my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Intermission....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Intermission....
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-25-2001 02:23 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I awoke gradually, in pieces, a dim part of my mind wondering what it was that was slowly but with steady determination nudging me to wakefulness. No sooner had this vague thought crystallized than its answer impacted me like a runaway ronto.

Wave after wave of inexplicable terror was washing over me.

I shivered, literally feeling my body temperature drop as this unknown fear filled me with a cold greater than Hoth in high winter. With a little moan, I reached out blindly for Sorben, seeking his warmth and laughing assurance that this was but a bad dream we would laugh over together, that all was well.

My groping fingers only grasped the razor-edged sampas-grass that grew like a weed all over this planet.

That awareness caused my eyes to jerk open, startled. Simultaneously, a deep and vicious rumble came to my ears, followed by a high and musical laugh. My body temperature seemed to drop another ten degrees: I knew that laugh all too well.

Dear Kaandon, no! I thought in desperation. It cannot be. Not again. Not here, not now....

My hand unconsciously placed itself upon my belly, as though to protect the growing life I harbored within. Before me, a creature straight from Hell filled my vision. I had heard of these great beasts but had never before actually seen one. A little logical part of my brain raised its hand and waved for attention, trying to point out the fact that this tuk'ata's claws and fangs were much longer than I had heard they were supposed to be. And much sharper, too. The unadulterated purposeful evil of his form was outlined by a flat ebony background. That logical part raised its hand again, trying to bring my attention to the ship which squatted behind him in the grass.

I ignored it all, focusing all my attention on a soft intake of breath I heard behind me. I was almost afraid to turn around....

It was her, Jharmeen. Or rather, Graysith, as she now called herself. But carbonite by any other name would still freeze one solid; no matter what she now called herself, she was still my sister.

And she was still determined to kill me.

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FF0000]"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."[/monger]

[Edited 3 times, lastly by Galen on March 15, 2001]

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.37
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-24-2001 10:34 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I quickly sat up, my mind working furiously. My hand was shaking as I reached it out in her direction; with great effort, I stilled it.

"Jharmeen," I began, my voice cracking slightly. "Please..."

"You will not address me as that!" Her voice came as an adder's hiss, silkily sibilant and as deadly. Then she smiled, and my body temperature dropped another degree or two as I realized her eyes were riveted on my stomach. My outstretched hand joined the one on my belly, doubling that earnest albeit useless protection.

A sigh I at first thought was the wind came to my ears. I focused with some effort; I could scarcely hear what she was saying above the growing rumbles of the tuk'ata. My grip upon my belly tightened when I finally deciphered what she was repeating over and over.

"There can be only one, only One... not yours, not yours. Mine shall succeed; mine shall persevere. There shall be only the One...."

The near-mantra came to an abrupt halt, and my sister directed a falsely sweet smile on me. I shivered again, shrinking into a little ball, my eyes darting about seeking any possible avenue of escape.

None immediately presented themselves. Harkening back to another time and place, I tried a repetition of an earlier, successful tactic. "Sister," I began. "Listen to me, please...."

"NO!" The word spat out stronger than a Jedi's lightsaber beam, and as inescapable. "You will not free yourself from me in thus a manner again! I did not bring you here for small talk, woman! There is nothing you can say that is of any interest to me."

My responding protest was cut short by her next tacit statement.

"Now, you will die." The sweet smile which crossed her features was a terrible mockery of those words.

------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-24-2001 10:45 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I shuddered, refusing to contemplate those terrible words, refusing to yield to the terror that was growing to monumental proportions within me. My own eyes darted about, seeking an avenue of escape.

In front of me, Jharmeen stood, implacable. With determined slowness she raised her hand in a gesture aimed at the great tuk'ata. I whirled about, just in time to note his mounting attack upon my person. The beast actually seemed to smile as though savoring the taste of my flesh between his teeth....

Well, not today! The thought arrowed into being with the simultaneous realization that there was one small thing I could do. It wasn't much, but it was my only hope.

My eyes glued themselves to the pupilless ones of the tuk'ata, judging his attack. It came, with Star Destroyer force.

One... two.... I counted silently to myself as the animal sprung. Then, at just the impossibly right moment, I sprang toward him, leaping into the air and then rolling into a little ball as my body struck the ground.

Hey, it worked! The near-hysterical thought pushed to the fore as I tumbled directly beneath the leaping beast. I had a jumbled impression of sleek power and certain Death passing inches above me; then other impressions pressed upon me in a strobe-like series of images as I kept rolling.

A gigantic claw... a bestial stench... the horizon tilting at an impossible angle... a slim and cloaked figure standing in quiet shock... a sweep of a passing paw... a gout of blood and a figure hunched... pale hands clenching a midsection from which something moist and hideous trailed... the beast somersaulting... pupilless eyes filled with fury... the figure crumpling as the beast leaps yet again....

I rolled into a standing position, every fiber in my being poised in that nanosecond, ready to run. Behind me, the pounding of heavy footsteps heralded yet again approaching death. Before me, a yawning hatch beckoned....

------------------

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Galen on February 25, 2001]

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-24-2001 11:02 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I didn't have time to think about it. My body, operating on auto-pilot, leapt forward, my feet carrying me almost of their own accord into the welcoming protection of the little CloakShape fighter. With an instinctive action equally as accurate, my hand found and struck the lock-down stud as I tumbled into the ship. The hatch slammed closed moments before the ship was rocked by the blow of a massive body impacting it. The violent blow was quickly followed by another, and then yet another.

Panting in an adrenalin high, I located the screen controls, slapped it into life. I now had a view outside the ship. I gulped, watching those awful ten-inch claws leave great gouging rents in the hatch of this ship. Behind the furiously attacking tuk'ata, a silent form lay quiet on the ground.

