my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Expanded Universe   » Help if possible

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Help if possible
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-18-2002 12:43 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey, anyone know of a good SW series that involves a lot of the following?

1)Dark force usage
2) mystery
3)a good plot
----and if at all possible, a bit of humor? and i say "series" because also, it would be nice if the story could evolve over a few books...

anyone?
*waits for either loban or shayla, the book god and the book goddess to read and reply*

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.226
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-18-2002 01:05 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember seeing a book about Darth Maul's past, that'd be a nice one to read up sicne your so into him. That is if you haven't read it yet.....

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 08-18-2002 04:59 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm. *shuffles through her books*

I, Jedi has alot of dark Force references as well as humor, but then it's only one book. A pretty long book, however.

Of course I am partial to Corran Horn stuff.

And you GOTTA read the Heir to the Empire trilogy. That's got LOTS of Dark Force stuff, good humor, and MARA JADE!

Gotta love the Joruus C'boath (and don't anyone DARE say anything in case he decides to read these!) stuff. They are an AWESOME set of books. Timothy Zahn is the reason EU exists today, and he stil remains the best author out of all of them.

[ 08-18-2002 04:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.157.61
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-18-2002 10:43 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've heard of this one, Its a comic book, but you might like it. Its called Jedi vs. Sith Star Wars Series. Its drawings are magnificant, fitting the comic book caterogoy perfectly. I think you might like it, since it takes place before the New Empire, and I guess you like characters previous-since you like Darth Maul. But I might be wrong...

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-18-2002 10:47 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another Nice one would be Jedi Apprentice: The Dark Rival For Obi-Wan Kenobi Lovers. This has a revealing of his past, so you can get a grasp to why he comes to be what he is. This is a nice book, about a Dark Side Fighter, since you like the Darkness so much you might love this book....

Peace

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-19-2002 02:20 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for the help peeps...now all it will take is a bunch of money...*goes off and wins the loto* YAAA!!! ill just hire someone to write me my own story! hehe

thanks again...

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.73

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05