my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Hollow Houses of H'grin

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Hollow Houses of H'grin
Jacko Kragar

Broken Back Button

Member # 50

posted 09-28-2000 12:10 AM     Profile for Jacko Kragar   Author's Homepage   Email Jacko Kragar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The charming devoranian and I landed on H'grin less than four hours ago. He paced the ground twenty ronto steps to my left as I sqatted on top of the giant sand dune looking out at the small circular homes below. Our ship was resting behind us with steam slowly pouring from its exhaust ports.

"Volcrath says this planet worse than Tatooine! Too hot! Too hot for even your boss to stay methinks!" the devorian barked as he kicked a patch of sand from the top of the giant sand dune.

I turned towards the devorian. I had many unanswered questions about his relations with Desolist but I would save those for another time. I knew it was because of him that I and sasetch were captured so easily. I knew Desolist wanted something with my employer but I didn't know exactly what that was. I reached my hand down into the fine sand and allowed it to sift through my fingers. We had searched out three differnt locations on this planet that my employer used as safe houses. He liked it here because it was far away from the activities of the Core Worlds . There was too much political turmoil there for his liking. It was close enough to the Outer Rim for his liking. He always said a new empire would emerge from these territories one day. He may have been right, at least if Desolist plans come into play.

I slowly rose to face the devoranian who stood with his arms crossed looking out at the desert. The hot wind began to attack us again. I squinted my eyes as the devoranian lowered his eye goggles. I reached for my own pair that dangled around my neck as the sand gently reminded me that it was a good idea to don them.

"Volcrath says we take a looksie about this last H'grin village for your boss. I picked nothing up on sensors here. Why do you feel your boss here? He wasn't at other three sites? Messing with Vilcrath methinks you are!" the devoranian hissed as he quickly smiled at me. He patted my back lightly as I moved beside him.

I crossed my arms and looked at the oval homes below that were used by the natives of this planet over a thousand years ago before they mysteriously vanished. One of the universes many mysteries I suppose.

"It has to be this one my dear Volcrath." I retorted to his gripe."I assure you my employer is here."

"Volcrath says he better be." the devoranian said as he began to make his way down the side of the sand dune towards the small vacant village below.

I watched the devoranian clumsily make his way down the dune against the onslaught of wind. I shook my head as he stumbled and almost fell. His powerful arms kept him from falling on his devoranian butt! I chuckled silently at the display.A sandstorm was coming. We needed to hurry up and get to shelter below.

With a sigh, I followed.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Jacko Kragar on September 28, 2000]

Posts: 8 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 206.228.214.217
B-3PO

Member # 0

posted 09-29-2000 12:22 AM     Profile for B-3PO   Email B-3PO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I was startled by the sudden arrival of the devoranian and his human friend as they entered the small dwelling that I occupied. I was simply standing monitoring the ship that had just landed outside. I could only assume that these two men that were standing in front of me were from that ship. The devoranian stood snarling with his blaster drawn in my direction. The man in the brown robes behind him peered at me through his goggles that fit snug against his dirty face. My responce was to raise my silver arms. I stood defenceless before the two beings as they stared at my silver protocol form.

The devoranian looked at his human partner then glanced quickly back at me. I knew they were wondering why I was out here, all alone in this empty ancient dwelling. I wish I could speak but I could not. I had been without a vocal synth system for nearly twelve years. My master liked the mute condition that I was bought in and thus he left me this way.

The brown robed human moved forward as he removed the goggles from his eyes. He lowered his sandy hood . He then brushed his hand through his short cropped brown hair and gave his head a quick shake. He then looked up at me.

I waited for his questions as the sandstorm began to blow full force outside. I remained still....

[Edited 2 times, lastly by B-3PO on September 29, 2000]

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 206.228.215.163
Jacko Kragar

Broken Back Button

Member # 50

posted 10-03-2000 04:08 AM     Profile for Jacko Kragar   Author's Homepage   Email Jacko Kragar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I wrinkled my brow slightly as I looked upon the old silver protocol droid that was standing somewhat nervously before me. I stepped forward slightly as I rasied my hand in my devoranian "friends" direction. Volcrath looked at me as I focused on the old protocol droid .

"We mean you no harm." I said as the droid continued to hold his silver apendages over his head." You can put your arms down."

The droid quickly looked at Volcrath who still had his blaster drawn and pointed in the helpless droids direction. I gazed back at Volcrath. Volcrath grinned at me .

