my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Standing on the Edge of Forever (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Standing on the Edge of Forever
Abaddonis

The New Dark Lord of the Sith

Member # 133

posted 09-26-2001 06:55 PM     Profile for Abaddonis   Author's Homepage   Email Abaddonis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He stood on an old lava plain of the little moonlet, scraping the heavens with his eerily intense gaze. For years he had hidden here on this secretive little base, gaining a strength his own self-training could never have allowed him to achieve, willingly acknowledging that fact and relishing what he had to sacrifice in its accrual. What he had to accept.

And now, standing on the edge of his achievement, he realized he had surpassed his instructors. Beyond that, he had completely dominated them. The combination of the Dark Side which flowed within him like some stygian river, and the biogenetic engineering factors he had gained from the Yuuzhan Vong was more than capable of totally overwhelming their Empire.

But this was not the Empire he yearned to dominate.

Smiling a black smile, he raised a gloved hand before his face, then clenched it into a fist as if by that very movement he could encompass entire worlds. Soon, he told himself, all that I seek shall come into Being.

The very thought sparked another interest. That with the aide of his new allies he would indeed swoop in and completely dominate the Galaxy he had no doubt; the thought triggered thus was one rather of preparedness. Who, exactly, would be posing the greatest threat to his ambitions?

He closed his eyes, seeking out with his dark and heightened talents, searching, sensing, questing...

Darth Malice... incognito. The fool never did have much in the way of any power; chances are he has wilted into dust out of sheer inactivity...

Darth Desolist... ahh, a cunning adversary, but equally the fool. To rely so heavily upon his lackey, the Hunter Gravin Dark, and then to allow his own very fortress; nay, the entire moon upon which it was hidden!-- to be destroyed by his own carefully hoarded Khym Magroo device... he posed no challenge to him either.

Darth Atma, dead at the hand of his Jedi father. Darth Wicked... equally a weak failure. Although he did get surprisingly far in his own ambitions, considering that he was but a clone....

Timber Saden... now, there was the adversary.

He grimaced, considering his fist once again. Poking out from holes intentionally slashed into the leather were twin spikes; nay, it was thorns which protruded from each side of his wrist. Smaller ones, planted there by Vong bioengineering, sprung from the back of each hand. He clenched his fist harder, relishing in the sharp pain that coursed up his arm as the thorns' deep roots grated harshly against bone. Wonderful, welcoming pain, keeping him ever aware, ever alert.

Now turning his engineered eyes skyward, he reached out again. Sought with all his considerable strength the signature of Saden... only to crash abruptly against an unexpected wall of sheer black Elseness.

For a very brief moment, he shuddered. This was something new, something he had never felt before. Something therefore to investigate, to incorporate into his being and his future, to take as his own even as he had taken the Yuuzhan Vong. Questing into the Future would prove fruitless; always in motion as it was. Questing into the Current likewise had proven fruitless, leading him to where he now was.

He chose, therefore, to Quest into the mysteries of Time.

Hunching his shoulders, from which larger, vein-crossed thorns grew, he used the more exquisite pain gained from the movement to channel his focus backward. Searched back, away from the Otherness which he somehow knew held Saden, followed a wavering link in the Force to another new sensation: this one merely a glimmering of gray and crimson and incandescent violet. Realized with a sudden snap of his opening eyes, that other equally hazy links emanated from that mysterious essence; links, which he realized further, led him directly to Desolist and Malice, Atma and Wicked. And, of course, Saden.

A Nexus. Someone... or something, who stood center stage regarding the known Sith Lords in the galaxy. He searched back along each link, seeking further enlightenment.

Yet another commonality. All links, and most strongly, the one emanating from this Nexus... all led to a singular place. A mote in the Galaxy, a world as hidden from prying eyes as was the moonlet he now stood upon.

The evil grin which slashed his face into a grimace sprang into being with the simultaneous ignition of his twin j'chi; similar to a Jedi's lightsaber, they were but a third of a normal one's total length. He smiled even more wickedly as he stared into their glacial beams, knowing full well the advantage shorter blades gave a warrior. His eyes reflected back at him in eerie counterpoint: chrome irises, bull's-eyed with electric blue pupils.

Snapping his j'chi closed, he whirled, his black masquer-cape flying about him like Krayt dragon wings, his silver hair, sweeping up from his broad and snow-white forehead, flying about in simultaneous mimickry. "Korr!" he hissed, his rich voice sibilant upon the night air.

A scurrying rustle, and his Yuuzhan Vong assistant and Number One appeared before him. The warrior fell to his knees, his head tilted back to expose his throat to show his utter submission before his Master. The tattooed and scarred Vong spoke not one word, but remained frozen before the Sith Lord. He would remain thus until released by that Lord; only death would make him alter his stance otherwise.

Abaddonis did not let him wait long. Like a stooping hawk, his gloved hand fell upon the shoulder of his Number One, his talons ripping through glove and masquer and deep into the scarred flesh beneath it. There his fingers closed once again into a fist; Korr didn't so much as flinch before the honor of that bestowed pain.

"My esteemed Solven Korr," the Dark Lord hissed. "Long have you stood beside me, never once a hint of treachery in your thoughts or spoken word or mein." Not that you would still be here, had I caught the merest glimmer of this.... Yanking his thoughts from where they had momentarily strayed, he focused his electric pupils on the steadily returned gaze of his second.

"The Time has now come... and I now know the last foe to stand in our way. I would have you prepare my ship, that we might go hence at once, to eliminate this last stumbling block, before we descend upon the pitiful and weak others in a frenzy of death and despair and destruction."

Korr dared to blink in acknowledgement, then remained still as stone. Cruel fingers granted him the boon of sinking even deeper into his flesh. The darkly ominous voice of this unknown Lord of the Sith came into his ears.

"When my ship is prepared, remain aboard her. I would have you come with me."

Now Korr bowed his head in homage, both fists flying up to opposite shoulders. "My Lord," he murmured, then got to his feet as the clenched hand released him to his task. Bowing once more, he turned and left, his freely flowing blood leaving a trail of ichor in his wake.

For a full hour, Abaddonis remained standing in silent scrutiny of the heavens, reading more and more of the planet which stood as another Nexus in the dark links he had followed. A planet which all the Dark Lords of the Sith had at one time or another something to do with... and all likewise linked somehow with the mysterious Nexus he sensed so strongly.

His acute inner clock told him the Time had come. With a purposeful stride he approached his ship of yorik coral, entered, slammed the hatch closed behind him. His war-coordinator waved its tentacles in welcome as he ran his hand over the navigational structures, using the Force to implant into that primitive but exceedingly strong mind the coordinates of the planet he sought.

