my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Expanded Universe   » A good read...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: A good read...
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-07-2002 05:26 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally!! I have finished 'The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream' and what a book it was...

'But, don't take my word for it...'

*Always wanted to say that*

(Levar Burton's line, from Reading Rainbow...)

Darn it, now I can't get the theme out of my head...

'you can do anything... take a look... it's in a book... a Reading Rainbow...'

oh, back to my original point... I am going to now search for the second book of this exciting series... I highly recomend you give it a try...

[ 10-07-2002 05:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.104
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-07-2002 05:30 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I HATE YOU LOBAN! *has the reading rainbow theme stuck in his head now* i might just have to go download that song just so i can get it out... I HATE YOU! dont do that anymore, please?

BTW, if i have the chance ill read it, sounds good... *hums the them to reading rainbow*

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.37
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-08-2002 05:44 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finally got 'Rebel Stand'... I also picked up the next installment, after that(Traitor)

I really like this New Jedi Order series...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.104
Smalleyjedi

Member # 149

posted 10-20-2002 02:11 PM     Profile for Smalleyjedi   Author's Homepage   Email Smalleyjedi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NJO started promising, began to suck as the first duology was decent, second was terrible....Balance point was good but nothing special, next duology decent.....then we get SbS. That book was amazing, I thought the NJO was finally living up to the hype.....then came DJ. It blew if you ask me....better than AoC but next in line for worst NJO. But then we get three straight jems in Enemy Lines and Traitor, and I have heard DW is excellent as well! Too bad they couldnt have started out as well as they are finishing it!

--------------------

The force is all, the force takes no sides. The only darkness is in your heart.

Posts: 22 | From: Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Corran_Horn

unregistered

posted 10-27-2002 03:10 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HI all

I agree about the NJO could have had a better start, but after reading the latest book (here in England anyway) Destiny's Way, The story line is getting better. I especially like how the recent books have brought in Vergere, who we were first told about in Rogue Planet.

Logged: 172.181.45.83
Smalleyjedi

Member # 149

posted 10-27-2002 11:41 PM     Profile for Smalleyjedi   Author's Homepage   Email Smalleyjedi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I sadly have not yet read DW...I have heard it is quite good though.

--------------------

The force is all, the force takes no sides. The only darkness is in your heart.

Posts: 22 | From: Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05