my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » General SW Discussion   » Another question about stormtroopers

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Another question about stormtroopers
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 05-31-2002 12:20 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, im just wondering, does anyone know why anyone would become a stormtrooper? i mean, looking at the way stormtroopers faired in battle the add for the empire must have looked something like this--

----
COME BE A STORMTROOPER!
We will give ya some cool white armor, and a blaster! You will go into battle with absolutly no training at all! odds of survival? well, your gonna die! but at least youll help the empire! pay is great, we will give you $1 an hour!

*very small text* If you die the money does not go to your family, you then void all rites to getting piad...
------
I mean, i would rather be a rebel personaly, they at least dont send there troops into battle without a plan...

if you have a clue why someone would join the empire, please enlighten me.

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.244
rodius

unregistered

posted 05-31-2002 06:54 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nobody would "become" a stormtrooper,

because,

they,

are,

Clones!

Logged: 168.234.139.84
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 05-31-2002 11:36 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If they could I know a question that should be put on there...

From how far away could you hit a broad side of a barn with a blaster rifle?

a. 100 feet
b. 75 feet
c. 50 feet
d. 25 feet
e. 10 feet
f. a good 15 if I throw it hard enough

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.110
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 02-13-2005 04:25 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Stormtroopers are actually quite elite, however, for heroic purposes, the people in the book sand movies aren much better.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223
Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 02-13-2005 05:32 PM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's all about propeganda, on the holonet, or whatever they "watch" it has to be cool, the recruiting tapes I mean, because Luke wanted to Join at first, the academy for pilot training I mean

[ 02-14-2005 07:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Major-Konig ]

--------------------

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Posts: 241 | From: Pennsylvania USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 24.238.38.10
Mira Tukiano

Member # 608

posted 03-12-2005 08:30 PM     Profile for Mira Tukiano   Author's Homepage   Email Mira Tukiano     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude stormies kick, it is just that Han and other heroes kick more. Beside watch the begining of episode IV. hmm, rebel plan = go stand and wait at the door and get whupped. Besides think of hoth, the rebles gut whupped there. Endor was the only place rebel troops actually did something worthwhile, and those were commandos! come on commando vs. regular trooper. Lets think on that.

--------------------

Those who see nothing shall see all, While those who think that they see shall see nothing.

Posts: 55 | From: | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.133
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-12-2005 11:30 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A commando has few advantages (this is in the usual cases): Better training, equipment, and usually, the element of suprise. Even with these factors, if you pitted two identical clones, and added those factors too one of them to kill the other, the chance they have only raises about 2, maybe 3 or 4 percent.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223
Ender

Member # 662

posted 06-01-2005 09:24 PM     Profile for Ender   Author's Homepage   Email Ender     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what has been said is all true, but look at it like this : in a galaxay with trillions of humans, many are bound to have no better life. they see this as a way to get ahead. if a stormie survives his first year, he's put up for promotion. most are reassigned to non combat roles, some go back into the trooper pool with a higher rank, and some become the royal guard (rarely). its the same reason people join the military elsewhere: they have no other way to get ahead. They don't think about the implications of working for the empire because of the propoganda.

but i'd still rather be a rebel!

--------------------

I'm too fast for my own good sometimes.

Posts: 34 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 69.137.20.109
commandercody

Broken Back Button

Member # 666

posted 06-18-2005 10:25 PM     Profile for commandercody   Author's Homepage   Email commandercody     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
L's & G's, I agree with rodius on this one, thy are clone troopers with a way cooler name. (except for Commander Cody in E:III.) and besides they only die in the movies because they do not fight for a real cause (rebels do)they just follow orders, not real inspiring.

--------------------

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

-Ben Kenobi-

Posts: 7 | From: Weiser, Idaho | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 207.200.116.135
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 07-11-2005 09:50 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*coughs* Kodei *coughs*

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.188.70.219

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05