my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Expanded Universe   » Old Republic and the Galaxies Apperance

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Old Republic and the Galaxies Apperance
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-07-2002 10:44 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think there is pocifically about two new games that I consider attaining, for their miraclous differences, and chances of role playing. They give me chills down my back just thinking of getting them, for they are graphically spectatcular, and incredibally enhanced compared to certain games of past LucasArts projects. I'll list them off, and speak of them in the up-coming paragraph; so read on, so we can start this conversation the right way.

Knights of the Old Republic

This is something that is surely spectatcular. It gives you the incredible chance of performing the great battles of the past, where there was no Luke to save the day, and Yoda probably wasn't even born. A time where Sith ran strong, and you coudl be apart of their Evil Army, fighting against one another. A time that was surely filled with turmoil, but great adventures, and tales that are just screaming to be talked of. This is the story that I surely want to be part of, it introduces new characters that haven't been spoken about in Expanded Universe, but still sets the mood of star Wars Films. Their are the great two choices of becoming a Sith, or a Jedi. Both trails will be long, and hard-going through the tribilation of excelling on the rate of a Jedi, and performing the required task of creating a lightsaber, that you'll hold dearly to yourself. The other trails of a Sith woudl be much more harder, but fun to attain. Weither your on the best side is up to you, as you can easily make a difference in this world, for you have the power of the Force...

I believe this game will pop Jedi Loving fans heads off, and they will be screeching for more, understanding that maxuim potiental of your powers, and actually achieving it. Lets also talk on this if you want to, but lets manifest into yet another fantastic game:

Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided

This is the first MMORPG game ever created from the Lucasarts Company, and it'll be receving great crowds of men and woman attaining this. You may not, but I sure as heck will. This gives you the chance of actually playing within the world, much like the RPG that is within this board here. Wondering around day-in day-out with the weight of having a profession as in the real world, but with this is the great apperances of other people. creating your own character, exposing the traits that you have, being able to stand before someone such as the Hutt Palace, or the Death Star. Even greater chances of becoming part of a faction such as the Imperail Army, or the Republic Rebellain Uprise. Meeting with people such as Princess Leia, and Darth Vader. these are things you normally wish for if your someone that'd wait in a line to get tickets for 6 months. It is a spectatcular game that is near undescribable, for it gives so much to you. The graphical party is unbelievable for the first Lucas Arts MMORPG, and I believe that it'll turn heads for its greatness. Many Star Wars fans will actually love this game to death, and some may not have the time, or hate it all together, but I swear upon my heart, they'll be nothing like it.

It is expected somewhere around December-Feb., so look in your paper for its introduction in a store near you.

So follow this thread, with responses to the two games, or any other games that you believe are great.

See ya....

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Ghost Dog

Mandalorian Scout

Member # 298

posted 08-09-2002 11:31 PM     Profile for Ghost Dog   Author's Homepage   Email Ghost Dog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Star Wars Galaxies (a MMORPG) is due in 2003... looks like a groundbreaker & Rogue Leader for Gamecube is a sweet ass game for everybody that loves the Rogues and the X-Wings

[ 08-09-2002 11:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Ghost Dog ]

--------------------

For the Guild, For the Credits, For the Respect, For the pleasure!

Posts: 21 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.199.22
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-09-2002 11:33 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What does "pocifically" mean?

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-10-2002 12:32 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually it'll be coming out in 2002 or 2003. It matters how fast the beta testing, which I may become apart of, will be. If it is a quick, nice-clean one, it'll end up becoming a quick release in December, or if it is a long beta, with many problems, it comes out to be somewhere in Jan, or Feb. Either way, Im awaiting its arrival, so I can buy it.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-10-2002 11:25 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
star wars games that are comming out now, truly will be great, but i think what we need, is a company besides lucas arts, to come out with a great roleplaying engin that can be used in these games... i donno, i love sw games, but i dont think Lucas arts has what it takes to make a good star wars rpg... though i must say...the first game mentioned.... Knights of the old republic, or whatever it was, sounds very intriguing... i think a game with free hand movment, therin realiztic lightsaber combat, and force powers that develop through use, and practice, rather then levels. would be a good,maybe slap a new combat system on the skill engine for morrowind, cause the combat in that game sucked, but the skill system was amazing... i donno

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.39
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-10-2002 02:02 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They all sound exciting to me, but of course they do-Im going to buy both :-D

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-10-2002 08:32 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But you have to remember, games are only as good as the engines that support them... i personaly will kill everyone if i see another game using the damn Quake 3 engine... god... Jedi knight II, Soldier of fortune 2, heavy metal FAKK2, all these damn games use the same engine...just goes to show you though, the programers that made that thing are gods...but its getting old...

But still, the rpg should be good. as im a hard core rpg fan, and dont think i could resist a SW rpg...mmmmm...its all RPG'y like....Yummy...

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.53
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 08-10-2002 11:56 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Acutally, I heard that Knights of the Old Republic was being developed by the same people that made Baldur's Gate, and you know how ground breaking that was...

Not that it's going to use the same engine, of course.

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.17.42
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-12-2002 04:06 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, i believe that the most ground breaking will most likily be Star Wars Galaxies for their is no other game out there. It has the inchanting access of space later in expansion, the ability to interact as if in the space. No other role plaing game on the web has those certain traits, such as realistical task. I mean, their is nothing out there as of yet that gives you the incredible chance of becoming a droid creater, or a animal helper of sorts. It gives you all those chances that the galaxy has, with even the great chance of having a Wookie Jedi. I mean, it dont get betta then a Wookie Jedi...

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.16.163
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-12-2002 11:37 AM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How about a Rodian Jedi? Or a Droid Jedi? Heck, maybe a Trandoshan Jedi!! (Now that I gotta see!)

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Posts: 204 | From: Maryland | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-12-2002 11:55 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As for droid jedi's, you gotta think 4-lom... 4-lom kicked

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.99
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-13-2002 06:46 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually all beings that are avalible to play are able to become Jedi. But being realistical, it is a task not easy to grasp, specially since the time frame is within the point of Darth vader. If found out, you could be attacked, kill or whatever. Also the first Jedi will have hte hard task of teaching himself, as no one knows of Yoda, and Luke at this point hasn't became a full Jedi at all, also Obi-Wan is dead.

Anyone become a Jedi, just that the task will be something of great intesive hardcore role playing, as only does that explore the worlds and do all the things probably will attain such a goal. It wouldn't be right to have a million Jedi in a space that doesn't even care for the Jedi Ways anymore....its just not that realistical of a situation.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-13-2002 09:43 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow. That sounds pretty hard. Geez, if only a would-be Jedi in the game was followed around by a spirit of a real Jedi, like Kyle Katarn had...

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Posts: 204 | From: Maryland | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-13-2002 09:57 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
See its realistical to the point of socially. If you actually go around doing great things, dont you think you deserve to be known amoung all by Jedi Knight Something. The avatar name will be over your name so they'll know who you are, since all teh hardcore gamers would achieve this goal of being a Jedi, if they choose, it means they will carry all the weight that comes with a Jedi. A Jedi might look cool on the outside of the movies, but in the inside its as hard as working as a Outlawed Cop in a Society that hates you....

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05