my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Another Shade of All (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Another Shade of All
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 06-13-2008 12:05 AM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik turned to look at Panthar, hurt in his eyes. "I hope not," he managed. "I mean, we haven't even buried..."

He faltered. "...our son."

Quieting for a moment then, Erik tried to gather his thoughts. "I guess we could look in the ship first. She is a pilot after all...

...and has been known to retreat there in the past when she needs to."

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 72.154.99.174
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 06-13-2008 12:38 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“All right,” said Panthar, “let’s do this then.”

Seeing the emotional tug of war in Erik’s eyes, Panthar said nothing more and began walking towards the temple entrance chambers. Erik followed, and soon both men were standing outside the temple, shielding their eyes from the sun.

Panthar looked around but saw no sign of Shayla, then tilted his head towards the outer edge of the populace and began walking with Erik. The sun glinted against something high in the sky, and Panthar strained his eyes to see what it was, but it disappeared into the clouds.

Looking at each other, Panthar and Erik hurried along to the edge of town and in a few minutes they crested the hill where the ship had been left behind.

Had been…

“Um…” said Panthar. “This doesn’t bode well… ”

[ 06-13-2008 02:13 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.74.205
Aeylmaar

Heir Apparent to Dark Lord, Sorcerer Clan of the Sith

Member # 416

posted 06-13-2008 01:13 AM     Profile for Aeylmaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aeylmaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aeylmaar stared with some surprise at the goblet he held. Somehow, without him being quite conscious of the fact, it had become empty. He blinked and held it up, scrutinizing the gold-work that chased itself in and around an intricate arrangement of rare blue krayt dragon pearls.

Lovely, he thought a touch muzzily. A lovely thing, cold and... real.

He gave a start at that, then refilled the goblet and took it over to the fireplace. There his focus fell upon the dancing flames, which seemed to be trying to tell him something. They flared and swirled, snapped and smoked, sending tongues of energy soaring high up in the back of the great stone barrier, sending their vicious heat shooting out to skim his skin.

He leaned into it, closing his eyes now, relishing that heat as, in lieu of the flames, other images began dancing upon his inner eyelids.

The blockade. Hadn't there been a blockade? Who had brought that blockade to the Sith worlds?

Humans.

His eyes flashed open, but he no longer saw the fire in front of them. There was too much beginning to leap within those amber orbs; he raised the goblet to his lips and took a savage drink of it.

And who destroyed it--? A human, albeit one Chosen by Father.

Chosen.

The word had meant something very special to him. He had been chosen too, chosen to follow in his Father's stead as Dark Lord of the Sith. But, he reasoned, should this not have been a singular honor?

Why was She Chosen, too?

He knew a little of the All, and what it meant to his people. He knew a tiny bit of the story, mentioned in passing by Lord Aelvedaar, that it was She who was needed to resurrect their people--

And She was human.

He shook his head a couple of time in trying to clear it, the brandy now doing what brandy does very well to a first-time imbiber who doesn't know how to restrain himself. At length he gave up altogether, and swayed, his arm dropping, the goblet clattering to the stone floor unnoticed.

Father always said... but there should have been a way, another way. How could he have done this, a human to save us? We who have always saved the humans and others in our care?

He blinked, made a motion to drain his goblet, then stared in startled amusement to find his hand was empty. He opened his hand wide, spreading his fingers, admired his sharp claws upon them, then closed his hand in a fist.

True colors are coming into focus this day...

Now a dark-haired image swam before his eyes. It was followed by others, the entire party there in the temple. Vague memories of him helping these people, leading some from the dungeons, assisting in finding others, floated amidst the jittery, growing throng in his head. Superimposed over it all was a glimpse of flaming hair, overlaid with eyes more flaming so as to be volcanic.

A black shadow called "Vong" lurked somewhere beneath.

How do I consider them? he mourned to himself. What am I supposed to think?

No answer came, but the damage was done. Illogical though his thought processes might have been, the seed was firmly planted. He swayed slightly on his feet, then stumbled to a nearby divan, where he let himself sink down with a heavy-eyed sigh.

I don't know what to think...

--------------------

No greater honor can any Sith ask, than to serve his Clan and his Lord.

Posts: 143 | From: Khar Delba | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 06-13-2008 11:29 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For some length of time, Shawn Petrolu searched without the Temple for Shayla, without success. Deciding that he should look no further before returning to consult with the others, Shawn returned to the quiet healing chambers where he had left them, only to find it empty. Knowing no other place to go, not familiar enough with the Temple to go further nor feeling comfortable in doing so, Shawn returned to the most logical place where he might find others.

The Dining Hall.

Upon entry, he scanned the room, at length finding Aeylmaar sitting on a divan, his eyes distant and dark. Frowning to himself in concern, Shawn approached quietly, nodding in consideration to the other.

"Shayla is not without the Temple, unless she has gone much further out," he said quietly. Aeylmaar's eyes remained dark and somehow...

...troubled. Even without the Force, Shawn could keenly sense the tension there. He quietly took a seat on the other side of the divan. "You did all that you could," he then said simply to Aeylmaar.

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 06-13-2008 11:39 AM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
All the brief resolve Erik had been striving to maintain despite the loss of the baby and disappearance of Shayla fled with the wind with this new set of circumstances. Trained in the ways of a Jedi though he was, Erik could only handle such a charade for so long.