"Put that away." I suggested to the devoranian.

"Volcrath says he will put away his gun now. Only because Volcarth is wanting to. Not because the Jacko is wanting him to." the devoranian said somewhat spiteful as he snarled at me. I had grown used to this over the years.

The droid focused on me again and slowly lowered his arms. I walked with my hands by my sides towards the droid very slowly. I did not want to scare the thing. He may be our only hope as to finding my employer.

"I am Jacko Kragar of Kaladore. My trigger happy friend here is Volcrath." I said as the droid moved forward towards me. "We simply seek shelter from the storm that is raging outside. We mean you no harm."

The droid nodded at me as if he understood. He did not speak. This was strange for a protocol droid. They usually responded quite vocally to other beings.

"We hope that we are not intruding." I said as I examined the droids exterior. He seemed to be an older unit but everything seemed serviced. Perhaps his vocal processor was malfunctioning.

"Can you speak?" I asked as I took a seat at the small table that sat squarely in the center of this room. Volcrath peered out at the sandstorm from one of the small portals of this ancient house.

The droid shook his head negatively as he glanced down at the floor. He quickly looked up at me and placed his metal hands about his throat. I do believe that my hunch about his processors were correct.

I thought to myself for a moment. I could fix this or at least create some temporary solution. I looked at the small comm unit that Volcrath wore on his side.

"Give me your comm!" I ordered Volcrath. The devoranian slowly glanced back at me as I sat with my hand extended.

"Volcrath not giving Jacko comm. Jacko may call in an orbital strike. Volcrath go boom!" the devoranian joked as he reluctantly lay the small device before me. "Volcrath wanting to know what Jacko is up to?"

I quickly opened up the panels that hid the interior wiring of the comm device.

"Jacko no bust comm or Volcrath bust Jacko, no?" the devoranian hissed in a panic, his eyes wide and focused on my every move.

"Don't worry. I am simply going to wire this thing so our friend here can talk to us." I said as I reconfigured a few of the interior settings. "He may know where my boss is."

The devoranian gave a quick glance up to the silver droid who was fixed on what I was doing. The devoranian smiled and patted me on my back once again.

"You hookay Jacko. You hookay!" the devoranian laughed as he walked back to the portal to watch the sandstorm as it relentlessly blew outside.

In moments. The droid would be able to speak to us. Hopefully he would have some answers.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Jacko Kragar on October 09, 2000]

Posts: 8 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 204.33.119.37
B-3PO

Member # 0

posted 10-09-2000 03:31 AM     Profile for B-3PO   Email B-3PO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The devoranian leaned agaist the old kitchen counter top as he bit into some sortv of precooked rations. The one who kept refering to as Jacko had just finished connecting some sort of device to my vocal processors that allowed me to verbally communicate with the pair. Jacko was on his knees in front of me he activated the modified comm that became my verbal output servo modulator. The device lit up as he looked up at my silver face.

"How's that?" Jacko asked as he slowly rose to face me. I hadn't tried speaking to other beings in years. This was going to be interesting.

"S..S..S..S.." I began as I fought to speak. My insides finally came up to speed with the modified comm system outside. I HAD ADAPTED! "Sir, I do believe everything is working perfectly! This is splendid!"

I bounced my gaze between Jacko and the unimpressed Volcrath. The devoranian took another bite out of his meal pack.

"Excellent." Jacko said as he took a seat at the old table within this ancient home. He kept his beady eyes looking into my visual sensors.

"I am so happy to be able to hear myself again. I can not tell you how appreciative I am towards you and your devoranian friend. I am fully fuctional again!" I said gleely as my sensors met Jackos calm form.

"It's a rough modification but it will work for now." Jacko said as he leaned back in his chair. He glanced out the window to see if the storm was still blowing. It was. It would for several hours. The storms of H'grin were some of the worst ever recorded. He then looked back at my studious form.

"How may I be of service , sir?" I asked as I looked between Jacko and Volcrath. The devoranian sat in silence eating. I do believe this Jacko to be his master.

"I need to know if you know my employer." the man known as Jacko asked as he leaned forward on the table.

"Who might your employer be sir?" I asked as I looked at the brown robed human.

"Vheng Karnig." Jacko said slowly as he rubbed his two hands together in anticipation.

"Vheng Karnig?!?!" I asked excitedly. "Vheng Karnig is my master! I of course know Vheng Karnig!"

