my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » General SW Discussion   » ANH

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: ANH
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 09-09-2005 11:04 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey I was wondering something about ANH. If the Empire was so intent on crushing the rebels why didn't they send out TIE's to fend off the rebel fighters or begin using their laser batteries from a further distance?

Personally if I was Vader I would've sent out multiple TIE squadrons ahead of the Death Star so that they could take care of any opposition until the base was in firing range.

[ 09-09-2005 11:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sarisa Ker ]

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.5
Sellith

Member # 625

posted 09-10-2005 03:25 AM     Profile for Sellith   Author's Homepage   Email Sellith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Because it is a movie and the rebels would have probably lost if Vader did that. And as someone on this forum said (can't remember the members name) 99% of movies the good guys win.

--------------------

The Jedi are the true evil.

Posts: 84 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 80.195.130.214
Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 09-10-2005 11:14 AM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're forgetting to take two things into consideration:

1) He DID send out ties, albeit not very many.

2) "This Battle Station is Invincible" are you honestly going to believe that a few squadrons of snubfighters could possibly hurt your "oogle credit project weapon"?

--------------------

"Gods are make believe friends for Adults. The only true god is that of science."

Posts: 102 | From: The Prison of our Minds | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 71.208.62.206
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 09-10-2005 08:59 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Sellith looks like you have a twin. j/k fellas.

Yeah I know that not much opposition was sent to fend off the rebels for movie's sake. But I just don't agree with how the Imperials entered the situation. Especially if they truly wanted to crush the rebellion in one fell swoop.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 64.136.49.226
Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 09-10-2005 11:01 PM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yet again.... EGO.

--------------------

"Gods are make believe friends for Adults. The only true god is that of science."

Posts: 102 | From: The Prison of our Minds | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 71.208.76.150
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 09-10-2005 11:45 PM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That might have been me, I brought the statement up a couple of times. You all know, the god-like power giving, incredible luck blessing, allowing you to pull off impossible stunts, power of the good guys. That's why they alway's win. It doesn't matter if the Empire has a fleet of starships that was 100 times larger than the Rebels (at the time of ANH. by ROTJ, the Rebels had done alot of damage, but they were still probably outnumbered 40 to 1, and their capital ships weren't as powerful as the Imperial Star Destroyers), and the fact that a space station that size would have had hundreds of thousands of fighters to protect it, even though it was designed to repel a large scale, capital ship, attack on it, there would have been no story if Luke Skywalker had been killed in the attack, along with Leia, Han, Chewie, Wedge (the only minor character to survive the movies), and the greatest portion of the rebel's earliest suporters. I mean, who would want that dark, evil, and insidious (yes, that is a punt) Emperor Palpatine to rule the galaxy? Not me, no, never the me who supports the Dark Side of the force, who enjoys watching the scene of Luke Skywalker being blasted with lightning over and over again cause it makes me happy. No, not me...

Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 69.233.49.126
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 09-12-2005 11:48 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOl Well thank you for that bit Sa'kal'ishaalas.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.5

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05