depths of slumber by an unexpected touch. Without opening my eyes, I could sense the presence of the arm that snaked over my drowsy body, felt the soothing pressure as a hand wrapped around my own shoulder and, after adhering there, gave a little shake.

I smiled, basking in the touch of that hand on my shoulder. Then frowned.

A hand on my shoulder... an arm draped across me to place it there... on my left shoulder. Now... what was wrong with this picture?

The frown deepened a bit as memory returned to me in pieces. For a moment my lip trembled, as with each impacting image I realized I was undoubtedly being cruelly misguided by the presence of the ghostly appendage which haunted my love. Without opening my eyes, I snuggled more fiercely against him, striving to prove to us both that it's corporeal absence meant nothing to me, striving to escape the deception that persisted in tampering with my reality.

"Go 'way," I mumbled sleepily, now snaking my right arm awkwardly between Terrin's body and my own to wave at the phantom member.

It encountered flesh. Warm, human flesh. My eyes flew open.

For a brief moment I just scrutinized the wonder which presented itself to me: the little creases and pores, the tiny but vigorous hairs, the wonderful pinkish hue of the skin itself, indicative of the blood that infused every cell of it. I blinked myself into alertness.

It was still there.

Smiling now, my rather squashed right hand gripped the arm as though to never let it go. I turned my eyes to my right, straining my head in the increasingly awkward position I found myself in, and stared directly into a wonderful pair of deeply hued blue ones.

Blue eyes which were now twinkling with their old elan.

My left hand snaked around the back of Terrin's head, the right still gripping his new arm. "That feels sooooo good, love," I murmured softly, before drawing Terrin's lips down to mine in a kiss of more of salutation than anything else at the moment.

Welcome back, love....

[ 01-05-2002 12:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1459 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.182
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 01-08-2002 05:22 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin's body tingled warmly at the feel of her lips against his, the matters of his new arm suddenly pressed to the far corners of his mind.
It doesn't matter, a shoulder angel murmered.

Then the devil replied, But it's not real.

To the both of those two annoyances he sent a mental To hell with you both. After all, why analyze something that is already done?
Time to live life and move on.

And get yourself back on your feet so you can run like Hell from the Sith.

...the Sith...

As their lips parted, Terrin couldn't help but shudder momentarily at the thought of them...the red-headed ex-sister, her ghastily companions...
And that...THING...that monster...that DEMON FROM HELL.

But he knew with sudden certainty that although he might have learned something of the true threat these held for he and Galen and any who traveled with them, he also knew they desired to push them into a corner where they would cower in fear.

That, he just could not let happen. For if they did, that's when the Sith truly would win.

Refocusing his thoughts and his determination, he slowly and quite carefully sat up, Galen beside him. This feat was not extremely hard excepting the fact that the world around him responded by spinning a bit. But this was nothing that a momentary close of the eyes couldn't fix. Finally, the room stilled.

As this progressed, MD-15 again scurried over to them, whining warnings about being careful and taking things slowly. As he carefully swung his surprisingly heavy legs over the bed, he rolled his eyes at the overprotective meddroid.

"I got it, really. Be careful. Take it slow."

Glancing down and only then realizing he was still entangled in covers, Terrin also finally noticed that someone had been kind enough to at least put some pants on him.
Glad someone thought of that.

To his left, Galen had already swung her legs over the bed, and sometime while he'd be trying to put the world back into focus she had handed him something. He looked down to find a med robe in his hands. Carefully untangling himself from the blanket, he donned the robe and sat forward, his feet hitting the cold floor of the ship.

MD-15 went ballistic, thrusting a pair of slippers on his feet. He turned a good glare at the droid, finally causing him to back off. He wasn't an invalid. If he wanted help, he'd ask. And he highly doubted he'd ask a droid unless he had to.

Pushing that aside, he turned to look at Galen, who had on her own robe and pair of slippers and was standing next to him, still patiently waiting.

"Allright," he said, "Here goes nothing."

Thankfully, standing up didn't prove as daunting a task as sitting up. His knees tried to buckle upon the initial pressure of the rest of his body being placed on them, but other than being a little wobbly, he was pretty stable.
Well, usually.

He couldn't help but direct a lopsided grin at Galen as he tipped forward just a bit, only to find stability when she wrapped her arms around him. He smiled a bit more.

"I'm up for some breakfast," he said, suddenly feeling really hungry. Then he turned inward a moment as something occurred to him. Hopefully they weren't going back there to eat...

Then some little voice interjected, Don't even think about it, buddy, don't even go there.

"So...um," he continued, looking down into her wonderfully big and shining brown eyes, "Let's say we get something to eat and talk about those hot springs..."

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 128.186.53.108
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 01-10-2002 02:02 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Quarren passed me in a wave of face-tentacles and a faint odor of fish. His tall and, quite frankly, frightening form caromed into my shoulder as we stood there on the crowded walkway of Piringiisi, Sullust's most famous resort. I couldn't help wincing a bit, shrinking back against Terrin in more than a little disgust as the Quarren cast a quick and noisome glare in my general direction.

"Watch where you're going, human!" it growled in a nasty tone of voice. Then pulling its flowing and dripping robes more closely about itself, it departed into the crowd in a cloud of mutters and gurgling threats.

"Whoa, nice guy," came a comment from behind me. I turned, still holding onto Terrin's arm, and smiled into a startling but very familiar blue face. Painted to resemble the species famed for spawning Grand Admiral Thrawn of old, Jasyn had complained virtually nonstop ever since the Twi'lek had gained Terrin's approval to implement her idea. Now, actually seeing another humanoid uglier than he thought he himself appeared actually brought a smile to his lips. Standing next to him, an equally blue Matt just rolled his eyes.

I couldn't help grinning. "Hey, they can't help themselves," I offered. "You'd be perpetually cranky too, if you had a face like that." I paused for a quick breath. "Or were truly blue," I couldn't resist adding.