Jackos expression dropped from one of seriousness to one of surprise. His hands stopped their fidgitting and he leaned even more forward into the table. The devoranian continued to engulf his meal.

"You know Vheng? " Jacko began "I.. I.. where is he? Is he here?" Jacko smiled as if he was overjoyed.

"My master took a leave but he will be returning. He had some business to take care of elsewhere but he said that he would be arriving no later than tomorrow evening." I said happily as the men before me seemed happy that I could somehow lead them to my master. The devoranian was even grinning horn to horn now as a piece of his rations was hanging from his mouth. He quickly slurped it into his mouth. Jacko smiled at Volcrath before looking back at me.

"This is Master Karnigs home that he has claimed as his own. He does so love to move about the planet every so often. He does get so tired of the same location after a while." I said as the two men began to laugh at one another. Volcrath shook his head as he wadded up the silver packaging his food had been in. Jacko turned back to me.

"Then can we stay here?" Jacko asked as he continued his smile. "At least until the storm passes."

"But of course!" I said happily as I raised my arms slightly upwards." I would enjoy the company oh so much! This is splendid! I shall go retrieve some cots for the two of you. This storm will blow through the night and well into tomorrow I regretably inform you. However you are both welcome."

I went to retrieve the two men their cots as they laughed to one another still. I knew my master had quite a few organic employees. I did not know who they were nor what they did. That was not my business. He usually kept me within his home in the G'jarn Mountains doing small chores and analizing old Jorucean script. I rarely saw any outsiders. This was going to be delightful indeed. At last company to entertain!

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 206.228.214.241
Jacko Kragar

Broken Back Button

Member # 50

posted 10-12-2000 04:00 AM     Profile for Jacko Kragar   Author's Homepage   Email Jacko Kragar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The storm was still raging outside . The house that Volcrath and I occupied was dark and quiet. The droid that was obviously in the employ of my boss stood silent now as he rested against his recharger. All I could hear was the howling of the wind outside and the ocassional snore from Volcrath who was sleeping on a cot with his mouth slightly ajar not to far away from me.

I shut my eyes as I leaned back against the wall. I sighed . I could only wonder what my employer would say when Volcrath and I invited him to join us for a visit to Desolist. I snickered. I sort of felt bad for Volcrath. My employer had always been a bit on the mysterious side but unyielding to others who pressured him. I was sure that Desolist had given Volcrath orders to insure my bosses deliverence. Poor devoranian. I placed my hand against the bridge of my nose as I held my tired eyes tight.

"Jacko?" a voice in my head questioned. I opened my eyes . I quickly looked around the dark oval home. "I know you can hear me."

Who was this? I did not know this voice. This voice was a new one to me. I had never felt this presense before.

"Listen to me." the voice issued softly. "I have but one thing to say to you. Kill Volcrath. He harbors ill will towards you and your master.Do this and your master will spare you much agony."

The voice faded without responce. Who was that? What was that? I knew this persons words to be true. I knew if my employer was displeased by me leading Volcrath here that I was surely a doomed man. His temper was unseen but rumored to be vile and sadistic. I had just imagined that we could dispose of Volcrath easily once I lead him to my employer. Nervous anticipation coarsed through my veins as I peered about the dark ancient home.

I must kill....

"Volcrath say.." the devoranian mumbled in his sleep as he repositioned himself on the small cot. His legs remained tucked and his arms cradling his horny head. His lips smacked once again before a snore erupted from his lips.

I did hate him. He had made a fool of me in front of many. He had betrayed me and Sasetch to Desolist. He had spoken ill against my family. He constantly bragged on his superior race. He was always first to point out my mistakes! He was indeed an irritant in my mind.

I slowly scowled as a dark smile spread slowly across my face. I looked to the recharging droid then back to Volcrath. He was out like a baby G'nar. My hands fidgit. My mind races. My heart pounds.

I slowly rise to deactivate the droid. He will not wake from his forced slumber. I quietly then move by Volcraths side. I kneel down beside him and place my hand slightly above his open mouth. I could feel his warm exhale. I leaned in close , tilting slightly to hear him breath. I basked in his life, his soon to be death. I smiled. My fingers slowly curled up like talons ready to strike. His blaster was pushed mentally away with ease.

