my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Stranger Than Fiction (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Stranger Than Fiction
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 12-23-2001 09:28 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My, my, but this WAS a small Universe. Things were starting to fall into place very...interestingly. Very strange that ALL of them should have experience with the SAME Sith. Granted, he still didn't quite know where K'kihl fit in with all this, but he was getting the suspicion that K'kihl was somehow a part of Galen's recent past.

He'd have to ask about that later.

"We worked with Cella Poliani and her partner Jeroc Mahoy for a bit looking for Shayla. I'm guessing you dropped Jedi Poliani off in Erik Kartan's fleet before he met up with mine in the Khar Delban system. Erik Kartan is--was--Shayla Stargazer Petrolu's partner. I'm honestly not sure what happened to him, he was supposed to meet us on Khar Delba with Poliani but was captured before we ever saw him."

Terrin paused a moment, guilt fairly oozing from him. Erik Kartan had helped him, and what did he do? Left the system without him. Good going, Danner.

"As for Graysith," Terrin continued, nodding over to K'kihl. "She is a very bad lady to say the least, any experience with her is enough to confirm that. We have actually been to her Sith Temple, on Khar Delba. I was captured there, and later so was Galen. If we hadn't made it out of the place I'm fairly certain none of us would be around to tell anyone the story of what happened.

"But," he added, again wondering how much he should tell of another little secret of theirs, "If we run into her again, which we undoubtedly will, I think I can garantee you that we now have one up on her.

"As for joining forces--I happen to think it's a damned good idea. If there's anything to the Force leading people, I'd bet that this is one time no one could possibly deny that's exactly what has happened."

[ 12-23-2001 09:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.249
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 12-24-2001 11:00 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I put my elbow somewhat inelegantly upon the rich burnished greelwood of the table, my hand now over my mouth as I ran Terrin's words through my head. The fact that my jaw was clenching just a bit was luckily hidden; I may have mentioned that diplomacy isn't exactly my strongest suit, and gods knew I didn't need them misreading my at times somewhat flamboyant, if not downright misrepresentative, body language.

So these guys feel they're somehow "up one" on the SITH? To my credit, I managed to completely mask the shudder that slid insidiously through me.

Glad they're on my side then!

The thought brought forth all sorts of warning bells and whistles; I cut my eyes to the Verpine. I was beginning to be a little bit fluent in reading him. Though his features were basically frozen within the confines of his carapace, he still managed to convey his downright stubborness and affront toward the merest inkling that we should walk away from helping this bunch. Or at least toward the thought that he would do so. Especially regarding the spunky little gal, whose eyes were shining so big and brightly into mine as she waited to hear my response.

And you, Yaoksi? What do you plan on doing? Cutting and running again when the going gets rocky? Like you did with Cella... who you just might be running into again....

I sighed and removed my hand from my mouth, abruptly sitting back in my seat. "Okay, then; it looks like we're in this for the long haul," I began, the avowal directed not only to these newest additions to the Devil-May-Care but to myself as well. "I suppose the next thing you're going to want to do is determine exactly where you'd like us to go. I mean, do you have any specific plans--"

I couldn't help the stronger shudder of self-preservation which ran through me at that.

"...against these Sith? Or the Admiral?"

Yeesh....

"Or do you just wanna go bury yourself somewhere for the duration?"

WHAT duration are we talking about here? Shake that question from your head, ol buddy, and just keep on your toes and go with the flow.

Terrin opened his mouth to say something, but was stayed as I raised my hand. "Ahh-- I'd like to add something," I broke into his concentration, now directing my gaze across the table to Naisra'len, my hand still holding Captain Danner's comments in his mouth.

I grew serious. "Nass, you've been asked to join my crew as a merch runner, not a-- a soldier or some sort of renegade. I know this is just as much of a surprise to you as it is to me." I flashed her a soft smile. "I had told you I'm no Xixor; it's scarcely fair of me to drag you into what we might be facing. If you want me to take you somewhere and drop you off, just say the word."