The ship rocked again. I knew I couldn't stay here much longer; as strong as this fighter was, it was literally in danger of being tipped over. If that happened, Kaandon alone knew where events would leave me.

A small movement from the huddled form prodded me into action. My hands reached out, and the fighter flared into life. In but moments I was airborne, guiding the ship away from a tumbling tuk'ata, away from my sister who somehow was finding the strength to lift herself up. I had an impression of her eyes riveting directly into my own as her head turned to watch her ship flee the area. Then she collapsed and remained still.

But that was not all. Before I turned off the screen, I watched as a thick and oily darkness pulled itself out of Elsewhere, blanketing my sister and her hellhound in a roiling fog. For a long moment their forms were mere blackened lumps as the darkness deepened about them. Then the lumps flattened, and the fog dissipated.

Behind it lay only sampas-grass, and a small red something that lay upon it like some sort of grim trophy. My hand went to my belly as I realized what it was.

Then I turned to the task at hand. I needed to return to the port, to dock, to then hurry back to Sorben as quickly as I could...

...I stopped suddenly, a new realization washing painfully over me. I blinked through the sudden tears that sprang into my eyes.

I could never return to him. I simply could not place him in the jeopardy which I now knew would be following me as long as I bore this child, and far thereafter. That this child was someone special in the Force was evident to me. That it would be a threat to the Dark was equally apparent.

And that every Dark being in the Galaxy would at some time or another be on my trail, whether to destroy or commandeer me and my unborn was a surety as real as the fact as there was treasure on Roon.

Tears squeezed from my eyes as I shut them, visualizing Sorben's dear face. That perfect jawline, that nearly shaved head, the scar I had never found out how he had gotten, those wonderful baby blues....

My hand reached out as though to stroke his face for a final time. Then it descended upon the control panel, played with the studs and pads which flickered there.

The fighter leapt upward and outward, seeking altitude, leaving behind me the planet and my love and all hope for future happiness. Ahead of me, my future loomed as dark and mysterious as the space into which I fled.

Alone.

------------------

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Galen on February 25, 2001]

Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 03-14-2001 03:31 PM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Gouyen stood at the massive transparasteel window, watching the chill gray fall of rain outside. Her mind wandered freely, feeling the energies of this place -- the controlled hubbub of the kitchen, the studied silence of students meditating, and....

A com-unit blinked an urgent red. She hit the "recieve" button.

"Lady Chee, we have just recieved a transmission from the Darkseed. Your presence in the communications room is urgently requested."

"Momently," was her terse reply as she cut the transmission and headed for the communications room with ground-eating strides. In seconds she was beside the young communications tech. "What is it?"

"Lady Chee," the tech stammered a bit nervously, more than a little overawed by her presence, "It was an automatic transmission from the Cloakshape Darkseed. It seems there has been a change of occupants." Gouyen squinted a little as the transmission played through. A young woman, bearing a certain resemblence to Graysith had just scrambled aboard and banged the hatch button shut. She held the image for a moment, and let the transmission continue. The image jarred periodically as something bashed against the ship in an attempt to break in. The young woman, apparently having gained her composure, quickly turned to the controls and prepared for take-off. As the ship left the grass-covered field, rear sensors picked up on two life forms, who were quickly enveloped in an oily darkness.

"Graysith," she breathed, then keyed in the hanger. "Chochwa," she ordered, "prepare the Mantis for immidiate departure."

"Yes, Madam," she replied, somewhat accustomed to Lady Chee's spur of the moment expeditions. "The ship will be ready within the hour."

Gouyen could almost hear her expiditer's smug smile over the com, which in turn drew a small smile from her. The smile quickly faded as she turned back to the comtech. "Send a copy of this to the Mantis and maintain a lock on the Darkseed's position." She rose and sent a silent communique of her own while the comtech managed an awkward salute. She nodded, stifling a smile at the tech's nervous formality, then turned to go. Three strides down the hall and she ran into Tyla Naas.

"Why so hurried?" he asked as he narrowly avoided running into her.

"Graysith -- I think something bad has happened to her. Her sister, Galen, is at the helm of the Darkseed now."

Tyla stopped and held Gouyen by the shoulders. Their eyes locked as their minds met and reached out in the Force. They soon were met by a powerful and vaguely familiar presence. Graysith is safe with me, it reassured them, then the connection snapped. His hands fell from her shoulders as she rubbed her eyes. "It's Aelvedaar -- the ancient Sith sorcerer who trained her and who guides her still. She will gain strength and healing by his hands. As for her sister...." and she continued down the hallway to the hangers. Tyla stared after her, then turned back to his own study. Let her go on her ship, he thought. I will contact them in my own way. He slipped into his study and locked the door.

Gouyen was met at the Mantis by her usual crew: Saleen, her student, companion and stabilizer; Xanx, one of the Force-sensitive Saurapian race; and Robi her faithful Cybernian wolf-dog companion. She met their curious gazes levelly. "I know what you're all thinking, and I can tell you that this mission has to do with Graysith." No more was needed to be said as her words filled her crew with her urgency. A few minutes more saw the Mantis leaping into space, hot on the heels of Graysith's wayward sister.

------------------
Never underestimate the power of the dark side....
*Gouyen*

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Gouyen Chee on April 05, 2001]

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.178.128.208
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 04-03-2001 07:18 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hyperspace is a funny place. Nothing exists in it but the gut-wrenching white blur of starstreaks, and the equally gut-wrenching feeling that Time here has no beginning, no ending. Indeed, it seems almost as though there is no Time at all, just an eternally agonizing moment, the NOW, the spot between seconds where nightmares lurk...

