my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » ...and the Cradle Shall Fall

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: ...and the Cradle Shall Fall
Gravin Dark

Member # 48

posted 10-11-2000 02:39 PM     Profile for Gravin Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Gravin Dark     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kaladore...

Kaladore was a planet that was soon to be buzzing with activity. It was to be the location of the Treaties of T'khan. There would be no fewer than one thousand New Republic representatives from the various Core worlds . The New Republic had been trying to get the distrustful T'Khanans to join their ranks for the past five years . The T'Khanans were a reptilian race that had a facination with star travel. They had engineered a hyperdrive system that made those of current Republic technology seem like something ancient, like comparing a Ronto to a speeder. The T'Khanan hyperdrive decreased travel time by seventy percent and it was very easy to maintain. Some military vessels already had hyperdrives that were impressive with the current technology, but this hyperdrive was smaller and more compact. The T'Khanan technolgy was truly amazing.

Excitement filled the air ever since the announcement of the treaty. The citizens of Kaladore were preparing for the arrival of the first representatives. Kaladore had always been a friendly and inviting planet. The Kaladorians had always taken pride in their planet as well as their noble history. The streets were strewn with banners and signs welcoming the Representatives from all over the galaxy. The local businesses were ready to cater to everyones needs, local entertainers had offered their talents for free shows for the various representatives, and the local government was making sure that the security was top notch. The local Royal Guard and Royal Police had been placed on full alert to discourage and with ill intent.

The skies of Kaladore lazily turned to their familiar pink and violet hue at the dawn of this new day. The streets were already filling with people . The corner merchants solicited their fuzoul cakes, garbvui, and panhens as usual to the people who walked by. A security speeder zoomed past overhead almost unnoticed as people went about their daily business. A child stops in front of one of the merchants .

"What can I get ya my young lad?" the cream robed merchant asked as he peered down at the young boy no more than six from behind his cart filled with foods.

The young boy looked down at the ground , reaching his hands deep in his pockets. He was in luck. He had a single credit. He quickly looked up to the old merchant with his arm extended, coin in hand. The merchant took the credit from the boy and asked again as to what the lad wanted. The young lad in the vest and loose pantaloons pointed to one of the sweet kren pastries that steamed from the merchants cart. The merchant smiled and handed the young boy a pastry. The boy smiled ear to ear.

"Thank you!" the boy said as he ran away from the merchant. His eyes were focused only on the sugar coated delight that he held in his hands. He quickly zipped in and out through the crowd before he came to his favorite place.

The boy gazed up at the large statue before him. It stood over twenty meters tall and well over five meters in width. He looked up at the face of the sitting woman who gazed down at him,or so he liked to pretend. In her arms she held an infant wrapped tightly in a blanket. This statue was of the virgin mother known as Gelanta Mordoue who gave birth to the first crown prince of Kaladore Bhessus Krix over two thousand years ago. The statue had been placed in front of the great Library of Heralds just outside of the Royal Palace of Kaladore. The boy smiled up at the statue as he raised his sweet pastry to his lips. He took quite the mouth full and began to chew slowly.

"Artin?" a mans voice yelled through the crowd hoping that his son would hear. The small child turned in the direction of the calling man. The boy smiled again as he ran towards his father still gripping the kren tight. He wasn't about to lose that! The young boy lept up into his fathers arms accidently smearing some of the pastry against his fathers sleeved shirt. The man smiled as he laughed.

"Why you certainly are energetic as always this morning." the father smiled as his son rest in his arms. The boy took another bite of the sweet pastry. The father gave a peck to his sons cheek. "Time for you to go to your Aunts. I bet your cousins will be there. You'll have fun playin' with them I bet."

The boy nodded viciously as he took his final bite of the kren. The father smiled again as he sat his son down beside him. The father reached in his pocket to retrieve a small cloth and knelt beside young Artin. He wiped some of the sugar from the boys mouth. The boy winced and turned opposite of his dad.

"Awwww.. come on now. You're as bad as your mother used to be you messy thing you!" the father teased as he cleaned his sons face. The boy smiled. He had been without his mother for over three years now. He remembered her nurturing, her compasion for life, and her love. His father stood up beside him as he took his sons hand.

"Okay now. You are good to go." the father said as he began to walk down the busy streets."Now you won't scare your Aunt Varsala and your cousins." The father winked. His son swayed by his side. "Your poop has another day at the space docks off loading more protocols and security droids." He laughed as his son rolled his eyes. "I hear you. We better get a move on or your daddy is going to be late."

The pair walked into the busy streets. It was a mere two more days before the first representatives arrived. The excitement was building and hopes were high.

Posts: 29 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 199.35.166.11
Grimson

Member # 0

posted 10-16-2000 12:28 AM     Profile for Grimson   Email Grimson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The ramp from the Tulbar-class shuttle remained lowered as it's final passenger slowly emerged from the craft. Shrouded in a white T'styl leather overcoat and carrying a large black traveling case, the passenger looked out above the spaceport to the large city that rose like a magnificent T'hee giant against the violet sky. The passenger sighed.

With one foot in front of the other the tired traveler walked past various types that kept their focus to themselves and their jobs and to nothing else. Some were offloading, others were performing simple mechanics, while others still drank their hot Coa hoping it would give them the energy they needed to become more alert and awake. The passenger moved past them all. A flake of snow in a blizzard, not noticed among the other beings that moved about here this busy morning.

Soon the deligates from all around the galaxy would be arriving. Soon the passenger simply known as MYNOK ONE would find her place among them as well.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Grimson on October 16, 2000]

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 206.228.214.81
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 10-31-2000 11:48 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I hadn't been to Kaladore in ages. It had at least been four , maybe even five years since I last visited this pinkish violet planet. The last time was here I was visiting Quee and his wife Varsala as they celebrated the birth of their second child. I was of course fashionably late by a few months due to an assignment that I had to complete for the Hunters Guild but I did make it. I remember Quee and Varsala both being pleased that I even made it at all.It was a good time to spend with my two friends and welcoming (even though I was a tad late) their newborn into the fold of life.