Then I fell silent, one ear cocked to what Danner might continue with, the rest of me focused on my new gunner and suddenly hoping like blazes that she'd throw her lot in with the rest of us.

I have a feeling we're gonna need all the good gunners we can get... and I really didn't want to see her leave.

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.192.179
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-24-2001 11:58 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Specific plans: Find a little hole in the galaxy and stay away for as long as possible.

Granted, the Sith would be coming back around, and Terrin wasn't looking particularly forward to that, not that anyone ever would. But the thing was, you don't swipe something like the Nar Khelba then go wagging it in someone's face until you are certain you can put it to use. In short, they needed to find their Jedi counterparts again.

And the Admiral...

"Well, no special plans yet perse. I'm really thinking I'd like to go find a rock and hide under it. We might have resources to work against the Sith, but we really need the help of the Jedi. Our Admiral friend, on the other hand, I might be able to do a small something about. He seems talented at getting the New Republic involved, and I'd like to put a stop to that. You don't sell big capital ships to the big guys without expecting them to fullfill some favors.

"In the meantime," he continued, chewing his lower lip a bit, "I wouldn't have it that any of your crew be unwillingly placed in danger on our account, and I wouldn't dare ask for your help without being willing to later return the favor. But," he added, turning to look at the Twi'lek, who by now was being observed by everyone else in the group, "It's your call."

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.249
Naisra'len

Member # 134

posted 12-24-2001 03:54 PM     Profile for Naisra'len   Author's Homepage   Email Naisra'len     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lady Jedi? My head spun and I could barely keep my lekku from twitching madly. I tried to pay close attention to Yaoksi and Terrin's conversation, but my mind kept wandering back to that homespun robe hanging there in the closet.

Even as my blood ran cold to listen to tales of this Sith, I couldn't help thinking about it. A lady Jedi, doubtless a woman of honor, a great warrior. And me? A no-account with nothing to her name but a good aim. Somebody who'd killed in cold blood without batting a pretty lash.

Here was my chance to go beyond myself, to become a larger person. The kind of person my Force-believing, Jedi-loving granny had always thought I could be.

I shook my head, lekku waving. "Nope, I'm in for the long haul, I guess. I'd hate to leave you guys in the lurch. Besides, where would I go? Back to some other scum-infested criminal hideout? Back to waiting tables and flirting for tips? No way. I know this is dangerous, but I'm not backing down now." I looked Yaoksi right in the eye. "Or ever."

Posts: 37 | From: see Rogue Angel | Registered: Sep 2001  |  Logged: 172.143.33.136
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-25-2001 11:00 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin had to wonder if there was something going on at a deeper level than anyone would admit here.

Perhaps that is because you found yourself in the same boots not so long ago? Finding that in turmoil, when you once would have scooted off without turning around, you'd found someone you'd willingly face any struggle with just to be at her side?

Taking Galen's hand in his, he quietly waited for Yaoksi's reply to Naisra'len, all the while calculating what hole in the galaxy they could find for themselves. Nothing came to mind.

Hell, where in the Universe does one hide from the Sith anyway? Galen had to be given protection, from the wrath of her ex-sister, for the safety of herself as well as for the child she carried.

They needed to think of something soon, and at least buy themselves enough time to equip Galen for when she would face this Graysith again. He hated to think of the possibility of her facing that woman alone...

...but then, there was obviously something that empowered her to do so when they were on Khar Delba. And that other Sith was with the woman then too.

Sithspit, WHAT EXACTLY HAD HAPPENED ON KHAR DELBA?

Granted, he was there, but he still couldn't explain what had taken place anymore than a drunk could tell you what cantina he'd been to the night before. He'd seen the Sith flattened to the floor with his own eyes...

This wasn't just Force stuff...

It wasn't any kriffing wonder the Sith AND the Remnant were after this kid. But Terrin was curious...

If through a connection with Galen the child already exhibited strength directed against the Sith, was it possible that the child had already developed an aversion to the very Sith who wanted to steal him or her from Galen, the child's MOTHER? The one who carried him or her?