"Volcrath." I whispered as one of my hands lightly shook his body to wake him. He didn't budge. "VOLCRATH?" a little louder now. His eyes shot open wide as he faced me. My fingers digging into his eye sockets ripping his eyes out with ease. Blood splattered as the devoranian howled in pain. His hands quickly covered the hollows of his eye sockets. I stood back quickly as the devoranian shot up from his cot feeling out wildly with one hand.

"VOLCRATH SAY JACKO.." He screamed in pain. I fed upon ghis anger as I silently stepped out of his way.

"Die?" I asked in a whisper. With a thought I opened the door to the winds that blew outside. Volcrath stumbled towards the door. I pushed him out with my talents.I linked with him mentally.

The devoranian was sucked into the harsh winds of H'grin. He was lifted up off the ground gust and belted with countless sand particles and small rocks. His death was almost instant. One rock found its way into his skull via an exposed eye socket. It lodged deeply within his flesh. His body was carried by the high winds. I smiled as I leaned to pick up Volcraths old blaster pistol. It would do.

I slowly walked about this hollow house and looked about its rather boring interior. I pondered as to what I would be doing now. I knew that my employer would be here soon. I knew that he would guide me. I knew that I MUST tell him of Desolist. I could only wait. Til then, I shall rest.

I turned the droid back on so that he may recharge his energy packs. I rested after washing my hands in the small H'grinian sink. Devoranian blood washes up easy. I then waited with my eyes .. wide.. shut.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Jacko Kragar on October 12, 2000]

Posts: 8 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 63.11.132.28
B-3PO

Member # 0

posted 10-15-2000 08:25 PM     Profile for B-3PO   Email B-3PO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The storm had ended only an hour ago. I was still hoping that the devoranian had a safe trip back to his ship. The being known as Jacko seemed to think that Volcrath had no problems returning to the CX-1 craft that was parked not to far from here. Jacko seemed to be a very friendly character who liked to talk endlessly about his wonderful mother and his two charming sisters. A pleasant being indeed! I can truely see why my master employed this fellow.

"I say sir, you do have more stories than Olive Gransit! I do so enjoy them !" I said standing before the seated Jacko. He puffed on his short smoking pipe as I pored him another cup of steaming Viffee. "I do hope that I am performing adaquately as you wait for Master Karnig to return."

Jacko inhaled a small puff of his Vulch. He smiled as he looked up to me. I held the serving tray steadily as I looked down at him.

"You are doing just fine B-3PO. I am just glad that you allowed Volcrath and I to stay here during the storm."

"Oh , it was not a problem at all Master Jacko. No problem at all!" I exclaimed as I walked towards the small sink in the corner of this room.

Then a proximity alarm went off within me. It buzzed with excitement as the master computer located elsewhere fed me its information. I jerked suddenly as I turned towards Master Jacko.

"Sir." I stated as I sat the tray down into the hollow of the sink.Jacko turned to face me again as he removed his small ornate pipe from his lips."It seems that we have a visitor. It seems that my our master has finally arrived!"

A smile stretched from ear to ear on Jackos face. He slowly rose with his pipe in hand. His brown robes closing around him.

"Good." he said happily.

"I have alerted my Master of your arrival. He says he shall meet us here momentarily." I said excitedly. It had been months since I last saw him.

Jacko smiled as he emptied his pipe in a small ash tray before him. He tapped lightly at the pipe to empty its spent contents.

"We shall rejoice at our masters arrival then!" Jacko said gleefully. He gestured his hands outward in welcoming.

"Indeed, sir!" I retorted as I moved towards Jacko slowly. "He should be here soon."

We waited.

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 206.228.214.82
Gravin Dark

Member # 48

posted 10-23-2000 04:18 PM     Profile for Gravin Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Gravin Dark     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
<IDIOT!>

My back was facing him...

<TRAITOR TO BETRAY TRAITOR!>

He lay on the ground gasping for air...

<MY MASTER IS VERY DISPLEASED...>

His upper body held just above the desert sand as he he breathed heavily, Jacko was beaten. I closed my eyes for a moment before turning to face the vermin. The silver droid stood half in the oval house with his upper body peering out nervously.

" I should now kill you." I said as I walked slowly towards the horizontal Jacko. He raised one of his hands to his throat.He was desperately trying to catch his breath.

"Whaa..ts.. stopping you?" he managed as he turned towards my dark robed form. His left eye swollen shut from the impact my fist placed there moments ago.

"Desolist." I said as I stopped before him. "He feels that if I were to kill you then your master would be displeased."

