my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Hands that Rock the Cradle (Page 7)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Hands that Rock the Cradle
Kieran

Member # 948

posted 01-01-2019 08:13 PM     Profile for Kieran   Author's Homepage   Email Kieran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
“Why should that matter?” he asked. “Especially now, that you have decided to leave me? To live. I don’t know what that means, my love. Did I not give you a life here? Did I not provide you with everything you could possibly need? So long I have been waiting here…”

So long? Really? How long was that? What was there before Shayla?

“I gave you a life…”

Visions… ripping into her flesh with his claws, his teeth. Tasting the sweetness of her blood, her life force. Passing his claws deeply into her body, seeking out her heart, replacing her life with his power…

“I… I… Before you…”

His heart sank. He had nothing, no memory of his time before Shayla. But there must have been something, how would he know how to speak? To understand basic concepts? To use his lightning? There must have been something, someone, before. Someone to train him, to make him ready, to prepare…

“… a clone.”

The itching within him twitched once more. He ignored it. He fought for memories, even of recent events. Everything was fading, dwindling. All but the image of what he had done to her. To Shayla.

“I killed you,” he said quietly. “Why? Why would I do that? Who am I?”

Posts: 58 | From: | Registered: Dec 2010  |  Logged: 161.69.122.10
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 01-01-2019 08:24 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shayla sensed the struggle within Kieran. There were so many answers to the questions he had asked, and painful ones at that.

He was a clone. A mere copy created by the Master, as a substitute for the genuine article...

As time ticked on, the implications of this grew even more alarming in Shayla's mind. She let a tendril of this ebb to her Chosen Sister, sensing that time was not on their side.

Or on Kieran's, for that matter.

Shayla reached up and grasped Kieran's chin in her hand. "You are who you choose to be," she said simply, releasing his face and letting her hand fall back to her side.

[ 01-01-2019 08:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1718 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-01-2019 09:08 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
During the entirety of the fleeting discourse between the oddly deflated embodiment of evil and her beloved Sister, who was growing more calm and self-assured with every passing moment, remarkable for the fact that she was-

Insert involuntary shudder here...

...dead, Jharmeen had remained silent. But the niggle Shayla had sent her way, combined with slowly dawning self-understanding on the part of the Dark One prompted her now to speak. She stepped toward him now, raising a hand toward him, struggling to withhold the pity for him that was now flooding through every cell of her being.

For a long moment she merely stood quietly before him, looking upon him, trying to put feeling into words for the sake of one who more than likely had never known any feeling other than hatred and rage and anger... save for those first tentative buds of lightness which she was suddenly determined to nurture.

She chewed her cheek, pondering her words.

"Your destiny was poorly engineered," she began at last. "You were created to give embodiment to Evil. It does not live here in this place; it is this place, which exists outside the universe of love and living beings.

"But-!" She held up a hand, palm out. "You are not of the dead; you live. Yes, you were doppleganger of my love, of Lord Phalomir, Dark Lord of the Sith Armorer Clan; I was told by his..."

She paused a moment, closing her eyes as final doubts raised themselves to then waft away into the darkness around them.

"By his father. He created you, and others in your likeness, to be tools for the Evil which had found home in your form."

But it was not good enough. For some reason, the clone was not good enough. The reasons behind this were entirely unknown to her; all she knew was that the sharp niggle of concern that Shayla had sent her way had been anything but frivolous. To the very heart of her being she knew her love and Lord, the true Phalomir, was in great danger, and remained in danger the longer they remained in this place.

This of course she kept to herself.

She took another step toward Kieran, her hand still raised, seeking to assuage his confusion.

"You are not evil; it merely possessed you. You have the likeness of the Dark Lord of the Sith, but your own being. Your own thoughts, your own experiences, short and horrific as they may have been. We..."

She paused again, shooting a look toward Phalomir, hoping he would not balk at this.

"We can bring you from this terrible place, into the Realm of the Living, so you too can have a life of your own."