Terrin lifted a hand to his mouth to hide the grin now spreading there as Jasyn opened his mouth in defense. "Hey!" he began; then suddenly realizing he really had nothing to defend himself against, he slammed his lips closed. His eyes closed in a resigned wince of his own as Matt threw his arm about his shoulders in a comradely bear hug. "I think we ought to stay blue permanently," he offerred in a rare moment of light humor. "The wolves on our tail would never find us, ey? Remember that one deal...."

He continued commenting about some long-ago transaction the two had apparently been involved with, now passing us and moving on down the walkway. "There's a little place I've heard about just up the street from here," Matt shot over his shoulder as he drew his buddy on with him. "We're gonna go see how true those rumors about it really are." Waving his hand, he kept going, his arm still around the scowling Jasyn. Soon the pair were lost in the crowd.

Terrin's ears perked up a bit at that. He lifted a finger. "Save us a seat!" he called after them, then quieted with a somewhat breathless oof my jabbing elbow inspired from him. I smiled sweetly, softening the blow to the mere dig for which it was intended, and turned to our other companions.

"How long are we going to stay here?" I asked Captain Joao for the fifth time. I already knew what his answer would be; it was just so sweet that I longed to hear it again and again.

At least ten standard days, I mouthed along with him, then leaned my head somewhat dreamily against Terrin's shoulder. Ten whole days. Ten peaceful, wonderful days, here in this cozy warren of passageways hidden deep beneath the surface, surrounded by spas and mud baths and the beautiful hot springs Sullust was famed for throughout the entire Galaxy. Ten days away from fear and terror and anguish and pain.

Ten days to quietly reflect with Terrin about all that had happened to us up to this point, as well as about that question he had asked me back at Khar Delba. Ten days in which to find the time to refine into something a bit more appropriate the hurried "yes" I had shot at him moments before being snagged from his arms into pure horror. Maybe ten days in which to act upon it as well. But first....

The Twi'lek Naisra'len stood off a bit behind Captain Joao, striving to look coolly calm and utterly the professional I had no doubt that she really was. But there was yet something about her I couldn't help feel she was struggling with... as well as struggling to avoid.

My reveries in this department were brought abruptly to the present as Captain Joao, quite suddenly and politely enough, invited Terrin and I to accompany him and his gunner for a companionable dinner and glass of wine where we might get to know each other better. I looked up into Terrin's blues; he smiled down at me and squeezed my shoulder.

I turned back to the handsome captain and his lady companion. "Works for us," I smiled back. Then, thoughts of Terrin and us being alone and the gloriously hot springs at the forefront of my mind, we followed where Captain Joao led.

[ 01-10-2002 02:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1459 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.182
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 01-10-2002 02:55 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I cast a quickly questioning glance to the others, then turned to the round-jowled Sullustan waitress who waited patiently at my elbow. "A round of Coruscan skimmers and a Stennes lizard-pie," I ordered at length, then sat back with a satisfied air. My look crashed into the somewhat trepiditious ones of my fellows.

"Trust me, it's really good," I offered, throwing my hands out. "Tastes like savannah-chicken."

At my immediate right about the rock slab which served as a tabletop, I could practically feel Nassy's eyes roll. "Really," I repeated, pinning her eyes with my own.

We have got to talk, my look offered pointedly. I am not going to have unhappy undercurrents aboard my ship.

The look I received in turn was noncommittal and coolly aloof. With a little sigh, I turned back to the other pair, catching them both in a moment of sharing a look themselves. One filled with so much obvious love that I was almost embarrassed to break it.

So I just sat there, letting a slight scowl come into my own features, surrounded by oozing feelings on one side and glacial iciness on the other.

Yet on both sides, something remained hidden. I could feel that as well.

Luckily the darkness creeping into my thoughts was interrupted as the waitress returned with my order. The giant twin pools of her eyes reflected my own face, which was forced into a smile as I reached to help her with the laden tray she carried. Pretending all was in complete order, I began dishing up the pie.

"Trust me, you're gonna love this stuff," I blathered, trying to fill the gaps in the atmosphere and gain some sort of upperhand in the situation. Captain Danner and his fiancee at last yielded to my attempts, and turned from each other to join Nassy and I in conversation. That is to say, to join me; so far my gunner had stayed remarkable tight-lipped in my presence.

Well, at least she came along, the thought crossed my mind as I handed a plateful of lizard to the brown-eyed gamin seated to my immediate left. She smiled shakily, bravely took a hesitant bite... and to my utter relief dug in with obvious enthusiasm. More than I can say for the Verpine; gods forbid he leave the engines for so lengthy a time....

Indeed, K'kihl had over-ridden my wealth of protests by flatly refusing to come to the subsurface of Sullust with us. "Aboard the ship, my place this is," he had asserted, his mandibles clacking with finality. "Keep her safe in orbit, my duty it is."

No argument delineating the consistency of celestial mechanics would sway his little insect brain. I had given up then, and feeling very much a chauffeur had delivered the others in relays to Piringiisi, finally docking Bee safely with her Port Authorities, thanks to the adroit machinations of Nassy and her surprisingly long reach into parts of the Galaxy best left alone. A few mere hours later, hours devoted to mindless wanderings, we now found ourselves sitting in one of the nicer establishments, facing lizard-pie and each other.

I shot another glance toward my gunner, who merely took a bite of her pie. Supressing a sigh, I then turned to Captain Danner. Waving a forkful of the surprisingly delicious pie in the air, I looked him square in the eye and got right to the point.

"So Captain--you mind if I call you Terrin? I'd be happy if you called me Yaoksi; I think we're gonna be together for quite some time--so, is ten days here going to do it for you, or would you rather we hunker here longer? I wouldn't mind a lengthier stay myself..."

