my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » The Gates of Kha'har Nag'a

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: The Gates of Kha'har Nag'a
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 07-29-2000 11:57 PM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Mantis circled around the rocky escarpment like some giant, misshapen bird of prey, then settled down on the rocky plain below. A soft hiss of outgassing and a ramp slowly extended to the ground. A dark-robed figure, one known as Gouyen, cautiously descended, then turned to signal her companions down the ramp. She was soon joined by three others: another human garbed like her, a canine and a saurian. A quick touch on her wrist com closed the hatch and retracted the ramp while the motley group headed over to a large ruin that lay close by. They all stopped at the remains of a massive ceremonial gateway. Gouyen looked up, studying the glyphs carved into the rock. "This is the place," she announced at last, "Kha'har Nag'a, capital of the ancient Sith, home to the empire's rulers, priests and magicians." She looked thoughtfully down at the ground, scuffing it with the durasteel-tipped toe of her boot. She looked up again and added in a nearly inaudible voice, "We will see what the coming of the dark Jedi destroyed."

The party passed through the gate and soon reached a large square which fronted a massive pyramid. "Like the ones at Yavin," the other human breathed.

"No, not quite. Yavin's pyrimids were designed by Exar Kun; these are of a much older design." Gouyen pulled a luma lamp from her utility belt and ducked into the low entrance of the pyramid.

"Lady, are you sure we're safe?" the other human, a younger woman, asked.

Gouyen shot her a withering glance. "Saleen, I trained you and I know your capabilities; only you can set your limits. You must learn to trust in yourself."

Saleen hung her head, abashed. She pulled out her luma and followed Gouyen into the pyramid. A steep, narrow stairway led down to what seemed to be a ceremonial chamber, scarcely three meters square. A large stone table sat in the center, a dim square of sunlight falling on it from a sort of ventilation shaft that lead straight up.

"What this place for is?" chirruped the saurian.

"I'm not sure, Xanx, but it seems to be very similar to Assazi ritual pyramids. If it is...."She let her thought trail off, unfinished and began searching the walls. A flaw in the otherwise immaculate rockwork revealed a concealed doorway; using a gentle touch of the Force, she was able to open it. A crawlshaft led deeper into the structure. Gouyen crawled in first, then the canine, then Xanx, with much complaining, and finally Saleen. The shaft sloped slightly and ended at another shaft, this one vertical. Gouyen peered down into its stygian depths, the light from her luma getting lost in the darkness.

"Is this it?" wuffed the canine in oddly accented Basic. "Down or back?"

"Looks like it," replied Gouyen. "Robi, why don't you come here and tell me what you smell."

The canine, whom she had just called Robi cautiously walked to the edge and sniffed. "Nothing but stale air and dust and...."

"And what?"

Robi shook herself as if trying to clear both her mind and body. "Something... something I can't quite put a name to. But there /is/ something down there."

Gouyen twisted herself around so that her feet were at the edge of the shaft. "You can Force-jump and join me or you can stay here -- whichever you prefer," and she dropped down the shaft. She seemed to fall for an eternity and landed on a soft, dusty floor. She signaled with her light, "Made it -- who's next?"

Robi came down next, landing lightly in the dust next to Gouyen. She signaled her safe descent with a howl, then Xanx and finally Saleen joined their master.

"What is this place?" asked Saleen, her voice echoing eerily.

"I honsetly don't know," Gouyen replied in a hushed voice. She reached out with the Force, tenatively, searching. Suddenly she noticed Robi's hackles rise. "What is it?"

Robi stood there bristling, her nose twitching and the tip of her tail flagging. "We are not alone here," she growled.

------------------
Never underestimate the power of the dark side....
*Gouyen*

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.179.198.74
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-30-2000 01:34 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She stood back in the shadows of the Antechamber of Rites, silently observing the group poking about the central altar. There was once a time when she would have strode in, hard and haughty and angry, like some wrathful goddess, demanding explanations, listening to none. The events happening to her over the past few months, however, taught her a bit of self-control, introduced her to the concept of calmness and the utilization thereof, instructed her in the art of taming the Beast within and channeling its ravings into far more useful avenues than blind anger. Not that she never got angry any longer; far from it. Aelvedaar had just taught her to direct that anger in a more useful manner.

As now, for somewhere deep inside she was seething. Strangers here! This deep into the Shrine; how could they have slipped in without her knowing of their arrival? Unless, unless...

She tilted her head a bit to the side, watching the canine sniffing about, tail carried low as the unfamiliar surroundings were questioned. Cast a quick glance at the reptilian being, who was doing its utmost to remain calm after hearing the words the canine just uttered. Passed her gaze over the younger female (/younger! ~ avert thoughts away from that one, away from.../) and let her eyes rest intently upon the older female in the group. Noted her long braid, tucked into her belt. Her obvious warrior dress. Her calm demeanor.

And the fact that she was sensitive to the Force. And perhaps... not totally in the way of a jedi.

A slight grin curled her lips as she continued to watch the group. Finally came to a conclusion. Quietly lifted her head; sent out a thought. Her smile tightened as she saw the canine's head jerk up.

"M'wonBo'o," she thought into darker shadows yet. "Come, my friend. I may have need of your assistance."

From the shadows, a lithely darker one dropped beside her. Looking somewhat like a cross between a Tatooine sandcat and a saurian, dreadlock-type tentacle/whiskers adorning his slender and deadly head, six-inch fangs and ten-inch razor claws threatening anything that would dare attempt to endanger them, the Tuk'ata was indeed a creature to be either respected, or most carefully reckoned with if one made the error of not. He thought back into her mind, //Danger here, Mistress? Destroy them for you and the Sire shall I?//

Graysith smiled, reached out and gently tweaked a tentacle. "No, my friend," she thought, being careful to shield her thoughts from the little foursome, who even now were beginning to show their discomfiture by peering somewhat anxiously about. The warrior-female, Graysith noted with satisfaction, had placed herself strategically where she had the widest field of view, and yet was afforded the most cover. "Clever," Graysith smiled to herself. "I like that. But why are they here?"

She looked over to M'wonBo'o, who crouched beside her, his three-and-one-half meter length crunched into an impossibly tight little ball of solid muscle, ready to spring. Graysith placed a steadying hand upon his head. "Come with me, my companion, and let us see what this group is all about."

With that, flanked by the Tuk'ata, one slim hand upon the hilt of Rora'Kessh, her battle sword, the other covered with the Claw of S'slan, ready to concentrate and focus all the Darkside power at her disposal, she strode abruptly into their midst. The Signature upon her forehead glowed a glorious and vibrant ultraviolet.

"Tell me, " she called out to them, inwardly chuckling at the picture they presented as, in one movement, they all whirled to face her. The chuckle threatened to burst out into dark laughter as the canine and her dear companion M'wonBo'o stealthily approached each other until they stood, respective tails quivering and lashing, nose-to-nose, neither daring to be the first to so much as growl.