Jacko wrinkled a brow in my direction. He still heaved heavily as a blood filled cough escaped his lips.

"You should not have killed Volcrath. It was not yet his time." I scolded softly. "You should have allowed things to unfold, Kragar. Now you are stuck with me."

My face remained straight though I wanted to smile as the pathetic being before me. He hated me. I didn't care for him much either. Now that Volcrath was murdered by his hands, it was now my place to meet this mysterious employer of Jacko, a being that my master held a great interest in.

Jacko slowly rose to his feet. He quickly slumped over resting his hands on his knees. His breathing was beginning to return to normal. I could sense that he was tapping into his own gifts to catch is breath.

"Your master will be here soon. I have seen this." I announced."We will wait for him together. We will both wait for him here."

Jacko rose his head to look at me again. His dirty robes and dirty face marked his defeat at my hands. It was a pitty that I was not allowed to kill him.

"So.. be it , Dark!" he hissed as he stood fully erect. The droid was still watching from the small home not more than ten meters away. A small smile wormed across my pitch black face. My yellow eyes focused on him as he faced me. I could sense his hate and his.. fear of me.

"After you.."friend". " I said with an outstretched hand towards the small home. He squinted his eyes at me for a moment before walking towards the small round structure. I followed. Soon, his employer would be here. Soon, I would meet this person that held such a special interest for my own master.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Gravin Dark on October 23, 2000]

Posts: 29 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 206.228.213.230
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-23-2000 06:18 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith sat unmoving, staring with unfocused eyes toward the forward viewport through which the ravening starstreaks of hyperdrive fought for her attention. Beside her, a quiet M'wonBo'o lay, head on forepaws, his massive body snugged against her seat as closely as possible, face tentacle twined about her leg. Occasionally, a grumbling growl escaped the tuk'ata's lips; the Chosen Daughter then merely reached an almost unconscious hand out to stroke his head. Her focus remained forward, her thoughts in an exact 180 degree opposition, her demeanor uncharacteristically quiet as she replayed the events that had happened since Lady Chee's somewhat surprising announcement.

A up-welling of sadness had burst from somewhere deep within her at the Force Master's words. Immediately following this, her next instinct was to rear back in a camoflaguing anger, demanding the Lady complete the task bestowed upon her by Aelvedaar. Was not Gouyen the Chosen One, as stated by the Sith Sorcerer's very words?

Then she had considered further. Perhaps Chosen One Lady Chee was indeed... but in respect to her world and its history. One tied to the Sith, to be sure, but inherent to Selnath.

Graysith, on the other hand, was indeed Chosen Daughter; her destiny spanned not merely one but myriad worlds. Indeed, it would pave the path that the Galaxy itself would eventually set out upon. While it would indeed have been beneficial to her cause to continue on at this time with the aid of Lady Chee and her crew, she knew that of all members in the group of which she was currently a part, she alone was in reality the key element. If she had to continue alone, then alone it would be.

She had then quietly bowed her head respectfully before the elegant Assazi Force Master. "It pains me that we must part ways at this time, my blood-sister," she had replied calmly. "I shall miss your strength and companionship.

"However, I understand that events often occur which are beyond our control, and which cannot be ignored." She smiled a bit wistfully, thinking of all that had occurred to her in so similar a manner; then she continued on. "I thank you for the assistance you have given me to this point, and I rest assured that if the need would possibly arise, I will be welcomed to Selnath, that you and others may join with what Sith Lords I recruit to elicit that which I am destined to bring about."

Now the grin spread out along her features. "I fear that in my efforts so far, my dear sister, that I have not managed to procure so much as a credit. I would be grateful if M'wonBo'o and I could return to you to Selnath, there to appropriate transport suitable to my needs."

Now, a mere three days later, she found herself alone save for her blood-hunt companion, howling through the otherness of hyperspace. The elegant little CloakShape fighter gifted to her by Gouyen was a small but powerful little ship: a silky purplish-black in hue, its durable little frame had been modified to support both forward and rear pivoting ion cannons, an extended life support system, a cloaking device, and a hyperdrive capable of travelling 2.3 past lightspeed. As did the Mantis, the deceptively innocent appearing Darkseed was guided by a cyber-bionic brain. In many respects, the ship was nearly alive, capable of responding to threatening situations by it's own device, and with the speed of a predator altering course in response to the changing trajectory of its prey.