Granted, Terrin didn't know a lot about this pregnancy stuff, but he'd always thought that the connection between mother and child was very strong. What risk would these people be taking if they took the child from Galen after placing her, the child's mother, under duress?

He bit his lip in thought, unaware of what was going on around him, unconsciously firming his grip on Galen's hand just a bit.

He was only jarred from his musings when someone began to speak...

[ 12-26-2001 06:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.53
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 12-28-2001 01:45 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt had been on high alert from the second he and Jasyn had bumped into the probe droid back in Dalius City. While Jasyn could enjoy his wine and Terrin could focus on the business aspects at hand, Matt sat back quietly but intently attuned to everything that went on, his green eyes keenly aware of every move made. He also made mental note of everything Terrin said or implied, should he ever need to act on his behalf.

After all, that was the job. And Matt thrived on it. He'd been an information smuggler far too long before he ever sold any ships to miss a single word, a single gesture, a single implication. His mind was lightning fast, and that's exactly why Terrin trusted him as he did.

Honestly, Matt was surprised Terrin was trusting anyone else these days. But it was good that he was...and Captain Joao, Matt was certain, was trustworthy. He'd known that even before Joao had revealed his smuggler's guild tatoo. Being an observant person had allowed him to learn how to detect lies; a slight glance down to the right, failure to look into the eyes...just a little bit and Matt would know an honest person from a liar.

Captain Joao was certainly no liar. The Verpine, though a little more difficult to read due to his non-human features and his carpace, was just as trustworthy as the first. The Twilek, on the other hand, Matt had to scrutinize a bit longer. Again her non-human features proved a little bit difficult for him to read, but she seemed to also mask feelings well. That made his job even harder. But slowly, he again analyzed truth and trust from her.

The conversation, for the moment, had lulled to a standstill. Everyone seemed to be waiting for someone else to say something, so Matt took the opportunity to scan the table. Captain Joao was looking at the Twi'lek, seemingly relieved that she'd basically agreed to stick things out no matter what. She in turn was returning the look. K'kihl was clacking his mandibles. Matt didn't quite have the correct reading for that, but he suspected that was an indication the Verpine was thinking. Jasyn-gods help them all-was going for another glass of wine, but was somehow still intent upon the conversation, or lack thereof.

Terrin, who had one of Galen's hands in one of his, was obviously deep in thought--Matt could read him the best out of all of them. But then, that's part of the reason Matt had become Terrin's assistant. A great majority of the time, Terrin didn't say what he wanted; alot of times one simply had to guess. Matt was better than guessing at it, he was almost always right. If the look of deep thought was any indication, Matt could safely assume Terrin was wondering where the hell they could go run and hide.

Galen, finally, was directing her big brown eyes to Captain Joao, somehow evaluating him with a look of trust. Matt smiled a bit to himself. Smart girl. I knew I liked her.

"So," he finally said, causing Terrin to snap to attention and surprising everyone else, since he really hadn't said a word through the course of the meal, "Anyone got any ideas on where we can head off to?"

[ 12-28-2001 11:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.53
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 12-29-2001 12:05 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I was jerked out of my concentrated connection with Nassy by that simple question. Blinking a bit, I relaxed a tad, sitting back in my seat and shooting a look around the table. Possible destinations whizzed through my head:

Corporate Sector, my original R & R destination? Maybe; Fates know it's crowded and glitzy enough there for us to disappear amidst the generally seedy hordes which thronged that system's myriad worlds.

Coruscant, the Capitol World? Nah... too urban. I don't know what my fellow travellers thought, but I for one just didn't like the atmosphere there, nor the swirling red tape one had to unravel both in arriving and departing. While it was a New Republic world, and thus fairly safe from the Sith, I didn't think it wise to go there. Too many people scratching too many backs there; not a good idea, particularly in regard to this Admiral being spoken of....

Any of the Rim Worlds? Too far away from quick assistance, if--gods help us!--any would become necessary. Corellia? Nah, no good, what with the rising up of the Human League faction. They might give my two crewmen a hard time. Sullust--?

