my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Expanded Universe   » Books during the Empire?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Books during the Empire?
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-02-2003 04:34 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Could someone name the books that were placed during the timeline of the beginning of the Empire. Maybe 5 years to 10 years in, and some taking time right before the Destruction of the Death Star?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
O-B-1 Kenobi

Member # 467

posted 08-02-2003 11:17 PM     Profile for O-B-1 Kenobi   Author's Homepage   Email O-B-1 Kenobi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a book. "Han Solo at Star's End". It takes place 4 years before ANH. It is part of a 3 book series.

There is also "Adventures of Lando Calrissian"

Posts: 66 | From: unknnown | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-02-2003 11:26 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can you summarize them, like what are they about?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 08-03-2003 06:44 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
O-B-1, you had that book all along?!!! Sell it to me man!! I want to complete my collection.

Anyway Lumbia, basically it answers alot of questions about Han solo's life. How he came to work for Jabba the Hutt, how he got the Falcon, how he first met Chewie, why did he dump Jabba's spice load and get a death mark. Also it documents all the lovers Han had over the years, and his very first run in with the Rebellion.

Buy it and read it. Or borrow it from a library. It's cool.

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 164.78.252.53
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-03-2003 09:23 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I have Star Wars Universe Enc. and I read alot about his background. I kinda get a feeling about why, when and where--but I never knew anything about the lovers and such.

Might be interesting enough to buy the book.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 08-06-2003 12:26 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I recommend borrowing it from a library unless you intend to add to your collection like me.

Thats because, the books are, like.......you read it once, you know the story. Book not recommended for fans of lightsaber fights.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-06-2003 01:11 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh--I may hold off on getting it from the libary, got work to do.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Jaina Solo

Member # 434

posted 08-08-2003 02:20 PM     Profile for Jaina Solo   Author's Homepage   Email Jaina Solo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How big is your collection Xam?
Posts: 34 | From: | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 205.179.141.235
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 08-08-2003 10:29 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Big enough. I have every book in cronological order starting from "Golden age of the Sith" all the way to "New Jedi Order: Force Heratic 3".

The only spaces to be filled are
1)Crystal Star
2)Jedi Quest 5,9 and 11
3)Jedi Apprentice 1,7 and 8
4)The second book about Kyle Katarn (don't know the title)

--------------------

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
Jaina Solo

Member # 434

posted 08-09-2003 06:45 PM     Profile for Jaina Solo   Author's Homepage   Email Jaina Solo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy...

Thats alot more than i do. I'm still collecting though. i'll get there 1 day.

Posts: 34 | From: | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 205.179.141.235
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 08-10-2003 06:13 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea, you do that. I hope some day in a long time from now, I can sell off my collection for $$$$$$$.

Either that or my collection will be the legacy I leave to my children.

--------------------

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 164.78.252.56
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-10-2003 09:18 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do you have the Star Wars Enc. that was released after Phantom Menace? I have that one, has pretty good description for RP situations.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 08-11-2003 06:19 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nope. I collect only story books.

--------------------

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05