[ 01-01-2019 09:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3908 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 75.106.180.73
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 01-01-2019 09:37 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phalomir raised an involuntary eyebrow. His instinct still was to choke the life out of this clone, something about it was not right. He sensed a danger here beyond the approaching imps, beyond the menace of the broken tower, and beyond the visions of Roan that he shared with ShaRhylla. But Jharmeen was often right in these matters, perhaps she was always right.

Phalomir looked at the clone again, this time with a different understanding.

“My father, the Master,” he said. “You know of him, I can see it in your eyes. He is a vile, deceptive, manipulative liar, and I don’t know which of his stories to believe. But I destroyed a series of clones in the past, failed attempts apparently at creating you. I know this is sudden, but what Jharmeen says is true. We can take you with us.”

Kieran’s eyes welled, the impact of the sudden realizations and the even more sudden offer of friendship seemingly too much for him. He lowered his head into his hands and fell to his knees.

Phalomir stepped forward and offered his hand. Kieran hesitated, then took it in his own, allowing the Dark Lord to help him to his feet. They stood for a moment, regarding each other, duplicates. Phalomir then grinned and pulled Kieran close in a brotherly embrace.

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 867 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 161.69.123.10
Kieran

Member # 948

posted 01-01-2019 09:38 PM     Profile for Kieran   Author's Homepage   Email Kieran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The itch returned, this time burning like an ember fanned to life with a blast of fresh air. It caused Kieran to flinch in Phalomir’s embrace, to tighten and go into a rigid paralysis.

He heard in his mind, in a blaring instant, a mix of cacophonous laughter and gleeful jubilance. A flash of heat between the clasped hands of the two giants, a momentary flinching of both Sith, as if something was suddenly shared or passed, and then nothing.

Nothing.

The feeling returned to Kieran as quickly as it had come. Phalomir looked at him with concern, but when the rigidness left Kieran and he was able to remove his hand from its twin, Phalomir’s expression turned more lighthearted. Phalomir, in fact, winked.

Kieran was no longer sure what had brought him to this realm of darkness. He remembered that he done awful things, but he no longer recalled what they were. The relief was immense, and he welcomed the shoulder clap from the Dark Lord.

“Let us take him home, my love,” said Phalomir. “Let us take them all. This meeting was meant to be, like a grand plan coming together. Let us not waste it, a new dawn awaits.”

[ 01-01-2019 09:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kieran ]

Posts: 58 | From: | Registered: Dec 2010  |  Logged: 161.69.123.10
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-01-2019 09:55 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jharmeen frowned at the urgency with which the words seeped forth from the lips of her beloved. The smile, so recently softening her lips, quickly faded.

In the distance, a slobbering yowl wafted into her ears.

"But my love," she replied, her own voice now filled with consternation, torn as she was between getting her love away from the danger the Darker Realms presented to him, and fearing for the safety of another.

"I cannot leave without ShaRhylla. I nearly lost her once to the Darkness of this place, and will not allow her to fall into its clutches again."

--------------------

Posts: 3908 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 75.106.180.73
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 01-01-2019 10:13 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shayla's mind shifted to the sudden disappearance of ShaRhylla...

...and of the other being that had been here with her and Kieran, before the others had arrived.

Shayla's look darkened, troubled.

"Where would she have gone?" Shayla asked, knowing that the question was seemingly inane, but also knowing that a being as strong as ShaRhylla wouldn't just disappear.

And she knew these Realms well.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1718 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 01-01-2019 10:32 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phalomir suddenly looked troubled. Something felt amiss, something deep within him, starting small like the onset of a virus. He shook his head to clear it.

“Of course,” he said. “We cannot leave without ShaRhylla. I must have not realized she had left. We came here to find Roan as well as Shayla. One goal has been accomplished, perhaps she is in pursuit of the other at this very moment. I remember some details of the vision, perhaps that can help. Do you still share a link with her? Perhaps you can locate her?”

Phalomir also came to realize the distant sound of imps was no longer so distant. He surveyed the approaching hoard and could make out the snarling faces of those in the front ranks.

“But whatever we do,” he said, “I suggest we do it with haste. There are far too many imps now to fight and I am fresh out of ships.”

