my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Empire and New Republic   » Out Into the Clouds

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Out Into the Clouds
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 01-18-2004 11:42 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: From Where the Clouds Open we find Lanlif and Lumbia together))

The world seemed as only a speck from where the two spacers had entered real space. A pathetic ant of a ball, twirling at an amazingly slow pace as shining lights stared on from their dark positions along the cloak called space. The planet, however, was not a speck to simply be overlooked, for it was Coruscant. In many eyes it was the center of all things, a glorious jewel and pendant of the ultimate core sector.

Yet, in the eyes of the two who sat silently in their new polished ship, staring out the window of their cockpit, it was just another planet. The two had been together for a near standard month and time, along with planets, seemed less signifignant than Bantha fodder. Time had captured events during their stay, such as the purchasing of their new ship, which many considered to be one of the oldest, but fastest ships in the galaxy: the Shining Raven. It was one the ship of a Blackmarket Organization big wig, but was stolen and placed on the market before any of the Organization heads knew.

The two however managed to exchange the few credits they had and the old bucket that Lanlif once called home for the old space bird. The interactions with amusing, atleast for the curious Squib, but it was just a figment of their memories now that they were on their way to yet another planet.

This one, however, held a larger purposes than the others in the big scheme. Lumbia was coming in search of registration. Registration to the Empire...

Alerting Lanlif with a simple gesture, the former Jedi leaned back into his seat. Lifting his feet up as he reclined, he placed them along the navboard. Suprisingly, the heels of his feet didn't manage to hit any buttons.

"So, lets see if this blockade will answer the doorbell, shall we?"

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 24.10.104.239
The Empire

Member # 386

posted 01-21-2004 12:11 AM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
”This is ISS Catalytic to incoming ship. Your current vector will bring you into Coruscant space if not altered; please accelerate to a halt and identify yourself and your purpose in being here.

“Silence or any other gesture interpretable as refusal to comply will be taken as hostile, and you will be fired upon.

“This is ISS Catalytic, out.”

[ 01-21-2004 12:12 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Empire ]

--------------------

Coming soon, to a blockade near you....

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.253.2
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-08-2004 11:44 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
An eerie silence ran from the two as they sat at the head of the well crafted ship. A smile came along the pondering Lumbia as he laid back in his seat, his hand rubbing hisc hin in thought, rethinking the situation as well as what would be said.

Slumped in the leather fabric seat, Lanlif stared at the Force-Sensitive man beside him. A weird and puzzled look crossed the bulbous eyes of the furry critter as he watched on, unknowing of what would happen next. This in itself made the short Squib curious.

Hopping to the chance to speak and break the silence, the Squib pushed himself ever closer to the Padawan, letting a grin come upon his face as to bring a genuinily caring atmosphere to the eerie silence.

"What is ya' thinkin' of Lumbia?" The Squib asked, the beaming smile wide, nearing the furry ears of the alien creature.

Lumbia, quickly, turned his head, though his eyes stayed close in thought. Allowing not a word to slip his lips, he simply shook his head as to hem the situation up. There was a certain implication in the shake of the Padawan's head and it made the small pilot agitated.

Pushing himself back into his seat, the Squib sulked. Staring off into the deep space that stood as the landscape about them all, only holding a few sparkling stars to accompany the darkness. The eerie feeling of silence once again caught the Squib, but he was certain not to allow it to control him. He knew that if there was to come another question from his mouth it would only agitated him more for there would be no answer.

So, he crossed his arms over his chest and pouted in annoyance.

Meanwhile, Lumbia sat in his seat continuing to think of a decent response. Finally, prepared to make his statement, the Padawan reached out for the comm. unit on the nav board. Clicking it on, he cleared his voice, readying himself for the coming words.

"I am here in search of registration into the Academy. Im a Jedi..."

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 24.10.104.239
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-16-2004 06:17 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A sudden realization attacked him like a dagger to the back. Turning his eyes into a narrow stare, he gave out a muse and began clicking a few things on the panel. The Squib beside him was quick to react, clearly understanding, with his knowledge of ships, what was proceding. So, in a matter of seconds, the ship was turned about and head away.

"We can't stay here, not now. We'll comeback later..."

The young force-weilder said, his voice in a whisper, though the two were in isolation. A snarl carved on Lumbia's face as he furthered the ship toward the absence of light away from the planets. Then, in a matter of seconds, a strong radiance flared from the back engines, and an opening in all that was realtime came to.

Jumping in as a worrt would along the sandy floors of Tatooine, the ship headed into the future. Only the omnipotent knew what was to come, the maker. Yet, Lumbia sat comfortable as he looked ahead, not with the force, but with his eyes. He didn't see much other than twirling lights along the sides of hyperspace terminal, but in his mind he noticed the depature to the past and the further to the destiny of what he was.

There were things he needed to address in the past however, before he did so. And so he did, furthering through the hyperspace terminal and into the distance beyond.

Beyond, beyond, beyond...

And so with a wrinkle of time and space, the two disappeared into the unclear future of their's, with a courage that only hereoes could carry.

Into the future they went, the future they go.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 24.10.39.177

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05