Without so much as a sound or flash of light, the ship exploded from the ground. It's course was sure and steady. It's destination: Khar Delba.

[ 03-18-2002 07:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Abaddonis ]

--------------------

Thus saith I, "All I perceive is my domain, and all my domain is fear."

Posts: 20 | From: | Registered: Sep 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.197.213
Abaddonis

Member # 133

posted 10-10-2001 04:07 PM     Profile for Abaddonis   Author's Homepage   Email Abaddonis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It is said that those of delicate constitutions cannot gaze out upon the ravening splendor of hyperdriven space without becoming at the very least quite sick to their stomachs. What is known to few, however, is the reaction of the human-- and as is quite often the case, non-human-- mind in attempting to comprehend the absolute impossibility of nothing being stretched into screaming hyperdriven glory.

Which is in fact what occurs when one is in inter-galactic hyperdrive.

Which, in all cases ever reported, resulted in the absolute and irreversible insanity of the observer.

Abaddonis stood like some grim basalt statue before the forward view-villip, contemplating that impossible image and welcoming the borderline madness trembling at the corners of his mind. That he had been standing thus for some time, beckoning the repeated encroachment of the view-triggered dementia over and over in what basically amounted to a lesson in self-control, was quite apparent by the pile of feebly writhing and dying villips laying nearby. The poor creatures didn't have a chance; he was currently gazing with nearly superhuman intensity upon his sixth one. Even as he watched, the creature let out a strange, sub-sonic sort of yawp, and inverted into itself, blackening as it too retreated into that madness which preceded death.

The biogenetically enhanced Lord of the Sith merely sighed in disapproval.

How amusing to think these soft creatures had this Galaxy quite on the run at not so great a time in the past, he thought to himself. Their life revolves about Life; how easily it could have been squelched.

But then, the very consideration explains the fact. He sniffed, letting the thought travel to its obvious conclusion. Foolish and soft jedi, to so revere that very Life which so nearly succeeded in destroying them altogether. Life which yearned to reach out and spread itself without the Galaxy, to grow in heady and explosively dark joy as in that growth it destroyed all it came in contact with.

Indeed, the Jedi had finally found the means to stop the Vong in their first inroads upon the Galaxy.

But the Vong hadn't a Sith Lord in their midst at the time.

Smiling a cruel smile to no one in particular, the Dark Lord of the Sith now let his uncanny eyes fall closed, as once more he reached forth his dark talents to investigate further that place toward which they were hastening. That single endpoint... standing as a Gateway to usher in a new and unexpected destiny for the entire Galaxy and all those who inhabited it. His own mental prowess nothing to sneeze at, he reached out, seeking, searching, following the Link he had so quietly established, and then ever so much more quietly masked... reaching...

Until he once more found it. The Nexus. That somehow shadowy impression of smoke and fire and incandescent light.

He cocked his head a bit to the side, concentrating, seeking with all his strength to break through the strange barrier this... this, whatever it was, this... Being kept so effortlessly wrapped about itself. With all his Dark Strength, with all his bioengineered advancements, he simply could not penetrate that shield. It remained steadfast before him, taunting him, and sending that deeply buried yet so exquisitely pinpointed essence of his very being into silent squalls of fury and outrage.

Without even feeling it, he clenched one muscular hand tightly, his razor-edged talons ripping once again through fabric but this time into the flesh of his own hand as he strained to break through the near insolence of that unknown barrier. Beads of sweat sprang out upon his icy brow, seeming to stand out there as frozen crystals in mute testimony of his efforts.

Solven Korr came quietly up, hesitating, and then took a submissive stance behind and to the left of the Lord. There he froze, waiting for the expected, slashing blow he knew he would soon have the honor of taking when Abaddonis erupted, transforming silent endeavor into sadistic action.

A strong hand loosened its grip, blooded talons revealing themselves as they slid out from his flesh...

Corded muscles contracted, root and implanted coral raking and scraping against bone, twisting and pinching nerves, sending electric impulses shrieking through the Dark Lords physical being in preparation of abrupt and overwhelming movement...

Solven Korr forced himself to remain rock-steady yet loose, tipping his head slightly to one side should his Lord wish to slash his throat and give him the honor of ending his life in one violent act of rage...

The motion never came. Instead, the Dark Lord let out a hiss which was part astonishment, part delight, and part pure evil as his mental efforts finally rewarded him with a small crumb of information.

Beside the Nexus, a small and struggling bud of yet another one magically appeared. It wavered there, gaining strength from its parent as it strove in turn to grow and seek independence of its own.

Abaddonis' eerie eyes darkened to tarnished silver. TWO of them now?

Then his cruel smile returned. So be it. All the more to satisfy my hungers....

Closing his eyes, the Dark Lord of the Sith now took up his former stance, indicating an underling hasten to replace the now-dead villip, and slashing that underling into the Darker Realms for the simple fact that he had to be reminded to do so. Cocking his head a bit, he opened his eyes, and once more directed his electric gaze into the delirium which yet ravened without the ship.

Soon, he thought to himself. Soon.

Behind him the Vong stood in silent submission, quietly awaiting the blow which never came.

[ 10-10-2001 04:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Abaddonis ]

--------------------

Posts: 20 | From: | Registered: Sep 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.205.77
Abaddonis

Member # 133

posted 01-21-2002 03:44 PM     Profile for Abaddonis   Author's Homepage   Email Abaddonis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Dark Lord stood seething before the view-villip, his penetrating gaze affixed to the simply undescribable hell that yet ravened without his ship. He had finally given up his mental workouts in this regard, in fact he had been forced to do so. The ship had come threateningly close to running out of villips entirely; it was only at the trembling behest of Solven Korr-- who had come before him on his knees, his head back, his armor removed from his scarred body-- that Abaddonis had grudgingly seen the wisdom of conservation and had ceased toying with this practice. A bit of his displeasure at having to do so did manage to express iteself in the quite purposeful and painfully slow slashing of Korr's neck, utilizing but one talon in the delicious and sadistic process. The strength of the Vong was fully justified; he hadn't peeped a word as that talon had slowly inserted itself and then, millimeter by incredibly painful millimeter, had sliced its way both deeply into and three-quarters the way around his throat.

Abaddonis now averted his gaze from the view-villip, and considered his bloody talon. He cast his gaze deeply into the shimmering depths of the blood, seeking to see that which he knew the life-essence in that blood could reveal to him.

Yet one manner more in which the pitiful jedi--he spat the word--would never be able to use the Force. How absolutely insipid of them.

His perusal of the blood was suddenly interrupted as something originating millions of lightyears from him slammed into him, alerting him. His hand dropped to his side, and his head jerked back up. Then his electric eyes slitted in concentration as he sent himself back out along the pathway opened by that mysterious force.