--------------------

Posts: 867 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 161.69.122.10
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-14-2019 04:33 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
She paused for a moment stretching into eternity, simply looking up into the dear face of her great love and Lord, and proceeded to commit the most difficult act she had ever undertaken in her life. Oh, she had indeed performed acts similar throughout her tenure as Chosen Daughter of the Sith, but never in so convoluted or protective manner as she did now.

For there was something amiss. Of this she was positive. Phalomir would not have put thoughts of ShaRhylla off to one side as easily as he had, that was not his character. For it was her firm belief that he believed she could truly return to them, to be completely cleansed of this horrid non-reality and become daughter to them if not by complete bloodline, then by...

Acceptance.

A whisper of non-acceptance wafted from Phalomir into her heart, and for the merest of moments she allowed herself to frown, quickly underscoring that frown with worried thoughts of her daughter.

Then she proceeded to act.

She knew they had to follow ShaRhylla, just as they knew the greatest foe was yet to be revealed to them. She knew they had to confront this foe...

Only who exactly this foe is, and where he lurks has yet to be revealed.

That was the last surface thought she allowed herself on the subject. Taking all the love she felt for the great Dark Lord, she molded it into a tiny kernal, hoarding it away in her deepest soul of souls as she had years ago with Darth Wicked, there to protect it with...

I WILL SEEK NO PROFFERED CRUMBS!

The slavering Beast, who hunkered now, great scything claws rounding the little kernal, keeping it from her and her from IT until the time came that it was safe to release it again. Drawing strength now from that Beast...

Step back now. Farther. Farther. See the power, see All correctly, grasp the power to USE IT CORRECTLY..

She created within herself another, broader kernel of love for Lord Phalomir. This she wrapped about the slavering Beast, knowing IT was there just lurking, waiting for the time that the false kernel would crumble and release it to destroy that which they came to destroy. And in that destruction truly save the body and soul of ShaRhylla.

"Come, my Lord," she smiled up into her Lord's eyes. Nothing but love was presented in hers, yet as she peered deeply into his for that moment it was to come up against a strangely familiar wall.

Not allowing herself to react in the slightest, she turned from him then to sense out into the Regions for the flicker of life which was ShaRhylla.

[ 01-14-2019 04:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 01-14-2019 07:28 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As Phalomir began to follow Jharmmeen, who was questing out to sense for ShaRhylla no doubt, Shayla turned to Kieran to indicate she would be following along...

...only to stop short before saying anything. The truth was, she had been so focused on the Jharmeen and her sudden realization that ShaRhylla had disappeared that she really hadn't been paying attention to anything else that had been going on. So, expecting to see a look of hesitation or confusion on Kieran's face, as there had been up until then, she was struck by his look of utter relief.

Shayla frowned slightly. Maybe he thought...

"I am going with them," she said, stretching out a hand...and a tendril of herself...to gauge his reaction to this, knowing how he felt about Jharmeen.

Not that it mattered. Jharmeen had Chosen her as her Sister, and she in turn Chose to be the Adept. Nothing would change that.

But when Shayla reached to Kieran..she was impacted by somethinng she couldn't quite put her finger on. In the past, they had been connected, for while he was living or not he was a part of the Realms, as she was in Death. But now...

Shayla knew he had to make a choice, as did she. For her, the choice was almost instantaneous, not even a whisper of a doubt.

"If you're coming, now is the time," she said simply, turning away from him to follow behind Jharmeen, and to assist in whatever way would be required.

[ 01-14-2019 07:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Kieran

Member # 948

posted 04-19-2020 07:41 PM     Profile for Kieran   Author's Homepage   Email Kieran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kieran glanced to the woman before him, who now turned with a swirl. She seemed quite familiar, the memory spinning on the tip of his mind. A feeling so profound, so powerful, moved his feet to follow her. His stride surprised him as he caught up with her in no time.

She was lovely. Her golden hair flowed in the non-air of the strange atmosphere, and the sideway glace she threw to him flashed greeny-blue eyes that stirred his interest. Whatever he was doing here, he hoped it had something to do with this woman.

