my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Expanded Universe   » Why do you think the Author killed Anakin?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Why do you think the Author killed Anakin?
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-15-2003 02:47 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My speculation is that it was to open the special path for Ben Skywalker. To open a character that would eventually become somewhat similar..

That's just me though, what is your idea on the killing of Anakin.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Tro-Ensha

Broken Back Button

Member # 459

posted 04-20-2003 07:39 AM     Profile for Tro-Ensha   Author's Homepage   Email Tro-Ensha     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From what I have heard and read, it was partly because the readers were having trouble telling the difference between Anakin Solo and Anakin Skywalker.

--------------------

The Answer is 42

Posts: 9 | From: Somewhere I Belong | Registered: Apr 2003  |  Logged: 12.239.177.172
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-20-2003 01:07 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe, that's a funny idea.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Tro-Ensha

Broken Back Button

Member # 459

posted 04-21-2003 11:23 PM     Profile for Tro-Ensha   Author's Homepage   Email Tro-Ensha     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's funny, but sad. Oh, we killed off the son of one of the major characters because he had the same name as someone else... hahaha, funny.

I have read it in more than three places, and it is confirmed: part of the reason is because of what I mentioned.

--------------------

The Answer is 42

Posts: 9 | From: Somewhere I Belong | Registered: Apr 2003  |  Logged: 12.239.177.172
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-22-2003 12:57 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And the three places this was read are...?

Waits with growing curiosity, knowing ANYONE can write ANYTHING... ANYWHERE.

[ 04-22-2003 12:58 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.166
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 04-23-2003 06:37 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who cares about anakin? i could care less about the loser kid witht he same name of skywalker...

What i want to know is why Chewbacca was killed off

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.63
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-24-2003 06:56 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Because they wanted to make room for Ben Skywalker.

I really hate that name, doesn't fit.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 04-26-2003 12:01 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They killed Chewie because he is very difficult to portray accurately in a book. It's not like he speaks any specifc language or basic, and it's very hard to convey the meanings of different growls and grunts, I'm sure.

As for Anakin Solo, I always kinda liked him, and have no idea why he was killed off except because it made a "good story."

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.154.225.141
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-26-2003 12:08 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well it's confusing why they killed Chewie off but manage to keep the R2 unit's, because the beeps we're conveyed through the works of their surrondings. Whether they were in their astromech spots on a ship, or infront of one of their masters.

I mean, Chewie could be done in the same way--it's weird reason, but somewhat valid.

You could easily say te emotion in that roar, and have someone else like Han say "Shut up furrball, it'll be okay."

It was somewhat hard to even see really what he was talking about in the movies at certian times, I don't know why they just didn't keep 'em. Chewie is the best, and they just fling 'em around and place him in the dead column..those...those bastards they killed kenny, I mean chewie.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 05-19-2003 07:45 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You are right you know....they killed off Chewie as he was difficult to portray.
But as for Anakin Solo, they wanted him to go down a hero....wanted him to go down fighting. Also because the story has more to do with the twins. Anakin had his share of fun and heroics(please read "Junior Jedi Knights" , "Edge of Victory 1 & 2" and " Star by Star")

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-19-2003 08:15 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Lucas Arts has a thing for the twins, because Leia and Luke, now Jacen and Jaina.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-19-2003 08:20 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You got that right....i think the twins may be something "holy" in the eyes of Vong....(note the Vong have twin gods)

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-19-2003 08:53 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So your telling me Vongs are actually the original Jedi! I knew it all along, lol...

J/k

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-20-2003 04:14 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No No No!!!! Don't get me wrong here....The Vong are completely different from the Jedi.... Thheir DNA has already been mapped and....
a)there are no midiclorians in the DNA(thus no connection to the force).
b)they are totally different from all other Star Wars species.

Read "New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way" (My favorite)

--------------------

Jaina Solo

Member # 434

posted 05-20-2003 09:05 PM     Profile for Jaina Solo   Author's Homepage   Email Jaina Solo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats why the jedi couldn't sense them, because they had no connection to the force.
Posts: 34 | From: | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 64.123.159.235
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 06:05 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Err....yea.....the obvious answer.....something i would expect from one who has not read the New Jedi Order series

--------------------

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05