"Sorben?" Galen asked as I snapped back to reality. She stood before me holding up a black fedoah bodysuit in front of her."What do you think Mr Tarnus? Is this me?"

I looked at the suit from where I sat. My bum was numb from sitting.I had no idea what my left hand was fondling , two objects that were small and round. I smiled at Galen and nodded.

"That looks nice." I winked. She smiled playfully back. "Why don't you go try it on?"

She raised her head up a bit as she pinned me with her big brown eyes. She gracefully slung the black bodysuit behind her as she carried it by its clothes hanger."I believe that I shall."

She was so beautiful. I watched her walk with a slight bounce to the changing room. She glanced back at me and gave a quick wink as she closed the red curtains to the changing room behind her. I sighed happily. My hands twirled the two unknown objects still.

Noticing this I slowly turned towards my extended left arm that was resting on the back of the bench that I had placed myself on as Galen shopped. Quee had told 187, Galen, K'Kihl, Ooglan, Booglan, and myself to rest today while he met with the local officials to find out what we were needed to do. What the hell? I squinted at the two silver balls that I was rolling around in my hand. I snickered to myself as I continued to roll the two spheres around in my hand. They wetre some sort of decoration that my hand had found on autopilot and just started messing with. Oh well.

"Okay, Mr Tarnus." Galen announced as she peered out from behind the red curtain to the fitting room."Here I come."

My attention fell to her as she pushed the red curtains beside and stood with her hands above her , resting on either side against the dressing room entrance. Her legs were slightly parted and she shot a smile my way that about knocked my boots off. She slowly slinked my way in that damnned black bodysuit that she wore like a second skin. All I could do was nod as she walked my way. She smiled playfully as she stopped in front of me.

"You like?" she asked as she placed her hands on her hips. I still nodded. A slight laugh escaped her lips as I nodded like an awestruck school kid at an astroshuttle show.

"I like." I finally said. She turned to face the mirror that was behind her. Her parts meant for seating directly before me. My eyes were glued to her perfect features that this fedoah bodysuit greatly enhanced. I couldn't lift my neck.

With a quick turn I was caught. I quickly looked up to her scolding eyes.

"What ?" I asked as I threw my hands in the air gesturing that I had done nothing wrong. She shook her head at my failed attempt of innocense. I smiled at her as she turned away to head back to the changing room.

"Okay, Mr Tarnus." she said as she intentionally swung her hips back and forth."This one is a keeper."

"Oh yeah!" I added as she made her way back behind the red curtains of the changing room.

I sighed as she shut the curtains behind her.She and I had been to three clothing stores already that Varsala had recommended to her. She already had bought a few things, nothing extravigant.Just some casual wears. She really didn't have that much after since she joined up with myself and Quee. What she had been wearing was pretty much destroyed after that episode on T'lyx. She desperately needed some wears.

I glanced around the boutique at all the clothing and patrons. This small shop seemed to be fairly busy. I suppose everyone was wanting to get something new to wear since the big Traety of T'khan was a few short days away. I would personally like to be in my armor myself but Galen insisted that I leave it behind, at least today. Today was going to be our day together. Our day to be one on one and not worry about our mission, not just yet.

"Ready?" she asked as she stood before me.I was startled.

"Either I'm slipping or you are getting better." I said as I rose from the old bench that had been my home for the past hour. I looked down at her small, sweet form. She smiled as she threw her arms around my neck.

"I think you are just slipping." she joked as she laughed slightly."I told you to stop worrying about the mission. It's our day."

My eyes bulged. How in Hells Seven Circles did she know?I quickly shook my questions from my head. I smiled again.

"I'm sorry." I said." I know its our day. I just worry out of habit. I especially worry about you. Even more so now since you are carrying our little package." I smiled as I poked at her still flat belly. She smiled as she looked into my eyes.

"I know." she said."I'll be okay."

She kissed my cheek as she parted from her embrace only to take my hand. She guided me behind her towards the exit.

"One more place to shop." she said. "Then tonight Mr Tarnus, you said you had a surprise for me?"

I smiled as we exited the small shop. She turned to me once again and stood in front of me before the small boutique.

"Indeed I do,my love." I said."Indeed I do."

Our day together continued....

------------------
I am not a droid

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Sorben Tarnus on October 31, 2000]

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 206.228.214.71
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-02-2000 10:13 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I walked along the busy promenade, a package-ladened Sorben Tarnus in tow. Around us, the very atmosphere of Rhyll'argon City seemed to crackle with a palpable electric excitement; expectation of the closure of the T'Khanan Treaties with the entry of that people into the New Republic had placed the entire populace in a festive mood. Now, while it's a known fact that I understand political affairs about as much as I understand the reason the Universe is expanding, even I felt a tinge of added gaiety. But then, perhaps that wasn't the only reason I was feeling so giddy lately....

I tossed my head a little, sighing happily as I linked my arm through Sorben's. He responded by shuffling about the packages he was carrying so as to free up one strong arm, a package dropping to the pavement in the process. I laughed a bit, and leaned down to retrieve it. Held it, idly fiddling with it as we walked on, his freed arm now wrapped protectively around my waist. As we meandered lazily along, the bustling crowd parted as a glacier does around a nunatak, allowing us free movement amidst that horde. Many in passing glanced our way with a secretive little smile, which I instinctively answered with one of my own. Ah, love....

Abruptly I came to a halt, causing Sorben to nearly drop the parcels he was carrying. This store looked interesting. I looked up to the placard above it's entrance. "Hillian Leather Goods and Haberdashery," I read there. Ahh-- this was what I was looking for....