He looked down at his own hands, seeing he was different from her. His appearance was more in line with the large fellow walking up ahead, the man who had offered his hand. That one had large horns protruding from his head, and Kieran’s hand went to his own head and grasped his own horn. He then noticed the powerful arm before his eyes, and flexed his bicep.

He returned his arm to his side. Again he looked to the woman walking beside him, and again felt a strong attachment. He decided to act on this, testing his instinct. He sidled his hand to hers and took it. Her initial reaction was not to pull away, so perhaps there was something to this feeling. He smiled, looking ahead now to the other pair. The female said something about finding someone else. And now he was a part of this search. For whoever it was. But it didn’t matter, he felt good. Like something that had been bothering him was now no longer as problem.

“I think we’ll find her,” he said. “I have a good feeling about this.”

The other red man looked back, at first giving him a pleasant look that seemed to make his eye glint. Then in an instant, that glint turned into a burning glare and a flash of red seemed to fly from his eye. Suddenly Kieran felt the strength flow from him, as if his muscles no longer had the power of animation. His vision went blurry, then dark. He drew no breath, his heart ceased to beat. Another two steps and he collapsed, his hand falling from Shayla's.

Posts: 58 | From: | Registered: Dec 2010  |  Logged: 161.69.122.15
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-19-2020 08:46 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Graysith’s hand slipped from the firm grasp of her beloved as Kieran’s own hand, suddenly diminished as was his entire appearance, slipped suddenly from it’s grasp with Shayla’s. For but the briefest of seconds she let surprise run sway within her, letting it take her and give her perhaps a new view from which to assess this sudden turn of events.

For Kieran, once appearing so evil and hateful... actually sounded as if he had every good intention not only for the path they would take, but for every member of the group now treading upon it.

He sounded... GOOD.

She managed to stifle the gasp of outright astonishment that rose within her, letting it lend fuel to her feet as she hastened to where he had fallen. Shayla, strangely, didn’t seem to be making any reaction to this sudden happening at all.

That can be addressed later. But now...

She reached out a hand, laid it softly against the broad chest of the doppelgänger. It lay icily dormant beneath her touch.

“He- he is dead,” she said quietly, then rising to her feet, the movement given impetus by the strange consideration that followed so closely upon its heels.

For how could one die in this place of the dead?

A tiny part of her rose up in logical affrontery; pushing with all her strength, she squelched it. Hid it behind the normalcy of concern and confusion as expected in the situation they suddenly found themselves in.

She stayed quiet, but merely turned up loving eyes to meet those of her Chosen Sister, and her love.

[ 04-19-2020 08:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 04-19-2020 09:14 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu Kartan stood frozen in space, seemingly non-responsive to what was happening.

The truth of things was far from that.

This couldn’t be happening, it just couldn’t be. And the strangest thing Shayla realized, in this moment, was that in all that she had done here with Kieran, at some point he had become no longer her captor, or even her companion or equal...

....and that she had feelings for He that- at least in those moments- was Dark.

For another incomprehensible second, Shayla seemed to have no reaction whatsoever...

...then in a flash, she was on her knees, at Kieran’s side, cupping his face, shaking her head.

”Nooooo...”

Without even thinking of it, Shayla stretched out...

...not to the Force, nor to the All, but something else entirely. For while Kieran’s body was by all outward appearances dead....this was the the Darker Realms. And he was connected to it...

..as was she. For in her death, He had made her Queen of this Realm.

She knew him...

No longer seeing anything without other than him, Shayla’s heart broke to see his lifeless eyes.

Noooo.....Kieran....

Closing her eyes, she stretched out with her senses, seeking, searching...

...and unwilling to relent until she found him...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1718 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 104.0.252.144
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 04-19-2020 09:53 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IT... some... THING... called to her.

And so she came.

Suddenly here, she simply took a step, one foot in the rubble of white, the next beside that of the fallen Kieran, her mother, the one who seemed to seek to be her father...

... and the young sea-green eyed one who was OH SO VERY CLOSE to something she was yet unaware of, to something that whispered to her words of enticing seduction, to someone who could be her own Chosen Sister...

Ignoring her - (???) - mother, shooting a haughty glare at He-Who-Held-The-Form, she came aside the young and shaken woman who seemed lost in grief at the side of the fallen Kieran.

