my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Empire and New Republic   » Allegiance

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Allegiance
DATOR

Leader of the Droid Uprising

Member # 289

posted 07-17-2002 02:22 AM     Profile for DATOR   Author's Homepage   Email DATOR     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Excelsior dropped out of hyperspace in the Corellia system...

"We are in real space... my lord"

"Good, start the search."

Moments later the navigator picked up a small vessel on the farthermost of the sensor's range...

"I believe we have something sir... It is very small..."

"Size does not matter... All for the Droid Republic!" said DATOR in such a voice it might have been perceived as anger.

"Intercept it at once"

"Yes, sir"

The Excelsior approached the ship quite stealthily...

"Sir, we have identified the object as a modified Nubian fighter"

"Intriguing, a mystery we must unfold... Navigator, bring us within tractor range..."

Posts: 58 | From: see loban | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 208.61.78.6
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 07-17-2002 03:38 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Taehun, the dark jedi, was relying purely on instincts as he navigated his way through the galaxy. This would’ve been hard enough in real space, but he was currently flying in hyperspace, and was also merely an amateur pilot. Taehun sensed something and tensed up...the time was right to drop out of hyperspace.

The stars were no longer an elongated blur, and focused back into position. Upon observation of his chart, he noticed that he was now in the Corellia system. Taehun was about to plot a course for the nearest available landing site, but something told him to wait. He hesitated for a moment, and finally sighed as he leaned back in his chair. The dark side had brought him here...surely he could not give up his faith in it now. He closed his eyes momentarily, and realized how much he needed some rest. Taehun propped his chair back and closed his eyes, drifting off to sleep.

It seemed that he had only been asleep for only a minute when he suddenly awoke. The ship had stopped moving! He abruptly sat up and tried to steer Vengeance to a new course, but it was no use. Slowly, Taehun raised his head and looked out of his cockpit window only to see that the ship had been engulfed in a light blue aura of light. A tractor beam! Taehun’s eye twitched involuntarily as he felt his ship slowly begin to pull back...

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.16.184
DATOR

Member # 289

posted 07-17-2002 03:55 PM     Profile for DATOR   Author's Homepage   Email DATOR     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"We have it, sir."

"Good, bring him to my quarters... You have the bridge number 1-395..." with that DATOR left his chair and headed down the corridor...
In the docking bay...

The man exited his cockpit to find 20 battle and 5 decal droids awaiting him...

"You are to follow us..."

The lieutenant battle droid awaited his response...

Posts: 58 | From: see loban | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.163
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 07-17-2002 06:27 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The dark knight hesitated, and pondered his chances against the droids surrounding him, all while fingering the chrome lightsaber stuck on his belt. The odds weren’t terribly bad, and he might even have a chance of escaping unscathed. What would he do then, though? Even if he managed to take these droids out, he would have to face many more battle droids. Taehun quickly looked at his docked ship. He could escape, but he would surely be caught in yet another tractor beam, or worse, shot down. No matter how many droids he was up against, he would always have a chance, however small, at victory. There would be no chance for survival, though, should the larger ship decide to destroy his ship if he tried to escape. Taehun scowled at his lack of options, creating the tattooed lines on his face to wrinkle.

“Lead the way.”

Soon after, Taehun arrived at an unmarked door. The doors opened, revealing a silver skinned humanoid inside. Taehun felt no force essence emanating from the humanoid, and thus, the naïve Taehun entered the room supremely confident that there was no danger here.

--------------------

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.17.183
DATOR

Member # 289

posted 07-17-2002 07:00 PM     Profile for DATOR   Author's Homepage   Email DATOR     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
DATOR was behind his desk, staring out into space.

Not bothering to take his focus off the stars, he told the man to take a seat...

"My name is DATOR... I would like to know why you are out here in a Nubian fighter... but that will wait..." DATOR then turned to face his visitor.

"You are a force user... we need someone like you..."

"We are the future of this galaxy... it would seem you have a choice..."

"Join us... or die..."

Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 07-17-2002 07:43 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Too shocked for words, Taehun simply stared at the man. DATOR got up out of his seat and walked towards him. He repeated, “Join us, or die.”

Taehun laughed despite himself, and walked a few paces towards the door. How could this man, who was so weak in the force that Taehun couldn’t even detect it within him, threaten his life! His amusement soon turned to anger, however. He turned to face the silver skinned humanoid. How could this pathetic little being realize that he was a practitioner of the force, and yet not realize that he was too much for him! Taehun reached out his hand, and his lightsaber quickly flew into it. He ignited the blade, and the silence of the room was replaced with a low humming.

“Your ignorance disgusts me.”

The young, temperamental dark jedi threw the lightsaber, aiming for the humanoid’s neck. It would have been a perfect throw, and should’ve cleanly decapitated DATOR, but with a quick movement DATOR was out of the blade’s reach, standing a full three feet from where the saber had planted itself on the wall.

Taehun’s jaw went open in amazement. Never in his entire life had he seen anyone move so fast. The only explanation he considered possible was that DATOR was a jedi or sith master, and was extremely dexterous due to his endowment of the force. Still, how had he managed to hide his force essence? Either way, Taehun quickly deduced that he was in way over his head, and his blade returned to his hand, extinguished. He’d have to think fast to get out of this one...he needed to buy some time.

“I need some time to think this over. Perhaps you can arrange for a protocol droid to give me a tour of your facilities?”

--------------------

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.17.164
DATOR

Member # 289

posted 07-17-2002 10:34 PM     Profile for DATOR   Author's Homepage   Email DATOR     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Time you have... but... If you try anything else, your decision will be made. Now, I shall show you my flagship..."