Here I shot another look toward Nassy, who now merely sipped her skimmer. Fighting the sigh again, I continued, "This has got to be one of the Galaxy's high spots. And after what you two have been through, I'd say you needed it."

The unspoken queries regarding all that had preceded those horrific events belied the lightness of my words. I finished with, "And from here, where do you plan on going?"

Then I put my fork into my mouth, and looked to Captain Danner to see how he would reply.

[ 01-10-2002 03:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.195.214
Naisra'len

Member # 134

posted 01-11-2002 06:44 PM     Profile for Naisra'len   Author's Homepage   Email Naisra'len     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Glancing sidelong at Yaoksi, I took another delicious little nibble of that lizard pie. Surprisingly, it was delicately spiced and had a taste akin to Rylothean fowls I'd enjoyed as a child. The skimmer also did a wonderful job of quenching my thirst.
You should have trusted Yaoksi, nagged my ever-present head voice. That man has good taste. And an excellent sense of timing...

Shooing the head-voice away, I wiped my lips daintily. "May I offer a suggestion, gentlemen and lady?" All eyes at our cozy little table turned to me.

"I would not recommend staying on Sullust too long. Ten days is enough. I'll have exhausted all my favors by them." I smiled faintly at my own little joke, but I think everyone at the table knew what I meant. Staying on the move was essential if we wanted to lie low in the galaxy.

"Sullust is a safe world, but very open, as you've seen. Captain Danner, I have a number of ideas as to where we could go after we leave...but I'd rather not discuss them right now. You understand." The man nodded courteously at me, acknowledging the need for discretion.

With as much dignity as I could muster, I turned to Yaoksi with a lift of my brows and a faint smile. "At any rate, Sullust serves our purposes for now...and offers some welcome distractions. I play a fair hand of sabacc, and if anyone would care to join me at the table, I'd love company. There are also a number of lovely caverns and some fine art museums..." I caught Yaoksi's grimace and my grin broadened.

"Not to mention those wonderful hot springs. I think everybody's muscles could use some relaxation--mine are tight as bowcaster strings..." I trailed off and caught an indecipherable look in Yaoksi's eye. "But I digress. You were saying?"

Posts: 37 | From: see Rogue Angel | Registered: Sep 2001  |  Logged: 172.128.112.166
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-12-2002 12:05 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Please, just call me Terrin," Terrin finally interjected after listening to Naisr'alen. "After all we’ve been through, after all that you’ve done, I think we should be on a first-name basis. As for plans, I can’t say I’ve got anything business-wise on the schedule at the moment, and I guess I have to admit that I agree with Naisr'alen that we should keep on the move. Meanwhile, I'm all for getting some serious R and R and fullfilling a commitment or two. No time like the present,” he explained, pausing momentarily to glance at Galen. The look he got from her in return elicited a lopsided grin from him.

Making an effort to do so, he sobered a bit and looked back at Yaoksi. “But, it’s really up to you where we move and when we move next, since we are talking about your ship,” he ammended, shrugging a bit and taking a moment to sip his skimmer. “Speaking of,” he suddenly added, putting his mug back down on the table, “I hear from Matt that you...lost a TIE-fighter while transporting us from Dalius City to here. I would like to, if it suits you of course, replace that fighter for you. I can probably pull some strings for you and get any model that you’d like, but that’ll take some time, especially since I'm planning on getting some quality time with a certain fiance"...perhaps soon to be bride?..."of mine."

“So...what do you think?”

[ 01-12-2002 12:47 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.32.195
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 01-12-2002 08:35 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I paused in mid-forkful. Everyone at the table came to a polite stop when they saw my obvious hesitation, and for a moment we all just looked back and forth at each other. Gods only knew if the others were just being polite; I know I stopped both in surprise at Captain Danner's generosity, and in trepidation at Nassy's interjections.

I slowly laid my fork down; then, lacing my fingers together, I leaned forward and pinned Captain Danner with an honest smile. "That's more than generous of you, Terrin," I finally managed after a bit of thought. "Although it was due to the, ahh-- actions of your fiancee that WannaBee was lost, it was for a cause far outweighing my own needs. Actually, the "trade" was more than equitable." Then, spotting what I thought to be a lightening expression on Danner's face, I hurried on with, "But if you insist, I thank you.

"No rush, though," I ended with a little smile that only broadened in conjunction with that of Captain Danner's. He hid his by raising his skimmer to his lips and after first raising it in a mock toast in my general direction, took a great swig. My own smile faded for far more serious reasons; crooking my lips a bit, I turned thoughtfully toward Nassy.

"You know," I began quietly, reaching now for my skimmer. "There is merit in your idea of keeping on the move. On one hand I agree it is far more difficult to catch a running ikopi than it is a herdbound nerf. But we have someone else to think about here."

As if we were all on the identical wavelength, we all turned our eyes to Galen. She blinked, feigning innocence. "Hey, wait a minute," she started to protest. "I don't want everyone being held back or anything by me. I'm more than a good pilot, and can handle a blaster as well as anyone in this Galaxy," she finished. "I'll be okay keeping up with the rest of you... whatever we end up doing, or wherever we end up going."

I sighed, setting my skimmer down with a thump. "It's not just you, Miss," I explained carefully. "And you know it. It's..."

I never got to finish the observation. With surprising alacrity, her demeanor went from one all soft and feminine to that of a warrior. I swear her eyes flashed at me. I shut my yap before it irritated her any further, but it was too late.

"Look, Captain Joao," she said, her voice measured and even. But behind the simplicity of the words she spoke was a core of tempered steel. "I know what you're thinking. It's the baby.

"Well, guess what. I tried the Jedi Praxeum on Yavin IV, and they couldn't protect me. I figure if the almighty Jedi Knights, and their Masters no less can't keep this baby safe, than no one can...but me and the company I keep. I've done a good job of it so far, and plan to keep it up until my little girl is born."