Hmmm... Sullust. The thought of the friendly, round-jowled Sullustans, living in their beautiful underground cities, flocking with tourists... as well as thoughts of the famous Sullustan hot springs and mud baths danced enticingly in front of my eyes. These guys have always been known for their adherence to the Alliance...well, except for that little "incident" during the Rebellion/Empire insurrection back in the days of my fav merch runner, Han Solo... as well as the welcome mat they toss out to many a species. Their cities are a veritable warren of mazes; maybe that would be a good place to hide out and take a breather.

Not to mention the possibility of "acquiring" a job: Sullust was the home of the SoroSuub Corporation; they always had a few items they needed delivered "between the spacelanes," so to speak....

I leaned forward, capturing everyone's attention by waggling a finger. "What about Sullust?" I offered, glancing around to see the immediate expressions crossing all faces at the table. Usually that's when one can discover how an idea is immediately received; I didn't see anything looking close to offhanded dismissal or disgust or negativity of any kind.

My eyes ended up in those of Nassy, who's lekku twitched. Possibly at the thought of us sharing one of those hot springs....

I cast that tempting image aside, and waited for Captain Danner's response.

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.104.49
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-29-2001 06:58 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Yeah," Terrin said, suddenly realizing his mind was anywhere but there. Sheesh, buddy, maybe you've had one too many glasses of wine? What IS that stuff anyway? "I think Sullust would do nicely," he replied. Then, realizing he just might not be too "with it" at the moment, he turned to Galen, "What do you think?"

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.53
Maladius

Evil

Member # 138

posted 12-29-2001 07:39 PM     Profile for Maladius   Author's Homepage   Email Maladius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
There was a brilliant burst of light which filled the room with an evil chill. The shadows danced as all were instantly knocked to the floor unconcsious. There was a movement that desended from above flicking a razor sharp tail and blood red eyes. His blackened lips curled over his fangs as he scanned the room for his prey. There laying conviently on his back lay the one for whom he had traveled so far and waited so impatiently.

Claws scaped the floor as he quickly made his way over the others glancing only once at her. Oh how he would love to taste of her blood but his job was clear and her time was soon to come. His clawed hand phased into the crevice of Terrin's neck just above the collar bone pinching a nerve rendering him into a state of paralasys. He began tearing at his clothing and person search-
ing. There were only two that could possess what he had come to retrieve, this he knew after following them in their very shadows. He searched his entire being as the shadows of the sith began to arouse this yet paralysed prey; if he did not have it then she would once again face the master. A demonic laughter filled the compartment but only he could hear it as the rest would not stir for hours.

His search ended he sat on Terrin's chest watching him rouse into an unmoving consciousness. Terrin could feel everything that was going on around him. He was aware that this thing was sitting on his chest but could not move.

"How dare you defile the masters Dark Heart," the creature hissed, "for this you must pay the price." Terrin both saw and heard the creature viciously begin to sink his fangs into his right arm. Blood began to flow and with each drop the creatures actions became more frinzed. He could hear his own bones being crunched and knawed through as the siths teeth burrowed deeper and deeper. A final shreadding sound followed as the last remaining flesh was litterally pulled away with his blood soaked arm.

"The master will find this a very fitting pize and he thanks you for your generosity."
The creatures laugh echoed as he watched his helpless victim screaming in agony. The sith fires rose around him before vanishing with the creature and his newly acquired trophy.

Posts: 47 | From: | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.4.252.103
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-29-2001 08:27 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
So-oo-ooo nice, the black, the dark, like a softly encompassing blanket, reminiscent of mother's loving arms, cradling, rocking, hiding, keeping me safe....

No. No. Something is niggling, something is clawing, frantic, yearning to move, yearning to cry out, striving to release something, a release of sorts, a warning perhaps, something not of this warm non-ness which I would remain in....

It pushes harder, reaching into... into what? Into me? No, into... it. Into... her. It is she. She, the Younger. She the Being. She the Stronger, she who niggles and cries and strives and would claw and scratch....

