my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Leaving Orbit....   » It's The Real Thing

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: It's The Real Thing
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-16-2000 06:31 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello, and welcome to Earth's corner of the universe! From hereon, you will be able to find information concerning the latest in heavenly happenings. For example, a week ago our sun put out a humongous "shock wave," that when striking the earth last Friday night (8/11/00) produced an auroral display (Northern Lights) so strong it was seen as far south as Los Angeles. Along with this, we were having a meteor shower. Really wondrous show, for those who saw it. Anyway, I will be keeping the Pod updated as to this type of thing... especially auroral displays. We are sure to get more of these! Not to mention meteor showers!

------------------
"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.200.49
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-16-2000 10:20 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yes... if anyone has any question of "astronomical proportions," post them here, and I'll do my best to answer them for you!

------------------
"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.183

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05