I raised my brows in tandem with the others at this revelation, but wisely remained silent. Scraping the last remnants of lizard-pie from my plate, I forked it into my mouth, chewing quietly in the suddenly strained silence that blanketed the table. At length I swallowed, and once again laid my fork down on my plate.

"Very well," I acceded. After all, her fiance was going to replace WannaBee; who was I to force her to go where she didn't want to? After all, I did promise to help them to the best of my ability. "I didn't mean to push you into any one direction. I just thought--"

"You just thought it would be best if I curled up in a little ball, and that if I then hoped hard enough that the universe would go away... it would," she smiled back at me.

"Well... yeah, I guess." Now it was my turn to smile, as the others suddenly began coughing or busying themselves with their dinners. I cocked my head to one side, and studied the red-haired gal a bit more closely. This is a tough lil one, I thought to myself. Too bad she's taken; I could get to like a gal with spunk like she has....

I shook myself away from my errant thoughts, and turned again to Nassy. I couldn't swear to it, but I think she had been staring at me; now her eyes were suddenly glued studiously upon her plate. I gave up trying to figure out how to say it without sounding like the old Emperor himself; with a small sigh, I just up and let it spill.

"Nass, it's obvious these gentles feel as you do about leaving here. I still think this is a safe place to remain until the baby is born, but that's beside the point. What is of importance is where we're going to go from here; Captain Danner and his fiance..." Here I waved a hand in their direction. "...are open to suggestions.

"If you have any ideas, I suggest you not hold your hand, but play the cards you have.

"Now."

Suddenly aware of a particular stiffness in my shoulders and a sharp kink in my neck, I squirmed a bit in my chair. "Unless you'd like to continue this conversation in the hot springs," I finished, the tone of my voice growning suddenly and most embarrassingly wistful.

[ 01-12-2002 08:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.198.33
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-12-2002 09:17 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A girl. She was having a little girl. One he wished more than anything that he could protect from whatever fearsome creatures might seek her for her abilities...

...like that Demon that had taken his arm...

As horrid as that thought was, he somehow knew that this little one had the strength within her to have the upper hand with these devils. He knew it, he'd seen it; how much greater would that power be when she was more able to harness it?

Get a hold of yourself Danner, now isn't the time to go ultra-protective. You'll have plenty of opportunities to do that later after she's born.

Other than the emotion connected with that little revelation, Terrin knew before Yaoksi got half-way through his defense for staying on Sullust that he'd stepped the wrong direction. Galen wouldn't have anyone making exceptions for her, she'd made that more than clear back before they'd even gone to Khar Delba.

As for making the universe disappear, well, he could only wish.

As Yaoksi suggested that the Twi'lek lay her cards on the table, Terrin forced himself to pay attention to the conversation once again.

"...Unless you'd like to continue this conversation in the hot springs," he was saying.

Terrin grinned devilishly at the mention of hot springs, and turned to Galen, quirking a brow. "Yeah, I've been kinda looking forward to those hot springs," he said, oblivious to any of the looks he might be receiving from the others as his blue eyes locked on Galen's brown ones.

[ 01-12-2002 09:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.38.24
Naisra'len

Member # 134

posted 01-12-2002 09:21 PM     Profile for Naisra'len   Author's Homepage   Email Naisra'len     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I smiled to myself at Yaoksi's hopeful tone, then frowned. Now? Why should I make our plans so public and possibly put wannabe bounty hunters on our tail?

It wasn't that I didn't have any ideas. Smuggler's Run was always a good place to get lost, as was Nar Shaddaa. I had connections in Esau's Ridge, and my homeworld of Ryloth would always be open for a loyal member of the Len clan and her companions. But I wasn't about to say so, not here and now.

To take the edge off my refusal, I smiled slowly and charmingly (I hoped). "Yaoksi, we've just been talking and talking about these hot springs, and frankly, I'm ready to check them out for myself. See if they're just as good as everyone says they are. I hear they have private spa rooms."

That didn't come across quite the way I had hoped, and Yaoksi's handsome face flushed. Dammit, I meant I wanted to discuss plans in private, not that I wanted to seduce you! Unfortunately, this stirring thought made me blush as well, and I felt Galen's eyes resting on me with amusement.

I spoke hastily to try to hide my embarassment. "So, to the hot springs then? I know a reputable spa just a few levels down from here that has all the amenities we could want..."

Posts: 37 | From: see Rogue Angel | Registered: Sep 2001  |  Logged: 172.129.168.181
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 01-13-2002 01:23 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I cast a wordless glance at Nassy, noticing in particular the blush that was creeping slowly up her face, spreading its verdant hues prettily upon her cheeks and nose. Feeling the heat in my own face, I shook my head slightly. This awkward tip-toeing around each other has got to stop, I muttered silently to myself as I shoved back my chair and reached into my credit-pouch to pay for our dinner. If it doesn't, we're gonna have to part ways, and I really don't want to lose her. She's proven herself resourceful in getting us unannounced to Sullust; I have a feeling she really is a whale of a gunner....

"Ok then!" I said brightly, trying to get my thoughts away from the direction in which they were travelling. For some obstinate reason, they kept trying to remind me of how soft Nassy felt in my arms, and how deliciously heady her perfume. Business, Yaoksi ol' pirate. Business.... "Let's go check out those springs!"

Slamming my snickering id into neutral, I rose to my feet, and tossed way too many credits down on the rock slab that had served as our table. Then I gave my hand a gallant wave, and escorted our little group off for a little R&R.

Well, here we are.