He slammed headlong once again upon that annoyingly enigmatic Nexus. However, as with the last time he had probed it's outlines, he was again rewarded with a bit of information. Not only had that crumb remained... the Nexus itself had strengthened somehow. It was as if what made it what it was had been somehow... joined by another.

Something was drawing itself together. Something was going to happen.

Sharpened fangs were exposed in a cruel smile as Abaddonis nodded to himself. Indeed, is something due to occur, he snarled, snapping his fingers in command. Behind him Korr hauled himself obediently to his feet. Though every nerve within his throat had to be screaming in exquisite pain, though blood was running freely down his throat, congealing somewhere in the vicinity of his thighs, he didn't say a word. He merely waited in silence, the willing vessel for whatever wrath or desire the Dark Lord wished to pour into it.

He didn't have to wait long.

"Increase velocity," Dark Lord Abaddonis snarled in a lethal whisper. Never once turning to face his cowering Second, he continued to stare out the viewscreen.

Somewhere out there, a particular destiny of his own awaited. And he meant to claim it.

[ 01-21-2002 04:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Abaddonis ]

--------------------

Posts: 20 | From: | Registered: Sep 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.197.157
Maladius

Evil

Member # 138

posted 03-14-2002 04:45 PM     Profile for Maladius   Author's Homepage   Email Maladius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The All is a Wonderful Thing for those with the knowledge and ability to use it. It can reach out where no one can go, like into the blackened depths between galaxies. It was the Master of Time, and time had no meaning for it. It was All-Powerful and penetrated everywhere that was.

Out of this everywhere a laughing demon uncoiled himself with his precious prey. The place he had chosen to go was a good one from a demon's point of view, for what better place seek brotherhood than with evil itself?

There were shadows a-plenty aboard the Yuuzhan Vong ship for a prize bearing imp to materialise from. Maladius unfurled himself from lengthening shadows, making himself an even darker one aboard the menacing ship, and approached the grim and silent form of the Leader.

The man before him didn't even bother to turn around and aknowlege his presence but Maladius knew he held his full attention. Though the ship was abuzz with activity all seemed to hold its breath at the audacity of his unexpected appearance. The demon managed to contain himself as he crowched, skuttling forward sideways like a crab holding his head low so as to show respect to the Shadow of Death he sought favor from.

At last he could go no further but stopped and held the body of the bleeding girl out before him his claws still sinking their full length into her body to hold her quiet. He bobbed and lowered his head, moaning and gibbering and drooling and slavering behind the back of the Man in front of him.

At length that Man turned around and pinned piercing chrome eyes on the slavering demon. He didn't say a word but stood there and nodded his head to him just once. Maladius didn't have to be told again; cackling and drooling he held Thea out to Abaddonis and gibbered, "I seek asylum with those to whom I am kin. And to that favor I bring the first of the dowry offerred."

It was all he could do to keep from ripping great gouts of flesh from Thea's body as he hunkered and waited for Abaddonis to reply.

[ 08-02-2002 09:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Posts: 47 | From: | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.192.42
Abaddonis

Member # 133

posted 03-15-2002 03:13 PM     Profile for Abaddonis   Author's Homepage   Email Abaddonis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Dark Lord of the Sith reached out one clawed hand and grasped the child by her chin. His eyes narrowed slightly as he jerked her head this way and that, then roved up and down her small frame as though appraising a choice piece of meat. The gibbering Maladius didn’t so much as meet his gaze, but kept his eyes averted, knowing better than to share Abaddonis’ perusal with him.

At length Abaddonis released his grip, and straightened. His mobile lips curled in a cruel smile, and one finger raised. Korr was instantly beside him, his body still wet with his own blood.

“There is latency in this one that can be used,” Abaddonis said in a deathly whisper. “Perhaps its uncovering will provide a modicum of amusement until our destination is reached.

“Take her to my quarters.”

He then dismissed his second, who bowed, retrieved the girl, and disappeared from the bridge with her. Abaddonis turned his attention back to the apparently abject Maladius, but he wasn’t fooled for an instant. He could sense the pure evil within the demon as clearly as he sensed the Force latency inherent in little Thea.

He cocked his head to one side, his lips pursing as he stared down at Maladius. Then they parted as he laughed.

“You too have shown yourself to be of use to us, my little friend.” He paused, then reached out a hand to grant the imp the honor of his touch. Maladius returned the favor by remaining solid, but he couldn’t keep a wet series of gibbering cackles from escaping his lips. He trembled hotly as the Dark Lord’s claws scraped his flesh.

Abaddonis leaned forward slightly, and then as if there was absolutely nothing untoward at all about child-bearing demons popping into his reality seemingly from thin air, he gave Maladius the first of what might prove to be many orders to come.

“My eyes and ears you shall be, until I am with them,” he hissed. “Begone now.”

Straightening his stance, he turned to the forward view-villip, once more losing himself to the ravages of intergalactic hyperspace. There was no question that the demonic being would dare balk at his command; of that the Dark Lord was as assured as he was his destiny. And that was the utter demolition of whatever civilization he chose to conquer.

The approaching galaxy would be his. And so would others yet to come.

--------------------

Posts: 20 | From: | Registered: Sep 2001  |  Logged: 207.165.114.21
Master Rean

Member # 151

posted 03-16-2002 02:34 PM     Profile for Master Rean   Author's Homepage   Email Master Rean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Master Rean frowned to himself. This Journey through the All was taking too long, too long. That forbode nothing good; what and where was the endpoint of that warbling plea for help?

Warped by manipulated time and space, he continued taking that one step he had begun aboard the ship he trailed Galen and Terrin in. His leg moved forward, slooooow, sloooooow, one prolonged and agonizing step while mysteries unimaginable to the mind of men swirled in a cloud of death around him.

At last his foot met solid ground and he stepped out, crowching immediately, his hightened senses aware of a very great and very near danger. It only took a second for him to ignite his lightsaber, and in that second he recognized who the foe was.

BUT WHERE IN THE NAME OF THE GALAXY WAS HE?

The evil being in front of him didn't even seem surprised as he popped out of nowhere aboard the menacing Vong ship. He acted like this sort of thing happened to him every day. Master Rean felt himself regarded with cold chrome eyes that stared at him without any emotion, it was almost as if this being didn't even care or feel the least bit threatened by him.

He crowched even more, and brought his lightsaber up in front of him ready to defend. His keen jedi sense told him that he could find the frightened soul if he could only get through this evil personage, who was only now beginning to smile. Something told Master Rean that he would have to draw on all his knowledge of the all if he was going to defeat this one, oh how keenly he felt the absence of the Claw. Fighting down debilatating fear, he waited.

[ 08-02-2002 09:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Through the force all become one.