A small sigh escaped the lips of the Chosen Daughter as she shook herself back to the here and now. With only half an eye she watched the various dials and displays as they calmly informed her that all was well with her little ship. She stretched, her hand coming down once again atop the slender head of her sole companion, who immediately turned questioning, pupilless eyes in her direction. She smiled, sensing his concern.

"All is well, dear M'wonBo'o," she spoke softly. "We shall soon reach our destination." The smile stretched a bit more broadly across her features as she recalled how she had received those coordinates, and from who. The lingering glow of a pair of volcanic eyes filled her being with warmth and assurance. Another pair of yellow eyes filled her with a sense of direction and promise.

She patted the tuk'ata's head once more, then settled back more comfortably in the pilot's chair. Behind her lay what was. About her lay something that in reality simply wasn't. Before her...

H'grin beckoned.

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FFF000]"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"[/monger]

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Graysith on October 23, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.164
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-30-2000 06:43 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Darkseed came spiralling into the planet's nightside with the powerful grace of a shadow droid, it's signature well hidden not only beneath it's cloaking device, but also scattered amidst the swirling grains of sand that lacerated the thin air. Within, the Chosen Daughter leaned slightly forward at the helm, her eyes closing halfway as she focussed her thoughts on the surface of the planet below.

He was somewhere out there, hidden among the shadows of this dry and beleaguered world, secreted away as stealthily as a Dagobian dragonsnake. She knew that with the same conviction that she knew of M'wonBo'o's loyalty to her; she had after all come once to this place to meet briefly with him. At that time she had begged for assistance which had never come. In it's stead, a suggestive invitation had been unexpectedly extended to her in return, and that through the flim-flammery of the being she knew as Jacko Kragar.

Thinking of Jacko, she shuddered, reaching out a steadying hand to the tuk'ata who lay at her side. In a flash M'wonBo's head was up, his face-tentacles writhing with concern, his pupilless eyes seeking her violet ones.

//Mistress in fear, hesitation being?// he shot into her mind, sensing her profound distaste of the little trickster. //Needing this One, this ...Jack-ko... killed being, protecting you maybe?//

Graysith smiled a little at the words her faithful companion shot at her. She patted his slender head once more, pausing to playfully tweak a tendril. Her hand then moved to adjust a control, levelling the flight path of her little ship as once again it was rocked momentarily to the side. Beyond it's skin, the ever-present winds howled like a thousand banshees.

"No, my friend," she answered, settling more comfortably in her seat. "This one is not needing to be killed. Merely watched, when we arrive at our destination. But take care; I well remember his capabilities, as well as his lack of soul. I feel he would not hesitate to betray us if given the chance; indeed, it is only because his Master has extended his invitation to me that he has never tried."

She fell silent, concentrating on the distant planet as it flashed beneath her. Reaching out through the rushing, grain-laden air with her senses, she frowned slightly to herself as a familiar signature crystallized in her mind.

Gravin Dark. He was here as well. The frown creasing Graysith's features deepened as she contemplated that dark Hunter, wondering why he was present on H'grin. The last she had known, he was leaving the Mantis, in tow behind his own dark Master, Lord Desolist. The frown turned into a near grimace as the Chosen Daughter reached out with all her talents. Then she sat back slightly, a sigh escaping her. That One's Master was not on this planet, only his ebony-skinned lackey. And he was...

She uttered a small gasp as the essence of Jacko Kragar joined with that of the Hunter. They were together?

Her violet eyes then narrowed as she considered this rather surprising union. There could only be one reason he was with Jacko. Desolist must have sent him to seek audience with the Dark Lord she herself was in search of. Probably to arrange a meeting between the two Dark Sith Lords. Thinking of her all-too-brief meeting with Desolist reminded her of his initial amenity toward her. She smiled, considering further.

Wonderful. The Krayt Dragons were in a shared lair, or at least most likely would be. Much time and possibly wasted effort on her part suddenly seemed to be entirely eliminated from the picture. Desolist already appeared to be leaning toward her and her as yet unspoken destiny; at least, he had sounded eager to pave some sort of union with her and the Force Master she had arrived with. As for the other Dark Lord: he had in turn extended invitation to her, perhaps denoting at least a small interest in her and her affairs.

Quite suddenly the possiblity of holding the two in the palm of her hand seemed to be the most likely and natural conclusion to this scenario. Her smile broadened further as she reached out with her thoughts, at once homing in on the signature pair, then transferring their positions into the cyber-bionic brain of Darkseed. The little ship obediently turned, following its new course as easily as a nek follows a blood-trail.