The thought was ridiculously conclusive. After departing the restaurant, I had let Nassy lead the way, and we soon found ourselves at Sylven Brooks, the Best in Aromatic Hot Spring Therapy. The miniscule doorway leading into the establishment gave lie to what lay beyond; upon entering we found ourselves in a type of rock foyer, facing a wonderful stone slab carved from a beautiful green rhyolite. A gentle-eyed Sullustan looked up at us from behind that slab, and smiled in welcome. Her moist eyes blinked at us as she turned her head from Nassy and I to Terrin and Galen, and back again.

"Are you seeking a group rate?" she asked in her pleasantly muted mumble.

I opened my mouth, an affirmative hovering on the tip of my tongue, but was interrupted by Galen.

"Ahh..." she began hesitantly, a light blush now rising along her own features to contrast with the red in her hair. "I've been told that you have, er... private facilities?"

She paused then, hooking her hand more tightly into Terrin's arm, and gave him a quick and loving glance. I now started to protest; wouldn't this be a perfect place to discuss plans unheard by big ears and unseen by big eyes? Then I closed it, thinking of what the pair had endured. If ever anybody deserved some quiet time with each other, it was these two. Let them have it; We could discuss later whatever ideas Nassy and I might come up with after she and I came to some sort of conclusions on our own.

Now I glanced to Nassy, a slight frown coming into my eyes. Surprisingly, she was directing the same insidious look right back at me. We both jerked our glances away from each other, and glued our attention to the patiently waiting attendant.

"Private would be fine," I finally said. "A, er..." Now I cast my eyes upon the top of the rhyolite slab, into which the offerings of Sylven Brooks had been etched. "A nook for us, and a nook for our companions.

"It's on me," I finished, fishing once again through my credit-pouch. The Sullustan was only too happy to oblige, since rates for private nooks were nearly double those reserved for groups. But I had to agree with Galen in this regard: not only did she deserve some well-earned privacy with her fiance, but Nassy and I could certainly use this private time to get some serious discussion accomplished.

If we can keep our hands off of each other, my disobedient id rose up with a final taunt.

I tried my best to shrug that off, and followed the moist-eyed Sullustan to where we could disrobe, pre-shower, and attire ourselves in garb suitable for the springs. With each step I grew warmer and warmer, although whether that was from our proximity to the approaching springs or something else entirely, at the moment I really didn't know.

[ 01-13-2002 01:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.204.176
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 01-13-2002 02:01 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Feeling entirely like some sort of rare aquarian goddess, I leaned back against the pillow of Terrin's arm...

His new right arm. Can't tell a lick of difference!

...and took another little sip from the disproportionately large goblet he had brought to me from Sylven Brook's well-stocked bar. A bantha blaster, I mused with a little smile. Hmmm... if I didn't know him any better I'd swear he's trying to get me drunk...

My smile broadened at that, and I took another sip. Bantha blasters were notorious throughout the Galaxy for the wallop they packed, and had been the court favorite of old Jabba the Hutt. His lackeys had preferred them for their effortless ability to carry them off from their current and rather horrid conditions; undoubtedly Terrin was hoping this would likewise make us soon forget all the horror we had endured in the last interminable days we had been through.

My love, there are other ways you can make me forget.... I sighed at the thought, and peeped over the goblet's rim to take in the unbelievable beauty of our surroundings. I had no idea rock could look so... ethereal

We were cozily enclosed in a single rock cavern, perhaps 5 meters square, the majority of which was taken up by the mineral-laden pool in which we lazed. It's soothing, bubbling waters were heated by some far-away volcanic plume so common to this active planet, one far enough beneath us that the energies it provided were cooled a bit by the kilometers of rock they had to pass through, until what finally made it to the pool was enough to heat it to perhaps 6 degrees above body temperature. The little rock "nook" was indirectly lit by a wonderful green light, bringing into vibrant life and coloration the artfully placed plants that dotted it here and there.

I sighed again, leaning against Terrin's arm, quite content for the moment to just sit there forever, sipping my blaster and basking in the warmth of his closeness. I knew to the bottom of my heart that this wonderful moment and place would remain engraved in my memory forever.

[ 01-13-2002 02:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1459 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.204.176
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-13-2002 05:59 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin yawned lazily, sitting down his goblet of bantha blaster--Gods, but that stuff was stronger than he remembered!--and wrapped his arms around Galen's waist, pulling her in closer to him. She probably thinks I'm trying to get her drunk with that stuff. Hell, I don't think this is a time I wanna forget, and getting drunk would certainly do that.

Smiling a bit, he reached around and snagged the goblet from her hand and sat it next to his. She responded by turning her head so that her left cheek lay against his chest, looking up at him in mock irritation.

He smiled even more. "I had other ideas besides getting smack drunk, really. That stuff packs more punch than I remembered."

She turned in his arms and cocked her head at him, her former look of feigned irritation shifting to something else.

His smile turned a bit lopsided as he took her in. How did he manage to get this lucky? To meet somebody that he cared about so much, and who cared about him equally as much?

Sometimes life's little gifts are enough to counter the rest of it.

Slowly, the lopsided grin on his face was replaced by another sort of look, one that he hoped portrayed sincerity and all the feelings that he held for her. Still holding her close, he leaned in and planted a kiss on her lips, all those memories of the first time he'd done so floating back to the surface of his mind. But somehow this one seemed even sweeter than the first. The depth of feeling was always there, but after all the struggle, after all the hardship, every little thing seemed to mean so much more.

Nothing could be taken for granted, not even the simple things.

Pulling back, he again smiled at her, "So what does my fiancee think about buying a dress and setting a date?"