Smiling, she held out a hand to her.

“I can save him, you know,” was all she said... and waited.

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 577 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 75.106.180.73
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 04-19-2020 10:44 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It is her.

She who was everything, she who for whom I would do all, she who is the true mistress of the night. The darkest of dark hearts. She feels it, she can sense it….

Oh bother.

This is an unwanted distraction.

She can sense it, but she must not know for certain. Not now. Not yet.

Let her work her plan, let her appease these women and their senseless caterwauls. That’s what will come next, you know. They’ll sniffle and cry, fawn and pout. And at some point they’ll try to do something with that lifeless corpse. Oh yes, that shell is no longer needed. A useless clone of perfection, no longer necessary and in fact a potential problem, but this… this is not acceptable. Allow this, before the blonde realizes her power.

Phalomir knelt and placed his hand on Shayla’s back.

“I do not understand,” he said. “What has happened? And what do you mean, ShaRylla?”

[ 04-19-2020 10:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Posts: 867 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 161.69.122.15
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 04-19-2020 11:33 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
She drew herself up, her very affrontery affronted...but paused just the slightest. Almost as if...

Shaking her head to herself, her posture straightened even further.

“You have no power here,” she snarled in reply.

“Begone!”

She then turned a slyly seductive smile back to Shayla.

“”He does love you, you know,” she whispered.

--------------------

Posts: 577 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 75.106.180.73
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 04-20-2020 06:40 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Something pulled Shayla away from her outward search to find Kieran....

....that something at first being the words of the now-present ShaRhylla.

Yes. He does love you. And you love him too, Darkness and all...

Within, a kernel of Shayla’s self raised a hand in warning....

...but was very unsuccessful in stopping the line of thought- and realization- now slamming into Shayla’s very being. Only the touch of Phalomir’s hand distracted her from those thoughts...

...and she opened her eyes to look into his. Another flag of warning waved, for something about his actions was oh-so-very not Phalomir. Shayla didn’t let a hint of this show on her outward features, and she kept it buried deep within. Instead she looked towards Jharmeen, knowing her Chosen Sister could sense what she felt.

Her Chosen Sister...

Shayla’s response to Phalomir was a simple pulling away from his hand on her back. Her eyes remained on Jharmeen, but turned distant, and the revelation within continued.

She did love Kieran. And here, in this place that she had first come to for other reasons, perhaps something had changed within.

No not perhaps. Something indeed had changed.

Shayla’s greeny-blue eyes cleared, and she considered Jharmeen.

You can be whole....

Deep within Shayla’s soul- but not nearly as deep as it had been- a door beckoned to be opened. A door which had remained locked, and hidden away for far too long.

You are dead, Shayla Stargazer Petrolu. But like Kieran, you most certainly are not gone. For in this place of Darkness and Death, you have life....

...and remember what you have learned, at the teaching of Jharmeen, no less. The opposite of Love is not hate; there is much more than the mundane training that the opposite of Good is evil....

...for remember the blanworm. What is good to one is evil for another.

What is Light to one is Darkness to another.

Passion and Apathy...

Now there was the truth of it all.

Shayla now got to her feet, her greeny-blue eyes shifting to regard ShaRhylla. Something deeply within Shayla’s soul considered the young woman, and something else entirely.

And eerily enough, something deeply buried within Shayla Stargazer Petrolu settled, sitting back and folding her arms, and cocking her head, waiting for her to realize the truth.

You can be whole....

Shayla turned to Jharmeen, seeking understanding...

....and somehow realizing it would be there.

“My Sister....” she said softly, the words quiet, but full of meaning. For the barest of moments, Shayla’s eyes shifted slightly to Phalomir...

...and then she turned to ShaRhylla, extending her hand....

...and taking her already extended, waiting one. “My Sister...”

[ 04-20-2020 07:18 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1718 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 104.0.252.144
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-20-2020 08:03 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There comes a time in the life of every Teacher, when that shining moment occurs and it is realized that the student has finally grasped the final lesson. Not simply in simple memorization or rote repetition, but in true assimilation...