A little gnome of a being scuttled up to us as, to the sound of a muted chime, we entered the establishment . "May I lend an assisting appendage?" it inquired politely, hands clasped before it's rotund stomach. "Many fine goods and leathers from around the Galaxy are here for the discriminating buyer; all ensembles are guaranteed to be one-of-a kind!" It's wrinkled little hands rubbed together slightly, just enough so as to entice a prospective customer with their small movement.

"Is there something in particular you are looking for?" it finished at last.

I grinned, shooting Sorben a quick look. My grin broadened as I saw the look of resignation that crossed his face as, with a little sigh, he proceeded to the nearest chair and let himself down upon it. Packages falling to the floor, he propped his elbow on the arm of the chair, rested a tilted head against a fist. The wry little grin he flashed toward me didn't fool me in the slightest, however; I saw how those wonderful baby blues of his were likewise flashing in my direction....

I turned to the proprietor. "Ummm--" I began. "I'm not quite certain. I am looking to complete an ensemble, yes; but I don't really know what would work best.

"Perhaps I could call upon your expertise in this matter?" This last I called out over my shoulder as I went over to the pile of packages Sorben had set down and began rummaging through them. Ahh, here it was. I turned around, holding the fedoah bodysuit in my hand.

The little gnomelike being bowed me into the nearest dressing room. Within moments I had the garment donned, and was slinking out into the store proper. I glissaded over and stopped before Sorben, raised my arms, and slowly turned around in a full circle. Then I stood, one hip cocked, one hand resting lightly there, fully enjoying how my babbling bounty hunter quite suddenly looked like K'kihl did when he first laid eyes on my little Jester.

The proprietor ran a calculating eye over me. "Ahhh-- one moment, Gentle Beings," he murmured, one crooked finger lifted to his chin as he thought. Then with a rapidity that belied his portly frame, he took off toward the back of the store. Before Sorben could even finish reaching out for me, he returned, his arms laden.

Sorben sat back with a guilty look on his perfect face as I turned around with a laugh. The gnomish being tsked slightly, then held out what he had brought. I have to admit it: now drool was beginning to collect in the corners of my mouth. I just love leather....

In but mere seconds, I had them on: tall black G'nubar boots covered my feet and lower legs, while my torso was sheathed in a form-fitting black, short-waisted jacket. They looked perfect with the black bodysuit. I could only imagine that my Sith belt would merely be the icing on the cake as far as my new "signature" outfit went.

I glanced at the pricetags, choked back a gulp. Raised my big browns to Sorben with a questioning look. He merely returned it with a calm one of his own, gave an approving nod. I grinned, whirled happily back to the store's proprietor. He too wore a happy grin. No wonder; I think we just fed his family for a month....

We exited the store, Sorben all but staggering beneath his burden. I was just explaining that I usually wasn't like this, that really I was quite a frugal person, that I knew we now were looking at another little being to take care of, when it slammed into me with the force of a stampeding ronto. I all but fell to the pavement as the overwhelming rush of darkness and danger flooded into me. Once again the packages Sorben was carrying hit the deck as he dropped them, clutching at me with speed and grace. His agile strength indeed was all that kept me on my feet.

"What is it, babes?" he asked worriedly, his eyes darkening with concern. "Are you okay? It's not--" His voice trailed off as one hand gently placed itself upon my belly.

I shook my head, one hand of my own going to my brow, the other topping Sorben's. "I d-don't know, love," I murmured a bit breathlessly. Khaandon, but I suddenly felt as if I had run a marathon. I gingerly lifted my head, looked about, seeking the warm comfort of Sorben's gaze...

...and in the process my gaze swept to a halt, cemented to hers. There. Across the street. It couldn't be, but it was. That same woman I had seen on H'del, the one with the being in the flexicast. The one half of a pair that had sent waves of unease and distrust and dark, dark danger wafting through me then... as she was doing now.

For one electric moment our eyes met, pinned together. Burning hatred raked into me with such force that I staggered again. I fell against Sorben, the hand on my brow now moving to cover my eyes for a moment as if to clear that awful vision from them. His arm tightened protectively about me as he finally pulled his look away from me to scour the streets.

I sought solace in his eyes. "Let's go now, love," I whispered. "I just want to get back to our quarters now. Please." The sound of my voice, the tone it carried, pulled his gaze back to mine. Wordlessly, he nodded, stooped to retrieve our fallen goods. Then, one arm placed protectively about me, he moved me along.

As we left the area, I turned my head, straining to look back behind us and across the street. The mysterious woman was gone.

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FF0000]"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."[/monger]

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Galen on November 02, 2000]

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.159.2
Timber Saden

Broken Back Button

Member # 74

posted 11-05-2000 08:03 PM     Profile for Timber Saden   Email Timber Saden     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A black cloak draped over him, sifting acrossed the ground like winder over the Dune Sea of Tatooine. The hood up, coating his face in shadows, keeping all facial features from view as he made his way through the crowds. He sensed a few force-strong beings... his eyes shooting in every direction as he walked. His mind open to the Force, sensing the move of every being around him.
The duel lightsabers hanging silently upon his back, hidden from view to all around him. The brown bag hanging upon his shoulder, outisde of the cloak. His mind was on his ship, the shadow colored Y-Wing. Modified to fit his every need, most namingly speed, shields, and firepower. Far from impenetrable, but the speed made up for that. And that was exactly why he was here. Reading on a few networks about the Hyperdrive the T'khanans had built... he had to get his hands on one.

Before he knew it, he stood before a large statue of a woman cradling a young. And so very nearby was the Royal Palace... the hyperdrive... where was the hard disk of the blueprints? His eyes fell slowly shut... in the palace... he would have to wait to get his hands on it.

His eyes quickly shot open... A bounty hunter... and a woman carrying a young. There essence so very familiar... how... who? So many unanswered questions. He slowly concentrated... Galen.... Sorben Tarnus... and others nearby. Then the Sith must be close... if not on there way. He opened his eyes and turned his attention to a bench nearby. A light smirk formed across his lips and he marched right over to it and seated himself. Tilting his head slowly down to keep his human features out of sight, and he watched his surroundings with the eye's of the Force... awaiting the right time.

