my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Expanded Universe   » The Jedi - A religion

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: The Jedi - A religion
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-26-2005 04:47 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It recently came to my notice (through the aid of one of my english teachers, a diehard starwars fanatic) that "jedi knight" is actually a religion in britain. APPARENTLY so many people wrote "Jedi Knight" under the slot for religion in the annual british census that it was placed down as a religion in the british census. Have any of you heard about this?

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.69.105
Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 05-26-2005 08:39 PM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've heard about it in Australia...

--------------------

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Posts: 241 | From: Pennsylvania USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 24.238.34.220
Sellith

Member # 625

posted 05-27-2005 02:41 AM     Profile for Sellith   Author's Homepage   Email Sellith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah my friends dad wrote that, I couldn't stop laughing when he told me.

--------------------

The Jedi are the true evil.

Posts: 84 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 82.40.11.140
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 05-30-2005 07:38 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wow that's crazy

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.6
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 07-14-2005 08:45 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I heard about that a while back.

And y'know what? My first reaction was "Cool!"

And if I lived in Briatin...and weren't Catholic...I'd prolly end up putting that.

Kinda sad, eh?

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 24.8.206.27

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05