"Tell me, do you always come creeping about a person's dwelling without formal introduction of yourself?"

------------------
"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"
--Graysith, Chosen Daughter of the Sith

[Edited 3 times, lastly by Graysith on July 31, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.152
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 07-31-2000 12:26 AM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Gouyen whirled to face the voice and aimed her luma in that direction. The light revealed a strangely clad woman with a strange, glowing sigil on her forehead and with one hand resting on an ancient Sith sword. By her side crouched an ancient and fell beast -- a tuk'ata. Guyen's focus shifted slightly and she noticed that the amulets of concentration that were fastened to the backs of her hands were glowing with the same ultraviolet radience as the sigil on the strange woman's brow. She took a deep breath -- this must be the Temple's Guardian. Such beings were rumored to exist and now she had the proof standing before her, challenging her right to be where they were. She brought her hands together, raised them to her forehead and bowed in a gesture of reverance and respect.

"My pardons, O Ancient One, for disturbing your rest. My companions and I come in search of knowledge -- knowledge of the True Sith, the ancient race that was once enslaved by the exiled Dark Jedi and made to serve their purposes. I wish to learn the truth -- are my people, the ancient race of the Assazi, true blood-kin to the ancient Sith."

Her speech done, she turned her attention to her companions. Robi was already nose-to-nose with the tuk'ata and Xanx, never shy in such matters, had just joined in. He was intently staring down the great beast with his huge, blood-red eyes, feathers ruffled, sickle claws tapping a nervous rhythm on the floor. The sight of the three creatures sizing each other up was enough to make her burst out in laughter, laughter which sprang through the barriers she had raised against it and poured out in a raging torrent. Saleen looked at her strangely, then at the others, and she to started laughing. Behind the laughter lay one thought -- the Guardian had better be good natured with a sense of humor or they were all nerfburgers.

------------------
*Gouyen*

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.179.198.25
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-31-2000 12:19 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The words uttered by the woman so obviously in charge of the little group stopped Graysith in her tracks. Her head tilted a bit to one side as, her violet eyes never leaving the dark ones before her, she contemplated them. A part of her had to chuckle, the response generated surprisingly by the pewter-eyed Beast within. Over the past months she had first been hailed as "Uber Jedi." Then as a "goddess" and " god-Incarnate." Now "Ancient One," and.... Gently, she put forth a mind probe, easily by-passing the shields this warrior had emplace within her brain. "Guardian...?"

Truly this was all amusing, but the amusement held somewhat bitter overtones. When would she ever be recognized as Who she really was? Shaking her head inwardly, she again devoted her full focus to the dark-robed woman, who now was bursting with laughter, as was her younger companion. The sentient beasts, however, remained frozen in a threatening tableau, the Saurapian's nervous tapping acting as counterpoint to their echoes of amusement.

Graysith let this continue on for a few seconds more, assessing the situation. The fact that the amulets on the woman's hands glowed as did her own Signature did not escape her discerning eye. Neither did the air of integrity which flowed forth from this group as a tangible aura. Their combined strengths were such that required no devious machinations, as well as brooking none in turn. Truly a strange combination in Darkside users... but a welcomed one. Graysith cast one last look toward the woman and the girl; should it come down to bare bones, the girl would be easily overcome, the woman as well, but with effort. The two sentient beasts likewise would be taken by M'wonBo'o, although indeed the battle to that end, though glorious, would be hard-fought. But with her abilities and the Potential within, combined with the steadying support of Aelvedaar, she had no qualms about winning this particular battle... if it came down to that.

However, she really didn't think it would. There was something about this foursome, something that seemed to offer a means of filling a void within herself which she did not even know existed....

With a loud and genuine laugh of her own, Graysith moved forward, sliding Rora'Kessh easily back into its sheath from which she had raised it slightly in preparation for the unknown. While M'wonBo' didn't move a centimeter, she felt the stab of surprise and unease which he shot toward her. //Mistress, overcome you with dark designs have these? To give my life in your sake for that, ready am I//

The sentients felt that thought as well. The raptor froze in mid-tap, feathers immediately fluffing so as to appear larger and more threatening. The canine tightened her crouch infinitesimally, ready to spring. Graysith merely continued forward, her hand raised palm out, Claw pointed away from the group.

"Be easy, my friend," Graysith spoke the words aloud, letting all wonder exactly to whom they were intended. As a result, all relaxed a fraction. She pressed further.

"Guardian of this place I am not, Stranger, and thus unaware of the answers you seek. There is One here Who may be of assistance to you, however. I would take you to him at his leisure.

"Meanwhile, know me as who I am." She extended her her Claw-adorned hand to the warrior woman, palm up. "I am Graysith, Chosen Daughter of the Sith. And, dare I say it: Sister, I bid you welcome to Korriban."

------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.51
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 07-31-2000 03:18 PM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The laughter died down as the strange woman spoke. Her words were proof of the old adage: assume makes an ASS of U and ME. Gouyen relaxed fractionally and waved a dismissively calming hand at the beast sapients. No need for that here and now, she projected and watched as feathers unruffled, fur sleeked down and lips uncurled. The three sapients, altough somewhat more relaxed, were still on their guard, as well they should be until the stranger's intentions were truly sorted out. To that end, Gouyen extended a tiny feeler of energy to the mind of the one who had just called herself Graysith. Her first impression was of infinite, untapped power -- but it was raw power, more of a potential than an actuality. The skill and experience to command it were not there, not just yet. But the potential there was vast, almost frightening in a way, the way anything that is large and unknown is frightening. If it did come to blows, she had no doubt that she and her companions could take her. She then took stock of her intentions -- they were guarded, not overtly hostile, perhaps even leaning towards friendliness. Certainly none of her actions were particularly hostile, merely guarded.

Gouyen raised her hand, leaving the luma suspended in mid-air, and spoke. "Greetings, Graysith. A thousand pardons for my error -- the tales of tomb and temple guardians were much in my mind when I first saw you, so I made the understandable mistake of taking you for one in a place where I expected no others. My name is Gouyen Chee, Force Master of the Assazi. The others are one-time apprentices of mine, all Adepts in the Force in their own way. This," and she gestured to the younger, smaller woman at her side, "is my assistant and First Apprentice Saleen; the canine is Robidougge, or Robi, a Cybernian wolf-dog, a naturally Force-using race; and the saurian is Xanx, a Saurapian from Selnath. As I told you when I mistakenly called you 'Guardian,' I am in serch of artifacts and clues from the ancient Sith, ones that could hold the keys to my own heritage."

Gouyen took hold of the luma and twisted the bezel so that it illuminated the circle they were all standing in. "You said that you know of One who could be of assistance to me. I would be honored to meet him -- at his leisure, of course. I am merely a guest in this place and submit myself," and she cast a glance at the rest of her company, "ourselves to your hospitality."