------------------
Timber Saden

Posts: 7 | From: | Registered: Oct 2000  |  Logged: 63.227.11.19
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-12-2000 02:42 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
We continued on toward the hotel where we were quartered. All around me sounded the babble of beings from all over this world, all over the quadrant in fact, as they hustled and bustled with their preparations for the signing of the treaty. The gay noises scarcely made an impact upon me, however; I was so focused on what had just happened that I hardly felt Sorben's protective grip about my waist, let alone bothered to notice the merriment all about.

I could only think of her. Her... Who was she? Why was she here? And more importantly, why did she stare at me with such complete and utter hatred? I racked my brains trying to put her face to any past incident that may have occurred to me or those now with me; once again I came up filled only with a sense of frustration and growing unease. On H'del I had felt that she looked somehow familiar; then I had put that sensation of deja vu down to the fact that maybe she just had one of those naturally "familiar" faces. But now I couldn't ignore the overwhelming warning which was growing steadily within me.

Quite suddenly, I was aware of Sorben's baby blues being fixed on me. I turned my face up to his, suddenly being drawn out of my introspection by the pull of his obvious concern for me. With a start I realized he had had his gaze fixed on me for quite some time now; it's a miracle we had managed to navigate the crowded walkways at all without careening into one being or another. I sent a shaky smile in his direction, likewise becoming gradually aware of our surroundings. We were coming up on the Grand PLatz, where along one side the Library of Herald squatted like some pedantic oratory beast. Nearby, the brilliance of the Royal Palace outshone the brightly colored tiles of the Platz, tiles which led in an intricate pattern up one tiny alleyway which terminated at the front door of our hotel.

I sent him another smile, leaned my head against him, and snuggled into the protection of his strong arm around me. I then turned back to him to speak...

...and once again found the words caught up in my throat as I saw Him. Sitting there nonchalantly across the Platz, parked upon a bench near the Lady Gelanta Mordoue as though planning nothing more than an innocent feeding of the gring-birds which begged interminably at his feet. Granted, most of his features were hidden beneath the black hood of his cloak, but nothing could hide the intensity of his turquoise stare. A stare I had seen before. A stare which met mine directly.

A stare which... did not recognize me, or Sorben?

Sorben's arm about me tightened as every muscle in my body tensed. Once again, he tore his gaze from mine to scour our surroundings; I knew he had found the object of my trepidation when his grip quite suddenly all but crushed the breath from me.

In unspoken agreement, we continued along toward our hotel, to all outward appearances just casually strolling along.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Galen on November 16, 2000]

Timber Saden

Broken Back Button

Member # 74

posted 11-18-2000 02:45 AM     Profile for Timber Saden   Email Timber Saden     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The shadows created a darkness about his face, only the tip of his nose being glazed by the sun. His eyes affixed on the now moving woman, and her companion. How amusing... their fear had built up at a rapid rate. They were scurrying off like B'omaar Monks from the Hutt's. It was entirely too amusing, apparant as a light chuckle escaped him.

He looked down at the nuisance animals begging for food, and smirked. He closed those stunning orbs, and watched for a long while, concentrated on the Force. One of the birds slowly erupted to life, lifting into the air, and flying towards Sorben and Galen. He flew behind them, and obviously above them for a long while, until they reached the hotel. Timber smirked and took note of the room they were in. His eyes opened slowly, and the bird was free again. He shook his head slowly and took a foot to the birds, shoo'ing them away.

He let out a light sigh, and closed his eyes, concentrating on the Force. Trying to find anything of amusment, or time consuming. Something to pass the time till he could get his hands on the hard drive plans...

------------------
Timber Saden

Posts: 7 | From: | Registered: Oct 2000  |  Logged: 63.227.63.19
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-18-2000 04:06 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I couldn't get into our room fast enough....

I couldn't quite place my finger on it, but all of a sudden it was as if the entire Universe had become enveloped in a cloying, black tar. The fear and trepidation I had felt upon seeing the mysterious woman from H'del was nothing compared to the tremors of foreboding that shook my body now.

I all but forcibly pushed Sorben inside as he released the maglock on our door; practically stepped upon the various packages he had carried as, in response to the force of the blow I dealt to his back in my haste to gain apparent shelter, they fell to the floor with a rustling thnnk. With no further ado, I hurried him inside, my vision filled for some reason with nothing but the sight of pinions fluttering in the breezes of the Grand Platz that lay beyond our door....

And for the love of Khaandon, I don't think I could have fully justified my steadily growing terror if I had tried....

------------------

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Galen on November 18, 2000]

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.151
Timber Saden

Broken Back Button

Member # 74

posted 11-18-2000 04:21 AM     Profile for Timber Saden   Email Timber Saden     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He slowly stood up, flattening the ruffled creases in his cloak, and marched along the streets of Kaladore. A cackle erupted from his gut as Galen's intense, shooting fear crept into his mind. He was able to strike fear in almost any being... and this was going well.

He passed by a few merchants, trying to suade him into buying various objects and eateries. He smirked lightly as he ran a hand afront of one of the merchants face. He bowed lightly as the man silenced, and plucked the pastry from his hand.

Reaching the hotel, he brought the pastry to his lips, and took one bite of it. Too sweet for his liking. He threw it down to the birds close by. His attention shot to their room. How very amusing... her fear was so very intense. But now was not the time to play with them. He rested a hand on the bag at his side, and walked past, towards the Palace...

------------------
Timber Saden

San Destine

Member # 0

posted 11-20-2000 10:49 AM     Profile for San Destine   Email San Destine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Inside the B'gile Suites many of the politicians from various worlds were gathering. Many species eager for the Treaty of T'khan to be a sucessful one. I glanced out my window that overlooked the huge glorious city of Rhyll'argon . From here I could see the space transports arrive one after another at the now busy spaceport located many kilometers away. I smiled briefly to myself as I clasped my hands behind my back suddenly in thought.