[ 01-13-2002 06:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.38.206
Maladius

Evil

Member # 138

posted 01-13-2002 08:37 PM     Profile for Maladius   Author's Homepage   Email Maladius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I watch them as they drink their drinks I have prepared for them on this night of all unholiness. The taste of Terrin Danner's blood is still fresh to me but he will have to wait for another time. I am not sure why the master and the mistress still hold interest for the child, so insignificant is she. I do as I am asked for that is my destiny; to do the bidding of my master. Here I wait in the body of another for His next whim.
Posts: 47 | From: | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.4.252.103
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 01-13-2002 08:59 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jasyn peeked over his hand of sabacc with a devilish grin playing about his lips. Beside him sat some female that he'd somehow managed to pick up somewhere; Heavens knew he'd had one too many to drink and he'd regret it later.

Thankfully for Matt, they were blue and not a soul would ever recognize them. But then, he had other things on his mind besides his reputation at the moment as well.

"You fold?" he asked the other man mischieviously. Everyone else and the table had wisely done so already. Jasyn was bluffing. He had to be. He wa was a LOUSY card player.

"No," the other one replied, glaring over his cards a bit. He then turned and cast a lopsided grin at the blonde haired, blue-eyed female beside him.

"Okay, show me what you got," Matt said, still not convinced. He had a good hand, if Jasyn was bluffing at all, he'd have him. And he'd have himself a thousand. This would not be his day though.

Matt's jaw almost hit the table as Jasyn laid out his perfect hand and folded his arms behind his head, whistling.

"Why, YOU!" Matt growled at him. "How did you do that?! You never do that!"

"Trick of the trade, pal," Jasyn replied. "And my lucky day," he added, grinning again at the female beside him.

Matt rolled his eyes again. What's she going to do when she finds out you aren't "true blue?" he wanted to ask. But he wouldn't go there. Jasyn wouldn't do that.

At least he thought Jasyn wouldn't...

[ 01-13-2002 09:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.38.38
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 01-13-2002 10:03 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I gave Terrin a look of mock irritation when he removed the goblet from my hand. Then softening, I snuggled into his embrace and let myself drown in the sweetness of the kiss we shared. I pulled reluctantly away, nestling into his embrace even more closely, and was just readying myself to reply about our plans when another thought crossed my mind.

Following the imagery the idea was revealing to me, I reached around and gently snagged my goblet. With another little sigh of contentment, I took another sip of my blaster, and yet one more. They went down suprisingly smooth for a drink as potent as it was. Now I found a little rash of giggles striving to rise within me; sheesh, but this is going straight to my head!

And I absolutely loved it....

My face flushed with the intoxicating combination of the bantha blaster, the thought of going out and shopping for my wedding dress, the even headier thought of our upcoming nuptials, the rising steam from our private little pool, and Terrin's wonderfully close proximity, I let one of the giggles escape me. I turned my big browns up at Terrin. "Get me one more, will you love?" I asked him, purposely batting my eyes at him. A touch more light-hearted tomfoolery before we got down to the serious "business" I knew sure as there's treasure on Roon we were heading toward... or at least I was planning on.

He merely cocked a brow at me, tilting his head in that endearing manner he had, and pinned my eyes with his own. "You sure, sweets?" he smiled, placing a finger beneath my chin. "These are pretty potent, you know."

I sent a foolish smile right back at him. "Of course I know that, love!" I retorted happily, stopping momentarily to tip back my goblet and drain the dregs from its bottom. "That's why I want another. Just... one... more, please? And one more for yourself, too." I batted my eyes again, holding my goblet out for him to take.

He heaved a sigh of resignation, and hauled himself upright. Bending down to give me a light kiss, he removed the goblet from my grasp. "I'll be right back, love," he smiled. Then he reached for a nearby robe, donned it, and leaving a trail of wet footprints in his wake left the cavern for the Sylvan Brook's cantina.

The moment he left, my mannerism changed from that of a half-drunken twit to one of coy seduction. Is HE ever going to be in for a surprise when he returns! I laughed slyly to myself as I began to prepare for that event. Just one little surprise before our wedding night, just one... there went that little annoying niggle again, pressing into my happiness. I shook my head, letting the last of my bantha blaster stomp all over it until it finally quieted down and remained so. Then, closing my eyes and trying my best to look like a water siren instead of his just-beginning-to-show fiance, I lay back against the rock and waited for his return.

--------------------

Posts: 1459 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.197.166
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 01-13-2002 10:05 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The lighting in the springs was dim but the figure of a woman could be made out lounging in the water.... waiting. Her robes lay in a neat pile, clearly she was awaiting her lover's return.

Galen didn't have to wait long as she saw the familiar form enter the room and head straight for were she was waiting. He seemed to be very much in control of his senses for all the blasters he had consumed but that didn't matter. This was going to be their first time and it would be magical. She saw him slip from his clothes before slipping into the warm waters to join her.

He wasted no time and she could not be sure if it was the consumption of the drink, but Terrin seemed a bit anxious as his hands raced over her body with possession. She could feel one hand around her waist while the other carressed her stomach where the baby most assuredly was sleeping.

Then she felt his grip tighten around her as he pulled back from their deep kiss, and as she looked up Terrin's face began to melt away. The turquise eyes of Dark Lord Roan began to take form where Terrin's only moments ago had gazed upon her. The horns that crowned his head were as unmistakeable as the forcful act he now performed on her.

Galen could not scream for the breath would not come out of her lungs at the horror
that now greeted her eyes. Black lips curled around blacked fangs as he whispered "We meet again welp." She could feel the finality of his unspeakable act long before he moved away from her to dress.

"Don't worry welp, the pleasure was truly all yours," he snarled as he turned to her. The shadows danced on his face in an evil waltz as he stood before her admiring his bloody handiwork. He knelt briefly taking her chin in his hands. "I thank you, now I can return to my true Lady and let her know all is well."

He stood once more and with a flurry of robes walked into the sith fire that awaited him. The flames engulfed their Lord taking him only seconds after a stunned Terrin Danner returned with their drinks; the laughter of the Sith Lord still ringing in their ears.