Posts: 28 | From: | Registered: Jan 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.195.181
Abaddonis

Member # 133

posted 03-16-2002 03:19 PM     Profile for Abaddonis   Author's Homepage   Email Abaddonis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Abaddonis raked the crouching Jedi with his heartless gaze, his electric pupils dilating in anticipation of the upcoming battle. A cold sneer spread his sensual lips into a thin line as he looked at Rean like a butcher appraises a herd of nerf.

It wasn't that he took him lightly, this enemy who appeared from nowhere in a cloud of blocked imagery. It was because he took him with every ounce of seriousness that he possessed that the Dark Lord of the Sith was now applauding himself of his soon-to-be victory. He was very much aware of the innate power this lightsabered jedi bore, as well as the disturbing blockage in the Force his obvious presence presented to him. It was somehow reminiscent of that inexplicable Nexus he had reached out to slam unexpectedly into; strange that this one so obligingly now came before him.

Without letting an iota of his maneuvering become apparent, Abaddonis let a swift tendril of his unwholesome abilities stretch forth into the void once again. Once again, they met with that mysterious Non-ness. His eyes slit in further satisfaction at the discovery: so, this one before him wasn't the source of what he had originally felt. It mattered not; he would serve as practice in its eradication.

Now he straightened to his full height, shrugging his masquer cloak back from his shoulders, revealing to the widening eyes of the jedi the sharp thorns extruding from his shoulders. His black-gloved hands moved like lightning; twin hisses broke the spellbound silence aboard the yorik coral ship as his j'chi burst into energetic life.

He knew the jedi would not attack first, and reveled in the thought of being the first to begin the confrontation. He didn't deign to honor the man with his spoken word, but in two quick steps was in front of him, bringing his j'chi to bear in opposite directions, both aimed directly for Master Rean's throat.

--------------------

Posts: 20 | From: | Registered: Sep 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.206.209
Master Rean

Member # 151

posted 03-16-2002 03:43 PM     Profile for Master Rean   Author's Homepage   Email Master Rean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Jedi Master raised his lightsaber in a lightning fast move and just barely managed to block the attack of Abaddonis's two short sabers. He held his blade against the two of them the energies hissing and crackling between them both as they touched and his eyes widened in near disbelief at the powerful strength this man had. He knew he too had strengths of his own, the strength of the all...

...but strength he couldn't tap into fully, not without the Claw. That device was necessary to use the powers of the all to kill, without it he had to rely solely on his lightsaber as would any jedi. He could use the all to travel the immensity of space and to carry back the unknown being whose cries had drawn him here but he couldn't bring them to bear against the powerful and Dark Lord of the Sith.

Rean took a short step backwards yeilding to the power of Abaddonis's pressing attack. Then another. Even as he did so he wondered why the Vong Lord wasn't doing anything else besides pressing him back, so far all he was doing was continuing to hold pressure against his own lightsaber. If he moved his blade the two short ones would slice cleanly in to decapatate him, he moved back yet another step trying not to think about it.

Then his thoughts flashed in another direction, and all he could see was another flash, that of hair the color of sunset reflecting in big brown eyes. He saw her as he had last seen her, and his soul cried out in anguish. Galen, if I don't succeed here, I have failed you, he thought to himself and somehow managed to stop moving backward and hold his ground. He struggled to open a door through the all to bring this one back with him, and even as he felt space and time begin its familiar warping he knew something had gone terribly terribly wrong.

She would never know exactly how much she meant to him....

[ 08-16-2002 03:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 28 | From: | Registered: Jan 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.206.209
Maladius

Evil

Member # 138

posted 03-16-2002 04:03 PM     Profile for Maladius   Author's Homepage   Email Maladius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maladius danced and gibbered as he spread himself between the little crannies between time and space, chortling as every now and then as he stuck a clawed finger intentionally out into the otherness there to experience firsthand the exquisite pain the action brought. For the third time in as many minutes he was indulging himself like this, shuddering as the impossibly electric pain of his matter turning to nonmatter and back again raced up his arm to stab into his evil brain. He wiggled in perverse joy at that pain, forcing himself to maintain his material form as he readied himself for another attack on his own flesh. For pain was good, pain was his friend, pain was highly sought after and pain was what he wanted nothing more in the entire universe than to bring to that universe in mind-boggling quantities.

Shuddering and drooling as yet again his claw dematerialized and took form he was suddenly alerted to something occuring back with his newfound Master and friend. He was busy engaging in bringing more lovely pain to another someone, but someone who was not a very willing subject about it all. Such a shame, that this one wasn't aware of the exquisite pleasure this could bring, such a shame that his new friend was having such difficulty with it all. He would go help his new friend initiate the unwilling person into the Rite of Pain, just to help show the new Dark Lord that he would be faithful to him through whatever might come.

No drop of light in that one, he thought to himself with a malicious giggle. I love him.

Oh look, how obliging. The silly one has already opened the door. All the easier for me to show my worth.

Another drooling giggle escaped his slobbering lips as he cast one swift glance behind himself and took aim. Then he lanced his sharply pointed tail out behind himself, bursting into masochistic laughter at the nearly intolerable pain of it being stretched across lightyears to slam with finality into something firm and moist and yielding.

[ 08-16-2002 03:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Posts: 47 | From: | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.206.209
Master Rean

Member # 151

posted 03-16-2002 04:15 PM     Profile for Master Rean   Author's Homepage   Email Master Rean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Master Rean gasped as Maladius's sharp tail pierced his flesh from behind. The wound in itself while severe was not a mortal one, but it might just as well have been. He staggered, his lightsaber dropping from his suddenly nerveless fingers as the unexpected attack took his attention entirely away from Abaddonis.

That was all it took, just that moment of distraction.

His last thought was of Galen's name.

His last feeling was incredible sorrow.

His last impression was that of a flash of light, followed by a confusing series of topsy-turvy views of the Yuuzhan Vong ship which ended with the sight of the tip of a black boot awash with the thick ruby richness of his own blood, a sight which then gradually faded away into a blackness no light would ever be able to pierce again.

[ 08-16-2002 03:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 28 | From: | Registered: Jan 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.206.209
Abaddonis

Member # 133

posted 03-16-2002 04:56 PM     Profile for Abaddonis   Author's Homepage   Email Abaddonis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Abaddonis returned his j'chi to their places on his weapons belt even as a descending sssss bespoke of his simultaneously extinguishing them. Not a word was spoken aboard the ship, no one dared break the silence marred only by those two electric sounds.

The Dark Lord of the Sith had been granted an assisting hand. How would he take it?