Why would she hurt her mother?

Slowly, oh so damnably slowly, my heavy lids were almost physically pulled upward, clearly balking the move, clearly seeking to remain closed, so difficult, so difficult... I would remain here, safe in this darkness, in this special place where all the dark beings cannot go as they will never get into my head, never, never, never....

My eyes, partially open, I licked dry lips. What in Hell's Seven Circles had happened now? Terrin--?

With a groan, I turned my head to the side. There lay Nassy, sprawled awkwardly across the gleaming wood of the Captain's Table where we had been seated... had been seated... doing... what?

The question brought a frown to my face as I strove to gather my scattered thoughts. I stared blankly at the unconscious Twi'lek, trying to remember.

What had happened? We were planning where to go, we were going to go to-- to Sullust, I believe had been the last concensus; yes, that was it. Then-- then something, a flash, a light, something...

Had the ship run into an untoward meteor shower? Had it been holed? Were we about to die; was that why I was so befuddled, for the growing lack of oxygen? Where were the other members of our party?

Where was Terrin?

Groaning, I put a hand to my forehead and hauled myself upright to a sitting position. Blinking a bit, I turned my head to my left...

...where my beloved lay, unconscious and very, very pale, in a pool of blood. A rather large pool of blood, one that was rapidly expanding even as I watched. One I suddenly realized was emanating from him, from--

I gasped, my hand flying to my mouth as I realized the extent of his injury. OH GODS, TERRIN, NO!

Even as the thought imprinted itself on my mind, there to remain for the remainder of my days along with the ghastly image my love presented to me, I forced my unwilling body into action. Struggling to remain conscious and in full possession of my facilities, keenly aware that all others were yet out cold on the floor of the Formal Dining Hall, I scrambled to Terrin's injured side, tears welling up in my eyes as I reached for the material of my dress and ripped off the majority of its skirting. Scarcely aware of what I was doing, I wrapped it around the stump of my love's right arm, tightening it with one desperation-driven yank, then another. His flowing blood slowed in diametric opposition to my tears, which were by now flowing freely.

Gods, what have I done to you by loving you? What have I wrought, by allowing you to return that love?

Choking back the flowing tears, I put that thought aside. I couldn't dare let it gain the upper hand; Terrin's very life was at stake. He was as pale as the ice of Hoth; judging by that and the veritable sea in which the Mess Hall was awash, I knew he had lost an enormous amount of blood.

Desperation inspired adrenalin. I wasn't aware of the seeming impossibility; I merely put my arm around Terrin's shoulders and, getting my feet beneath me, hoisted myself upright. Then I practically ran, or at least ran as best I could, off to the Sick Bay, where I knew a med-droid and a bacta tank awaited.

I'm sure Captain Joao won't mind the imposition, the apparent non sequitur flashed through my mind as something, some unknown sense I didn't know I had, led me unerringly toward the Devil-May-Care's medical facilities. I burst into the room, alerting the med-droid, and soon had Terrin safely ensconced within a bacta tank.

Only then did the enormity of what had happened sink into me. My legs suddenly rubber, I slumped to the floor, not wanting to look at the tubes which seemed to run from every bodily orifice Terrin had. My eyes once more flooded with tears, and with no further ado I simply gave myself in to despair.

That my sister was behind this was more than obvious. She and her hell-spawned demons would haunt us the rest of our days. There was no place where we would be safe from her, no where to hide. How could we be safe on Sullust when we couldn't avoid her in the ravages of hyperspace?

I put up my knees and rested my face against them, my hot tears soaking through the shattered remnants of the dress Terrin had bought for me, my entire demeanor as bleak and despairing as I'm certain would be our future.

[ 12-29-2001 10:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1459 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.104.41
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 12-29-2001 08:56 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Wow, WHAT A HANGOVER, Jasyn thought, cracking one eye open. And what a nightmare...

Nightmare???

His head still throbbing, Jasyn opened the other eye to find himself staring at the Mess Hall ceiling.