[ 01-14-2002 01:01 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dark Lord Roan ]

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.4.252.103
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-13-2002 10:30 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin frowned a bit, feeling a bit loopy himself from the bantha blaster. He wasn't quite sure why she wanted more. If this was having an such an effect on him, it was probably affecting her more, since he was quite a bit bigger.

But, this was their moment, their time. He'd do for her what she wanted. Besides, it felt kinda nice to be a little "out of it." He paid the waitress a good bit of credits for the refill.

As he headed back, two goblets in hand, a strange something seemed to come over him. Terrin didn't have any Force abilities, but he'd been acclamated to feeling when something just wasn't right, and that's about all he knew at that moment. Suddenly he felt something he couldn't quite explain pushing him along, even to the point of causing him to come to a jog.

Evil laughter careemed from somewhere as he entered, and out of the corner of his eye he swore he saw a ghastly familiar figure...

Something was horribly wrong...

[ 01-14-2002 12:05 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.38.38
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 01-13-2002 10:36 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Numb terror, blank fear. A sense of utterly primal futility... and an even more primeval fatality didn't just fill my being with it's darkness. It more than overwhelmed me.

It was me.

I huddled in a voiceless little ball, heedless of the beauty around me, tears streaming down my face to mingle with the blood from where he... he... that THING...! had bitten my lips in an awful parody of love, my arms wrapped tightly about myself as I shivered and shuddered and let the tears continue to flow, tried to remove the memory of terrible violation from my body and my mind, tried to pretend it was all a drink-induced nightmare from which I would soon awaken.

I couldn't wake up, for I was already aware. The feeling wouldn't go away, for it had already happened.

Another dreadful thought brought me out of myself, and with a deep shuddery indrawn breath I searched inward, seeking, sensing...

Oh dear Khaandon, SURELY little Jhin'Darra is all right, PLEASE gods LET HER BE ALL RIGHT...!

Then my despair backed up a bit from one utterly black as I recognized a dim little glow within. She lived. He hadn't harmed...her. I checked again, using a sense I didn't know I possessed, but one which had been possessed by woman throughout the ages.

She lived, and was stubbornly, blessedly, and oh so defiantly unharmed.

Which was more than I could say for myself. The relief that my little girl was unmarked wasn't strong enough to fend off the bleak despair which rushed back to take me laughingly in its arms...

...as IT had done so before... before....

Another great shudder raced through me as, unheeding to everything around me, feeling more than simply soiled, feeling unworthy of anyone ever again, I followed the earlier insinuated advice of Captain Joao:

I curled up into an even smaller ball, and wished for the Universe to simply go away.

[ 01-13-2002 11:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1459 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.197.166
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-13-2002 11:02 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As he entered the nook, he saw the figure of the familiar Sith from back on Khar Delba as he disappeared from the hotsprings.

Now Terrin was panicked. As he headed closer to her in their little nook, he could see her hunkered into a little ball.

She was crying. No, SOBBING.

THE DAMNED SITH HAD STOMPED AWAY THEIR MOMENT OF HAPPINESS AGAIN...

Suddenly remembering how that THING had so suddenly and horribly appeared before, his panick stepped up another notch.

What if...

"Sweetheart?" he called again, not wanting to approach to quickly and startle her. Instead he squatted near her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

She was shaking, and at his touch she just about jumped out of her skin. Some overwhelming pain radiated from her, and he felt horribly that something had happened while he had been gone.

He shuddered involuntarily. Meanwhile she remained hunkered in a little ball, seemingly unaware of his presence.

"Galen, it's me," he said quietly, carefully reaching to take her chin in his hand and wincing at the sight of the blood from her lips, the tears from her eyes. But even more so at the pain in her look.Pain which somehow seemed strikingly familiar, yet at the same time different, than that which he'd felt only a few days ago.

He wrapped his arms about her quivering form, not knowing what to say yet somehow aware that something horribly personal had been violated.

If only he hadn't left her alone...

He didn't know what to say.

"I love you," he whispered softly, still not certain of what had taken place regardless of his suspicions. "I love you, I love you..."

[ 01-14-2002 12:03 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.38.38
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 01-14-2002 12:11 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The blackness was a dancing fire. It laughed and coiled and pirhouetted all about me, taunting me with its strength of its ferocity and the danger in its incorporeal majesty. No matter how I tried, I couldn't get away from it, couldn't seek any succor in the cooling waters and even more cooling green light that a distant part of my brain was telling me was close at hand.

Then a small spark broke the ebon blanket in which I was wrapped; with a detached sort of objectivity, I realized that someone had come down next to me, and was murmuring something in my ear, and had his arms wrapped around me...

HIS ARMS WRAPPED AROUND ME?!?

That broke the spell; with an anguished, shuddery indrawn breath, I turned my vision from the inward pain upon which it had been transfixed to the world around me. Rock and plants and the soft gurgle of water and the tart smell of minerals all came wafting back to me, along with the realization that from out of nowhere Terrin had appeared and was holding me tightly against him.

"NO!" I burst out with, operating once again out of a protective sort of instinct. "No, no, no, NO NO!"

It wasn't him, it was IT, that THING... HE had returned for more, HE had come back for my baby....

Unaware that I was shaking my head, I thrashed out of the embrace with a strength born of that of a tigress protecting its young. "NO!" I shouted again as, scrambling backward out of the pool, my eyes wide, my chest heaving, uncaring as to my nudity, I fled backward until solid rock brought me to a crushing halt.

There against the rock wall I hunkered into a little ball, and lost myself to the victory of the dark once again.

[ 01-14-2002 12:31 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1459 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.106.38
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-14-2002 12:33 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He just didn't know what to do. For a moment he sat frozen, staring at her, then a moment of clarity prevailed.

Grabbing his robe, he scurried back out, leaving his panicked fiancee behind, hoping like Hell that he could move fast enough.

In moments he was barreling through another private cavern.