------------------
*Gouyen*

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.179.198.108
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-31-2000 06:31 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Then come."

Graysith turned her body slightly to the side, gestured with the Clawed hand. To all intents and purposes she gestured toward a solid stone wall, overlaid with roots and fungi. Dry-rot integrated itself into the root system, giving an almost skeletal appearance to the dried and withered organics which struggled for life so far beneath the surface.

For a moment the group balked where they stood, the young Saleen shooting an uncomfortable glance toward Gouyen. The Force Master however, fully knew how deceptive mere appearances could be; without hesitation she stepped forward.

She was stopped by a light touch upon her arm. "Please." The word uttered by the Chosen Daughter was soft, almost respectful. Gouyen stopped in turn, as Graysith waved the others on ahead of them. M'wonBo'o took the lead, partnered with the wolf-dog. They made quite an incongruous-looking pair as they stepped forward together, the quasi-feline striding easily and lithely ahead, the Cybernian trotting to remain by his side, both pretending to be utterly at ease and neither one quite succeeding, each one refusing to take his/her side-cast eyes off of the other. Behind them came the ruby-eyed raptor, flanked by the young and still nervous Saleen. Xanx's deadly gutting claws tapped a light staccato as they moved away, the Saurapian's steps somewhat shortened by the pace set by the Tuk'ata. Behind them, Graysith's light touch kept Gouyen back with her; as they watched, the foursome reached the stone wall... and disappeared.

Graysith raised a quick palm in response to the flash of anger which rose in the Assazi's eyes. "Be at ease, Force Master," she spoke. "M'wonBo'o shall lead them to quarters, where they shall find refreshment made available to them."

She stopped, tilting her head to the side. A far-away look dimmed the violet hue of her eyes, as she appeared to listen to a voice no other ears could discern. After a moment thus, she jerked herself back, looked at the waiting and still somewhat angry Gouyen, smiled. The movement swift and easy, she removed the Claw of S'slan from her hand, affixed it to the thrimm which hung, it's satiny surface covered with strange and beautiful Sith runes, from her waist. "This is no longer needed," she announced, although admittedly Gouyen was unsure as to whom those words were directed.

There was no question about the words which followed. Still smiling that easy smile, looking up to where the Assazi Force Master towered a good six inches over her, Graysith spoke. Her words were almost gentle. Her eyes, darkening with an inner welling of vast power, reflective of eyes much older, much wiser... and much more dangerous, affixed themselves to Gouyen's.

"Why is it you need to know of this possible ancestry, Lady? To what end would you put such Sith artifacts that you should find?"

------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.197.182
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 07-31-2000 11:51 PM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Gouyen watched as her companions vanished, seemingly into thin air. A moment of surprise, which Graysith mistook as anger, crossed her features, then quickly changed to accepting calm at Graysith's explanation. She was mildly annoyed that Graysith held her here when she to would like some refreshment and a chance to relax -- as well as a full explanation of the whys and wherefores of how Graysith got here in the first place.

She settled herself with a breath and studied the runes on Graysith's garments. The strange sort of apron that she was fixing a rather lethal-looking claw to was covered with them. But every time she was on the verge of deciphering their secrets, their forms melted and changed into something new. More mysteries to unravel. But they would have to wait until Graysith's question was answered: "Why is it you need to know of this possible ancestry, Lady? To what end would you put such Sith artifacts that you should find?"

"There is an old legend among my people, the Assazi, that they were descended from a Sith tribe, one who stood up against the Dark Jedi and who were slaughtered for their resistance. The refugees escaped and found another homeworld, and another, and another, until they landed on N'dena. There they settled and prospered and forgot their origins, until the Old Republic came calling. They wanted the Assazi, for their reputation as warriors and for being Force-sensitive to an individual. Varying degrees of sensitivity, of course, but it was a universal trait for the race. N'dena entered the Republic and many of its sons and daughters became Jedi knights. But as Jedi, they were flawed -- too quick to go to the dark side. The Jedi Council interdicted N'dena -- no more were the Assazi to be apprenticed to the Jedi order. After creating our own order of Jedi," and a subtle stress put verbal quotation marks around the word, "scholars began to search for the reason why we were so susceptable to the dark side. Then someone happened upon the old legand that we were descended from, or at least related to, the ancient Sith people. This was not accepted in many circles, however, and the search went on. But now," and a note of satisfaction crept into her voice, "I am on the brink of making the final discovery that will verify that legend, that will make us, the Assazi people, the true heirs of the Sith."

Gouyen waited as Graysith absorbed all that she had told her. She nodded in understanding. Gouyen went on, eagerness now shading her voice. "And there is also an ancient prophecy that foretells of one who can wield both the dark and the light and who will bring about a rebirth of the Sith." She stopped all of a sudden and stared at Graysith as if she had just seen her for the first time. Her black-in-black eyes widened imperceptably with a growing realization. "You called yourself the Chosen Daughter of the Sith, didn't you?" Graysith nodded. "Then...," she trailed off, her expression speaking volumes, "You are her."

------------------
*Gouyen*

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.179.198.40
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-01-2000 11:03 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Utter silence followed in the wake of the words Lady Chee spoke. Graysith allowed that silence to expand, remained unmoving as it welled out to engulf the two of them with a deceptively velvet touch. Upon its back, that quiescence carried a wealth of suggestions, a universe of possibilities, each one of them writhing, twining, interlacing with others, then branching out to project its own uniquely individual future. Though appearing to gaze into the black eyes of the elegant Force Master, her face utterly expressionless, Graysith's focus was light-years away. For a long moment she remained frozen in this manner, as if lost in some secretive assessment of this latest in a growing list of designations. Then new animation came across her features: her eyes darkened even further, filled with encroaching elan, the Signature upon her brow rising in brilliance to where it hovered almost painfully on the edge of the visible and invisible.

The movement she made was quick and graceful and took Gouyen quite by surprise. Her eyes fell closed. A slender hand reached out and up, laid itself upon the Force Master's cheek, slim fingertips placing themselves upon the Lady's temple and jaw and bridge of her nose. The tendril of energy Graysith now sent in turn into the mind of Gouyen was as irresistible as oncoming Death; it easily slid past the mental barriers it found there, erected in instinctive self-protection. Probing, searching, hunting... it sifted deeply through the Life of Lady Gouyen Chee, inspected the Knowledge forged so carefully within, acknowledged the Power laying in wait, like some farrow bird ready to swoop...

...and withdrew, along with the hand through which its current had flowed. With its departure, Graysith seemed to shiver, her opening eyes resuming their former violet hue, the Glyph backing down the electromagnetic spectrum to where it was once again merely a strange and magickal sigil embedded in her forehead. The smile she offerred the waiting Gouyen was genuine; the accompanying words perhaps a bit mystifying.

"It reflects honor, and is sufficient."