"What is it, San?" a familiar voice asked from behind me. I took a deep breath as I contined to look across the royal city.

"I can assure you that I am merely anticipating this treaty." I turned to look at my beautiful bride who sat sixteen paces away on a blue Valooine couch glancing down at her fingers as she filed away at them relentlessly. A cosmetic droid hovered before her equiped with everything a woman could desire to primp with. Its small gripping arm reached out to take the small file from her as she reached for a nail polishing rod.

"I know it will go off without a hitch . I do not know why you are so worried." she said as she lightly applied the end of the rod to one of her blank nails making it perfectly colored in black.

"I know it will." I said as a patrol speeder passed by my window. "It's just that I feel some of those in the New Republic and even some of the other independent systems that are represented here may take advantage of the T'khan."

My bride shot me a puzzling look as she finished her one hand and moved to the next.
"The T'khan are not ignorant beings, San. Joining the New Republic is the best move for them."

I turned to her with my hands still locked behind my back. My blue robes remained unmoving.

"All I see is that the Republic gets the hyperdrive technology and the T'khan get the privilege of being in a galactic government for the assumed betterment of all peaceful beings." I said calmly as I brushed my hand through my thin white hair.

"San" my bride began as she lifted her gaze from her polished nails to me."Joining the New Republic is more than just a privilege. There are trade advantages, protection from threats ..."

"I know all of this." I interrupted."It's just that T'khan is so far outside the Core that I don't feel that the New Republic can offer these people the amount of support they need. There are still fringe elements of the Empire plus rumors now of two maybe even three so called Sith Lords lurking about in the Outter Rim. The New republic has all of it's energies invested in the Core and to accept these people into their fold is an act of selfishness on behalf of the New Republic."

My brides mouth hung slightly opened as the cosmetic droid politely tapped her with its this utility arm to remind her that she still held the polishing rod. She released it to the droid as her eyes remained fixed on me.

"I have represented our beloved Corella Ves for the past forty years. I was there when the Republic fell and I assisted in the Rebellion against the Empire that Senator Palpatine manipulated into being. I have supported the rebirth of the New Republic but I can not help but get this bitter taste in my mouth about this treaty." I turned to face the window again. The skies blanketed the city in a purple/pink haze. My bride remained silent for a moment before dismissing the small cosmetic droid.

"I am going to seek a meeting with Ambassador Tordu of T'khan before the treaty is discussed tomorrow." I announced still blankly staring outside at the busy city." I need to discuss with him further of how much the New Republic can truly offer him."

"I see that my husband is tired of all the political half truths. It is a sign of a bad plotician." she half smiled as she rose from the couch. He layered black and white gown draped around her. She slowly walked in my direction with her hands held by her side. She stopped beside me and joined me in looking out over the city.

"I am doing the right thing." I said. "The right thing for Corella Ves and the right thing for the T'khan."

"I know you are , San." she said as she turned to face me. She took my aged hand into her small, soft hands. "I just hope that no one from the New republic hears of this."

I turned to her with a raised brow.

"It does not matter what they know. I will be honest. I have no secrets to hide from them." I said flatly as I held her hand.

She smiled. I sighed. The door to the room opened with a swoosh. She and I both turned to look.

"Messa tinkin that youssa messed me." the gungan laughed as he stood just inside the door. I smiled. My bride gave blank glance and returned to the couch.

"Messa done did what youssa San askins me to do." the deep voiced gungan announced." Da meetin with Tirdu is set up. Messa assured the T'khan that youssa not bein long winded."

The gungan smiled and chuckled to himself again. I shook my head and smiled as my bride shot me an almost distrustful gaze. She was not fond of anything other than humans. That was one of her three down sides.

"So you had already decided on this meeting before telling me?" she asked as she summoned the cosmetic droid again.

"Yes I did." I said matter of factly. "It's only politics."

The gungan stood still as he looked towards my bride. He knew that she did not trust aliens. He didn't care. He always attacked her with kindness if she ever gave him a hard time. I looked back at him with a smile.

"Thank you , Appie ." I bowed .

"Issa nothin for you, San. Messa always helps youssa when you needs it." Appie said as he bowed back. "Messa go look about now if dat is okey day with youssa."

I nodded. The brown robed gungan smiled as he glanced back towards my wife. He then glanced back at me and shook his head. He smiled. I knew exactly what he meant.

He then exited the room as quickly as he arrived. I looked at my bride for a moment as she retouched her nails in a deep blue. She said nothing. I sighed once more before preparing for my meeting with Tordu.

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 206.228.214.87
Gravin Dark

Member # 48

posted 11-20-2000 04:08 PM     Profile for Gravin Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Gravin Dark     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
In darkness there sits a man. He watches with great interest at the events that are in motion on Kaladore. He knows of a dark being that roams the streets in pursuit of something. He knows of the Jedi that are gathering there as well to help protect the diplomats from a thousand worlds against possible threats. He knows of the mighty fleets that patrol the space lanes above to discourage others from causing havoc. He knows of a lot of things.

He sits upon his dark throne on an insignificant planet. In his hands he holds a small statue of a woman who was sitting in a chair. She held in her hands a small infant that her eyes were constantly fixed on. He smiles to himself as he traces his fingers along the fine, rough edges of the sculpture.

"Virgin Mother Gelanta Mordoue ." he says softly to himslf as he stares at the statue."You will have such new meaning for me after the events of Kaladore unfold."

He slowly sits the statue down beside him on top of a small table. He then reclines back in his chair. His arms lazily rest on upon the throne as he closes his eyes. He still feels her. He still is watching over her. His once prisoner now free on Kaladore. She is still safe. He can sense the child. He smiles.

Galen sleeps this afternoon in Tarnus's arms. A busy day of shopping before the negotiations begin tomorrow. He can almost smell the sweet scent of the room. He thinks out to her as she dreams.