...and application thereof.

She sees the blarnworm truly, now. The decaying apple never shone so brightly for her.

She... understands.

The hand that Jharmeen had begun to reach out to her beloved and always Chosen Sister slowly dropped to her side. The very smallest of smiles curled the edges of her mouth, and her long lashes hid the fire of her brilliant eyes as she closed them, nodding only once in response to Shayla’s action. Then she firmed, straightened, and remained silent, now casting a somewhat haughty look of her own in the direction of her daughter as she waited to see what that impetuous Halfling would do next.

On her forehead, the welcoming warmth of her Glyph began a warning rumble, holding back impossible energies which would only to readily be released should subsequent actions from ShaRhylla warrant it. Silent as a stone, she simply waited.

As did Time itself, if that construct could even be said to exist in the noisome place.

--------------------

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 04-22-2020 07:33 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phalomir watched the scene unfold before him, not fully understanding where ShaRhylla had stepped from. But that did not distress him as much as the time lapse he suddenly felt. He swore that he was just turning to regard Shayla and the doppleganger as they walked behind, and now suddenly he was standing here with a fallen Kieran and Shayla having a strange moment.

He was kneeling, his hand outstretched as if it had been reaching for something. He felt a trace of something within, some residual slime of foreign – something. Instinctively, he called upon his Entitlement for protection should another blackout occur, and vowed to see the physician should he return to K’eel Doba.

For now, however, he had to focus on the now. And now was Shayla, ShaRhylla, Jharmeen, and a very lifeless Kieran. He stood, and sidled a step to Jharmeen, and then gave her a look that indicated his confusion.

--------------------

Posts: 867 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 161.69.122.15
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 04-22-2020 08:30 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A sly grin slid across ShaRhylla’s face. All about her, quiet confusion abounded.

She could read it in the eyes of the ridiculous Dark Lord, who was standing about looking like a gandyrak stricken by headlights. She could feel it in the deep trembling of the hand holding hers; quickly she gave it a squeeze, as if assuring the young blonde that yes, everything was going to be all right.

But most of all she could sense it in the very demeanor of her mother, as revealed by the ravening wonder sitting there upon her forehead. Being inherent with the All herself, she could not help but know on a level deeper than that felt in one’s bones, in one’s very soul, that when that Glyph ravened...

It was not at peace.

Well! she thought to herself then. Let me resolve the issue for them... now and forever more!

Her smile exploded into a full-blown snarl of victory as with cat-like grace and dianoga quickness, she yanked on Shayla’s hand, whirling the young woman about full circle until she came to a halt next to the Halfling’s hot body. Her other hand reached down and down, fingers spread in dark entreaty to the noisome non-ness roiling at their feet... which suddenly began burbling and bubbling like oozing tar seeking discharge from Hell itself. The very being of the Realms, that which was Entaris, that which, dormant, now screeched for embodiment...

And ShaRhylla, filled with Darkness given to her by it, filled likewise with the only thing that could both assist and destroy it... chose to assist.

The oily ichor rose up, twining about, tendrils winding about tendrils, now reaching her fingertips, winding up her arm, writhing in a fiery, burning embrace of love/hate once lost, now found. Her snarl widened even more, her young throat giving forth a bursting animalistic roar of victory, of territory, of ownership as with a sudden jerk she moved her arm until a lazing tendril dripped from it...

And touched the still body of Kieran.

In a blink, the entirety disappeared. ShaRhylla’s arm was again as whole and glistening white as the rest of her flesh, a stark oxymoron in this place of death and drear.

Her eyes flashed as she watched the blackness completely cover Kieran... then absorb into him. It did not merely “take over” his senses, or his blood or his heart. It simply took him up into itself, the two becoming one, the dead suddenly finding sensation again in strange non-life, a being of black, his soul assimilated by and transforming into her own beloved...

”Entaris...” she breathed.

The arm holding Shayla loosened, thrust her forward, the momentum of the motion causing her to fall and land directly atop the awakening Kieran.

“Sssseeee?” The words hissed between sibilant lips.

“He loves you. Now, show him how much you love him, my dear sweet Sister.