Every Vong aboard busied himself at his post, managing to maintain the almost surreal silence that had suddenly blanketed the ship, allowing each one to keep an ear cocked if their Lord would desire to vent his rage in another direction. For the subject of that possible rage had disappeared into the thin air from which he had first manifested himself, and the second unexpected invader was dead.

Abaddonis nudged his cold boot against Rean's even colder head, cocking his own to one side as he studied the death splayed out at his feet. A swelling rage indeed had begun to grow in his black heart with the realization that, though he truly felt he would have been victorious on his own device against this one, now he would never really know.

He nudged the head a touch harder, then gave it a vicious kick.

He turned about-face in a whirl of masquer cloak and blazing eyes.

"Feed this one to the Yammosk!" he hissed as he strode from the bridge, his entire being filled with a deeply seated need to find another vessel to fill with his wrath. Yet there existed even deeper within his soul a little speck of approving laughter.

How kin reaches out to kin; that one is kin of my heart. A boon to us it is indeed that he came to me this day.

Then he eradicated the tiny speck completely and continued on, brushing savagely against Sylvan Korr who was hurriedly approaching from the direction he himself was now heading. He honored his second by pausing briefly to stab his claws into his shoulder, staring deeply into his eyes as he hauled the Vong back into balance, reading in their depths the story of initiation begun.

His claws met themselves in Korr's shoulder, then they slid wetly out and he moved on toward his quarters. Thoughts of further initiation filled his black mind, and he licked on his own bloodied fingers in anticipatory delight.

[ 03-18-2002 07:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Abaddonis ]

--------------------

Posts: 20 | From: | Registered: Sep 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.206.194
Maladius

Evil

Member # 138

posted 03-17-2002 02:28 PM     Profile for Maladius   Author's Homepage   Email Maladius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maladius cradled the little halfbreed child to his armored chest, his claws twining through her thick shock of hair as he traveled the immensity of space and time to get back where he belonged. His second task finished, he was looking forward to the reward of getting to know his new shipmates better.

A thin string of drool began to escape his lips at the mere thought of what lay ahead, and it was only by dint of conscious effort he managed to prevent it from wetting the hair of the child held tightly in his arms. He rocked the little infant, cackling again, and managed to squeak out a few high-pitched notes in a terrible parody of a lullabye.

The little being in his arms was clearly not amused. Something flared out from her, and Maladius almost dropped her as it struck him squarely between his bloody eyes. He slitted them, and stared balefully down at the baby.

If it weren't for his destination....

That thought was interrupted before it could scarcely form by the arrival of that destination. The embodiment of evil uncoiled himself once again from the otherness of the All, and once more found himself aboard the Yuuzhan Vong ship. He glance around, looking for the One, the Leader, the one who called himself Abaddonis.

That one was nowhere to be found, but the one he recognized as subordinate to him was fast approaching. Maladius first thought was to strike out and slash this one; gibbering with effort, he managed to hold himself in check until the Vong came to a solid halt in front of him.

Maladius held out the child of the Chosen One and He who had once been his Lord.

"This second gift is offerred!" he announced in a crescendo of snarls and insane giggles. Then handing the child over to Sylvan Korr, he disappeared back into the blackness of the nonreality of his birth.

[ 08-16-2002 03:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Posts: 47 | From: | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.204.181
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 03-18-2002 08:33 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thea sat shivering in a corner, she ached all over. Where was she? Could Logan, or Cella, or Jeroc or anyone find her? She was frightened and alone but no matter what happened she would be a Jedi, they wouldn't allow it any other way, she knew that. She just had to be patient and trust them. She took a deep breath to calm herself and stop from shaking. She closed her eyes and started going over the relaxation techniques she had been taught at the Praxeum. Time. All she needed was time.

[ 03-18-2002 08:34 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Padme of Hidden Lake ]

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 193.52.64.54
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 03-20-2002 12:45 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Universe swirled around the newborn in a dance of not-quite-perceived shadows and light. Cloudy images grew and faded muzzily before her wide and staring eyes, which took in that around her with almost supernatural awareness. She was aware of the shadows; she just couldn't see them clearly as yet.

What she could sense with utter clarity, however, were feelings. Primal, primitive feelings. Feelings some have come to suspect are actually inherited in the genetic makeup of life, and passed with innate understanding and reaction from one generation to the next.

Feelings that, completely unbeknownst and utterly unimaginable to anyone beyond her unique little view, quietly told her in a way she understood without seeing that things were happening to her.

She felt the onrush of something akin to deep-seated joy at the moment of her birth. She felt something akin to puzzlement and frustration at the recognition of the fact that those around her were somehow not linked with her truly, somehow not of her yet somehow exactly the opposite. She felt something akin to puzzlement as this oxymoron swept through her in the seconds following her birth... then coalesced into recognition of something twin to a deep part of her own self taking her and moving her off into an introduction to yet another new universe.

She felt a strange unity with the one taking her now... taking her from something who had annoyed her by interrupting her primitive scrutiny into herself... taking her now in a flurry of muzzy images of light and dark to another, who likewise took hold of her and held her quiet.

Again a disturbing feeling of belonging/not belonging washed over the infant's unexpected and unseen perceptions. Those around her could not even begin to guess at the depth of those feelings, nor how lucidly they were being understood by the little newborn. Suddenly the wash of feelings seemed to pause, as though waiting.

She waited with it, and having nothing better at the moment to do, opened her mouth and began to cry.

[ 03-20-2002 12:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.101.159
Abaddonis

Member # 133

posted 03-20-2002 01:12 PM     Profile for Abaddonis   Author's Homepage   Email Abaddonis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Abaddonis sent a dark look down upon the squalling infant he held in his gloved hands. While the greater part of him recoiled in distaste at the thought of what he was doing, a small glimmer of dark logic told him that this being, if raised in the proper manner, be of use to him and the designs he was laying out upon the future.

Very great use indeed... for in a manner twinned to that of the mysterious Nexus, even though he held this infant, could feel the heat in the little body, see her perfect and red-headed little body... he couldn't sense her through the Force one iota.

It was as though he held The Void in his grasp.

That remarkable discovery provoked a black smile to curl upon his lips, and he graced Sylvan Korr with a rare moment of leniency. Rather than perpetrate further atrocities upon his Second for his audacity in interrupting him at the very doorway to his own quarters, there to hand the little bundle of Non-ness to him, he chose instead to allow him to live.

"You may go, Korr," he snarled in an evil whisper, never taking his intense gaze off of the crying babe in his hands.

Behind him on his knees, his Second didn't have to be told twice. His fisted hands flashed to both shoulders in a salute of respect and devotion as he rose smoothly to his feet. Then before Abaddonis could changed his mind, Sylvan Korr whirled in a crisp about-face and hurried back to the bridge, there to maintain rigid order and efficiency in the momentary absence of their Lord.