The Chosen Daughter was quite suddenly no longer concerned with the little Jacko. His Master would see to her safety, should things come to that. Rather, it was the Hunter she knew she was going to have to convince of her sincerity. The path she found herself upon was not only resultant of some pre-determined fate, but now intimately entwined with her own free choice and desire. He had to begin trusting in her and her destiny, so as to take her along with him to Desolist when he returned to their hidden den. He simply had to.

She sat back at the helm with another little sigh, idly stroking the shoulders of her blood-hunt companion. Then her eyes closed, the Glyph on her forehead glowing a steady violet as, with a slight rocking thunk, Darkseed came to rest a few klicks beyond the defining limits of a small town filled with circular homes. In direct line of sight was a singular one, filled with the essences of the vortex and the abyss.

Her gestures swift and direct, she quickly powered down Darkseed to the barest minimum necessary for her continued comfort. Then she settled back, to wait out the storm and the night. They would come for her, she knew. She patted M'wonBo's head, and simply waited.

------------------

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Graysith on October 30, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.189
D'ubus M'kilawba

Broken Back Button

Member # 62

posted 10-31-2000 02:17 AM     Profile for D'ubus M'kilawba   Author's Homepage   Email D'ubus M'kilawba     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"What the hell are you doing here?" Jacko asked as slightly offending every nerve in my body. I stood silently within my armor as I examined the situation. The being know as Gravin Dark stood defensively with his right hand close to his saber. The droid stood behind them both.

I tilted my head forward and focused on both Dark and Jacko. I suddenly knew why they were here. I snarled behind my bulbus helmet.The name "Vheng Karnig" was imprinted on in my mind from Jacko's thoughts. This was who they were seeking, Jackos mysterious employer.

Jacko pointed at me as he turned his feace towards Dark. "Destroy him !" Jacko barked as fluids best kept within ones mouth spit forth. Dark ignited his red saber with a quick snap. He was poised to strike at me in a mere second. This Hunter had improved greatly over the years. I raised my hand, palm flat in Darks direction. The Hunter quickly lost his balance as he collided with an invisible barrier between himself and me. The Hunter swayed but remained standing. He glared at me with his burning predatory eyes as he searched out a way around the wall that I had erected. Jacko was fumbling behind him.

"You are the one who disrupted my masters plans on T'lyx" Dark said in his deep, shaded voice."I have felt your presense before. I felt your energies as the treasures of Magroo ignited into an unholy wave of dark energy."

The Hunter focused not on the barrier now, but on me. He indeed did recognize my signature, at least the signature energies that I wanted him to recognize. I smiled once again beneath my large rounded helmet.

"WiSe ArE YoU , DaRk. At LeAsT WiSe In ThE ObVioUs." I retorted through the helmets voice processor. He scowled in my direction as he lowered his red saber."I KnOw WhY YoU ArE HeRe."

Jacko stood still now a good three meters behind Dark. B-3PO stopped his fidgiting and lowered his metallic arms and joined Dark and Jacko in focusing on me.

With little effort I held Dark and bay with the barrier between us. I slung my blaster rifle behind me as I reached for the connections to my helmet. *phoot* One released. *phoot* Another released. I slowly placed both hands on top of my helmet. I raised it off my head at a sneethers speed with my face still tilted slightly forward. I lowered the helmet to my side as I raised my head to face the three before me.

"Seus?" Jacko asked as his face drew up in question.

"That is one name I go by." I said as a I smiled slyly in the trios direction. "I also go by Vheng Karnig."

Dark remained silent and still as Jacko tilted his head to the side. B-3PO just listened.

"You look nothing like Vheng!" Jacko protested as he threw his arms about. His robes spilling sand from his previous engagement with Dark as he thrashed within the small oval home.

"And you my dear Jacko look nothing like a back-stabbing koloneese worm but you are. Care to explain?" I asked calmly as I smiled at the young mental case as he began to relax.

I looked back again at Dark . I crossed my ragged robed arms and stared him right in his yellow eyes. He thoughts, his plans.. they were now mine. I smiled.

"So Dark, tell me why Desolist sent you here. I assume that he wants something from dear Jackos employer." I sighed as I smiled."Please, do ask. I am most curious."