“Take your time. We have eternity.

“We’re all dead, you know.”

[ 04-22-2020 08:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Posts: 577 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 166.182.82.61
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 04-22-2020 09:15 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In a place buried somewhere deep within Shayla, a little voice cried in warning. Warning that she should have known. Warning that this is what happens when you turn to the Dark. But that little voice was met by a new understanding of something beyond such mundane constructs.

The blan worm...two sides to every coin...

From where she had been thrown atop Kieran, Shayla recovered quickly and rose with a surprising amount of grace, considering the suddenness and force of ShaRhylla’s movements.

For the moment, Shayla turned from Kieran...

...her greeny-blue eyes falling into the violet-ringed turquoise ones of ShaRhylla. She cocked her head, considering.

Shayla was indeed dead, and part of this place, just as ShaRhylla had said. But ShaRhylla...

“And shall you show him as well?” Shayla asked a bit strangely. “Or will you control him? He is the very being of this place...

...but you are more than that...”

--------------------

~~CMH~~

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 04-22-2020 09:33 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Halfling pinned a fiery glare upon Shayla.

”Now, why would I wish to control him? He is part and heart of me, he made me, and the daughters between us!”

Now she took a step closer, and another and yet one more. Out of her peripheral vision she could see absolutely no movement coming from Dark Lord Phalomir, no movement from her mother other than the Glyph ravening up the electromagnetic spectrum into shorter wavelengths than before. She snorted to herself at that.

How pitiful, to have to wave a banner about like that. But of course, she did not come by the wonderful All naturally, as have I. She had to have it... branded upon her.

And therein lies a great and fierce weakness.

The fools, for not seeing this!

Another last step, and she brought herself up short directly before Shayla. Looked her straight in the eye, long and hard and deep. The piercing arrow of that gaze struck something equally hard, deep within the young woman.

She recoiled as if from...

Life itself.

“You lie!” She whispered in a voice of ice, taking yet another backward step as she did so.

“You do not love him; I am giving him to you, for us, but you rebuff me.

”YOU LIE!”

With a fearsome yowl she raised a hand to strike, fingers clawed, ready to unleash that which was within her, that which Entaris had taught her, that which with blood and the soul of this place had brought into being her daughters... but stopped. Slowly she lowered her hand, then held it out to Kieran, all the while never letting her eyes leave Shayla’s.

“We’re going to have such fun with you... Sister!” she snarled.

”With all of you!”

[ 04-22-2020 09:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

Posts: 577 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 166.182.82.61
Kieran

Member # 948

posted 04-22-2020 09:56 PM     Profile for Kieran   Author's Homepage   Email Kieran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kieran, laying prone under Shayla one minute, was suddenly standing next to her the next. He stared deeply into her eyes, even as he reached out and grabbed the proffered hand of the halfling.

“No one controls me,” said Kieran. He placed his other hand under Shayla’s chin, firmly yet gently, and pulled her close to him to stare into her eyes. “I am here, returned.”

Shayla’s dubious look did nothing to dissuade him. “And I love you,” he said silkily, his smile broadening. He stared at her for a brief moment that seemed to last an eternity, then shot a glance at ShaRhylla.

“I love you all”, he smiled, returning his attention to Shayla. His eyes flashing wildly for a second, and he brought her face violently to his. At the last instant he stopped, then kissed her. It was a kiss both fervent and desperate, yet filled with a longing and desire that brought about an almost corporeal air of tenderness and passion about them.

He pushed Shayla back gently, still holding his hand below her chin.

“Forever,” he smiled. His fangs glistened as the smile broadened, a wet drop of blood falling from one and landing on his bottom lip. He turned his head to ShaRhylla.

“Endlessly.”

Posts: 58 | From: | Registered: Dec 2010  |  Logged: 161.69.122.15
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 04-22-2020 10:45 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phalomir watched with growing trepidation as the scene before him unfolded. He did not fully understand what had just happened, only that ShaRhylla had performed an act of supreme darkness to reanimate the dead corpse of the doppelganger.