Then she bowed slightly, extending an arm out to her side. "You must now pardon me, Lady, for this lapse in my manners. I am aware you are tired from your travels, and would seek rest and reunion with your companions, as well as answer to your questions. Prepare those questions, for indeed they shall be resolved.

"Come with me now, and we shall join the others. Our House is yours."

With that, she turned and led Gouyen toward the same spot into which Saleen and the Sentients had disappeared. The tall Assazi did not hesitate, but fell in step with the Chosen Daughter. Following the aperture between passing seconds, the fissure dividing matter from energy, they left the dark and somber chamber for a room full of opulence and warmth and light. Before them, a group awaited their arrival: Saleen and all three Sentients stood about the large and well-appointed room they now found themselves in, all but M'wonBo'o taking careful note of their new surroundings. The Tuk'ata merely padded over in front of an immense stone fireplace, stretched, flopped to the floor, and began cleaning it's claws.

All appeared as normal as one could expect to find in a mysterious, totally renovated chamber hidden away in ruins almost ancient beyond belief. Yet somewhere not quite totally hidden away, was the tickling Presence of Another....

------------------

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Graysith on August 02, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.176
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 08-02-2000 09:44 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
//I remain hidden, here among the shadows of this place. I observe the group just entering into the room I have made for their well-being; I sense fatigue and hunger therein. Daughter, you are neglectful in this matter....

//I lift my arm, and food appears. The Tuk'ata, used to such miracles, pads to the table I have provided, seeking meat. My Chosen Daughter merely smiles a bit to herself; careful, my young one....

//Then I sigh a bit in turn. Descretion is indeed the better part of valor, but only when necessary. Perhaps now, not? I allow the tiniest tendril of my essence to invade their minds. Not enough to reveal myself unto them completely, but enough nevertheless.

//I wait then, patient, to see what questions may thus arise, to see how my Daughter handles them, to see when I need step forth and truly into the history of the remainder of Time....//

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Aelvedaar on August 02, 2000]

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.177
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 08-02-2000 08:48 PM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The well of silence which followed her question deepened into an abyss, a black hole that threatened to engulf them completely. Then a swiftly unexpected move from Graysith, who reached out to touch her face. Gouyen recognized the gesture and countered, setting up her mental defenses in such a way so that Graysith read only what Gouyen wanted her to. Almost as quickly as it had happened, it was over, and Graysith smiled. "It reflects honor and is sufficient," she said rather enigmatically, leaving Gouyen yet another riddle to ponder.

As Graysith apologized for being remiss in her manners, Gouyen studied her in her turn. The power that she had sensed earlier was still present, but as a latency, signaled by the quiescent sigil on her brow. That mark was itself an object of question, as well as the young woman's presence on this otherwise uninhabited planet. There was no question that she was not alone here -- the mystery, and possible danger, was who or what else was. She was deep in her own thoughts when Graysith led her to that seeming spot in the wall where the others had vanished. She looked at it with a shift in focus, and saw that it was a sort of portal that had been covered with a skillful bit of illusion. Following her hostess, she felt a slight rippling as she passed through the portal and stepped into a luxuriously appointed room, looking like something from an ancient fairy tale. An immense fireplace took up one wall, with the tuk'ata lying in front of it, nonchalantly grooming itself. Her apprentices, for she still thought of them in that way when they were together under her guidence, were scattered about the room, trying to get comfortable. Robi was giving the tuk'ata barely concealed dirty looks while sniffing around the room, looking for a comfortable spot. Xanx's feathers were still at 'half mast' and his large red eyes were dilated slightly. Saleen showed her discomfort the least, but Gouyen could tell that her first apprentice was none too comfortable in this place.

Food and drink of all sorts suddenly appears on the long table that stood over on one side of the room, across from the fireplace, adding to the fairytale ambiance of the place. Robi and Xanx, being closer to their instincts, and a little more aware of their bellies, cautiously approached the table while Saleen shot her master a meaningful look. //There is another here,// it said, to which Gouyen silently replied, //I know -- I sensed him when I entered this place.// Another look to her apprentice said that it was now time to eat and they both stepped up to the table. A variety of food, with dishes to tempt even the most finicky palate, was presented on gold and silver plates. Golden pitchers held refreshing beverages and silver goblets stood by, waiting to be filled. Gouyen picked one up and poured for both herself and Saleen, and then she helped herself to the heaped dainties on the table. Robi and Xanx needed no second invitation and quickly helped themselfes, squabbling mildly with the tuk'ata over who gets the best bits of meat. Gouyen gave them a mental nudge, reminding them not to overeat lest they get groggy. Both of the humans were moderate in their appitites, and now, feeling comfortably full, their minds seethed with questions. Gouyen started.

"I have answered your questions, Graysith, and now I would that you would return the favor. How did you become 'The Chosen Daughter of the Sith'? How did you get here? Who is training you and is he the unseen presence that we sense here? Who are you?" She fell silent and waited as her barrage of questions struck home.

------------------
*Gouyen*

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.179.198.61
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-03-2000 02:08 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The smile faded a bit from Graysith's features as Gouyen's words came at her as hammer blows. Her first instinctive reaction was to recoil in stubborn anger; how dare anyone throw questions such as these at her, and in such a manner! Then she caught herself, inwardly flailing at the Beast who had taken this small opportunity to attempt gaining the upper hand over her emotions once again. Thought about the situation. Once again put herself in the shoes of this Force Master. Indeed, wouldn't she be just as inquisitive, and righteously so?

The brief flare of anger died aborning. Her fading smile stopped somewhere shy of a grimace, her eyes grew distant, as if seeing something far, far away. Without really taking notice of the others in the room, Graysith spoke, her voice deceptively soft.

"It is a long tale to tell, Lady Chee, of who I am and how I came to this place. I am-- I am Graysith, the Chosen Daughter. For as long as I can remember, this is who I am, and all I know, all that is imprinted upon my brain, is that all I do is for the glory of the upcoming new Dark Age, for the Resurrection of the True Sith and their Alliance into a new Empire."

She paused, closing her eyes, as if visions of what she was about to speak proved too painful to bear. "It is my quest, was my quest, to seek out He who would trigger that within me, that which I have borne for as long as memory serves me, but which bore no fruit until he touched me...."

A face, the planes of it the very epitome of strength, the eyes flaming dark and beckoning, rose hauntingly before her. A remembered touch indeed, one of velvet-gloved iron. Iron Hand.... A visible shiver ran through her slender frame; by the fireplace, where he had retired with a choice haunch of some animal, M'wonBo'o raised his head, growling with concern. Graysith merely ignored him; then her head jerked upright, her eyes flew open, flaring violet. The Glyph upon her brow flared in perfect mimickry. "Circumstances arose where it was necessary to flee this Dark Lord of the Sith, and my sire brought me through space and time to this place, to continue my training in the Dark Arts and those of swordplay and sorcery. And here, while out maneuvering with M'wonBo'o, my dear blood-hunt companion, did I meet with you and your entourage.

