my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » General SW Discussion   » Eat, Eat, Eat?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Eat, Eat, Eat?
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-15-2003 03:04 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What kind of foods we're ate in the Star Wars Universe?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 04-18-2003 07:30 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After reading the RP boards, the only things I see very often are NERF STEAKS and JAWA JUICE... LOL

I do recall DASH eating a SQUINCHA BEAN SALAD once. LOL

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-26-2003 12:31 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I once heard of Rancor beef--but maybe it was made up in the role playing. They made it sound like a rare kind of beef and very tasteful. It also repersented great power, and many princes, princesses, kings and queens ate it along with some Senators.

I don't know though, it may be made up, but it sounds right.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 06:41 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I m not too sure on food but i can give you a list on the drinks

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 09:36 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gimme baby! lol

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 07:10 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can compile it and e-mail to you....in the mean time here are 3 most well known ones...
Corellian Ale
Agarous Ale(Neimodians' love this)
Ruby Bliels(Anakin Skywalker's favorite)

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 07:14 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never knew it was okay that a Jedi could drink ale or any form of acholic bevarage?

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 07:17 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Of course it's ok.....Ep2..Obi wan goes to the bar and orders some wierd glowing blue alchaholic drink(the name is not mentioned in de book).....Corran Horn and Kyle Katarn frequently drink too.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 07:22 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm, I wonder why it isn't against the code. It could involve one falling to the Dark Side, because actions out of character can be taken when drunk.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 07:39 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and what would the code be....
"there is no Alchahol, there is good health"
or "there is no drinking, there will be no liver problem" ha ha

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 07:43 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
or bladder problems.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 07:46 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YEa, Yoda would say
"Should you choose the alchahol, forever will it dominate your destiny, you will become an agent of the toilet"
HA HA HA HA hA *koff* hmm sorry..

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 07:48 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No...more like.

"Hmm--I see the bevarage you take within you, bad for you it is. If you continue, death will come you, yes, yes. Bladder troublesome it will be, well as puking situations. Hmmm..."

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 07:51 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha HA ha ha ha ha ha.....i love Star Wars jokes....(as well as spoilers)

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 05-21-2003 10:35 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*shakes head* yodda would never say such things, yoda would say

"hmmm...a great drink i sense within you, yes... Share it you must, give it to me you will... Never will your training be complete, for denied me you have... Yess... To the bar i must go, punish you later i will..."

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.201
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 10:36 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yoda doesn't drink.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 11:49 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's not that he doesn't drink, it's that he can't drink.....he's bankrupt.

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 05-22-2003 06:28 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Poor Yoda. Broke is he, yes.

his job, lost it is. As killed were the JEDI. Left tho teach, there are none.

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-22-2003 06:34 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my thoughts exactly....

--------------------

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 07-22-2003 06:23 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This list is long overdue. Finally I got it done.

Drinks
Abrax Cognac:
A pale blue, alcoholic distilled spirit.

Aitha:
This protein drink is consumed by spacers to keep their bodies healthy during long runs. It is served hot.

Anoat Malted:
This is a rich, sweet beverage has a deep, smoky flavor.

Bantha Blaster:
A green and pink alcoholic drink that fizzes and pops as it goes down your throat.

Bespin Port:
One of the finest port wines created in the galaxy.

Bubblezap:
This was a form of chanpagne enjoyed by the citizens of the New Republic, even during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion of the galaxy.

Chandrilan Herb Tea:
Brewed from leaves grown on the planet Chandrila, this tea was known for its soothing properties.

Chimera Blitzer:
Made mainly out of lox and rocket fuel, this is a high-energy drink that is usually served in very small shots.

Ebla Beer:
This ale is brewed from ebla grain on the planet Bonadan.

Flameout:
A spicy red drink that burns the tongue and freezes the throat.

Juri Juice:
A ruby- or blue-colored, mildly intoxicating drink.

Lomin Ale:
A frothy green ale with a bitter, spicy flavor, it is the drink of choice of many members of Rogue Squadron.

Lum:
A fermented, fiery ale, it is a favorite of most members of Rogue Squadron in their off-duty hours. It has a sweet and not unpleasant soapy taste.

Norvanian Grog:
An expensive and potent intoxicant from the planet Ban-Satir II, it is made on the island of N’van in the planet’s northern hemisphere.

R'alla Mineral Water:
Known for its purity and medicinal benefits, this liquid comes from springs in the underground caverns of the mountain town of R’alla on the planet of the same name.

Red Marrik:
A potent liquor made from a red fruit native to Cyborrea; it is a sour and extremely fruity drink.

Whyren’s Reserve:
A rare, expensive Corellian whiskey., it has an amber color and crisp, woody aroma. It is an especially attractive black-market item.

Food

Ahrisa:
This was a spicy food featured in many cafes on Coruscant.

Bepp:
A genetically-grown food created in Bith hydroponics tanks. Bepp is grown into a 6-centimeter pink cube, and is nutritious but tasteless.

Dianoga Pie:
A disgusting meat pie made from dianoga flesh.

Dustcrepe:
This was a grilled food which was favored on Tatooine during the early decades of the New Republic. Dustcrepes were often served with Nausage as a breakfast meal.

Nausage:
This was a grilled food which was favored on Tatooine during the early decades of the New Republic. Nausage was often served with Dustcrepes as a breakfast meal.

Nerfloaf:
This was a meat pie made with salted nerf meat.

Thakitillo:
This green food was considered one of the galaxy's most delectable dishes, during the early stages of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion of the galaxy. A curdled dish, Thakitillo was known for the tangy explosion of flavor experienced when the curds were crushed against the roof of the mouth.

Yanskac:
A creature created by the shapers to serve as a nutritious food source. The scaled, segmented worm has a set of biting cheliped mandibles and a fence of dorsal spines that inject poison into a careless or masochistic handler.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 07-22-2003 07:45 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for taking the time and putting the list up.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 07-22-2003 10:24 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No Problem

--------------------

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 164.78.252.54
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 02-11-2005 11:41 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thornspice Ale: (intruduced in the New Jedi [anakin] series) A drink made of the juices from a local thorn, that Obiwan once drank while searching for Granta Omega. It nearly burned his throat through.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 09-09-2005 06:43 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Most of those things don't even sound the least bit appealing to me personally.

Though my characters might have a different point of view.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.5

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05