my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Expanded Universe   » Your Favorite EU book/comic (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Your Favorite EU book/comic
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 05-04-2002 11:05 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favorite? I, Jedi. (no surprise there)

Closely followed by Tim Zahn's Heir to the Empire Trilogy, cause that's where the whole EU thing started. And where my namesake originated.

I must say I love XWing books too.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.36.40
Darth Uhlen

Broken Back Button

Member # 166

posted 05-04-2002 11:23 PM     Profile for Darth Uhlen   Author's Homepage   Email Darth Uhlen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah Mara! I,Jedi rules! my fav. too!

also really like the NJO books although very sad but hey its war!it actually gives a realistic outlook into the sw universe!just finished star by star.

--------------------

Do, or do not! There is no try!

Posts: 7 | From: Ohio US | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 198.5.155.197
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 05-04-2002 11:25 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I seriously need to get caught up with NJO after internship. I've been spoiled already though, someone inadvertently told me some things that happened that I would have rather have just read.

--------------------

~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.36.40
Corin Zetith

Broken Back Button

Member # 167

posted 05-04-2002 11:37 PM     Profile for Corin Zetith   Author's Homepage   Email Corin Zetith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same w/me my friend gave my the "big spoiler" in star by star(i wont say it cause i dont know if youve read it yet!and if you have then you know what im talkin about. i was so mad i threw the book down for a week.but i read the rest and it was great!
Posts: 7 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 198.5.155.197
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 05-04-2002 11:42 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, probably the same big spoiler I got. I'll leave it at that. We need to start an NJO section in here. But the moderator needs to get herself up-to-date too.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-07-2002 11:04 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favorite book is "Shadows of the Empire." I just loved the interplay back and forth between Vader and Xixor, although of course the best man won in the end. I also liked how a CD and action figures were actually generated for this book.

Then my favorites are the Bounty Hunter trio, and finally the NJO books, although I haven't gotten through Balance Point yet. I just can't concentrate on that author's writing for some reason.

I wish Diane Duane wrote for Star Wars. She writes for Star Trek, and is a great author!

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.209
PloKoonII

Broken Back Button

Member # 232

posted 06-04-2002 11:14 PM     Profile for PloKoonII   Author's Homepage   Email PloKoonII     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quik question....
do any of u know of any novels or comics containing the life events and stories involving Exar Kun? if so what are the names? i would greatly appreciate it.

know bakk to the topic, yes i jedi is a good book, but id have to say my fav is "Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi-Redemption"

Posts: 8 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.136.61.82
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 06-04-2002 11:52 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Sith is Graysith's expertise. I bet she'll have an answer...

[ 06-04-2002 11:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.36.3
Dalen Garuud

Squad Premier

Member # 238

posted 06-11-2002 06:56 PM     Profile for Dalen Garuud   Author's Homepage   Email Dalen Garuud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i've just started reading, i, jedi, what book do you suggest i go onto next? btw, I, Jedi is my first SW book.

oh yeah, i think they should make a starwars horror story

--------------------

Trust anything but your mind!

Posts: 19 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 194.117.133.196
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 06-11-2002 11:01 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Read the Heir to the Empire trilogy and the Hand of Thrawn Trilogy if you like I, Jedi. And DEFINITELY read the X-Wing series if you like I, Jedi...

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.32.159
Dalen Garuud

Squad Premier

Member # 238

posted 06-12-2002 02:37 PM     Profile for Dalen Garuud   Author's Homepage   Email Dalen Garuud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
isn't there like 20 books in the X-wing series? i'm gonna be reading just that series till i'm 45! why did i have to be such a slow reader!? *cries*

--------------------

Posts: 19 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 62.30.0.2
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 06-12-2002 06:10 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There are 8

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.34.92
Dalen Garuud

Squad Premier

Member # 238

posted 06-12-2002 06:13 PM     Profile for Dalen Garuud   Author's Homepage   Email Dalen Garuud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, it'll only take me till 39

--------------------

Posts: 19 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 62.30.0.2
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 06-20-2002 10:30 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New Jedi Order: Rebel Dream
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.160.251
Darksider

BANNED
Member # 331

posted 08-28-2002 03:40 PM     Profile for Darksider   Author's Homepage   Email Darksider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
exar kun is in the jedi acadamy trilogy, i, jedi, and a number of the comic books
Posts: 29 | From: | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 24.49.127.226
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-28-2002 10:25 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like anything that has to deal with the Sith or a Jedi. Im not too into the Empire, mostly the Outer Rim situations, and characters never created or made in the series but not linked to Jedi or Sith.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-31-2002 11:51 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i just have to say...curse you all, curse you all, and may a hex be upon your house... DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY BOOKS I HAVE TO READ NOW?! *goes off and spends all his money*

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.21
Kanos

Broken Back Button

Member # 334

posted 09-03-2002 04:34 AM     Profile for Kanos   Author's Homepage   Email Kanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would suggest reading these books in this order:

Truce of Bakura
Thrawn Trilogy
Jedi Academy Trilogy
X-Wing

I would have to say im partial to Wraith Squadron and as for the Comic: Crimson Empire of course

[ 09-03-2002 04:35 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kanos ]

--------------------

For some people punishment is a lesson, For others its a Lifetime!

Posts: 14 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 172.133.126.229
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 09-11-2002 01:33 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gotta love the Wraiths.
"You can't look dignified when you are having fun."

"Nice rear, Lieutenant!"

And the veeeeery best...

"Yub, yub, commander!"

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 07:04 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like DESTINY'S WAY

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 09:41 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wish Kanos was still around.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 06:40 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
where didi he go?

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-21-2003 07:10 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know..

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 07:10 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh well.....

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 06-12-2004 02:59 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, never forget:

"Well the next one's an ewok sir."

"You're joking."

"He loves flying so much he got arm and leg extensions."

[It goes on for a while, turns out to be a plain human]

"Alright the next guys a gamorean."

"Ha ha."

[gamorean walks in]

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.209.44

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05