Yaoksi and Naisra'len looked it him curiously. He addressed Naisra'len directly.

"I need you to go talk to Galen," he said somewhat breathlessly, "Something terrible just happened...a Sith was with her while I was gone getting drinks, I'm sure of it. I don't know...what he did..."

His voice trailed, his blue eyes locking on the Twi'lek's with insistence.

Without waiting for her to reply one way or the other, he took her by the arm and lead her out, Yaoksi behind them.

In moments they were back, and he let the Twi'lek head into the cavern where their personal bliss had been destroyed, and where his Love had somehow been convinced that he was not himself.

Sitting down in a nearby cranny and waiting for the Twi'lek to return, he sat his elbows on his knees and put his head in his hands, oblivious to the other person who was waiting outside with him. Instead he was wrapped up in the personal pain he felt for Galen, the pure anger of what had happened, and something that seemed a lot like hurt all mixed up into one.

If only he hadn't left her alone...

He sighed to himself, heartache corsing through ever fiber of his being.

Why were the Sith doing this to them? Couldn't they allow them one single solitary week of pleasure without blowing their world apart?

Just what HAD that Sith done to her?

Terrin shuddered at the thought.
If only the Universe would just disappear and leave them alone...

But then, there was Her. A little girl with amazing potential that she didn't yet have full control of. So long as she remained safe...

...Was she safe...?

...this struggle they found themselves in wouldn't be in vain.

But to be petrified so terribly...it was beyond any horror he could imagine.

He'd hoped his arm was sacrifice enough for what they had done. He'd wanted it that way; he'd wanted her to be safe...

Instead some sick twist of the fates had deemed her to suffer even more than he had, and she hadn't laid a finger on Graysith...

Not this time.

Running his hands through his wet hair, Terrin remained lost in his thoughts, still feeling he'd somehow failed her by leaving her alone, wanting more than anything to be there for her even though she was scared out of her mind of him. But all he could do for the moment was wait...

...wait and hope...

[ 01-14-2002 03:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.38.164
Naisra'len

Member # 134

posted 01-14-2002 04:18 PM     Profile for Naisra'len   Author's Homepage   Email Naisra'len     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
One moment, I was sinking into the deliciously warm, mineral-clouded water, clad only in a singlet that preserved my modesty while allowing me to enjoy the waters. A smile crossed my lips as I watched Yaoksi dip a tentative toe into the water, and I couldn't resist a little teasing. "Shall I scrub your back for you? Customary, you know."

The next minute, a panicked Terrin Danner'd appeared in our bath nook, and his eyes focused directly on me. "I need you to go talk to Galen," he said somewhat breathlessly, "Something terrible just happened...a Sith was with her while I was gone getting drinks, I'm sure of it. I don't know...what he did..." Our eyes met, and the horror filling his stare slowly seeped into mine.

In a split second, he took me by my arm and led me to another cavern, barely giving me time to fling on a robe. With a last desperate, longing glance at Yaoksi, I followed Terrin's lead.

Trembling, I ventured into the green-lit nook, gently calling, "Galen? Galen? Are you all right?"

My only answer was a shuddering sob. I caught sight of the human woman, curled up into a ball, utterly vulnerable. I dashed to her side, but dared not touch her yet. It was plain to me, however, what had happened to her--the sobs, the bruises blooming on her skin...
Had I not seen those bruises on my own green skin once upon a terrible time, had I not cried in the darkness with no one to help me, it would not have been so easy for me to understand...

In tones low but filled with rage, I spoke to Galen. "What manner of monster has done this to you?" She remained silent, and I couldn't blame her. I was helpless in the face of such manifest evil.

"Galen, listen to me. I will do whatever lies in me to protect you and your baby, and to get the Sithspawn that did this to you." Tentatively, I stroked her arm, still wet from the baths. "I know, gods how I know... You are hurt, and wet, and you will soon be very cold if I don't get you dressed and tend to your wounds."

"Galen, do not let that monster win. Get up and let me tend to you, friend." Still crouching, I held out my arms to the other woman. "Be strong for your little girl..."

Posts: 37 | From: see Rogue Angel | Registered: Sep 2001  |  Logged: 216.229.193.135
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-14-2002 09:43 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
His head still in his hands, Terrin was totally oblivious to the approach of a rather familiar pair of blue-faced men.

"Hey, Terrin!" Jasyn blathered, his speech a bit slurred. "How's it goin'?"

HOW'S IT GOIN'?! some little voice screamed within him. He jerked his head up, glaring laser bolts through his employee.

Even drunk, Jasyn knew when to clam up. Matt sauntered in behind him, analyzed the situation for about a split second, then muttered, "Oh gods, what happened?"

Terrin began to shake his head from side to side, not wanting to express his fears, not wanting to leave without knowing she was allright.

All the while Yaoksi seemed to be giving Matt some other sort of cue with a nod of his head that Terrin missed altogether.

Matt understood. "We got a stash of Whyrene's Reserve up in our suites. Come on," he said, tilting his head in the direction they should go. "You two get presentable, we'll talk."

Terrin started at that. "But I don't wanna..."

Matt cut him off. "Is Naisra'len with her?"

Terrin merely nodded.

Matt pinned a pair of lightning green eyes on Terrin's stormy blue ones. "Then she'll take care of her."

Reluctantly, Terrin nodded and stood. Turning back a moment to glance at the entrance to the nook which he had shared with Galen...

...where that thing had stolen their joy...

...Terrin sighed, then resigned himself to giving her some space. He knew he'd have to be patient; she would let him know when she was ready to talk to him, and he knew that deep down she knew she could trust him. But with whatever had happened in there, that might take some time.

Motioning for Yaoksi to join them, he finally said, "Come on, let's see if they got bonafide Whyrene's Reserve or not..."

[ 01-14-2002 10:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.32.236

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e