Mess hall ceiling?

Frowning, he forced himself to roll over and shoved himself up to sitting with both hands. Blinking he tried to clear the red from his eyes.

Wait a minute...red...red that was not going away...

He suddenly snapped to alert, and found himself on his feet, running, following SOMEONE'S trail of blood, keenly aware that Galen and Terrin were both missing.

At last the trail led to the med center, where, as he got closer, he could hear stiffled sobs.

Sobs? This wasn't going to be good.

He entered and froze as the bacta tank appeared in his line of sight...one which contained a rather pale and sickly looking Terrin, minus...

...his right arm. Jasyn shuddered involuntarily, turning to face her, not certain of what had gone so horribly wrong but certain he didn't want to know. She was literally wracked with sobs, tears streaming down her face. Reacting out of sheer instinct, he came to her, only momentarily glancing at the blood on her own clothing, now torn.

Oh gods, but what had happened...?

But he knew better than to ask. After all, she might not know herself. Instead, wrapped consoling arms around her, frowning at the injury upon his Captain's person, unable to comprehend that something this truly horrible had happened.

Jasyn had to admit it to himself, he was angry. Sure, Terrin hadn't always been a perfect guy, but he'd always taken care of his crew. He'd never deserved anything like this.

As she continued to cry, Matt ran in, others probably on his heels.

"What the...?" Matt's line of questioning was cut off, as he too caught sight of the bacta tank. Jasyn just shifted his gaze over to the red-headed man, his look clearly evidencing anger and confusion.

Matt leaned against the wall, seemingly sick at the sight. "What are we going to do?" he muttered.

"We're going to help him, that's what," Jasyn growled. "He's gonna need all the support he can get..."

[ 12-29-2001 08:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.53
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-29-2001 09:47 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
At length I became aware that I was no longer alone in the medical facilities with my love and my despair. Matt and Jasyn had barrelled into the Sickbay, followed closely by the Twi'lek and finally by Captain Joao. I shuddered briefly, refusing to look up at anyone, keenly aware of the thoughts that were probably uppermost in everyones' minds.

Especially Captain Joao's. Khaandon, but I'd be lucky if he didn't just set course to the nearest med facility, there to leave Terrin to recover. As for me, I'd be lucky if he didn't just up and space me....

Well, not before I take care of one little matter.

Shaking my head and sniffing back my tears, I rose to my feet, uncaring that way too much of my person was showing out from beneath the ruins of my dress. Fortifying myself with a deeply indrawn breath, I finally found the courage to look Captain Joao straight in the eye.

Surprisingly enough, there wasn't a hint of the anger I expected to see. In fact, the only emotion I could discern was an honest and heartfelt sorrow and concern for the wellbeing of Terrin and myself. Encouraged by this discovery, I found the strength to speak to him directly. There was something which direly needed to be done... and as quickly as possible.

"I-If you can trust me after-- after what's happened, Captain, I'd like to have a brief but free run of your ship, if I might."

I looked beseechingly into his green eyes, which narrowed a bit in wary curiosity. Then they flooded with warmth once again, and he nodded his assent.

Nodding myself to the others, I quickly left the med-bay, hurrying now up one corridor and down the next, until at last I reached the Dining Hall where we had shared such lighthearted camaraderie so shortly before. I couldn't help but gag as I saw the amount of blood which congealed upon it's otherwise pristine floor.

Stepping carefully around the hideously shining pool, I approached the one member of our party who had not rushed pellmell to the medical facility. K'kihl remained seated where he had been, looking for all the world as though nothing untoward had happened and that the sight of way too much human blood splashed about was the normal procedure one endured in the enjoyment of haute cuisine. His raised his shining faceted eyes in my direction as I entered the room, and clacked his mandibles at me. Though he was not built for expressing emotion, wave upon wave of concern fairly rolled off him and covered me in warmth.

I blinked back another onslaught of tears, and held my hand out. I waggled my fingers.

"You'd better give it to me before you're minus an arm yourself," I said, gagging over the black humor in that statement.