"Other than this--" She shrugged her shoulders in seeming nonchalance, although the darkening of her eyes gave deeper meaning to the simple gesture. "There is not much else I can tell. When I am ready, I shall go out with the purpose of uniting the Sith together, for only through unity is there true strength, and only that strength will resurrect the Old Ones. I, the Chosen Daughter, am implemental in this, for I hold the Power through which that Resurrection will come about. It is the All, all Force combined, and it resides in me. In that it does, I am Chosen.

"But how--?" She frowned, a slim hand raising to her brow, as though chasing an answer there which only remained stubbornly elusive. Something deep inside her, deeply hidden, something almost completely forgotten screamed for recognition. On a level that was almost primordial, she knew if she acknowledged that mote she would go mad. She looked up, searching into the dark eyes before her. Stammered. "I-- I...."

Fell silent, not knowing what else there was left to say.

------------------

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Graysith on August 03, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.152
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-03-2000 02:24 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
//The Time has come. My Daughter does well, but it is clear this Force Master, as she calls herself, is worthy of greater explanation. While my Daughter did not sense the entirety of her thoughts, I most assuredly did, and easily. I found honor there, and sufficient Knowledge and strength to be useful to us. Found a jewel to be prized more highly of all: a common goal.

//And so now I step out, out of this small place between one second and the next, where I have been hiding all along, enticing them with a whisper of my Presence. With a mere suggestion of the true Power that can and will be brought forth into this time. With the standard that might indeed prove this one's heritage....

//I rejoice in the looks I receive from them all. "She knows not, Lady Gouyen Chee, why she is what she is," I announce myself. "She knows that she is, and that this is also sufficient.

//"But ye seek greater understanding; so be it. She is Chosen because I have reached out across the millennia and have taken her. Have placed That which we found too late within her. There it resides quiescent, albeit not dormant, until needed in its entirety. And 'Daughter of the Sith?'"

//I step forward, my demeanor regal, the horns upon my head intimidating as I know are the twin suns of my eyes. May she now behold that from whence she came. "She is 'Daughter of the Sith,' because I am Sith."//

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.152
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 08-04-2000 07:08 PM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Gouyen listened to Graysith's explanation with interest, using her eyes, her ears and her mind to get her full meaning. Her pause spoke volumes -- a man, darkly powerful, one who was once -- loved? She watched as Graysith shuddered with the memory, and the memory quivered, darkened and turned hostile. The glyph on her brow flared and was echoed by the amulets on the backs of Gouyen's hands as she continued. As she finished, Gouyen felt a rising tide of exhaltation within her. The Chosen One has been revealed to her! Then Graysith stammered to a halt, a mixture of puzzlement and confusion -- and another spoke for her. A strangely hollow resonance, as if coming from far away, the voice was joined by an apparition. A strange apparition, horned and robed in an ancient style, a style seen only in holovid stories and her holocron, a style once worn by sorcerers of the ancient Sith. He explained her origin, that he himself had chosen her and that she is the daughter of the Sith because he himself is Sith. The announcement of his race was anticlimactic -- Gouyen had figured that when had first shown himself. She just sat and gaped in awe at the mysterious figure who had just called himself Sith. Even a Master of the Force, one with as much experience as her, had a right to gape, however undignified it may seem. She quickly regained her composure, stood and bowed to the mysterious figure.

"I see that the time has come upon us to begin anew, to build a new Sith Empire. The ancients have spoken and chosen," and she nodded in the direction of the specter. "I myself was informed of such events long before, in a holocron that I found in the rubble of Yavin 4. That is where I learned of the prophecy of the Chosen One, and for a long time I believed that I was the one." She smiled ruefully. "Now I see that that is not the case." She paused, hesitantly eager to take the next step. "I would be honored, O Ancient One, if you would accept the services of myself, my comrades and my ship. We are at your service."

------------------
*Gouyen*

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.179.198.232
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-06-2000 01:15 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
//I smiled to myself, hearing the words coming from this woman warrior. Though body type may have evolved somewhat, I noted with pride that the passages of millennia had not diluted the traits of honor and dignity inherent to the true Sith. Investigations of my own whilst hidden away in the Khar Delban temple revealed to me that those calling themselves "Dark Jedi" were responsible for that decay of honor throughout time... decay at the cost of inter-breeding as well as in-fighting and squabbling amongst themselves for what was perceived to be greater Power than ever before commanded.

//Power indeed. Soon forthcoming, if all went according to the Timeline I have foreseen.

//I turned to Gouyen, reaching out to place a clawed hand upon her shoulder. My other arm went out to my Chosen Daughter who, realizing the impact of this moment, was standing a bit wide-eyed. I placed my other hand on her head, by this small gesture reminding her of Who she was. She quieted, listening as I spoke.

//"It is pleasing to hear this courageous and honorable offer, my scion, as pleasing as it is to discover your presence in this time. You do your forebears proud, Lady Chee. And thus I take you to task in this.

//"There are many preparations I must make in this time, in order that your Prophecy, indeed that of our civilization as well, may come to pass. One cannot simply bring an entire world, dead for millennia, into glorious life without affecting the current Timeline in myriad ways. To this end, I must stay behind, secreted away here, working my magicks."

//I paused, looking into the violet eyes of my Chosen One. They were a bit wider; I easily read the apprehension she was feeling as she sensed my meaning. Catching my look, she shot a plea into my mind. *My sire,* the tone was respectful, even if a bit pleading. *Do not depart from me. I still need your strength to complete that which is within me.*

//My smile deepened, embedding itself into her brain like a flaming brand upon a herd-beast. *Do not fret, my Chosen One,* I responded, easing the trembling found so deep within her she was unaware of it. *I shall not play traitor with you as did the Dark Lord you... still love?* I paused a moment, considering this emotion discovered within her, quickly contemplated its implications and the impact it could have upon our designs.

//The presence of that still-flickering flame must have registered at last; somewhere within her, a door slammed shut, closing off to me the image of that dark and powerful proclaimed Sith Lord. I was a bit surprised at the strength with which that door had closed. Then my smile broadened.

//*Indeed, my Daughter,* I thought to her. *Your strength improves by the minute. You need only believe in yourself, and now in this blood-descendent who has offered her services to us. Still your qualms.*

//I turned back to the waiting Force Master. "Lady Gouyen Chee, my blood-heir, I charge you with this Chosen Daughter, and in giving her every assistance in completing her destiny. Should she still need formal training in any of the Arts, Dark or otherwise, I charge you with this task as well."

//I honored her by giving her a short, formal bow. In the background I heard several low gasping growls as the sentient beasts took in this gesture; the young warrior who accompanied this Lady about dropped to the floor in shock at my next words. "You once thought you were the Chosen One. Indeed, to your homeworld, you may be at that. Chosen One and Chosen Daughter; the first union for the Glory of the Sith Empire."