Images of her sleeping securely in Tarnus's arms fill his mind as his mind touches hers. She shakes her head slightly as she clings to Tarnus. She is scared? Scared not of him nor Dark but... someone else was toying with her mind. The Dark One? Yesssss... I can feel his mental claws have toyed here.

In her dreams I come. An image of someone she feels safe with but not Tarnus. An image of...

"D'ubus?" Galen mummered in her sleep. She half questioned what he was doing at the dance that she and Tarnus were attending. They melodic symphany played steadily as Tarnus walked away to get the couple a drink.She looked up and down at my armored atire."You aren't quite dressed for the event, D'ubus."

I smiled as I took her hand in my dark gloved hands."I know." I confessed as I watched Tarnus vanish into the crowd.

"What are you doing here at the B'Dookin Ball?" she asked. I looked at her image of self. She was beautiful in her custom dark B'Dookin dress. It fit her young features perfectly.

"I am here to tell you something." I said as my eyes fell into her big brown eyes. She stood concerned as a pair of two men danced past her. She paid them no mind as I raised a brow. What on earth had she been drinking before this nap?

"Something wrong?" she asked.

"Oh no!" I said shaking my head. "All is well as a matter of fact."

"Then what is it?" she asked urgently as she took me by an arm. I smiled.

"It's about your baby." I said as I glanced down at her stomach that was covered entirely by the form fitting dress.

"What about it?" she asked in concern. Two male Imperial Officers danced past in a heated, passionate dance. I really wanted to know what she had been drinking now!

"I just wanted to assure you that no harm can come to you nor your child. Even if someone tries, they will fail." I smiled.

She cocked her head in question as the two Officers danced past again. I dismissed them. They vanished from her mind.

"As long as you are carrying this child you are protected from others. The child shields you from detection of men that would want to see your baby harmed. Only true Masters of the force could sense your baby and even then they would have to be close."

"Thats reassuring." she said as Sorben made his way through the crowd carrying two drinks high above his head.

"Even then, they could not do your child any harm. You see.." I began as she looked into my eyes. "Your child is gifted. A strong force user he will be. I placed him under my protection. "

She cocked her head to the side again as Tarnus strolled up behind her. He looked at me without speaking. He then smiled and winked at me playfully before putting one of his arms around Galen. The other hand tightly gripped a glass of Walk'nfall.

"Whoever tries to harm your child will have great difficulty. They will literally die trying."

"I don't understand." she said as Tarnus took a drink from the glass.

"Me neither." Tarnus added. "Then again, I just got here!" The bounty hunter erupted in laughter as the music stopped playing suddenly and all thousand eyes of this ballroom focused on him. He laughed like a Wookie. After a few seconds he seemed to realize that the room was literally focused on him. His eyes grew large as he looked about the huge ball room . He bit his upper lip and waved his hand that was once around Galen up in the air.

"SORRY!" he shouted." Carry on! Sorry!" Tarnus announced as he slowly backed away from Galen and myself. He looked at Galen as the music started up again. "I'll be right back, love."

She smiled to herself as she glanced back to me. I removed my hands from hers. I took one last look at her before parting.

"Trust me , Galen." I added "You are safe. Your child is safe."

She stood silent as I withdrew back into the crowd of dancing souls. She stood with her arms crossed processing what I had just told her. I withdrew from her mind... slowly.

In darkness there sits a man. He has just completed a small but important task. He has just reassured a scared young woman who has lost every person in her life that has loved her with the exception of a babbling bounty hunter. He reassured her that her child would be safe and that the love she has for that child would remain secure. No one could deny her that. No one.

The man picks up the small statue again and begins to trave his fingers up and down its form. He smiles as he watches and waits for the events on Kaladore to unfold.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Gravin Dark on November 20, 2000]

Posts: 29 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 206.228.213.228
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-20-2000 10:24 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I awoke with an abrupt start. Unthinking, I jerked upright, the sweat-stained sheet that I clutched to me cold against my skin, the fading sound of a distant symphony hauntingly sweet in my ears. Blinking my way back into the reality of my room, I turned to Sorben. Such a strange dream....

He lay beside me, rumpled and dear, his mouth working in response to dreams of his own. I smiled a little, and laid a hand upon his cheek. As I contemplated him as he slumbered on beside me, another vision drifted slowly and insidiously into my thoughts, supplanting his strong features with ones darkly menacing, brightening his baby blues into a sea-washed turquoise hue.

Before I even was aware I was doing it, I grinned. For some reason, all the terrors that had gripped my being since I saw him sitting across the Platz were suddenly as ephemeral as marsh-mist on Dagobah. From somewhere deep inside my very being there welled a complete certainty that I was safe from Him, that our baby was safe from this dark and evil being....

Dark and evil? I raised a hand to my lips, trying to stifle the giggle that rose in non sequiteur to my lips. It was funny how he not only seemed so suddenly to be non-threatening, but now seemed as soft and... well, perhaps cuddly didn't quite accurately describe him, but he seemed as harmless to me as a little Ewok. A little, dark-robed and turquoise-eyed Ewok, brandishing a wooden spear in defiance against a highly technological Universe.

Now both hands raised to my lips as I literally choked back a full-throated laugh. Gargling a little desperately so as not to awaken my love, I rolled from the bed and headed over to the sole window which graced the far wall. I stood there a moment, wrapped in a shirt of Sorben's I had grabbed along the way, idly looking out upon the one small portion of the Platz revealed there.

There He stood, lurking. My gaze arrowed straight into his turquoise one, completely calm and unafraid. For a heartbeat, our eyes pinned each other; then will wonders ever cease? He broke contact, tossed down some bit of food he had been holding, turned and left. Where he was going, I hadn't a clue. I knew he was probably up to no good, but hoped Sorben's contact with a diplomat we had met in the lobby of our hotel (did he say his name was San something? Destine?) would at least pass along word of his presence here. But sure as there's Treasure on Roon, I knew in this small encounter that I had won a great and decisive victory.