The Verpine clacked his mandibles. "Certain are you, that this in your safe-keeping should be?" he queried, calmly tilting his head now to the other side. I remained mute, my hand outstretched, and waggled my fingers again.

He shrugged, then reached around into a scaley projection of his carapace. Inserting his claws carefully, he withdrew a small and brilliant object. It glittered in his manipulatory appendage like an oversized drop of blood... and was just about as rare.

But not quite. Not rare enough to be worthy of the blood which had been spilt over it... or the threat of future bloodshed which remained, haunting this jewel like some deadly curse following the opening of some ancient and hoary tomb.

Gritting my teeth with determination, I plucked the Nar Kelba from K'kihl's steady hands, then whirled and stalked toward the ship's hangar bay. Entering therein, I bypassed the sleek little infiltrator and made a beeline toward a simple TIE-fighter which hunkered alongside it. For a moment I paused, taking in the name emblazoned on the durasteel of its bulkhead.

WannaBee.

I reached out a hand and laid it upon the cold metal. "You're gonna go beyond that now, my friend," I whispered to her. "Wannabe no longer; you now have a destiny to fulfill."

With those words I opened her hatch, entered her confined cabin, and immediately began fiddling with her navboard. Typing furiously, I laid in a course; then I paused a moment to hold the Nar Kelba up before my eyes. It glittered in benign beauty, it's apparently innocuous wonder a total and complete lie regarding it's true nature, and the fates of those who pursued it.

I pursed my lips. "You should never have been brought into being in the first place," I whispered. "I'll find another way to defeat my sis-- to defeat Graysith, other than utilizing you."

With those words, I laid the gem down on the control seat of WannaBee, hit a final button, and backed carefully out. I had scarcely gotten to the safety of the corridor beyond, the door to the hangar safely closing behind me, when I heard her hatch close, and the outer bay doors open.

Then the little TIE-fighter launched from it's mothership, and hurtled off directly into the heart of the nearest star. It completely disintegrated way before it ever completely passed through that stellar's corona, it's atoms mingling with those that had once comprised the Nar Kelba.

[ 12-29-2001 10:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1459 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.101.159
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 12-29-2001 10:05 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The room began to chill once more as the shadows began to dance in a flame that seperated Galen from the rest of her crew now slowly gathering around their wounded leader and his love. The flames rose from the floors to the ceiling creating a wall surrounding Galen and the two figures that now entered the ring. One was small, made of mere shadows, eyes as blood red as the drops that still dripped from his lips and fangs. The other was all to familiar; tall, hooded with flashing tirquoise eyes and purple huen features. They strood from the very sith fires that kept all at bay.

"Hello again welp," he sneared as both amusement and seathing rage flared in his eyes. The figure at his side seemed to be in constant motion claws scrapping as he passed back and forth in front of his master awaiting but his very whim.

Galen could feel the anger welling inside of her and the familiar sting of the all wanting to lash out of her. The Dark Lord tipped his head back laughing at her state.
"Yes welp let it out once more. Let the all flow from your very depths. You caught me off guard once but you will not again." He taunted her with his words; his very presence. She wanted to lash out but his clawed hand outstetched freezing her to her very spot. His fist slowly started to close and to all those observing it seemed as if her entire body was slowly being crushed. Just before her bones would begin to snap and her air would be completely taken from her he held his grip.

"I believe you have something that belongs to me." Maladius scurried forward searching her with anything but gentelness in his touch. Galen could feel the violation but was powerless to stop the creatures probes.
The creature could not find the precious stone for which he had been searching and returned to his master. She could see that he was lusting now for her very own blood but it was not in the Dark Lords plans, at least not today.

He wispered something in the ancient sith dialect that only his brother could comprehend before calling his minion to his side. His purple huen lips curled into one final smile over his blackened fangs before the duo stepped back into the heart of the flames.

Galen crumpled to the floor breathlessly as the last of the flames disappeared carring their master away once again.

