my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Expanded Universe   » Jedi comparison

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Jedi comparison
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 06-16-2003 08:28 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here, we will be doing a comparison between the Jedi order during the Sith Wars and the Jedi order after Episode 1.

I feel that the skills of the Jedi diminished over time. 4000 years ago, it was only the Jedi Knights who carried lightsabers. Many Jedi masters used their own weapons, imbuned with the power of the force to make them invincible to any attack.

Eg: Vodo Siosk Bass and his Staff

Many Masters did not even have to carry weapons to defeat their foes.

Eg: Arca Jeth and his use of Jedi Battle Meditaion

These skills were lost in time. Why is that?

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-16-2003 10:11 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, actually I think the second one wasn't lost in time.

I remember someone who managed to be able to do the meditation one and he was in the Jedi Council. I'll have to go to starwars.com to find out exactly what his name is. I'll try to get it soon.

Also, I agree with you on the overal statement. The Knights of the Old Republuc during the times of war were much stronger mainly because there were a more intense situation. Their were more lightsabers and less destructive force behind the blasters. It made the Jedi during the Episode 1 time be more focused on the defense against blasters than that of lightsabers.

Thats why Yoda is such a skilled guy, because he was around between those times. He probably gained some great skills from his Master who was closer to the time of the war aswell as learned how to work against blasters as he aged.

Yoda is a very balanced fighter, from his mind to his body.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-17-2003 12:20 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok thats 1. But what happened to the Jedi armour they used during the war on Rusaan? Sure it slowed the guy down but it could resist blasters and lighhtsabers like how Kevlar resists 9mm rounds. I bet if they used that tech during the battle of Genosis, not that many lives would be lost.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-17-2003 12:23 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
4000 years is a long time man. Technology is going to be diminished over time. It wasn't as significant in the time of the Old Republic we are referring to.

It also could have been treatening for the Old Republic so they might have diminished it's significants in the galaxy because it could be used against them if they found the technology to create the armour.

Also, I have made a mistake. The one I thought was able to use the battle meditating techinque can put images into the mind that can stop the enemy from attacking him.

Sorry for the mistake.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-17-2003 12:25 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And who would that cool guy be(not Yaddle right?...)

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-17-2003 12:28 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
His name is Yarael Poof, the long necked one in Episode 1. He was in the council room. He has a brain in his chest aswell as his head.

And there is another one like him, who is named Oppo Rancisis who is an extremely hairy man. He was also in the Jedi Council and he has the ability to make his target dizzy or be affected by nausa(sp?). This is not a permant situation, but as long as he need. Probably not more than an hour or so.

[ 06-17-2003 12:30 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-17-2003 12:38 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow. But I thought the "nausea tecnique" was an "illeagal" force power.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-17-2003 12:39 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats what I thought too, but he mastered it.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-17-2003 04:53 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would imagine that the "Nausea technique" would be the prefered alternative to fighting. Jedi are suppoed to find a peacful solution before acting aggressivly.

If thier opponent is too sick to fight, then there can be no confrontation. So I can't really see how it would be illegal to use this technique.

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-17-2003 07:03 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Easiest nausea tecnique for non Jedi: Eat tonnes on onions garlic and certain cheese, then fart. MEGA STINK!!!!......ha ha ha... (joke)

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-17-2003 05:29 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How can you eat quick enough before you have to defend yourself?

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-17-2003 08:16 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Joke only......

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 07-20-2003 08:30 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't beleive that Lumbia asked how you could eat quick enough to defend yourself!?!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Although a True Jedi Master should be able to forsee a battle coming his/her way, and prepare!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 09-13-2005 12:19 AM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So all you have to do is meditate adn when you see a battle coming your way stock up on plenty of garlic, pinto beans and such. LOL

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.5

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05