I was no longer afraid of him. And I didn't think I would be again.

Smirking a bit to myself, I turned and crept back into bed. There I snuggled into the protection of Sorben's warm body, let myself relax, let my eyes close. Drifting then, I fell into a peaceful and comforting slumber.

------------------

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.162
Timber Saden

Broken Back Button

Member # 74

posted 11-21-2000 04:05 AM     Profile for Timber Saden   Email Timber Saden     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He let a low growl erupt from his body... another dark form toying with the womans mind. He had literally made her happy to see him... it was horrid. He hated it with a heated passion... this man was ruining what little happiness he truly had in this universe. He walked through the darkened ally-ways behind merchant's shops, and housing complexes. His teeth were clenched tightly as a few strands of his ashen black hair had fallen afront his face. This man was destroying his amusement.

He had bigger fish to fry at the moment... but that other dark essence would get his fair share soon enough. He quickly jerked back... and leaned against the wall as memories came flooding back... features... of a dark man... eyes erupting a yellow glow... this man... Dark.... so very Dark... Gravin Dark! The man toying with this woman... turning the table's on amusment... it was Gravin Dark. This would not go over well... his clone had run into this man... and didn't like him one bit.

Timber quickly stepped into the shadows as patrol ships flew overhead... he had barely had enough time from the daze to use the Force to put a cloaking over him. He let out a heavy breathed sigh as he layed his head back. "Gravin... we will have our encounter soon enough... and believe me... I am nothing like my deceased counterpart!" A cackle erupted from the darkest part of his being. He quickly charged off, making his way to the upscale suites... the B'gile suites.

He concentrated on the Force to keep all watchful eyes from making the slightest glance or gesture in his direction. He was undetected... walked past a pitiful gungan and shook his head with a broad grin... such ignorant beings. He let the look go as he made his way into the room of one San Destine. A young woman quickly looked at him, and with a slight wave of his hand, her eyes fell shut. She was the easy part of this meeting.

He turned to the elderly man now staring at him, and his voice was deep, and yet slightly warm... he hated warm... though it was necisarry; "I would advise you in not doing that kind sir." The elderly man looked him square in the face; "And what is it exactly, that you think I am doing?" Timber let an unseen smirk form acrossed his lips, "Preparing to call for security... that is what that datapad in the wall near you does." The mans hand slowly dropped back to his side... that was a good sign. Though he was merely trying to decieve Timber. "I merely wish to talk." Timber slowly draped his cloak to the side, and slid the bag he was toting off his shoulder, set it on the floor, and pushed it aside with his foot. He let his cloak linger out, no weapons in site... they were behind his back, but Timber clouded the mans judgement to asking him to turn around. "I am unarmed. And so, I wish to have a short meeting with you. I wish to speak of the upcoming treaty... and I can assure you... it will not go over as you hope." Timber let the man's thoughts linger... he would get the data card with the plans for the hyperdrive on it... and if he could wreak some havoc for the New Republic in the process, that makes it even better. "Would you like to speak with me? Or shall I depart?" Timber's smirk was broad now... the corner's of his lips shining with the light in the room, but the rest of his face coated in shadows.

------------------
Timber Saden

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-07-2000 11:38 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Night had fallen over the great City of Rhyll'argon. Hidden by the soft darkness of a new moon sky, Darkseed spiralled skillfully downward, unnoticed by the few citizens who hurried home to dinner and rest.

Within, Graysith frowned, a bit on the speculative side, her head cocked a little as she manipulated her controls, looking at the scene her viewscreen showed her. The ground whirred by in a shadowy blur as she flew silently over the countryside surrounding the capitol city. Ahead, the Royal Palace beckoned as though it were a precious jewel aching to be snatched.

With a minimum of fuss, the Chosen Daughter brought her Cloakshape fighter to a landing in a small tree-surrounded field about half a kilometer from the city. With luck, she would have been totally unnoticed... she stretched forth her talents, searching into the night. Good. Her luck had held: no one had noticed her arrival.

M'sonBo'o lifted a questing head, rumbling in query as she powered down her vessel. She could only shake her head in response as she stroked his, seeking to calm his rising tension.

What lay ahead was a mystery to her as well. Behind her lay H'grin, lay Jacko Kragar and Gravin Dark, having yet to have met with her; behind her lay what she had thought would be a simple journey to meet the mysterious Darth Malice, or perhaps a journey back to Desolist.

All had apruptly changed with the sudden transmission from Selnath, verified by a mental link from Aelvedaar. She was to leave H'grin immediately, and journey to Kaladore. There she was to land without the capitol city of Rhyll'argon, and to lay in wait.

For who, she didn't know. She sensed the presence of Darkness on this world, Darkness which grew stronger and stronger as though being steadily fed by what she had been informed were growing festivities. All aimed toward the signing of treaties. All which concerned her not.

Her frown grew even stormier as she settled back into her seat, one slim hand almost mindlessly dabbling with her tuk'ata's ear. She was not to venture forth. Again she was to simply wait. Whoever was on this world would sense her, and would come to her.

She didn't like it. But she would wait.

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FFF000]"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"[/monger]

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Graysith on December 07, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.211
Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 12-19-2000 12:57 AM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
-----Meanwhile, back on Yavin IV
(http://forums.escapepod.net/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000007.html}

Complete silence fell over the bridge, the Admiral closed his eyes, searched through his mind. The woman. Where was she? K..Kala..Kaladore. He swiftly turned his head and said, "General, Ready my shuttle to go to Kaladore, then take the fleet and head to...." He smiled, "Tatooine."

One Hour later, his shuttle was ready to go, he left alone, not sure what he would find when he arrived, or what Grand Admiral Thrawn would think when he heard Admiral Actar had sent his fleet of to Tatooine. But right now, he didn't care, he was in some kind of high, maybe it was the anticipation of adventure to come...