I sat up with a jerk, simultaneously alert and clouded. Frowning a bit to myself, I looked --albeit briefly-- out the viewport, as though some answer to a yet unformed question would present itself there.

Nothing, only that godawful white NOTHINGNESS...

A sigh involuntarily escaped me, and unconsciously I placed a hand on my belly. Slumping back in the navigation seat of the little CloakShape Fighter, I plopped my chin in my fist and considered my situation.

I hadn't a clue where to do. What to do. It seemed as though all meaning had been yanked out from under me with my flight from Sorben; all I knew was that I had to get away, far away... somewhere safe...

Why in Hell's Seven Circles was I not feeling safe now? I was in hyperspace; no one could trace me here, could they?

This question brought forth more niggling uncertainties about my sister. I still couldn't believe who she had turned into, but I had to accept the fact that she was not my sister any longer. Moreover, she was a self-proclaimed Sith, and one growing more powerful every day. There was no way I could get to her, to turn her back. That I knew with the certainty that there is Treasure on Roon.

I sighed. Back to Square One. Nowhere to go now that Dad was dead, and to all purposes, so was Jharmeen. And Sorben... dead to me, though he yet lived.

And I?

I sighed once more, holding back the tears that threatened to burst through. Who was I but a lonely wanderer now, fleeing my sister, seeking haven...

Kaandon I wished I had someone to help me!

I was so deep in these miserable ponderings that I almost overlooked the proximity alert sigil on the navboard. It was blinking steadily. In fact, somehow it registered that it had been blinking for quite some time.

This ship could register another in hyperspace? Wha--?

I sat up, my frown of misery transforming into one of consternation. It could just be a coincidence, but sheesh, Space is awfully big... and hyperspace is infinite in a multitude of dimensions.

Someone was out there, and it looked like I might be having some company....

------------------

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Galen on April 03, 2001]

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 63.253.218.228
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 04-03-2001 07:32 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I look down upon this one, this woman, the One I have Chosen across the eons, the One who has remained steadfast toward me, my history, my being, and my designs...

...and feel an anger so deep, so soul-encompassing that it is all I can do to restrain the powers waiting for me to command.

The animal, her tuk'ata, this M'wonBo'o howls without... he is beside himself with grief, knowing he has harmed his Mistress... I first wished to rend his lungs out through his throat, but realized that he has meaning to my Chosen One, who has meaning to me. And so by the grace of all the Old Ones I deign him to live...

My hand rests on Her head, sending her strength. The other on her belly; I frown at the emptiness I sense within. Perhaps she will heal to bear another child, but perhaps not. That my child was thus destroyed by a mere mortal human gives fuel to my anger... that one shall indeed pay for her sins to my Daughter, my love...

Ah-hh-hh... the healing is taking effect. She stirs beneath my touch, I feel the strength growing within her. I cock my fearsomely horned head to one side, and contemplate her as she lays there, a smile growing on my countenance. It broadens as I see her violet eyes flutter open, and recognition register therein.

Sudden clouds gather behind them; I frown in response. A quick move, like a sandcat, and she is sitting up, a hand stretched forth, her tuk'ata yowling like a wounded ronto in the background.

I frown to hear the words which erupt from her lips:

"NO! HE, TOO!! NO, NO, NO! ATMA IS DEAD!"

------------------
I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 63.253.218.228
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 04-04-2001 11:57 PM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Mantis gently touched down on the unnamed world, her repulsors setting the sampas grass into rippling rings of motion. A pause, to let the outgassing disperse, and the hatch lowered, revealing the two beast adepts. Xanx darted out first, relieved to find a release for his pent energies, while Robi followed more slowly, sniffing as she went. Xanx sprinted out in a wide circle, looping back to a flattened area in the grass, where he stopped and sniffed intently. His head jerked up, feathers ruffled and eyes dialated in alarm. "Clan, COME, " he shreiked. "Graysith here was!"

That put everyone in motion. Robi came at a dead run, and Gouyen and Saleen followed with Force-aided speed. Xanx, his feathers still ruffled, indicated a small, brown, lifeless body. "It Graysith's is," he trilled worriedly. "Her scent strong here is."

Robi set her nose to the ground and confirmed the Saurapian's conclusion. She quartered the ground, sniffing intently, her Force-enhanced senses allowing her to piece together what had happened here. Finally, she spoke, her voice a mournful yodel. "Graysith and her sister Galen were here. There was a confrontation -- M'wonBo'o sprang...." She took a deep breath and continued. "He missed -- gutted Graysith -- stripped the new life from her...." She stopped, panting deeply.

"And Galen took the Darkseed, shooting off to gods-know-where," finished Gouyen, stooping down to caress the thick fur of the Cybernian. "You have done well, both of you," she said to the beast-adepts as she straightened up. A grim expression was on her face as she turned back to the ship. "Now we must find the Darkseed and capture its rogue pilot. She will pay for this." The group silently headed back to the Mantis, determined to find the wayward ship.

====================

Mani's computer banks had soon determined the course Galen had taken, and the ship was off in hot pursuit. Boy, will Galen be surprised when we get a hold of her, she thought grimly. Assazi technology had figured out how to track a ship through hyperspace, a feat unmatched by anyone else. And it was this technology that allowed her to pinpoint the CloakShape fighter.

Proximity lights flashed, rousing Gouyen out of her reverie. "I have a small ship, matching the details of the Darkseed," came Mani's faintly metallic alto.

Gouyen nodded. "Good. Override the controls for a forced drop from hyperspace," she ordered, then sat back to wait. The ship shuddered as she lurched out of hyperspace, and into the proximity of another, smaller ship. "Activate the tractor beam and prepare to load the ship in the cargo hold."