//With that, I departed from them. There was much to prepare for.//

------------------
I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.214
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 08-08-2000 02:03 AM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Gouyen received the Ancient One's benediction with all the reverence that it deserved. Her eyes shone with pride as he entrusted any further training of Graysith to her. She was about to thank him for his honors when he vanished into the same nothing that he came from. Gouyen blinked and quickly regained her composure. "Now it has fallen to us to continue with the Great Plan. But before we go to my ship, there is one thing I would like to do." She swiftly pulled a knife from her belt and slashed her right palm. Then she grabbed Graysith's right hand and did the same thing. Grasping Graysith's hand in her own, she uttered this oath: "By the power of the ancient Assazi, I swear this blood oath that Graysith shall be as a sister to me, with all the honor and responsibilty that this entails. And if she dies by the hand of another, I swear to avenge her death as long as I live." She released Graysith's hand and turned to Saleen. "Next," she said with a grin as her first apprentice held out her hand for the ritual slash, and she repeated the ritual. Robi was next, receiving her slash on the wrist so as not to hinder her walking, and finally Xanx. The Saurapian seemed to be fascinated by her glowing violet eyes and kept gazing at them like one transfixed.

"You special are; I it see," he warbled. "You my honor nestmate now are." He bobbed his head a little and cocked it to one side, his version of a smile. Gouyen smiled -- the Saurapian, for all his formidable appearance, was a good judge of character. She then turned her attentions to M'wonbo'o, the tuk'ata and Graysith's blood-hunt companion.

"Since the Assazi belive that all living things are bound together, I would like to include M'wonbo'o in the blood-oath circle," she told Graysith. She nodded and beckoned to the massive creature over too her. M'wonbo'o got up, stretched, yawned and slowly padded his way to his mistress. //Yes, mistress?// he silently asked and butted his massive head against her body. Then he saw the knife in Gouyen's hands and was immediately on his guard. //Kill her, shall I?// he asked.

Graysith stroked his head, calming him. //No, no -- you are to swear a blood oath to her and to the others, and she must cut you for your blood.// Blood was something that he understood, so he patiently lifted a massive paw for the cut. A swift slash and it was done; Gouyen had wrapped her hand around M'wonbo'o's foreleg and was swearing the oath, pleasantly surprised to here its echo from him in her head. In turn, each of the others swore to him, with Robidougge showing extreme reluctance.

//I have to swear to /that/ thing?// she silently asked Gouyen. M'wonbo'o "overheard," and silently bared his fangs at Robi as she swore. Xanx was the most gracious, bowing and nodding in his own peculiar fashion, one formidably equiped hunter to another.

"I have had you all swear this oath to one another in the ancient tradition of Assazi warrior companies -- because we are warriors united for a cause -- the return of the Sith."

With Graysith's guidance they left the temple and boarded the Mantis, Graysith marveling at the strange geometry of the craft. "There are Sith elements to the design geometry that make it invisible to scanners -- it is functionally a cloaked ship. You are in good hands, sister," and she smiled warmly at the shorter woman. "Go ahead and make yourself comfortable -- we'll meet in one standard hour to discuss our next course of action."

------------------
*Gouyen*

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.179.198.143
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-09-2000 01:28 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith sat upon the edge of the bunk in the quarters assigned to her by Gouyen, looking about the room. It was as uniquely beautiful as the ship's owner. One could not say that the room had four walls, as it seemed almost ovoid in design. All about her, the egg-like casements rose smoothly and seamlessly to meet with ceiling, one wall lined with viewports revealing the multi-colored stars beyond. The dark floor, nearly black in color, was shined to a deceptively slippery-looking mirror finish, yet was made of some material that offered good footing to the room's occupant. The walls themselves, darkly shiny at their bases, lightened perceptibly until their uppermost parts were a pale silvery gray, matching and blending artfully with the ceiling. Here and there hung tasteful pieces of artwork from different cultures, carefully chosen in rich shades of indigo and violet and deep teal, matching the bedding and the thick throw rugs tossed about. The room was pleasingly large, considering the size of most spacecraft quarters in general, and furnished with bunk, sink, a small table paired with two comfortable-looking chairs, a closet/dresser, and a private head.

At the moment it was almost entirely filled by the intimidating form of the tuk'ata. The great cat-lizard paced forward three shortened steps, turned gracefully (if awkwardly), then paced back another three. His ten-inch claws clattered upon the floor, which stubbornly resisted being scratched.

//Understanding this all, now must I,// he purred into Graysith's mind as he paced back and forth. //Pride-brother to all beings here now am I.//

"That's right, M'wonBo'o," Graysith affirmed with a soft smile. "You may consider them all as an extended pride, if that makes it easier for you." She stood up, made her way to the closet/dresser, there removed and hung her cloak. Her back to the tuk'ata now, she began unbuckling Rora'Kessh from her side. The Claw of S'slan she kept affixed to her thrimm, however; likewise, a small but deadly dagger remained buckled to her leg. Though seemingly wrapped up with these small adjustments to her accoutrements, she was not unaware of the great beast's answering look.

His lashing tail threatening a particularly delicate piece of artwork, M'wonBo'o crouched. His deadly fangs bared themselves as he snarled silently. //Also includes that-- that creature, it does?// he growled haughtily. //Warrior not that is, to this one obvious fact is shown.//

Graysith paused for a brief moment. Quickly hanging Rora'Kessh alongside her cloak, she turned to the tuk'ata, holding out her palm to him. "This mark is one of honor, my friend, and binds us all together throughout eternity. Be cautioned, mere words and appearances can be deceiving."

Indeed. The thought sparked another; from within came a vision equally as deceptive. One dark and hard and strong; the uttered, "You are the one to fulfill this Darkness before you..." equally mocking. She closed her eyes at the sudden flash of pain which flooded her. M'wonBo'o was at her side with one step, responding to the sensation he felt emanating from her. //Mistress...?// his query came into her mind, seeking to offer what small assistance he could. He butted his head against her, a tentacle twining around her waist. //Saddened are you?//

For a long moment Graysith let his concern hang within her mind. Considered his words. Considered what provoked them...

...and within her soul, The Beast was let loose at last. It yowled in dark joy at its freedom, whirled about inside her, clawing and scrabbling through the careful buffer of ice she had erected within, cracked it into myriad pieces, finally coming into contact with the small and lone kernel of warmth. One vicious slash exposed the image of the Dark Lord; another clawed paw was raised high, a victorious howl richochetting within her in utter silence, the paw swooping down now...

...to come to rest about the image, cradling it. The Beast lifted its Dark Head and let loose one final chilling caterwaul of blinding rage. Then it hunkered down about the image, snarling and slavering in unthinking fury, drool dripping and red eyes glaring into the recesses of Graysith's inner being.

Her violet eyes darkened, flashed in reflection of the ones within. "No, my dear blood-hunt companion," she whispered, her voice as cold as an iceberg floating on some dark and depthless sea. And as an iceberg, the majority of the meaning of the words she spoke was hidden from the listener's awareness. "Saddened? No, not saddened...."