Abaddonis now took one step further, the movement triggering the muscular contractions of that which controlled his door. It slid greasily open, allowing him entrance into his private and opulent suite. He paused momentarily, sweeping the rooms with his electric gaze until they found what he was looking for. Not one drop of emotion or hint at what was to come escaped him as he descended like some dark angel of death upon the cowering form of Thea.

Coming to a halt in front of her, he paused and devoured her with his eyes. Then he thrust the baby into her arms.

"Maintain this one, human!" he snarled blackly as he reared back to his full and formidable height. "Keep her alive and well, see to her needs and growth. There is some time yet to pass before your Galaxy is met; for your own well-being, I suggest you see to it that this one is whole and well when that event occurs."

From the look he read in the little girl's eyes, he knew she understood him completely. Then, with nothing more needed to be said, he whirled to go back to the bridge, there to arrange more suitable quarters for the two unexpected gifts supplied him by his new familiar.

--------------------

Posts: 20 | From: | Registered: Sep 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.101.184
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 03-21-2002 10:02 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thea held the baby close to her, the poor little thing she thought, to be ripped from it's mother at such a young age. The child was crying so she started to sing as she rocked it, a soft lullaby her mother had sang to her. It comforted Thea herself just as much as the child in her arms. "Well, little one, we are here together, just us two. But don't worry I'll take care of you until Master Jeroc or Master Cella find us. And the Jedi will take care of you after as well - I know they will. You'll be one of us someday." Thea kissed the tiny child's forehead and continued to rock her until the both of them fell asleep.

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 193.52.64.54
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 03-24-2002 11:44 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For several hours the infant remained silent, cuddled into the warm embrace of the little girl. During this time she drifted in and out of sleep, all the while being washed with sensations bordering an annoyance similar to that she had felt when the noisy thing who had first snatched her had tried to send such low frequency shock waves into her ears. Rest, however, was of the greatest need, so something within her chose to ignore those disturbing sensations, and she had allowed herself to sleep along with Thea.

Now however, the time had come to open her eyes. Shadows swam blearily out of focus about her, but her keen senses still managed somehow to put meaning to them. The wave-emitting thing who held her was still silent; those mysterious forces that govern the actions of all things lay quiescent, and into this calm pool there now came a ripple.

She was hungry.

Blinking her arresting eyes almost as though in effrontery that she should be feeling such a primitive sensation as hunger, the little babe began flailing her fists and squirming about. When there was no immediate response, she flailed harder. At length she opened her tiny mouth and once more began to cry.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.197.72
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 03-26-2002 11:18 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The sound of the baby's cry woke Thea suddenly. She looked down at the little one wondering what she could do. "You're hungry aren't you? I am too. I wonder what there is around here to eat, and if there is a bottle I could give you. Let's see if this door is open first."
She got up carefully and gently cradling the infant to her rocking it to try to calm it she went over to the door and hesitately pushed it. It opened silently and easily before her, and she walked cautiously out into the corridor looking around to see if she was guarded. Seeing no one there she headed off to find the kitchen, hoping there would be something to feed the child.
After a few minutes of aimless wandering she found what she was looking for. The kitchen was deserted which didn't bother her at all. Carefully laying the child in a corner she grabbed a chair and climbed up on to it to see into the cabinets. She smiled when she saw a tiny bottle - she didn't know what it had been used for before but it would sufise, climbing down she washed it quickly then grabbed some blue milk and began heating it all the while talking soothingly to the child. As the milk heated she searched for something more substantial for herself. Finding a bowl of fruit she took it to the table and set it down, then she went back to the milk and checking to make sure it was the right temperature poured it carefully into the bottle. She crossed over to the child and picked her up cradleing her in one arm holding the bottle in her mouth she sat and began eating the fruits as the baby drank her milk contentedly. Thea smiled watching the tiny thing, "I'm glad I have you for company at least, though I wish I knew your name. What can I call you? I know I'll call you Celestine for now, like my mother."
She sat rocking the baby and eating for a while longer occasionally singing or humming little bits of her mother's favorite songs.

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 04-03-2002 10:32 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unspecified yet clearly discerned feelings washed through the little babe as she nuzzled the bottle held to her mouth. The liquid she was devouring, while not entirely palatable, was at least filling and stilled the rumblings which had been growing in her midsection. Bit by bit as the bottle was depleted her hunger waned, and finally was satiated altogether.

Now she could afford to turn her attention to the other sensations bombarding her tiny body.

The first thing to strike her awareness was that yet more strange shock waves were impacting her hearing. They were not at all pleasant to her; pursing her lips a bit she squirmed one way and another in the arms of the being who was sending them out into her ears. The noises only continued, their pattern broken only momentarily as something touched her lightly on her forehead. Though Sha'Rhylla was a bit uncertain as to what exactly had made that touch, the feeling behind it was all too clear. It washed over her like a tidal wave, engulfing her with warmth and a growing feeling of something akin to care and pity.

Intolerable.

Something flared out from her in pure annoyance, and similar to her reaction to the lullabye-crooning Maladius struck little Thea squarely between the eyes. Accompanying that wave of pure rejection came Rhylla's first unconscious attempt at integrating the feeling/thought barrier that existed deep within her limbic system. Of course she had no command of language as yet, but the projected sense was universal:

"NO...!"

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.197.53
Abaddonis

Member # 133

posted 04-11-2002 03:52 PM     Profile for Abaddonis   Author's Homepage   Email Abaddonis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Abaddonis, moving in great strides of overpowering self-assurance, came to the doorway of his personal chambers with a timing that was nothing but impeccable. It was as though the little non-babe had summoned him here to bear witness to that which she held, and that which he could then take and use in turn: an onrush of evil delight curled his sensual lips into a horrid semblance of a smile as he watched little Thea suddenly fall backwards as though being dealt a blow by an unseen adversary. The bottle of quasi-milk she had been pressing to the lips of the infant fell to the floor of Abaddonis' opulent chambers, there to leak white tears upon his rich and decadent floor coverings, floor coverings whose thick richness prevented the child from being unduly bruised as she landed upon that portion of her anatomy best suited for such things. She lay there in a momentary fog of startlement, the little babe rolling from her loosened grasp.

Abaddonis utterly ignored Thea's ignominious slam; he only had eyes for the infant. That little being, freed from the arms of the little girl, plopped quietly to the carpets and continued to roll a bit until it fetched up against the leg of a nearby chair. It ended up on its back, its little arms held upright and flailing in surprise, its little legs kicking to find themselves freed so suddenly from the bonds that had been upon them.

She didn't utter so much as a whimper. In fact, she cooed with delight.