"Aye, madam," the metallic voice confirmed. Gouyen watched the monitor as the tractor beam locked on to its target and slowly reeled it in. The Mantis' cargo bay gaped wide as the little fighter was drawn in to it, and then slowly closed.

"Gotcha," Gouyen remarked with a smirk as the cargo bay doors snicked shut. "Mani, put our guest's ship on minimum life support. I think a little time with insufficient oxygen should make our guest welcome being released."

An hour later, the crew went below deck to investigate their prize. Gouyen released the hatch, and fresh air whooshed in. Inside, Galen lay unconscious at the controls. Gouyen laid a hand upon her, sending restoring energy to her supine body. "She lives," she remarked, "as does the one within her." Eyelids fluttered as Galen drew deep, gasping breaths, then started at the touch on her shoulder.

"What in Hell's Seven Circles --" she burst out, only to be calmed by Gouyen's Force-ful touch.

"I do the talking here, you understand?" Gouyen said, her black-in-black eyes glaring at Galen's big brown ones. "Now you will tell me just what happened between you and your sister," and she put an odd accent on that word, "Graysith. Every detail." Then Gouyen reached into Galen's mind with all the care of a ravening rancor and read every detail of what had happened. Her hand shoved Galen roughly back into her seat. "We will be needing this one," she said. "Take her aboveboard and put her into a Force cage. She has latent Force talent and we must be wary." Turning sharply on her heel, she left Galen to the ministrations of her apprentices, and returned to her cabin, where she secluded herself.

She went to her desk and drew the holocron from its hiding place. Settling down on her bunk, she drew the tetrahedral crystal to her and began to meditate. A familiar figure formed at the apex of the holocron, the figure of Tyla Naas. "You sent for me, my sweet?" he asked, a sly grin on his face.

"I have Galen, the sister in parentage only, to Graysith. How fares my Sithster?"

Tyla's grin changed into a knowing smirk. "Not to worry -- Aelvedaar has her secreted safely away. She is mending, and growing in strength." His experssion grew serious. "The loss of her child has dealt us a cruel blow."

"But there is another," she replied. "Galen carries the spawn of the bounty hunter Sorben Tarnus within her -- one that will be strong in the Force."

A slow smile spread across the sorcerer's face. "Exellent. When will you be returning?"

"We're on our way as we speak," she said. "Then I shall go to find my Sithster."

"Very well then," and the image flickered into nothingness.

Gouyen rose and returned the holocron to its hiding place. "Set course for Selnath," she commanded, and went to check on her prisoner. The last cabin had been made into a makeshift prison cell, complete with a Force cage. Inside, Galen sat on the bunk, her head hanging down in her hands, sobbing softly. A tray with an energy bar and a flask of water sat untouched on the table next to her.

"She's been crying ever since she was put in there," said Saleen. "She's not in the best of spirits," she added in steep understatement.

Gouyen's expression softened just a trifle. "Tell her that her sister lives and heals," she said, watching the slumping figure. "We must support her mentally just enough so that the child she bears can be born. Then --" and a cutting motion with her hand made clear Galen's subsequent fate.

Saleen nodded. "Yes madam."

"Prepare for hyperspace," Gouyen announced. "We'll be home in 10 hours."

------------------
Never underestimate the power of the dark side....
*Gouyen*

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Gouyen Chee on April 05, 2001]

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.178.129.91
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 04-05-2001 11:47 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
OOC: Anything that has happened with this character before (other than the meeting of Graysith and things like that) never happened, as I cannot remember them

============================

Admiral Actar stood at the helm of his Super Star Destroyer heading for the planet Selnath, along with his Imperial Fleet, one of the most dngerous in the galaxy. His orders were, "Capture the Planet for Imperial Rule", that was it.

He had recently discovered that his powers were not only that of the Sith, but the Jedi too, making him an Uber Jedi, the most powerful of all Force Users. The reason the Empire had sent him to Selnath was because it's full of Natural Force users, and with this planet, and the people of it, the Empire could become greater than ever. One thing stood in his way, the ruler of the planet, Gouyen Chee, a very powerful Sith. He wasn't sure what exactly he would do, but based on past experiences, he would go with the flow, do what he had to do when the time came.

2 hours later ----- The Imperial Fleet has just arrived at the planet Selnath.

"Prepare my shuttle, General, the people of this planet should know what's in store for them.", the general nods and leaves. Actar continues, quietly, under his breath, "I can feel it from here, this place is absolutely amazing". The energy he got from this planet was indeed amazing.

When they arrived on the surface they were greeted by a Lieutenant, who, for ovious reasons, wanted to know what the hell was going on. Admiral Actar spoke quietly, "Your planet is now a part of the Empire. Any attack on me or my fleet will result in us firing upon you, and I assure you Lieutenant, that is something you don't want to happen."

The Lieutenant, thinking what he was going to say would scare Actar replied, "You incompetent fool, Lady Chee will destroy your fleet in a matter of seconds!" The Admiral circled the Lieutenant slowly, and began to speak, "We'll see about that Lieutenant, but for now, know that if you order your troops to fire on us, you and your planet will be completely destroyed." With that, Admiral Actar boarded his shuttle and returned to the bridge of his Super Star Destroyer.

"General, set up a blockade, no ship may pass in or out of it untill we have this, "Lady Chee".

3 Hours later

"Admiral!! A ship! A ship just dropped out of lightspeed, what shall we do?" The General said after seeing nothing for hours.

"Force the power to fail, then pull it in. Be aware the people on this ship are incredibly powerful. Do nothing but surround the ship untill I arrive." Actar Said

"Yes, Admiral" The General left to retrieve the stormtroopers and ready them for what may happen.