Taking a deep breath, she forced The Beast into submission. Turned to M'wonBo'o, to all outward appearances calm and collected once again. Placed a slim hand on the tuk'ata's head, smiled down upon him. "You will find our new companions to be as honorable and worthy to you as you have been to me, my friend," she smiled. "Be not surprised in that perhaps one day Robidougge will be shown to be the most worthy to you, as well as a cherished friend. As I hope Lady Gouyen Chee will become to me."

She laughed at the look the tuk'ata graced her with. "Come now, it is time. Let us go find our new companions, and decide where it is we must travel. The road ahead of us is a long one indeed; the sooner we begin to walk upon it, the sooner will our mutual goal be achieved."

------------------

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Graysith on August 09, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.173
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 08-14-2000 04:43 PM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Gouyen entered the relatively spartan surroundings of her cabin and secured the door. She wanted no interruptions for what she was about to do.

"Manni?" she asked the ship's droid intelligence.

"Yes, lady?" a pleasant alto voice replied.

"Make sure that I am not disturbed for any reason short of a life-threatening emergency. And issue a general announcement in an hour for all beings on board to meet in the mess hall."

"Consider it done."

Gouyen sighed and turned to her desk, where a touch-lock opened a secret compartment. Hidden within it's securely padded receses was a strange, tetrahedral object. She gently pulled it out and held it in the palm of her hand where it soon warmed to her touch and the milkily crystaline sides began to shimmer with a strangely opalescent glow. She passed her other hand around the crystal several times in a spirialing pattern, then held it above the object as she concentrated. A sort of vapor, with the same opalescent sheen as the crystal, began to form around the object, spiraling in the same pattern as her gesture. It finally coalesced into a human form.

"Ah, Gouyen, how nice to see you," the eight inch high figure purred. "How has your voyage been faring?"

"Enough with the pleasantries, Tyla," she snapped, "I have some questions for you, specifically, what has been going on with other dark side users in the galaxy, such as any and all self-proclaimed Dark Lords."

The figure stood there, meditatively stroking his black goatee. "Hmm -- Yavin 4 has been blockaded by a large force that belongs to a certain Darth Wicked." This news caused Gouyen's eyebrows to jerk up in surprise. "And a number of systems have been taken over by one Darth Atma," he added, twirling one end of his long, Fu-Manchu style moustache.

Gouyen stared out into space, lost in thought. There seems to be a pattern, one of history repeating itself. The Sith War... Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma.... "Have you noted any relationship between these two attacks?"

The figure smiled. "They both originated from a place I know well -- Khar Delba. Looks like a couple of upstart Sith Lords who need to be taught their manners." He chuckled, then suddenly turned serious. "Gouyen, you have something you're not telling me, something important. What is it?"

Never could hide anything from that cagey old sorcerer, she thought, then aloud, "The prophecy about the Chosen One -- I've found her. It's time."

The figure lost all sense of playfulness; his onyx eyes widened and his face took on a whole new seriousness, with more than just a touch of menace. "Tell me about her."

"You'll learn about her soon enough -- in less than an hour. And we need to find a confluence of dark side users, other then the Assazi Combine, of course, that we can influence and use to carry out the prophecy. Have you seen any such?"

The figure turned thoughtful for a moment, twirling his moustache. "There's been an increase in activity in the T'lyx system, which is ruled by a certain Lord Desolist...."

Hmmm, sounds probable, she thought. But she would like to consult with Graysith about it first -- her experience might tell otherwise. She turned back to the holocron. "Stand by -- in less than one standard hour you will meet this Chosen One and help us decide on a plan of action." She passed her hand over the holocron in a cutting-off motion, ending the conference before Tyla could object. She had a lot of thinking to do, and one hour was hardly enought time to do it in.

------------------
*Gouyen*

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Gouyen Chee on August 14, 2000]

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.178.128.222
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 08-14-2000 05:25 PM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"This is a general announcement: all sentients are to report to the messhall aft for a meeting. Repeat -- all sentients report to the messhall. Thank you."

Ah, good ol' Manni, Gouyen thought as the droid intelligence's alto voice roused her out of her reverie. She rubbed her eyes, got up and pocketed the holocron before unlocking the door and leaving her quarters for the messhall.

She came in last, a perogative of her rank, and surveyed the scene. She noticed that Robi and M'wonbo'o, the tuk'ata, were facing off against one another on opposite sides of the room. She could sense the barely concealed enmenty between the two. While personality clashes often arose, she just hoped that they would be able to work with one another when it was really needed. Xanx, she could tell, would be no problem; he was perched near Graysith at such an angle so as to gaze with fascination into her violet-hued eyes. Graysith seemed to return the favor, seeming to study the barely visible patterning on his body feathers. And Saleen -- well, was Saleen. Life on the streets of Couruscant had made her pretty tolerant of just about anything -- except taking insane chances. She was Gouyen's conservative counterpart, which is why, long after the master-apprentice bond had been formally been severed, they still worked together. Besides, she was an incredible fix-it wiz, a handy person to have on board, even if the ship had a droid brain.

"Greetings everyone," she said without preamble. "We are gathered here to determine our next course of action." She gently placed the holocron on the table and swirled her hand about it. An eight inch high holofigure of Tyla Naas appeared.

"Greetings to the assembled...." and he came to a complete halt when he saw Graysith. Everyone was silent, waiting for the holofigure's response. "So it is true," he murmured. "You have indeed found the Chosed One, for I recognize the mark upon her forehead, an ancient Sith rune of power." He paused for a moment in thought, then straightened up. "I advise this as your plan of action -- go to the T'lyx system to meet with Lord Desolist and bring him under your sway. Then you will be able to take on the other so-called Sith Lords one by one." He looked at Graysith with a penatrating stare. "I would like to know your history, Chosen One. I am Tyla Naas, once a lieutenant to Lord Naga Sadow. Seeing his failure and exile on Yavin 4, I made this holocron and encapsulated my life force within it. After 5000 years of inprisonment, I was freed by the Lady Gouyen Chee here, who generously gave me a body." With this, the figure smirked; Gouyen scowled and shook her head. "But that is neither here nor there," he continued, without missing a beat. "Since I regained flesh, I have been working towards the re-establishment of the Sith Empire, mostly through the workings of the Assazi Combine. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I am your servant," and he winked playfully before resuming a serious demenour.

------------------
*Gouyen*

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Gouyen Chee on August 14, 2000]

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.179.198.126
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-15-2000 05:58 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For the barest of moments Graysith merely stood silent, observing the image presented in the holocron. To all outward appearances she was calm, almost to the point of seeming indifference. Inside of her, however, a rising storm boiled. "Another Sith Sorcerer to assist with our travels!" she thought to herself, "albeit by his garb and the words he speaks being one of Sith-Jedi lineage." She briefly pondered whether she ought to call upon Aelvedaar in this, then refrained. He undoubtedly was already aware of the existence of Tyla Naas; by his silence he was letting her know that she was in no danger.