------Some time later------
Actar landed in a feild not far from the city of Rhyll'argon. He aid to his men, "Dress in commomners clothing, we'll find somewhere in the city to stay for the night."
Then one of his guards spoke up and said, "Admiral, If I may ask, what exactly is it hat we're doing here?"
Actar put his hand to his friend's cheek, smiled and said, "You'll soon find out."

They made thier way to the city, found a place to stay and went to sleep for the night, all except Actar, who couldn't sleep a wink...

------------------
Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.149.68.159
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-21-2000 10:55 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hours passed....

Graysith spent the time fretting quietly to herself, her discomfiture not going unnoticed by her faithful M'wonBo'o. The great tuk'ata kept up a steadily panting rumble, upon occasion butting his sleek head against her side.

Mistress in anger/fear being? his evident concern interrupted her thoughts for the tenth time. This one in guardianship of her life is being, would seek-seek-hunt that which is making her distressed being.

Graysith merely shook her head, still slightly sidetracked by her own contemplations. She had waited on H'grin; now she seemed to be waiting for an interminable length of time here on Rhyll'argon. Who was out there, and why was he not coming to her?

At length she sighed, stretched forth her talents... and quite suddenly found IT. Or rather, HIM. Her instinctive recoil sent M'wonBo'o leaping to his feet in response, his head slamming against the nearby bulkhead, his claws clattering upon the metal flooring of her ship.

HE was here.... Or rather... someone so very similar to him, to the One who once was near and dear to her, One whom she thought she had rid herself of. A slim hand slipped unconsciously to her belly and she frowned. The frown intensified into anger.

Again, He plagued her with His presence. Again, His presence threatened both her and the unborn being she carried. This was intolerable; it could go no longer. She sensed that he was currently engaged in a small confrontation of his own, too busy with that to notice the insidious tendrils of awareness with which she licked at him. Her frown lightened to a grin as she realized this one small victory which she held over him.

Good. He too could be easily distracted. Distractions could be exploited. But she had to be quick....

Closing her eyes, she leaned back in her seat, a steadying hand calming the anxious beast at her side. He gradually settled, as did her immediate awareness of her surroundings. Around her, Darkseed appeared to fade into a ghostly fog as that Dark Force which made up her very essence silkily departed, following lines of a Force even darker, seeking conjunction with that dark being who yet remained unaware of her arrival on Kaladore. Abruptly she found herself in a beautifully appointed chamber, there to see a surprised and fearful elder entity confronting HIM.

Darth Wicked, her once Dark Heart. The one for whom she once would have died. But yet, somehow it was not quite Him....

She had no time to ponder the subtle differences she sensed about Him. Even now, he was whirling, His surprise and growing anger filling the room like a black and sticky tar. No time to acknowledge that, no time to think. Only time to instinctively react.

Without so much as blinking, she reached out a hand to him, two fingers extending out in his direction, the remainder curled beneath her loosely closed palm. Upon her pale forehead, the Glyph ravened into glorious life, reaching out in its own mysterious way to utilize those energies and forces which were not merely inherent in each and every living thing, but which indeed were the very glue that held the universe together. It was that unknown essence which created Space and Time itself that she sought. She found it, and it bowed to her command.

In less time than that which had triggered the formation of spacetime, tendrils of otherness leapt forth, coalescing from the very atoms of the air in the room. They approached the darkly cloaked being, coiling about him like the arms of a lover, encompassing him in tendrils deceptively strong and completely overwhelming. Bit by bit they incorporated themselves into his form, embracing him, covering him, until he was visible no longer. There was only a human-shaped shadow apparent, which rippled with steadily growing energies.

For a hair's-breadth of time, The Chosen Daughter contemplated the oscillating image before her. She raised her hand, turning it palm upward now, cocking her head to the side a bit in the last final seconds as she stayed her powers....

The image seemed to waver a bit. A pseudopod of diffractive light seemed to reach forth from it, beckoning to her. A sense of utter anger and fear and yearning washed over her.

She closed her eyes.

She closed her fingers into a fist.

The image disappeared from the room, from her sight and that of the astonished humanoid who had witnessed this remarkable event. It simply blinked out of existence, retreating into the Elseness from which the universe had been created to begin with. A cloaking chronotic field accompanied him, one created by the Chosen Daughter to keep his form from ever re-entering the timescale from which she had banned him.

Let other dimensions and universes deal with him, she thought to herself. She had more important affairs to attend to.

Slowly her eyes raised to meet those of the trembling San Destine, who had remained so far mute in response to this remarkable event. That he was readying himself for some sort of action was evident by the fact that an arm was in turn being raised in her direction, his mouth opening to say something.

She beat him to the finish line, winning by a nose.

Her own cloaked arm reached toward him, the fingers opened loosely, the Glyph on her forehead softening to an almost imperceptible lavendar glow. Her violet eyes bored into his own.

"Sleep..." The command was a soft enticement, worming into his conscious thought, boring deeper to seek his unconscious mind. "This has been but a dream."

Her smile growing in satisfaction, Graysith watched as San Destine's expression quieted to that of an automaton. His eyes becoming unseeing, glazed by the clouds of dim unawareness, he turned and shuffled to his bed. There he lay down, and soon was lost to slumber.

Nodding to herself, Graysith removed her essence from the room, and returned to Darkseed There she greeted her ecstatic tuk'ata, and began to contemplate her next move. Though Timber Saden was no longer a presence on Kaladore, there was yet another Dark ripple here, one she quite suddenly recognized as being that one she had last met on Khar Delba.

She smiled to herself in recognition. Waiting was no longer an option; soon she would go forth to seek him. In the meantime, spent from her recent efforts in utilizing the Forces of Creation, she too needed to sleep. Somehow she sensed she would need all her wits about her in whatever confrontations there were to come.

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FFF000]"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"[/monger]

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Graysith on December 21, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.156

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e