my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » A Rose So Sweet (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Printable Version
Author Topic: A Rose So Sweet
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 01-24-2019 04:38 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The imposing Mage only turned his head slightly, cutting his eyes to Erik at his small comment.

"We are not seeking you," he rasped, then dismissed the man altogether by turning back to the Sith, whose fork was hovering somewhat dramatically over the mountain of food in front of him. The Mage allowed that one a curl of the nose, for although Sith and human had in the past provided companionship with one another it was a fairly rare occurrence. In his humble opinion these were not the gentle beings he was looking for.

But he had his orders, and until he could determine with one hundred percent probability that indeed this pair were but two others, he dared leave no stone unturned. So once again he tipped his horns, this time in Panthar's direction.

"And you?" he asked succinctly, making clear that what he needed in reply could come from no other lips than the strangely startled Sith who sat frozen before him.

[ 01-24-2019 04:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 75.106.180.73
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 02-08-2019 07:39 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Panthar moved the fork of food into his mouth and chewed slowly, never taking his eyes off of the Sith who was speaking.

"Mmmph mm Phanthbbbt--" he began, stopping abruptly to avoid choking on a piece of meat. He held his finger up to pause reality and used this respite to swallow.

"Sorry," he said. "Uh, you say you're looking for Panthar Dantares? Is he, uh, in trouble?"

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 575 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 161.69.122.10
The Ancient Sith

Really Nice Member

Member # 478

posted 02-08-2019 08:39 PM     Profile for The Ancient Sith   Author's Homepage   Email The Ancient Sith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Mage drew himself impossibly taller, clasped his hands within the flowing sleeves of his even more flowing robes, and sneered down his aquiline nose at this... this Sith, who in his opinion not only possessed a most un-Sithlike name, but exhibited the most atrocious table manners ever before seen in the Great Dining Hall.

Propriety prevented his lip from curling as he force his voice to remain calm.

"The Sith of the Sister Worlds of K'eel Doba and Khar Delba are beholden to a Writ of Abeyance, decreed by the Great Dark Lord Aelvedaar himself, instructing that all immediately cease and desist in their daily affairs and instead join together in finding two people, a human named Matt Stanza, and a Sith named..."

He paused fractionally, sniffing.

"Panthar Dantares. Why these personages are being sought is known to only the Dark Lord himself. But such Writs are not given lightly; these men must be either great champions to our worlds, or..."

Another measured pause, one in which he did allow his lip to curl just the tiniest bit.

"Dire threats who must be stopped as soon as possible, and taken before the Dark Lord himself."

[ 02-08-2019 08:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Ancient Sith ]

Posts: 294 | From: | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 75.106.180.73
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 02-08-2019 09:31 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I'm quite certain it's that first thing you said," said Panthar, straightening. He placed his fork dramatically onto the table and ran his hands down the front of his robe, both to ensure that they were proper and neat and to wipe off anything that may have been on his hands.

"You are in luck, my good sir. For although this human here is not on your list of most wanted, you have nonetheless fulfilled your duty as a Sith of fine stature. For, sitting before you, and this will come as a total surprise I am sure, is none other than the one and only Panthar Dantares of which you seek!"

Panthar stood and bowed slightly to the tall Sith.

"And to be clear," he said, "it is definitely that first thing that you said."

--------------------

Posts: 575 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 161.69.122.10
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 02-08-2019 09:40 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Erik Kartan remained quiet throughout all of this exchange, seemingly forgotten.

Which perhaps he had been. And he was actually quite fine with that, recalling how the Dark Lord hadn't even been present when all Sith magicks had fallen silent, and Zackary's incubator had no longer been able to sustain his life.

And recalling how the other one--that Dark Lord Aeylmaar--had turned he and Shayla away when he'd gone to him for help after Shayla had been attacked by Lord Roan and miscarried their child, sent away as mere humans.

If they were mere humans, why the Hell was it of any importance to the Sith to place Zackary into an incubator anyway?

Erik shook himself from his darkening thoughts as best he could, and took a drink from the goblet yet in his hand as the interchange between Panthar and the Sith Mage continued.

[ 02-08-2019 09:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 448 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 02-10-2019 06:09 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(((OCC: Message incoming from Tales of Strength, Life of Honor in the CSWU.

Erik, this is Captain Aaron Barnes of Eagle Enterprises. I attempted to find you via your company, but was notified you had been gone for some time, and may have had some interations on the Guild World. I was hoping I could utilize your company to help determine the location of Galen Danner, who has had some ship trouble and is currently stranded. If you receive this message, please respond.

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 02-10-2019 06:14 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Erik Kartan had been watching the little exchange between the Sith Mage and Panthar unfold when his wristcomm vibrated, indicating that he'd received a message along his personal comm frequency. Despite himself, he eyeballed his wristcomm, hoping that the little buzz had gone unnoticed...

...but not really certain. His wristcomm read: Incoming message from Aaron Barnes.

Erik frowned, taking a drink from his goblet, praying to all the Fates that the Mage was so focused on Panthar he noticed nothing of it. He took a drink from goblet to cover his frown.

Dammit, Barnes, not now....

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 448 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 04-19-2020 08:25 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Panthar heard a sound come from Erik’s direction, and immediately took that as a barely perceptive clearing of the throat.