Jacko stood silent as he glanced towards the back of the Hunters dark robes. B-3PO remained behind Jacko in silence, the way I liked him. I eagerly awaited the hunters reply as I met his eyes with mine, we were both unyielding in this stare contest. My face straightened.

"You will tell me why Desolist sent you here." I ordered as my words washed over the Hunter with great force. His stare was broken as he wasjolted from my command. He could only comply. "Tell me now."

Dark seemed dazed, almost in a trance as he began to speak. I listened as Jacko and the droid watched on.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by D'ubus M'kilawba on October 31, 2000]

Posts: 6 | From: | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 206.228.214.108
Gravin Dark

Member # 48

posted 11-20-2000 03:10 PM     Profile for Gravin Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Gravin Dark     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
*nUmB*

*FIGHT!*

*number still*

*ReSiSt!*

*SCREAM!*

I placed my gloved hands to my head as I feel to my knees before this Vheng, Jackos employer. His power was great and he was not afraid to let me feel it. Tears poored from my eyes as I fought the probe that Vheng was unleashing against me. It felt as if someone were sticking me in my skull with thousands of tiny needles. My brain burned as Vheng stood calmly before me. I was giving my all to resist and it showed. Vheng hardly flinched as I sat upon my knees in agony before him. I could not concentrate any longer.

"I will tell you all I know!" I confessed as my eyes drew shut from the continued agony. I could not tolerate this agony anymore.

A smile wormed across Vhengs lips as I felt the weight of a thousand worlds lifted from me. I fell forward catching myself with my hands before falling face down on the ground.Jacko stood silent behind me.

"Speak then , Hunter!" Vheng commanded as walked slowly past me towards Jacko. I had spent all of my energies fighting his mind probe. I was to weak to fight him. I wanted to kill him . My master would not allow this. I know even though Vheng had ruined his plans on T'ylx, he was still interested in this mysterious being. I slowly rose with my head tilted down to face Vheng .

"My master simply wishes to seek an audience with you." I began as I concentrated on getting my energies back." He wishes to discuss something unknown to me with you. I am merely a servant of Desolist. He tells me little."

Vheng smiled to himself as he placed an arm around Jacko . Jacko stood bug-eyed and perfectly still. The droid remained mute as well.

"I offer you a meeting with Desolist." I continued as the small olive skinned man leaned against Jacko." My ship is waiting."

I stood silent and waited for his reply.

Posts: 29 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 206.228.214.227
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-21-2000 11:39 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A small and insistent beeping pierced the quiet of Darkseed. It broke through the near-trance into which The Chosen Daughter had placed herself to more efficiently pass her waiting time, drawing her into the reality that someone was aware of her presence here on H'grin.

Or perhaps not, as the case may be....

Shaking her head to clear it, she turned her eyes to the communication screen before her. There, strange symbols scrolled. A broadening smile crossed her features as she suddenly recognized the script as being Assazi. Lady Chee was seeking to contact her!

Then the smile faded. The message was succinct, if a bit mysterious.

"Upon receipt of transmission, instructions are for your immediate departure from H'grin for Kaladore. There you are to await for unfolding events. You will know what to do as those events transpire.

"End of message...."

Graysith sat back rather quickly, blinking to herself in growing surprise. She was not to seek out Malice, or even Lord Desolist, who seemed so eager to meet with her? Instead, she was to dismiss a practically "sure bet" for an unknown destiny on a world she had never heard of before?

Why?

Her inner questions were quashed beneath a darkly loving tendril of otherness which quite suddenly wormed into her mind in confirmation. There it briefly lingered, washing away her inner trepidations and reactive rebuttals with a wave of insistent and powerful assurance. For one final moment it licked at her very soul... then faded and departed back into the hidden fortress from whence it had come.

Grayith smiled a bit to herself as she recognized that departing tendril. Then she leaned forward to restore full power to the quiet Darkseed. In short order it was fully powered up, waiting her final command.

A slim hand reached to caress M'wonBo'o between his ears. "It looks as though we must depart this world for another, my Faithful One," she announced in a soft voice. "However, I feel we are not abandoning that destiny we would have found here. We are merely postponing it."

The howling wind and battering sand particles were no match for the roar of those engines which thrust the little Cloakshape fighter heavenward. They did, however, succeed in covering the indentation within the ground upon which it had rested, effectively masking from view the fact that it or the Chosen Daughter of the Sith had ever been upon this bleak and desolate world.

------------------

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Graysith on December 21, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.181

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e