The Dark Lord now turned his chrome gaze to the jedi padawan, a little girl in whom he sensed enough latent power to make her useful to him and his designs. He then pinned the warbling ShaRhylla with a gaze even more intense, his head cocking to one side as his mind flashed the information revealed by his own eyes into sudden understanding. In but a few great strides he was before the little babe; bending down he picked her up and held her to him, the motion an apparent oxymoron to those unwise enough to witness it.

The only observer was little Thea, who only pressed herself harder against the floor.

One black-gloved and thorned hand now removed itself from its hold on ShaRhylla, and fingers snapped. The Dark Lord didn't have to turn around to know his second was there; he let a few seconds pass before he broke the silence with but a few well-chosen words.

"This one is a far greater gift than that imp perhaps realizes," he said in a deathly whisper. His words grated like nails against slate in the ears of the little Thea. "Thus it needs development beyond even the capabilities of my warship."

Abaddonis whirled to face Korr, who promptly fell to his knees, his head flung back in submission. The Dark Lord ignored this, and began pacing about the room, still holding the baby in his arms. At length he drew up before the little ball Thea was presenting of herself and came to a halt. His electric gaze raked her small form somewhat thoughtfully; once again his masquer cloak whirled like the wings of some dark angel as he turned back to his second.

"Prepare a deep-space pod, Korr." The words were even more of a command for the quiet threat inherent in their whispered vocalization. "Assign a protective squad Top Priority to it. Their task is to take these two back to our world, while we continue on in our reconnaissance."

He now held the kicking ShaRhylla out to his obedient second. "This one, I sense, is too important to risk even being aboard this ship. Once we finish with our scouting mission, we shall return home and place all our emphasis in the development of this infant. I feel the abilities within her will more than assure our command of this Galaxy; there will be no possiblity for the jedi to thwart us again."

Sensing a terminus in the words spoken by his Captain and his Master, Korr dared to bow his head in acknowledgment. Accepting the infant from Abaddonis, he rose quickly to his feet and approached Thea. His great clawed hand reached down and none-too gently took hold of her own; in one swift jerk he hauled her to her feet. Then giving Abaddonis another bow of his head, he backed out of the chambers, taking the human girl and halfling along with him.

Abaddonis merely closed his eyes and waited. The marvelous efficiency of his second revealed itself in the fact that this wait was not a long one. He grunted in satisfaction to feel his warship drop out of hyperdrive for a brief moment; a slight reactive motion in the opposite direction, one only his keen Force senses could pick up, told him of the successful dispatch of the pod. Bare seconds after that short hiatus, his ship slid smoothly back into hyperdrive once more, carrying them onward toward the Galaxy which had birthed the two now being taken further and further away from it.

[ 04-11-2002 03:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Abaddonis ]

--------------------

Posts: 20 | From: | Registered: Sep 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.195.197
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-16-2002 03:47 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Time is relative, and quite the subjective beast for each unique entity in existence. For some it flashes by with the rapidity of a thought, for others with the slogging footsteps of something just shy of eternity.

For the Chosen Daughter, it seemed to pause entirely, and hang in one endlessly painful reality that strangely enough continued to play itself over and over and over:

Claws. Laughter. Hatred. Revenge. Pain. A sensation of travelling immense distances, even though remaining incongruously in this one frozen spot. The innate vibratory responses to doors opening somewhere...

...and closing with the finality of death.

Slowly, the movement the most painful thing Graysith had ever managed to suffer in her life, her violet eyes opened. Blinked, striving to bring fuzzy forms into focus. Her eyes remained obstinate; she blinked again, this motion now sending clarifying tears to moisten the dry cornea, and the images sharpened just a bit.

She swallowed, her throat as dry as her eyes. About her, hazy shadows moved about in mystery, doing things, moving here and there as though she didn't even exist. As if she wasn't even there, and they were but ghosts flitting silently across the screen of her mind.

Or, as though her presence was beneath their interest entirely.

Clenching her jaws, she tightened her lids, willing her focus to return to normal, to tell her where she was even as her recalcitrant memory began rearing its head to inform her of the how....

Now her eyes slapped open in terror. Instinctively she tried to rise to her feet, to leap up in a fight or flight reaction, reaching out to grasp the All like she would grasp a lover, to take stock of her situation and rectify it....

And froze in utter shock.

Some of the commands given to achieve the above were instantly obeyed, and more: A great slicing pain sheared into her, originating in her side, sending great blasts like the white-hot touch of steel searing through her every cell, and she gasped, nearly overcome. Her body froze, but her vision cleared, and the shadowy images sharpened into a scene straight from hell.

About her, scarred and torn and tattooed... creatures, there was simply no other word for them in her vocabulary ...moved about in a militaristic precision and expediency of form. Her surroundings were totally, completely and utterly alien, and looked somehow... moist... somehow... ALIVE.

And Khaandon come forward now and give her strength; she could not reach out to touch the blessed comfort of the All.

Her hand flew up in sheer disbelief... only to find the Glyph on her forehead as still and cold as black ice.

She shuddered, not understanding, shrinking into herself as the sounds of booted footsteps now pressed into her awareness....

[ 08-16-2002 04:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.149.93.181
Abaddonis

Member # 133

posted 08-16-2002 10:50 PM     Profile for Abaddonis   Author's Homepage   Email Abaddonis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
His eyes raked her with an almost palpable touch, roving from the top of her head slowly down her body, stopping here and there along the way in silent speculation, moving to the very soles of her feet and then back up again. He stood over her like Death itself, very much aware of the image he was striking her with, one of indomitable strength, pure evil, and unstoppable will. Remaining absolutely still, thus assuring she not miss any inch of him as he likewise was soaking in every one of hers, he continued to assault her form with his eyes, and her mind with his own.

The only sound to break the hellish silence was a steady clicking as the fingers of one hand idly clicked its claws with the thumb, as if deciding just which claw he would choose to place where.

He let the electric blue of his pupils envelope her, boring into her soul, taking all of her into his own being, at last being able to view that which up until only moments ago he could not. A slow sneer curled across his sensuous lips as that realization struck home yet again.

There she lay. The Nexus. The One who by remaining opaque to his talents had triggered his anger from afar. The Daughter his ally had claimed was so powerful, as was he, she now lay at his feet like...

...like a mere mortal in fear of her life.

For a moment more he considered her; then, impossibly, his eyes darkened further and in one swooping motion he reached down and grasped her about her throat. His eyes moved from hers only long enough to take in the gaping wound on her side; while far from healed, he could sense that the poisons had been removed from her system.

He brought up her face inches from his own.

"So-ooo-ooo..." he purred silkily. "Here is the Chosen Daughter, laid before me as dowry before a King."