Not a second after the ship was inside the SSD, the doors opened and out came Xanx, Saleen, Gouyen Chee and Robidougge. To stop any possible fighting Admiral Actar waved his hand sending a surge through the air knocking all 4 to the ground and unconcious, a blow that would kill any normal human. "Put them in Force Cages now!" Yelled the Admiral, "Search the ship, arrest anyone else inside" 10 Stormtroopers and the General stormed inside the ship, to shortly return and have foudn no one else, except a prisoner.

"Admiral, they have a prisoner inside a Force Cage, what shall we do?" The General asked.

"I'll take care of it, you finish securing the ship." The only sound inside the ship after that was the footsteps of the Admiral. Loud, and very intimidating. He entered the room the prisoner was being held and said, "Who are you?"
------------------------------------------------
Sorry if I suck at this

------------------
Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.134.93.84
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 04-10-2001 10:39 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post

*GLOOM*

From somewhere far away, it seemed, a voice came to my ears. At first I scarcely heard or paid heed to it. My mind felt unclean, unworthy of dealing with anything at all after it had been practically raped by that black-eyed hellcat.

But there was something about it that commanded my attention. Gradually, unwillingly, but finally with something of my old spark I raised my face from my hands. I refused to wipe the tear-tracks from my cheeks, refused to so much as sniff to let this stranger know the complete and utter despair I was feeling at the moment. I studied him briefly.

Tall, long dark hair, a strong if pale face, eyes a weird mix of green and brown, he was dressed all in black like some kind of Grim Reaper. I suppose his garb was meant to be intimidating, frightening. Overwhelming even.

Well, if that was the image he meant to portray, he successfully achieved his goal. Weirdly enough, that realization gave me a little bit of inner strength. I hadn't a clue if he was the hellcat's lover or brother, enemy or friend. I didn't know where he came from, or why he was interested in who I was.

But I did know one thing. He didn't need to know anything about me at the moment.

I crossed my arms, gave my head a flippant little toss, and brought my eyes up to stare unflinchingly into his multi-hued ones. I wasn't gonna say nothing....

------------------

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.188
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 04-11-2001 12:35 AM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Actar stood perfectly still, his hands at his side, his eyes glaring at this prisoner's face. He spoke again, "I am Admiral Actar of the Empire and New Republic, the planet of Selnath now belongs to the Empire, as does this ship, it's crew, and it's prisoner's. If you are being held for a reason that I consider to be......unjust, than I will release you, but until then you are my prisoner and you will do as I say. Now answer me, who are you, and why are you being held here?"

------------------
Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.143.53.238
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 04-11-2001 07:19 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Empire?!?

My grip on my arms tightened involuntarily upon hearing this. This guy was from the Empire? I squeezed myself even tighter inside my still-active prison, considering this. I really had had quite enough of Imperials in the last few months, and in those months had found myself viewing them in an almost casual manner. This guy, though... there was something about this guy that gave me the willies.

And Selnath? Was that where we were? I had heard of this race in all my gadding about the Galaxy, heard how everyone within the populace there was a natural Force user. Rumors expanded any other knowledge I might have of them almost into the realm of fantasy... if this guy had Selnath in the grip of his black-gloved hand, then I think I had just leapt from the frying pan into the fire.

A vision of a big fish who had swallowed a tinier fish, being engulfed in turn by an even larger fish suddenly struck me. I felt very much like the tiny little worm on the hook in that scenario, and I shivered again.

But, maybe... if one can't directly fight a krayt dragon, one at least companions oneself with a rancor for self defense. I cocked my head a little to the side again, and forced my outward appearance to remain calm.

OK, so maybe I ought not to lie to this guy. The condensed version of my recent history would suffice. I forced all the bravado I could muster into my voice.

"My name is Galen Jhin'Dar. I have been out hunting for my sister, Jharmeen. I don't know why..." Ok, really, I truly didn't know why; I had my suspicions, but... "... this ship snagged me, but I was taken prisoner.

"I don't know where I was being taken, either." Then, not knowing exactly what else to say, I closed my mouth and waited to hear his reply.

------------------

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.194
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 04-11-2001 09:23 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Admiral studied the young woman before him, who remained somehow defiant though in the worst of circumstances. There was something about her that he liked, that he thought he could maybe use...

With a flick of his mind, the uberjedi located the controls to the Force cage and released the lock. The invisible lines of power disappeared without a sound, and Galen found herself freed. She turned her big brown eyes up to his greeny-brown ones, questioning, only to see his widen in surprise.

This one was carrying young... and young destined to be powerful in the force. This would be useful to the Empire, more useful than this planet lost upon the far edge of the Galaxy.

He sensed imminent danger. With a sudden movement, he grabbed her by the arm. "Come with me, " he said briefly, then dragged the surprised Galen along with him. They exited the Mantis, and entered into the cargo hold of his SSD.

He moved quickly, shouting orders as he did. "Sweep the ship for tracking devices, and eliminate them!" he barked. "Release the captured ship, but leave the crew prisoned in their force cages. Then set course to our homeworld, on the double, NOW!!"

In but moments, the deed was done. The Mantis was suddenly alone in an empty orbit above Selnath. There was no indication that a mighty fleet had ever been there. The ships, newly cleansed of automatically placed trackers, leapt into hyperspace... and was gone.

------------------
Anakin

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Admiral Actar on April 11, 2001]

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.145.150.2
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 04-11-2001 09:42 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I sat quietly on the bunk in the small and spare room where I had been thrust without ceremony. Without stood a squad of Stormtroopers, guarding me I knew. One or two I knew I could take on... I've done it in the past, after all. But an entire squad?