“And this good man,” he said, twisting his thumb in Erik’s direction, “is assisting me and must accompany me. I simply cannot get by without his assistance, since he is assisting me.”

He threw a sly, satisfied look to Erik, indicating that he caught Kartan’s message and executed it. Erik should be happy!

--------------------

Posts: 575 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 161.69.122.15
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 04-20-2020 10:18 AM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At first Erik was annoyed that Panthar had brought attention to him, and that Aaron’s incoming message had prompted said attention. His eyes darkened for the barest of moments...

...and then his thoughts shifted in an entirely different direction. After all, he was in search of information, and verification of certain beliefs he held. And what better way to get any of that than being on the inside.

After all, he was the husband of the Dark Lady’s Adept. No one here knew anything of his recent dealings with the Guild World, or of his decision to leave Shayla and her Sith behind, not trusting a thing they were telling her.

And truthfully, not very certain anymore that he could trust her either.

“Yes,” Erik then said in response, turning his brown eyes to look at the Mage. “I was alerted of this man’s disappearance by the Heir Apparent Lord Aeylmaar, and was recently able to locate him here.”

This pretty much was the truth, save for a few unmentioned details. Including how he had really departed everyone’s company, dismissed by said Heir Apparent in utter hostility.

Not that you were the most friendly person yourself at the time, came a voice out of nowhere, one that Erik hadn’t anticipated in thee slightest.

He chose to ignore said voice. After all, he and Shayla had just lost their child at the time...

“We were hoping to be able to reconnect with our companions- the Dark Lord and Lady, as well as some others, but they seem to be elsewhere.”

[ 04-20-2020 10:21 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Posts: 448 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 104.0.252.144
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-23-2020 11:15 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((Graysith and Phalomir come in from ”The Hands That Rock The Cradle” in the “Jedi/Sith” forums, thank you.))

...dragging the still-quiet Phalomir along with her, she stepped through...

...and with him tumbled in a heap upon the hard, cold and blessedly real stones of one of the hallways in the Temple of the Sorcerors on Khar Delba.

For a long moment she simply lay there, allowing herself to relish the feel and sound of his still-beating heart before responsibility propelled her to her feet. Using her own inner strength augmented with that given to her in so singular a manner on so singular a day on a very, very singular planet, she hauled his great form upright along with her.

He promptly sagged against her; an ”oof!” of propelled air escaped her as she changed her stance, working to hold him on his feet even as she looked about herself to determine where it was she had sent them.

A rather nondescript hallway, yes, but from the design on the nearest sconce she knew which Great Temple they now found themselves in.

Drawing a breath, she prodded Phalomir into action.

“Come, my dear heart; we must find help for you. For darkness has touched you; feel my strength, fight against it. We need to find Dark Lord Aelvedaar and seek his assistance in this, and once you are well decide what it is we are to do now.”

Saying nothing further she began moving down the sconce-lighted hallway, bearing the weight of the Armorer Dark Lord as best she could.

[ 04-23-2020 12:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3908 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 75.106.180.73
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 04-23-2020 02:41 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Time had passed.

Indeterminable time, endless in the possibilities carried upon its back, black as the equally indeterminable future it pressed before itself.

And into that blackness there suddenly came...

A flash of ravening glory.

My eyes snapped open, volcanic fires flaring within their depths.

She is back. No, THEY are back!

What joyous reunion!

Hastening now, I fling wide the door into my sanctuary, moving swiftly and surely into the corridor without. Time has provided me with an unexpected blessing; who am I to look a gift tuk’ata in the mouth by wasting more of it in the dreary delegation of tasks. Instead, narrowing my focus upon the connection I continue to follow the steady pulsation of light which holds me in guidance to my own Chosen Daughter.

As well as to my Brother, whom I had thought long lost not only to her but to me as well. If not to the very Triad itself, although something deep down screeched out in warning that perhaps the Triad itself may be in mortal, if unseen, danger, perhaps even within the foreseeable future.

Hurrying now, my robes flying about my feet, the sudden clatter of great claws coming up from behind me, I continue following the Call of the All, knowing that within the walls of this great Temple both Jharmeen and Phalomir had finally returned home.

[ 04-23-2020 02:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 394 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 75.106.180.73
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 05-06-2020 10:21 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phalomir breathed in swollen rasps as he slowly gained awareness. He was walking, half-dragging himself as he leaned heavily on another… it was Jharmeen! He staggered a bit as he took more of his own weight under his own strength, but he would not put undo stress upon her. He tried to clear his mind and recall recent events, and understand how he come to this situation.

He remembered the doppelganger, looking at that strange reflection of himself as something within him seemed to snap. It was as if another voice cried out in rage at the mere existence of that other, and it was very confusing. But that was what he remembered, and then he was on his back, and now he was here feeling no other internal presence, so he may have imagined it all.

But there was something else left behind in the Darker Realms. That doppelganger was not right, that much he recalled. It was dark, sinister, evil.

“Jharmeen,” he said thinly, surprising himself with the lack of air behind his voice. He then began to notice the pain within his chest, and number of ribs that were probably broken. “What happened? Where is Shayla?”

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 867 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 161.69.123.10

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05