He seemed quite friendly, but something about this whole ordeal set alarms blaring within Phalomir’s head. His senses as a Sith, a Dark Lord, and protector of his people told him something tremendous and terrible just occurred. The hairs on his neck stood up, his lips curled back into a snarl and exposed the deadly fangs he himself possessed. His claws unthinkingly extended as the heat from his brow rose and evaporated the sweat from his brow into steam.

He felt he was not alone. Something, from somewhere deep inside him, a lurking presence such as he had felt before with Panthar and Thoran, yet somehow much darker and powerful, snarled in unison. Anger billowed forth in waves of pure hatred, adding to Phalomir’s own fury. He felt ready to burst.

“NOW!” came a voice from within, blending with his own frantic thoughts. He had launched himself forward before he even realized he done it, clawed hands thrusting forward to the neck of this imposter, this unnecessary duplicate, this artifact of an age long gone. This was HIS time now!

Kieran let go of Shayla and ShaRylla as the huge Sith Lord flew at him. The impact created a resounding thud that sent Kieran flying backwards, with Phalomir landing with a crushing thump on top. Phalomir sat on the imposter’s chest and struck downward with all of his might. He landed blow after blow, delivering punishment that would have caved a human’s head. After a while he slowed, then stopped. Panting, he looked down to his handiwork, blood dripping from his clenched fists. He stared at the bloodied, dead version of his own face.

Kieran’s eyes flung open. Before Phalomir could register this, Kieran’s arms flew up and his open hands pounded into Phalomir’s chest. Phalomir flew backwards into the air and landed on his back 20 feet away. When he opened his eyes, Kieran was standing over him, smiling, his face as clear as it was moments before.

“I love you as well”, he said, smiling. “But I sense that you are not ready to receive my love. Go, grow, and return to me when you are whole.”

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-23-2020 10:57 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was as if she was the only one capable of truly seeing through the violence of these sudden events, that only she could sense the very heart, the causal factor if you will, behind it all, still lurking deep within the deception she hope the others managed to sense pouring off of the smiling Keiran.

He is Keiran no longer. He IS Entaris, if that entity could ever truly have been assigned individuality. For how does one do so to the very embodiment of evil? One does not; one simply accepts it as a focus, and if one is wise one knows when it is time to face it and fight...

... or make a strategic retreat.

Now was that time.

She flew to Phalomir’s side, avoiding physical contact with the oozing embodiment yet standing over him, a patronizing smile planted upon his features. Dropping to her knees she placed both hands on the great Dark Lord’s shoulders, tugging at them, entreating him to move, to be wise now, to be a Dark Lord of the Sith.

“Come, my Love; it is time. We must go from this place, and quickly.”

Before her fallen love could respond, she dragged him upright, her hands sliding down to grasp his own to yank and tug until he stood, swaying, on his feet. He turned his head down to hers, blood and sweat dripping from the hard planes of his face.

For the briefest of moments, before Keiran or the Dark Halfling...

For now she knew in her very soul that her daughter was indeed lost...

...could react, she turned her head and shot a look deeply into Shayla’s eyes.

The Apple. Remember the Apple...

She dared send no more. Unwilling to remain there one moment longer, she merely loosened one hand from its grip within Phalomir’s, raised it, and with forefinger and little extended just so, thumb curled like this, she made a twisting motion with her wrist which this time ended with her arm jerking up in a great, swooping arc.

The Glyph on her forehead ravened, reaching out to beyond the non-energies inherent in this place of non-ness, by-passing them entirely, until at length it came into contact with something other.

Something... usable.

Now brilliant energies flashed blue and violet, searing the darkness, reaching the remnants of their destroyed ship, finding that energy yet enclosed within the remaining molecules of reality, and using that reality opened a portal. It writhed into being less than a meter from her; giving her welcome access to the portion of the Universe that sentient beings term real.

A final look at Shayla... and dragging the still-quiet Phalomir along with her, she stepped through.

The Portal winked closed in their wake with a little snip of finality.

((Follow Graysith and Phalomir into ”A Rose So Sweet” in the “Jedi/Sith” forums (cross-reference to “Motes in an Electric Eye” for future information), thank you.

[ 04-23-2020 11:02 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05