This guy in black with the weird eyes was no fool. I knew he knew about the baby. That had to be it. I also knew I couldn't trust him as far as I could spit... which wasn't far, my mouth was so dry with trepidation.

I heaved a little sigh, trying to figure out what to do. Even if I could somehow get out of this little room (unmistakably my prison, let's face it ol' girl...) where the heck could I go? An SSD was a pretty big critter, with plenty of places to hide... maybe I could make myself scarce somehow, but then how could I get off? Where could I go?

I considered my options, finally settling on building my strength. There was a time and a place for everything; now was the time to rest. Then maybe I could formulate a battle plan. At least I was away from that raven-eyed witch and her bizarre companions; I knew I hadn't had a ghost of a chance to escape from her.

But here... I lay back, and closed my eyes. Determination filled me with bouyant hope. One way or another, I was gonna get out of here. One way or another, I was gonna make myself invisible. And one way or another I was gonna keep my baby safe...

This thought was the last thing I remembered, as I let soothing darkness overwhelm me and lead me into slumber. Out of the frying pan indeed... but not necessarily into the fire....

------------------

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Galen on April 11, 2001]

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.194
Tyla Naas

Member # 0

posted 04-12-2001 08:21 PM     Profile for Tyla Naas   Email Tyla Naas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Tyla Naas was fuming. "The impertinence of these rotted Imperials -- think they own the whole damn universe." He played back the encounter with Lieutenant Nevers and grew even more angry. HIs black eyes smoldered with barely supressed anger at the arrogance of this self-styled "Admiral." "He will pay for this -- dearly," he muttered under his breath as he turned in a swirl of black and went to his meditation chamber. Taking a Force-tuned crystal, he reclined in his chair and brought his anger to focus. The crystal glowed a deep red as he sent a feeler of Force energy up to the flagship. He knew Gouyen was up there, somewhere, along with the rest of the crew of the Mantis. He searched the ship with a delicate touch, his love for Gouyen keeping his anger in check. And it was in the deepest bowels of the ship, that he found them -- or, more precisely, found a void in the Force created by Force-cages. Focusing his energy on the guards, he instilled panic in them, then singled out the leader. Into his head came the idea that the prisoners should be released or something bad would happen to him. This he did and it was a credit to the panic that he had created that the release went unnoticed. To cover their escape, he spread the panic to the rest of the crew, including the self-styled Admiral.

Once Gouyen was open to his mind-touch, he instructed her to go immediately to the Mantis and prepare for take-off. It was as well that he did, for the great warship disgorged the tiny scout ship like a sand-cat coughing up a hairball. Scarcely a heartbeat later, the Star Destroyer was gone, blinking out into hyperspace, and leaving the Mantis in an oddly derelict orbit. Tyla's rage grew into a white-hot fury with no place to expend itself. The nerve of this man, he though, and plotted his revenge. But there was a far more pressing matter -- was Gouyen and her crew safely aboard the Mantis? A delicate flicker of a mind-touch -- she was there alright, along with her apprentices, but they lay in a Force-trance to conceal them from their captors. Tyla decided to let technology take over, and called up Selnath's main tower.

"Captain," he ordered, the last traces of anger dying in his voice, "make contact with the Mantis and guide it in on instruments. Have a medical party ready to meet me in the landing bay immediately."

"Aye, your Lordship," was the crisp, professional response. "The Mantis will be in bay 12, with a med crew attending."

"Very good." Tyla shook himself out of the last vestiges of his Force-trance, and strode briskly to bay 12, where he met an old friend.

"Zalth!" he exclaimed, "What are you doing here?"

"I that Wise One here was heard, and to offer my service here came," she replied in oddly accented Basic. "I you healer need heard, so I here am."

Tyla was touched by the old Saurapain's devotion as she respectfully bowed to him. Zalth was probably the oldest Saurapian on the planet, and the strongest in the Force, which the Saurapians call "Power." The Saurapians were natural Force users, using it to help them hunt, communicate between clans and to heal. Zalth's powers as a healer were legendary, and Tyla was genuinely pleased to have her here. "Matriarch," he replied, using her honor-title, "I would be most pleased to have you in attendence with me." Pulling his robes around him, he continued to the landing bay, where he met the med crew sent out by the captain. Effective, as all the personel here, he mused, then turned his attention to the ship.

Leading the med crew and Zalth, he entered the quiescent ship. Glancing in the cockpit he noticed the standby lights were blinking. One of the techs, more familiar with the workings of the ship than he was, stepped up to the controls. Nimble fingers woke the ship and Mani's droid voice came through the speakers.

"What's been going on here?" it complained. "Got sucked up by that monster of a warship and promptly shut down systems. I was borded and everyone aboard was taken prisoner. Then I got spit out like a bad seed and left to rot in orbit til I was forced down here. Who are you? Where am I?"

Tyla's mustache curled in amusement at the droid's too-human complaints. He was about to speak, but was beaten by the tech.

"This is Chochwa speaking, Lady Gouyen's expiditer. You're back home on Selnath."

"Ah, gods be praised," replied the faintly metallic female voice. "But where is Lady Gouyen?"

"I was about to ask you that," he replied. "Are you getiting any lifeform readings?"

"One moment," the droid replied. "Faint -- oh so faint -- in the cargo bay. Is it her?"

"Let's go and find out," said Tyla as he turned away from the cockpit and headed below decks, the rest of the med crew following.

The lights in the cargo bay burned brightly as Zalth bent over the unconscious form of Gouyen Chee. "She lives," she chirped, "but in deep Force trance is." She ran a callused fingertip over her face and straightened up. "She well be will."

"What about the others?" Tyla asked.

