my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » General SW Discussion   » How many years between Episodes 4, 5 and 6?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: How many years between Episodes 4, 5 and 6?
Boba Fortuna

Member # 182

posted 06-05-2002 05:45 PM     Profile for Boba Fortuna   Author's Homepage   Email Boba Fortuna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Episode 2 (Attack of the Clones) happened 10 years after Episode 1 (The Phantom Menace) . Im assuming Episode 3 (name as yet undetermined) will be 10 years after Episode 2 (Attack Of The Clones).

Any guesses how many years the events of Episode 4 (a New Hope) will be in the future from Episode 3? Im guessing at least 20 years, concidering Luke's young age.

I assume Episode 5 (Empire Strikes back) was only 5 years after episode 4 (A New Hope) , and episode 6 (Return Of The Jedi) only a year after episode 5 (Empire Strikes Back). What do you all think?

regards

Boba Fortuna

[ 06-05-2002 05:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Boba Fortuna ]

--------------------

Boba Fortuna

Posts: 16 | From: Boston | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 134.241.17.113
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 06-06-2002 01:39 AM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Episode III is suposed to take place about 2 years after Episode II, according to Lucas interveiws.

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.51
Big Evil Tree

unregistered

posted 06-07-2002 03:36 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'm guessing that 5 is around half a year or less aster 4 then 6 is around yet again half a year or more after 5 cause luke has to have time to build his new light sabre
Logged: 62.30.0.2
Lord_Andromeda

Member # 184

posted 06-08-2002 06:17 AM     Profile for Lord_Andromeda   Author's Homepage   Email Lord_Andromeda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my brother has this factfile on the dates of the major battles. I've used this to say that episode 1 was 32 years before the battle of yavin (Ep 4). there is a gap of ten years betwwen Ep1 and Ep2, and i would estimate there is a 2 year period between ep 2 and 3. Thsi would leave a 20 year break between 3 + 4 (give luke some time to grow)there was a three year break between ep 4 and ep 5 where the empire retalliated. There was another gap between episode 5 and episode 6 for a year. In total the movies spanned 36 years.

[ 06-08-2002 06:21 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Lord_Andromeda ]

Posts: 68 | From: Matleth | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 213.48.236.3
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 01-23-2005 11:48 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ten years? Ten?

No, no. There are three years between Episode 4 and Episode 5. There's one year between 5 and 6. Ten between 1 and 2. and I think two between 2 and 3.

I'm pretty darn sure of this, and I know its not ten...

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.54.149

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05