my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Expanded Universe   » Yoda Past? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Yoda Past?
Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 09-18-2002 12:40 AM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do you think someone should expand on yoda's past like they have on Obi-Wan's earlier padawan past. I dont know how long the series would be, but I think it could be incredibly wonderful if written right.

What ya'll think on the subject?

--------------------

"The Castle in the Sky.."-Jamel Garth

Posts: 117 | From: Somewhere in the Galaxy | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Naga Sadow

Member # 348

posted 09-18-2002 12:16 PM     Profile for Naga Sadow   Author's Homepage   Email Naga Sadow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As much as I would love for this to happen, it wont. He is ment to be one of the greatest mysteries concerning the Star Wars Universe.

I have tried mailing numerous authors and posting on the offical site to get someone to give out some more information.

If one was to touch on the past of Yoda it would open up ep. -1000 or something tho which would be SUPER cool, imo hehehe.

--------------------

**To know nothing is bad**To learn nothing is worse**

Posts: 22 | From: Yavin 4 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 66.161.165.228
Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 09-18-2002 08:33 PM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very True, but Obi-Wan was supose to be very mysterious too. He was one of the two last Jedi's of all time, and was meant to be viewed always as an Old Wise Man, who had a horrid past filled with a war, and greatness but actually not a completely revealed one. Now you had a movie nearly showing him the before he even became a Jedi Knight that we believed was one of the best..

--------------------

"The Castle in the Sky.."-Jamel Garth

Posts: 117 | From: Somewhere in the Galaxy | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 09-19-2002 11:45 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
obi-wan was never really mysterious, he just had an unknown past, he was the basic jedi, in apearance, meant to show you what a jedi could be in the star wars universe, cause all we had seen up till then is a dude in a black suit...

Yoda though, nothing was revealed about him. We arent even told if yoda was actauly ever a real jedi, he is refered to as "master yoda" but he never actauly say's he himself was a jedi, my first thoughts of him was someone who was so wise, and so powerful, that the jedi simple respected him, and he was given the title "master"

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.64
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-19-2002 11:48 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
woah woah woah, yoda has got to be a jedi... come on...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.194.189
Selah

Member # 201

posted 09-20-2002 12:39 AM     Profile for Selah   Author's Homepage   Email Selah     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would like to see more about Yoda's past...how he came to be such a great tactical general, for instance.

--------------------

This too shall pass...

Posts: 32 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 216.65.185.75
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 09-21-2002 11:07 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NOW we know yoda is a jedi, but in the begining we didnt ever really know. Luke was just told yoda could teach him how to be a jedi. Yoda was always a great mystory, and while i would love to see what made him so wise, and powerful(and what made him so damn good with a lightsaber) i think it would ruin that greatness of him if we knew how he did it. I mean, can you imagine seeing yoda as a padawan? youd never be able to forget it, it would mean that yoda had once been a padawan, right now we've seen him as an old jedi master, and then we go back say 30 years, and he's still a jedi master... So it gives him that greatness as if he had simply been born a jedi master.

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.137
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 04-06-2003 05:17 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I quote LUKE "I'm looking for a Jedi Master." YODA "Jedi Master Yoda. You seek Yoda! Take you to him I will."

So he does admit in a roundabout sort of way that he was and is a JEDI. Hopefully this has enlightened the subject.

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 05-20-2003 04:31 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you guys want to read snatches from Yoda's Past.....read the Jedi vs Sith comic series or "Star Wars: The courtship of Princess Leia".....there are 2 pages of "flashbacks" to when Yoda was only 400 years old. (Young but not young enough)

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-20-2003 06:06 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How old was he when he was in the movie?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Jaina Solo

Member # 434

posted 05-20-2003 08:58 PM     Profile for Jaina Solo   Author's Homepage   Email Jaina Solo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He was 900 years old in ESB and RTJ.
Posts: 34 | From: | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 64.123.159.235
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-20-2003 10:40 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the information.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 06:01 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did you guys know that Yoda is not the last of his species(as most people thought)?

--------------------

Jaina Solo

Member # 434

posted 05-21-2003 09:18 AM     Profile for Jaina Solo   Author's Homepage   Email Jaina Solo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
who is the other ones?
Posts: 34 | From: | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 64.123.159.235
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 09:38 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah, I knew that. Yaddle--remembering, she was in the Jedi Council..

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 06:42 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Right you are!!!!
Yaddle......did you know Yaddle is female?

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 07:09 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes I did.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 07:59 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Too bad Yoda and Yaddle had to become Jedi and get so old. I always wanted to see a baby yoda species thing.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 10:39 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who ever said that there wasn't any other ones out there?

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 11:48 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You mean there are other baby yoda things out there?

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-24-2003 05:15 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In "Knights of the Old Republic" Their is someone of Yoda's race in there. He has darker skin coloration, and a bit more hair.

It looks interesting, cause it might show why the race of the Yoda isn't seen frequently during the movies.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-24-2003 07:55 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Which one ......the one on Ulic qel Droma or Nomi Sunrider?

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-24-2003 09:06 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What are you talking about? Cause I'm talking about the game "Knights of the Old Republic"

[ 05-24-2003 09:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-24-2003 11:49 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh oops.....I thought you were refering to the comic book "Knights of the Old Republic". Well i haven't got that game yet but i might get it for my birthday or Christmas present. Is it good?

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-24-2003 11:51 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe, that's the point of my post, it hasn't came out. That's why I said I think, or hope.

It is coming out in July.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05