"They too in Force trance are, and well also be will. Healing, this trance is. Them in it leave."

The chief med tech nodded and sent for stretchers. The two humans, the Cybernian and the Saurapian were taken the infirmery for observation, while Chochwa worked his magic with the ship.

------------------
I shall stomp upon all those who oppose me.
The stomping shall be swift.
The stomping shall be painfull.
And I shall show no mercy in all of my stomping.

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 209.179.198.8
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 04-13-2001 02:39 AM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Actar walked to where his prisoner was being held, he thought about what he should do, and what he may have gotten himself into. Perhaps sending Imperial Dplomats to Selnath would have been a better idea, but then he wouldn't have found this woman, and her child.

He thought about what he was going to say to her, whether or not to help her, or to care why she was being held on the Mantis. Perhaps he would play nice, until she delivered the baby, then when she didn't expect it, snag the child and leave her to whatever fate had planned out.

He walked down the hall to the door being guarded by a squad of Stormtroopers, "Leave us." He said in a voice that would scare the bravest of humans. He stepped into the room to see the woman, and feel the force within her, sleeping. He stood there and stared at her, an attempt to reach into her mind and find out what he wanted to know.....too late, she was awake, it wouldn't be.....polite to stare, at least at someone who is awake.

"Galen Jhin'Dar...." he paused to think for a second, "tell me, why were you hunting for your sister?"

------------------
Anakin

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Admiral Actar on April 13, 2001]

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.146.140.221
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 04-13-2001 05:55 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I sat up quickly on the hard bunk provided me, making a furtive swipe at my eyes to remove the last remnants of sleep from them. I don't know what alerted me to the fact that this guy was here looking at me; those weird hunches I tend to get seemed to be getting stronger and stronger as time went on. Now they were interrupting my slumber.

Another hunch was niggling that he might not be the most trustworthy individual I have ever met, that he was just waiting to...

I snipped that thought off before it could fully form, and contemplated him in silence for a long moment. Something told me that he could invade my mind as easily as that obsidian-eyed vixen who had had me in her claws; perhaps it would be in my best interests to keep my thoughts to myself.

Again, the wisest answer here would be the most succinct one. I cleared my throat a little, and stood up. Might just as well not let him know how nervous I was becoming in his presence; after all, the best defense is a strong offense, even if a tiny one was the most I could muster at the moment.

I pierced his eyes with mine, letting just a hint of respect for his rank seep out in the words I spoke to him.

"I don't know why it should interest you, but I'm hunting her down for what she did to our father.

"She killed him."

There, that was all that needed to be said. I crossed my arms again, lifted my chin, and waited. Kaandon, I hoped this guy had an ounce of justice within him....

------------------

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Galen on April 13, 2001]

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.200.59
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 05-03-2001 07:11 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Go on" He stared into her eyes. She didn't move, she stayed quiet. By now, he was really starting to get angry. A woman, his prisoner, how dare she defy him.

His comlink came on. The General needed him on the Bridge. He said before turning to leave, "We'll finish this later. Just remember, you are my prisoner. And if you know whats good for you, you'll do as you're told."

He turned and started walking out the door.

------------------
- Anakin
Head Administrator - Bow to me!

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.145.201.132
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 05-03-2001 08:35 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It's a good thing this supercilious so-and-so had his back turned to me. That way he didn't see the look of complete and utter incredulity that I simply could not keep off my face.

Here he had come, into this room, after this unexpected "rescue" he had committed against my person; he had the gall to stride in all hellbent for immediate kow-towing and respect and grovelling on my part, asking... no, demanding me to go into an explanation and then so quickly just dismisses me?!?!?!

Granted, now as I look back I can clearly see the gaping flaws in the shaky logic which overtook me at the time. OK, maybe I was a bit tired. Tired of running already. Tired of being yanked this way and that by every self-acclaimed "Galactic Conqueror" who jumped off the droid wagon. But as this black-garbed man so blithely turned from me, turned and actually walked away, all I could see was his receding back... how DARE he dismiss me like a gleeberfly; how DARE HE...! and all I could feel was the fear and anger and despair which had been bouncing about within me for the past few hours combine into a little black splotch which grew and grew and...

...and combined with the knowledge that I would never see Sorben's face again, never, never, never; my child would never know it's father but by Kaandon he was going to have a role model to follow... and I suddenly knew in a blinding flash exactly who and where to go...

...and this guy simply was not going to get in my way.

Very well. He thought I was so insignificant as to turn his back on me? Well, he'd soon live to regret that. Never turn your back on anyone, whether friend or advisary. Ever. Galen's Rules of Survival, #1549.

I tensed every muscle I owned. "Hey, stupid," I called out. "You actually had a mother who taught you to act like that?"

I grinned to myself, my eyes slitting, as I observed him whirl about-face, his black trenchcoat flying about him like kraytdragon wings. His greeny-brown eyes darkened in growing rage, his nostrils actually flared as he replied in a pompous tone of voice. The finger he pointed at me was as sharply stabbing as a jedi's lightsaber.

"You will be silent, NOW!" he hissed, his voice as cold as a serpent's. He stood there, his entire aspect obviously meant to produce a quiver of fear in yours truly.

Not this time, however...

"Nope, sweetums," I replied with a sweetness that came nowhere close to eliminating the darkness in my own eyes. "Your turn."

With that, I sprang. The move took him completely by surprise; power-wielder or not, he did what I hoped he would do. He stood stock-still for a precious few tenths of a second...

...time enough for me to whirl, bring my leg around in a flying roundhouse, and slam the side of my foot against his face.

He fell like a stone.

