my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Leaving Orbit....   » Meteor Storm Due!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Meteor Storm Due!
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-16-2002 07:24 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, guys, the earth is heading for a fantastic Leonid Meteor shower next month, so heads up. We're aimed for a dense portion of debris shed by Comet Tuttle-Temple (said debris which comprises the annual meteor shower); actually we're aimed for two debris clouds, and will hit them both on the night of November 19/20.

The first cloud will be impacted around 11:00 p.m. CDT on the 19th, the second one around 5:30 a.m. CDT on the 20th.

They're expecting 500-1,000 meteors per hour.

Watch the sky!

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 207.28.192.13
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-14-2002 03:42 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just a reminder for the soon-to-occur Leonid meteor shower, due in the night of November 19th. If the sky is clear for you, try to be outdoors around midnight your local time. The earth will be passing through two cometary dust clouds: one around midnight, and the other closer to dawn.

500-1000 meteors per hour is expected, so HEADS UP!

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 11-16-2002 05:30 PM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, yes we are told that we are gonna die, Im happy..lol

--------------------

"The Castle in the Sky.."-Jamel Garth

Posts: 117 | From: Somewhere in the Galaxy | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 11-26-2002 12:47 AM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard it about a week ago or something on the radio about it, it didn't kill us, lol goodie

--------------------

"The Castle in the Sky.."-Jamel Garth

Posts: 117 | From: Somewhere in the Galaxy | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05