She bowed her head in token respect to the powerful sorcerer. "Ah, but it is I who should be servant to the Lieutenant of Naga Sadow," she began, her voice soft, the Glyph upon her forehead quiet. "And in that we both recognize this in each other, perhaps neither should pay undue homage to the other, but together we shall all work toward our common goal?"

She raised her head, her violet eyes twinkling briefly. Then she became serious. "There is not much to tell of myself, Tyla Naas," she continued. "Chosen Daughter I am, which you know. Into me was emplaced the power of All Force Combined, to the end that it be utilized in the raising of the Old Sith Empire. To this end, the assistance of all Sith Lords is necessary, as I have not the strength to accomplish this alone."

She paused a moment, her eyes turning to Lady Chee and her company. "I am proud to have been able to take the first step on the path toward this goal, by meeting and taking up with Lady Gouyen Chee, blood-heir to the Old Sith." She brushed her gaze around the assembled group, letting her violet eyes linger momentarily affixed with those of Xanx, whose feathers shivered in response. Continuing on now, the appreciative look swept lightly to Robidougge, who watched the ongoing events with evident interest, if the tongue lolling between her durasteel-tipped teeth was any indication. From there she glanced at M'wonBo'o, frowned to see the obviously guarded look on his face as he glared at the wolf-dog. //Take care, my friend,// she cautioned him. //We are all blood-linked. This is not a good introduction to the Lieutenant of Naga Sadow//

The tuk'ata jerked a bit guiltily. Then, in seeming nonchalance, the great beast lifted his muzzle to her face, his look as innocent as his tentacled and six-inch-be-fanged countenance could manage. //Thinking not thoughts as these, Mistress// he protested, then subsided into claw-licking obescience.

Graysith smiled a bit in response, noting out of the corner of her eye the apparent humor in the visage of the Sith Sorcerer as well. Continued the sweep of her gaze, to where it came in contact with Saleen. Young Saleen, who reminded her so much of... She frowned, backing away from a niggling vision just beyond her reach, coming round at last to look steadily into the dark eyes of Lady Gouyen. "Proud to be blood united with my-- my sister, Lady Chee," she finished, albeit a bit awkwardly.

Abruptly she changed the subject. "I do not know of this Desolist, Tyla Naas," she went on, the tone of her voice firmer now. "It is my greatest hope that with our combined strengths, as well as the sincerity of our endeavor, that he will be induced into joining us in our cause. I do see trouble in the future however, with the Dark Lord who calls himself Wicked." For a moment, the Glyph on her brow flared ultraviolet, matching the darkly brooding look that flashed into her eyes. "It is when we must face him that I hope we may rely on your proficient strategic devices," she then continued smoothly, as if nothing had happened, "as well as those of Lady Chee. For I have already faced this Dark Lord once, and in that failed entirely in meeting my objective. I fear, due to this, he may prove adversarial, closing his ears to that which benefits all Sith.

"Hopefully when that time comes, your wisdom or that of my blood-sister shall prove greater than mine. For in this regard, I am truly at a loss."

She stopped suddenly, aware of how great of a tangent she was travelling along. Smiling a bit ruefully to herself, she ended with, "Is there any other question you might have of me, Tyla Naas?" She then waited in silence, her quiet outward demeanor giving lie to the demons that howled and raged within her.

------------------

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Graysith on August 15, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.56
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 08-18-2000 05:23 PM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The holofigure of Tyla Naas listened quietly to Graysith's speech, gazing intently at her as she scanned the room. "I see you have some misgivings about me, Chosen Daughter. Allow me to dispell them. Although I am of both Jedi and Sith blood, my spirit is one with the ancient Sith. And my former master, Naga Sadow, was also partial to the ancients in many respects, although his Jedi blood gave him boundless ambition. While ruthless to those who opposed him, he was fair and just to his followers, earning their respect instead of merely demanding it like so many of the others. He was also a student of the old Sith sorceries, things that the dark Jedi had forbidden because they were too powerful, too scary. He had no fear, no limits -- and that led to his downfall. I have learned from his mistakes, and have no plans of repeating them."

His gaze swept the room, finally lighting on Gouyen. His saturnine features broke into a wide grin as he looked at her. "And you, I know all too well." he said, jabbing a finger at her. "You would be wanting to know more of this Desolist character who I have advisied that you pay a visit to. Well," and he turned and consulted something that wasn't visible in the holoimage, "this so-called Lord Desolist took over the entire criminal operations of a Hutt gangster named Gordoz. Seems that they kept treading upon one another's toes, so Desolist took matters into his own hands and relieved tha galaxy of one Hutt." His expression became sardonic. "And it just happened that this particular Hutt had a sizable space fleet of some 200 vessels, all of which are now under Desolist's command."

Gouyen's expression grew serious at this news. "And you're advising us to walk into that vornskyr's den and say, 'Hi, we're here to be your allies -- let's go'?"

The holofigure's expression grew mirthful at her remark. "No, my dear, not at all. Now, how would you hunt a kriath?"

"You track it and study it's movements, and -- ahh, covert operations," she finally exclaimed.

"Of course -- know thy enemy," chimed in Saleen. "And of course, the Mantis isn't exactly your everyday freighter, so we can't really go waltzing in there like we owned the place."

The holofigure looked at Saleen and smiled. "The student teaches the master now," he quipped. "Gouyen, sometimes you are too much the Assazi warrior -- or perhaps too much the Jedi...."He scowled at her. "Sometimes you forget the value of stealth, my dear. So go to the T'lyx system and study it. Then, and only then, can you meet with Desolist. Keep in touch," and the holofigure vanished into an opalescent swirl.

"Well, " said Gouyen with a barely visible shrug, "we have our orders. Prepare to go to the T'lyx system, with entry 15 degrees above the ecliptic. That should get us out of the space lanes without being so far out that we look suspisious -- not that this ship shows up on sensors." She rose, the others following her lead into the Mantis' cockpit.

"Manni," she said to the ship's droid intelligence, "plot a hyperspace jump to the T'lyx system and prepare for takeoff as soon as you've done that."

"Time for some action, Lady?" replied the voice. "Oooh, this is going to be fun." Gouyen could almost hear the grin in the droid's voice.

"Alright, all hands prepare for takeoff," she announced as she strapped herself into the captain's chair. Saleen took her acustomed spot as co-pilot while Xanx and Robi took up their specially designed posts at weapons and engineering, respectively. Graysith and M'wonbo'o made do with the observation/passenger seats.

There was a soft whir of repulsorlifts powering up, the mechanical clankings of the landing gear retracting and the Mantis was off, looking like some sort of giant, misshappen bat as it ascended almost vertically, bound for the T'lyx system.

------------------
*Gouyen*

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.178.128.119

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e