Now he burst into an evil laugh to see the combination of righteous anger and utter fear which warred in her violet eyes. Then he quieted, throwing her to the deck of his ship like unwanted garbage.

"I have no need for one as weak as you!" he snarled, taking a step forward to lean down a bit and actually spit upon her. He glanced quickly at the wound again before continuing with, "You live now, but not by my personal choice...

"Whelp."

Now he drew himself upright, his eyes still boring tunnels into her soul. She fought back, but finally yielded to that look he pressed her with, visibly shuddering and turning her head so her hair hid her face.

Abaddonis smiled cruelly, taking yet another step backward and snapping his fingers.

"Korr, see to the removal of this one!" he commanded in a tone that would not be denied.

His chrome eyes flared with pleasure as he watched the approach of his Second....

--------------------

Posts: 20 | From: | Registered: Sep 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.198.171
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-18-2002 02:26 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
She lay on the deck of the Vong ship, her entire body trembling with fear and pain and anguish. Then the final taunting cry of the heinous being standing above her pierced her ears, arrowing into her and sending the Beast within into paroxysms of blind rage. It slavered and roared, scrabbling with its razor claws and pewter eyes, seeking retribution, seeking clear pathway, seeking vengeance against those who now had the effrontery to assault the mind and soul and very being of the Chosen Daughter of the Sith. Beneath his raking claws the kernel lay quiescent, now not merely closed but bound in chains of something all greeny-gold and somehow quite difficult to look upon.

The Beast roared again, and Graysith turned her head away from Abaddonis so he would not see her anger. Well she knew he was sensing it though, for in a sudden outrage of his own he suddenly turned from her to command the approach of another.

Graysith pulled her inner vision outward, finally understanding why she could not reach the All... as well as all too clearly understanding who had done this to her. Logic flashed through her head as at the speed of thought she scrutinized the motes of information this dark being had dripped upon her... as well as the even more subtle ones gleaned from further inspection of herself.

"Here is the Chosen Daughter... ...you live now, but not by my personal choice..." ...and perplexingly enough, the poisons of the Demon had been cleansed from her so she would heal....

Dark Lord Roan had masterminded this, there could be no other. Yet for some reason he appeared to want her alive.

A horrifying conclusion blasted into existence, confirmed by the sudden frisson which rippled up and down her spine, as well as the momentarily silencing of the Beast.

If the Dark Lord still loved her, he would not have treated her in the manner in which he did. He quite easily could have taken her directly to him; his ego was monumental enough in that she was certain he would thus harbor the thought that he could sway her to his side once again.

Placing her here in the midst of this new threat only proved he wished her for... something else.

Now her jaw clenched as once again she fought down the new burst of righteous anger flaring from the suddenly snarling Beast within. One fist clenched, trembling with the effort to retain a modicum of calm, and her teeth gritted together with such intensity she nearly broke one.

Her hair flipped about her shoulders as she whirled her head about, attempting to rise to look this man directly in his ungodly eyes. The wound in her side flashed an incandescence through her that almost knocked her into blackness; suppressing a groan and now focusing with all her strength, she pressed those fires to the back of her mind and finally made it to her feet.

She stood defenseless before him... yet somehow not. Her violet eyes bored with borderline impertinence into his chrome ones.

"You cannot bring harm to me, and neither can He," she whispered, her voice satin-gloved steel. "For those he has taken me from shall not fall into this trap he has now laid."

She drew herself up further, her eyes now lighting with new assurety and something akin to the calmness of a Jedi Master. She knew she had struck a particular chord when she saw... something... recoiling in Abaddonis's eyes.

Her own eyes then flashed in a brilliant victory of her own. Then Sylvan Korr's iron-fisted grip fell upon her shoulder, and she was taken away to await being brought before her...

Dark Heart.

[ 08-18-2002 02:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.48
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-18-2002 05:41 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Graysith lay in the moist confines of the Vong prison, shivering a bit in reflexive fear.

But not at her surroundings, nor because of He who had placed her there.

More mysteries abound in the Universe than ever the philosopher dreamt of, and it was toward the greatest mystery of all she now sought to travel... even while she literally shook with terror of the unknown.

Mortal she might once more be, deprived of that wonder she had been given, and her mortality most certainly was misleading her captors into viewing her as helpless. On an instinctive level, however, she knew she truly was not.

For a moment she allowed her mind to flash back to all she had known and loved. Images arose before her inner eye, tumbling one after another in mute testimony of her life. A beautiful and always laughing mother taken from her at far too young an age... a gray-haired man, taking her out to introduce her to the wonders of the Universe... an impish and outspoken sister, with whom she used to wrestle and fight and always loved, never quit loving... a powerful Strength of turquoise eye and raven's-wing hair, wrapped in rich robes and utter confidence in himself...

...a new sister with eyes the color of a tropical sea... a bounding beast, always faithful, stalwart, never leaving her no matter the consequence... a tiny babe, no... two of them, cousins destined to greater accomplishments than anyone ever could truly know...

...a new and quiet being, eyes of fire, skin the color of blood, and soul the color of life itself....

She shivered yet again, yet somehow strengthening from these images. No harm would come to them on her account.

NO HARM.

There is in existence another mystery no sentient has ever come to fully understand: why a well-fed animal, taken from the wild, quietly lays down and dies. Why a healthy soul, deprived of the love of his or her life, suddenly comes to an end of life by no apparent cause. A mystery beyond the understanding of the Force... and one by which no force or command of any other is needed to reach out and grasp.

Hate is what fuels a great deal of life, that the Chosen Daughter understood all too well. But it was love that truly could give surcease from the allies of hate.

Nothing but love... of others, and of life itself.

"No harm shall come to those I love," she whispered quietly into the menacing dark. "He shall not make use of me again."

A single tear slipped down from her closing lid, trailing down the suddenly icy planes of her face as she bid her farewells to all she had known...

...and to herself.

Then she quietly lay back and proceeded to begin willing herself to die.

[ 08-18-2002 05:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.48
The All

Member # 144

posted 08-19-2002 08:42 PM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There can be no light without dark.

There can be no joining without separation.

There can be no good without evil.

All the elements making up all in creation, all come together in unity blazing in sunlit brilliance for their differences. For opposites cannot exists without their counterparts to bring measure, and thus cannot unite without being first perceived as being two.

In this manner is perfection of balance achieved in the unity of all. And balance is what maintains all that is, and slows the encroachment of entropy.

Here in this place, a balance is offered, another is sought... and both are in agreement.

One being now returns to its own... and another into a new reality, one having existed in balance throughout the entirety of the reason its opposing balance has been maintained.

--------------------

I am beyond the Light and the Dark... joining them in unity I make them a greater sum than their parts. I am the warp and woof of existence, the commander of time and the very fabric of all that is...

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e