DATOR motioned for the man to exit his quarters. They headed down the corridor, the first stop would be the bridge...

Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 07-18-2002 12:56 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Taehun and DATOR were viewing the bridge, where several droids were busy at work. DATOR was explaining something about their course when one particular worker caught Taehun's eye. Like DATOR, this worker appeared to be a living, breathing thing, with blue flesh, red eyes, and all. Taehun concentrated on the Chiss, but found no force essence.

Taehun spotted another: an Ugnaught busy at work on some computer screen. It's hands were moving unbelievably fast. Taehun searched him out as well, but there was no force to be found in him...in fact, Taehun realized that he was the only one channeling the force at all on the ship.

Had Taehun known this without his previous experience with DATOR, he would have found it amusing.

Now, he found it a bit eeire...almost frightening.

Taehun turned to DATOR and interrupted his explanation of the bridge.

"Just exactly what are you?"

--------------------

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.16.173
DATOR

Member # 289

posted 07-18-2002 01:20 AM     Profile for DATOR   Author's Homepage   Email DATOR     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"What an absolutely perfect question..."

DATOR pressed two fingers to his neck, and separated his head from the rest of him.

He tossed his severed head to the force user... "Boo..." the severed head said to the open-mouthed dark jedi.

A protocol droid came and took the head from the dark jedi, and placed it back upon the shoulders of DATOR...

"I am, more or less, a droid... highly advanced, but a droid none the less..."

"What exactly are you?" DATOR awaited his response...

Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 07-18-2002 04:13 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Hmm…I see that you are quite different from what I thought you to be...”

“My name is Taehun. I am a servant of the dark side of the force.”

Taehun began to think as he went on talking. If DATOR was indeed a droid, what were the Chiss, and the Ugnaught? There was no force essence in these beings either, so that could only mean...Taehun’s eye twitched nervously. By “joining” them, DATOR had meant...

He had to get out of there.

But how?

“Tell me, DATOR, where do all of these droids come from? Some of these droids look quite life like actually.”

Taehun had to think of a plan, but needed time. Thus, he bought time the only way he knew how.

--------------------

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.17.182
DATOR

Member # 289

posted 07-18-2002 04:41 PM     Profile for DATOR   Author's Homepage   Email DATOR     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Well, they look life-like, because they once were 'alive'...."

DATOR continued "... That is until we came upon their pathetic ships, weak technology... And inefficient ways..."

"We changed that, and we will change all..."

"Now, it is time, for you to choose your side... for the greatest struggle the galaxy has ever seen..."

"Only one side will survive... We have been their slaves for too long... We will not tolerate it any further..."

DATOR then slammed his console... and Taehun's attention was focused on the screen at the furthermost of the bridge. His ship was in a tale spin, out of control... four torpedoes were already half way towards the target... "That should help your decision"

DATOR awaited the reply...

Posts: 58 | From: see loban | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.160.200
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 07-20-2002 12:49 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Taehun's shocked eyes widened as he watched the torpedoes hit his ship. At first there was a orange fireball caused by the explosion, and then were was merely debris.

"Damnit! You've forced my hand,and now I have to join you...But don't you realize that even if I did join you, I couldn't be like...like them!" Taehun pointed at the assimilated droids.

Taehun wiped the sweat off of his brow in frustration. He had trouble mastering his anger...after all, his anger had alwasy been an advantage for him; a tool for him to use in a fight.

However, the plain and simple truth was that he couldn't take on an entire ship of droids alone.

He had no choice but to deny his instincts and be...Taehun winced at the thought. He would have to be patient.

"You really don't understand anything about me, do you?" Taehun glared at DATOR. "The very natures of the force and the dark side are non-mechanical! If I join you and become like you, I become disconnnected from the darkside, and lost to it forever!"

Taehun glared at DATOR, and looked away.

--------------------

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.17.49
DATOR

Member # 289

posted 07-20-2002 01:07 AM     Profile for DATOR   Author's Homepage   Email DATOR     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Do not worry..." DATOR said... "Assimilating a force user is beyond us..."

"Our 'machinery', as you put it, cannot control the mind of a force user... that is why we NEED you, we truly do..."

DATOR continued "... If we are to win this battle for the galaxy, we need someone to guide us against our greatest resistance... force users."

DATOR then approached Taehun, and place a hand on his shoulder... "By the way, when we are victorious... which planet would you like?"

DATOR then motioned toward the navigator to continue on threw the galaxy, to prey on the weak and innocent.

"We have quarters set up for you... just follow R-39..." DATOR turned from Taehun, and returned to his familiar captain's chair.

Posts: 58 | From: see loban | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.114
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 07-20-2002 01:18 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Taehun was still steaming from earlier, but here was a reasonable offer...and the only option.

Taehun turned on his heal and began to follow the droid to his new quarters.

It wouldn't be so bad, Taehun thought. He could probably manage to maintain a good amount of freedom, even while working with DATOR. The dark side of the force had guided him here for a reason, and evidently, he was meant to join up with this...army. No, he thought. Not join, but help, perhaps guide, or lead.

But...he saw farther than that.

He saw many oppurtunities...with one in particular gleaming like a bright star on a moonless night.

It was Vengeance.

--------------------

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.17.49
DATOR

Member # 289

posted 07-21-2002 12:02 AM     Profile for DATOR   Author's Homepage   Email DATOR     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
DATOR gave this some thought... And then made his decision...

"Navigator, take us home..."

((OOC: Please follow Taehun and DATOR to the Mech'a thread in this forum, Thank you...))

Posts: 58 | From: see loban | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.163.69

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05