[ 12-29-2001 10:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dark Lord Roan ]

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.4.252.103
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 12-29-2001 10:32 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After Galen left, Jasyn cast another blank look at the bacta tank, anger growing by leaps and bounds with every second. Leaning against one of the med tables, he continued to stare blankly, unwilling to leave until Terrin was out of bacta and at least conscious. He turned his gaze momentarily to the others in the room. Matt was looking about as bleak as he was, and Captain Joao seemed to be fairly radiating with empathy himself.

Just as Galen re-entered the room, Jasyn was about to ask what she had done when a purple fire appeared from nowhere, ecapsulating her.
Jasyn jerked to alert once again, and before he knew it someone was trying to put the fire out in vain. What seemed like hours passed, but at last, the fire simply disappeared, leaving in its wake a crumpled Galen.

Matt gasped. "What was that?"

Jasyn shuddered just a bit. "I don't think I want to know." Picking her up off the floor, he put her on a sickbed and measures were taken to ensure her vitals were still good.

Shifting his gaze from the still-floating Terrin to the unconscious Galen, Jasyn slammed a fist on another bed, causing Matt to jump. "Damn it all! Who deserves this? This is over that Nar Khelba, isn't it?"

Matt nodded. "I'll bet. But," he added, "I've got a feeling it's gone far from here now."

--------------------

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 12-30-2001 11:51 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I really, really don't know what in the name of all the gods had possessed me to grant this woman run of Devil-May-Care, anymore than I realized exactly what was the basis for the eerily horrific events that had transpired since her arrival aboard my ship. All I knew was that at some gut level I still continued to trust her as much as I now so suddenly found myself trusting Nassy.

A great fighting pair these two would make, wouldn't they ol' boy, should we need it. Too bad you're a touch wee shy of a fighter now, though....

I frowned at the thought, then dismissed it entirely. Ships I could replace. Human lives I could not, and something told me that human lives of the highest importance were at stake here. And more, perhaps. If the events that had transpired had been due to the Sith they were talking about, then this Graysith was indeed a very, very bad lady. These guys were definitely gonna need the ultimate protection; my frown deepened as I began wondering where in the Universe I could take them to grant them that.

I sighed, running my hand through my hair, and went over to stand before the bacta tank in which Captain Danner floated. I'll admit the sight of him there, sans upper appendage, didn't go very far toward appeasing my suddenly queasy stomach, nor my darkening thoughts. I wasn't used to really hairy fighting. Yeah, I'm a merch runner, but the key word in that nom de plume is "runner." Though I could fight when necessary, I found in the long run it is usually much better to cut and run while the running is good.

Like you did with Cella, an irritating little voice taunted me from seemingly thin air. Like you almost did with Nassy. Like-- you're considering doing now?

The merest mention of Nassy's name quite suddenly brought her last words to me to mind. In it for the long haul. As I too had stated to these people, had I not? I rose up on my tiptoes at that, pursing my lips as I stared into the unconscious face of Terrin Danner, aware of his two crewman who hovered in the background behind me.

Suddenly I was filled with the absolute certainty that all our cards needed to be laid out on the table, every last one of them... and the two people holding most of the deck were momentarily incapacitated. I believed that these people had been in the process of doing just that when events unfolded with the lightning fast strike of a Vodranian dianoga.

They were going to trust me with the hand they held, be it the infamous "Dead Man's Hand" or no. Now it was my turn to continue trusting in them.

I whirled on my heel, and pinned Captain Danner's men with a steely look. "Let me know when anyone is conscious," I ordered succinctly. Then I strode past them and headed to the bridge. There I laid in a course to Sullust; at the moment I honestly couldn't think of any place better to go.

[ 12-30-2001 12:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.107.28
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-30-2001 01:04 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: PLEASE FOLLOW OUR INTREPID LITTLE CREW INTO THE "ALL OR NOTHING" THREAD IN THE COMPLETE SW UNIVERSE FORUM, AND SEE IF THEY MAKE IT SAFELY TO SULLUST OR NOT....))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.206.203

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e