I let the momentum add wings to my feet. En route out the door, I leaned down to swoop an Imperial blaster from his opened cloak. Sheesh, it was just laying there, loosely holstered next to a double lightsaber.

What the hey. I grabbed that too...

Now sheer survival instinct alone was my guide. It took over my entire body, gave me the stealth of a sandcat, the fearlessness of a rancor on a rampage, the surety that I would get away.

It worked, somehow it worked. I fled, silent, every nerve tingling, every sense alive, down one corridor after another, ducking into shadows here, climbing up ladders there, shorting out keyed doors and somehow avoiding being caught out. Kaandon must have been with me; SOMETHING had to be with me. It just couldn't have been sheer ability on my part, could it have?

No matter: there it was. Ahead of me. The docking bay, holding an array of pods and sleek little ships and...

...and the Imperial shuttle I knew I would find here, knew I needed, knew I could take.

I did. It was almost too easy; almost as if I were being let go. I refused to think along those lines, just crept up to a lone Trooper who was lollygagging about, gave him a big ol' smile, and in the same manner I had used before, turned his own weapon on him. Before I could even wonder if I had been seen, I dragged his inert body (good, I didn't manage to kill this one. I hoped I hadn't killed the other guy, either; Kaandon knows what kind of hot water I'd be in if that had happened...) over to an indented doorway and stripped him of his armor.

His head was clean-shaven, his jaw firm and square. I wondered briefly if the eyes behind those closed lids were baby blue...

I shook myself, donned the armor... and simply strolled aboard the shuttle, waving a clipboard, pointing to my headset, and trying very hard to look official.

Once aboard, I flung the helmet from my face; durn thing, can't see a speck through those stupid visors! Threw myself into the navseat, hunted up what I knew would be there...

How did I know this would be there? Never mind, do not go there, just take what comes to you and use it....

There it was. The Emergency Evac lever. I grabbed it with Death's own grip, gave a vicious yank...

... and amidst the whooping blare of sirens, amidst the whirlwind of debris which appeared outside the craft like Sithmagick, amidst the rapidly escaping atmosphere, which was evacuating the ship through the suddenly eliminated forcefield...

...amidst the rush and whirl and flotsam and bodies I flew from the great ship.

The minute I was out of my erstwhile prison, I wasted no time. I simply pointed the nose of the shuttle away from the nearest mass, hit the hyperdrive (thank Kaandon for this upgraded version; no warmup necessary!) and hoped for the best.

Kaandon had indeed been with me so far. Perhaps He would remain with me yet, and help me get to my destination: the world of Yavin, upon which the Jedi Praxeum was stationed.

What better place to raise my baby than among the Jedi? If they would have me, that is...

Laying behind, a dark figure regains his feet. His greeny-brown eyes are blackened with rage; a graceful hand fingers the side of his face the impertinent woman had kicked... healing Force floods in to remove the bruise, to remove the pain...

...but not the anger. He reaches out with the Force, knowing he cannot stop this woman now, knowing he must find her however, and follow her. Knowing her baby will be the strongest Force-user the Galaxy has ever seen and possibly ever will, knowing that he MUST have that youngling for his own devices.

Slowly, an evil grin crosses his striking features as he "assists" the woman in her flight. "Helps" her know how to depart the ship... "makes" her feel victory and relief.

For in victory and relief is an enemy most vulnerable.

He reaches out once more, and smiles even more darkly. So that is where she is heading.

Gracefully, he regains his feet, smooths his ruffled clothing, adjusts his weapons belt. He frowns a bit to see his weapons have been removed, his eyes pure obsidian now. So be it. He can easily make another lightsaber. And if that woman wants a duel, then she can have one.

With his "blessing."

His demeanor completely composed, he leaves for the bridge. Soon the giant destroyer is on a new course.

To Yavin....

------------------

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Galen on May 03, 2001]

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.104.44
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 05-05-2001 04:42 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
OOC: Follow Galen and Actar to the world of Yavin 4, in the Jedi Praxeum forum....

------------------

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.205.52
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 05-20-2001 06:53 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I look within to watch without; there, running amidst the cold-stripped vegetation of this planet is my Chosen One and her animal. At her insistence I have at last relented, and let her go out into the forest to hunt with him.

It is good to see the strength flowing in her veins once more, good to see her wielding the Power I have bestowed upon her with greater grace and assurety. I see her bounding, a shadow in rune-encrypted smoke, and leap over an immense and fallen ghyn'dal tree, using no more effort than that required to take a single small step. Behind her now, her tuk'ata howls in disgust, scrabbling up and over the gigantic trunk to resume his place beside his Dark Mistress.

The small smile which graces my features slackens as my thoughts impact her eyes. Even I am chilled by the emptiness I see within them. Whether this emptiness is resultant of an empty womb or empty heart even I, with all the Sith magick and power at my disposal, cannot discern.

Sith Magick. That thought brings yet another smile to my lips. How the pitiful beings of this time misunderstand, and thus misuse that which is ever-present around them. To actually segregate that which is One, to sever that which is Whole, is to lessen and weaken not only the Power but the one who utilizes it as well. Dark and Light; both sides of the same coin. Intermingled and flowing together in every living thing.

I shake my head, shaking my thoughts back from where they had been straying, contemplating the issues at hand. My Daughter, my Chosen One and love...ahh, if only she would see that! ~ holds the Whole within her. It is what has sustained her throughout her recent ordeal. Another One has this same strength within; the Dark Lady of the Assazi, Gouyen Chee.

Darkness lights my eyes. "Come now, my Daughter," I call out through the Essence to her. "There is a task at hand for you, and your Original Quest in abeyance, but not forgotten. Come with your Beast, and return to me now.

"It is time."

------------------
I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.104.43

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e