And wasn't that precisely what it was? some little voice snorted within. The Jedi were always promoting no emotion, no fear...

...no feelings. Which was the very reason you could never be one of them.

Erik looked to Panthar, his eyes clouding. "She's gone," he then whispered, looking down to the ground. "She's gone..."

[ 06-13-2008 11:39 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Aeylmaar

Member # 416

posted 06-13-2008 12:28 PM     Profile for Aeylmaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aeylmaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aeylmaar pulled himself to a shuddery upright position on the divan, turned, and stared Shawn directly in the eye.

"I know," he said simply, swallowed, and tightened his lips before falling silent.

--------------------

Posts: 143 | From: Khar Delba | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 06-13-2008 09:54 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn met Aeylmaar's stare with an even, clear look. He still sensed tension but debated on whether he should press the matter any further or simply drop it.

"Erik and Shayla will realize this in time as well...

...if they have not already." He quieted for a moment, frowning a bit to himself, troubled by the vehemence in Erik's actions. He hadn't any idea why he was acting thus. "I am sorry about the undue anger which has been directed your way," he said then, hoping he wasn't sounding trite.

--------------------

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 06-13-2008 10:51 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar looked slowly at Erik, fighting back an urge to say “duh”. Instead, he sighed heavily and put his hand on Erik’s shoulder.

“That much is clear,” he said. “I don’t understand women at all, but maybe you can tell me why she might have done this. It’s really rather… well, annoying. Again, I don’t pretend to know what is going through her head, but it seems that this is a time when she would want to be with you.”

Panthar took his hand from Erik and scratched his own head.

“But, that can be discussed on the way back. Because now we really need to rely on Aeylmaar’s hospitality to get a way to K’eel Doba, or anywhere else.”

Panthar turned and walked, waiting for Erik to follow. He paused at the top of the hill, and eventually Erik turned and joined him. Then together they began the long walk back to the Temple.

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 06-13-2008 11:18 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik walked along with Panthar back toards the Temple, his heart growing heavier and heavier with every step.

He and Shayla should be mourning this together. Burying their son together. But she had gone...

...and he wasn't even certain why.

"I don't know why she left," he said, sighing heavily. "She hasn't been the same since we left him here..."

His eyes defocused as he thought. "No, before then really."

He trailed a moment then, shaking his head. "I just don't know anymore," he admitted. "I don't know where to even go from here."

As he finished saying as much, the Temple loomed closer and closer in sight...

...and he could understand Shayla's feelings somewhat. For quite suddenly he did not want to face what he was about to have to deal with. At least Shayla's disappearance had provided a momentary...

...distraction.

If only it had ended in actually finding her. What if she was about to do something drastic in the face of the loss of their son...?

[ 06-13-2008 11:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 06-13-2008 11:36 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Well,” said Panthar, “the first thing you need to do I guess is decide if you are going to go after her or hope she comes to find you. I don’t know where you’d begin to look for her. I’m sure she’ll be back, though, so you shouldn’t have to go looking. Maybe it’s like one of those ‘I need to be alone’ times?”

Or maybe it’s one of those ‘I am still possessed by the Darkness after all and need to go talk to my Vong buddies’ moments…?

“But anyway, I can do the talking to Aeylmaar. He did already offer the use of those TIE’s that they have. Oh wow, I hope I'm not sounding callous, but I think I need to stay on task, or else I would love to go help you.”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 06-16-2008 07:41 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik paused a moment to frown at Panthar before continuing to move towards the nearing Temple. "Yeah," he then said, archinga brow a bit, his eyes dark and distant. "I just don't know if I can find her," he then said, shaking his head. "The only other times I can think of that she has bailed on me like this..."

He froze, an answer dawning on him. "She's gone to Graysith."

Quieting then, he stood for a moment, closing his eyes as if to block out the possible reality, before beginning to move once more as the doors to the Temple loomed just in front of them. "I just need to bury my son," he then said quietly. "But I don't know if it would be right to do so without Shayla here."

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 06-16-2008 07:48 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar nodded.

“If she went to Graysith, then she might be assuming she is on Endor. In that case, she’ll probably be back soon. But didn’t you say you wanted to bury your son with his own people? Where would that be? Would she have gone there?”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 97.113.162.127
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 06-17-2008 04:39 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Still moving, Erik frowned, pondering Panthar's question.

Who were their people?

He and Shayla weren't Jedi. She had no family alive other than her brother, and his family back on Corellia had passed as well. Aside from that, he wasn't particularly welcome there after he had broken ties before his Jedi trials. And he had sold Stargazer Corp.

"Shayla's family is all dead except her twin brother, and she spent her growing years in the Praxeum on Yavin," Erik finally replied, sighing heavily once more. "It's very unlikely she would have gone there, especially considering her feelings about the Jedi."

He paused then, as a dark observation came to the forefront of his mind. "And the last time I went after Shayla when she left me I was trapped in a bunch of vines, pinned in place and left there to die...

...by her."

His thoughts further darkened. "I can't bury the baby without her." He shook his head, his eyes distant. "I can't."

Saying nothing further, Erik fell into silence as he and Panthar took the last few steps towards the Temple, approaching the entrance where the same two Sith gaurds stood. Erik nodded in acknowledgement of their presence, his eyes yet distant, as they recognized he and Panthar and allowed them both entrance. They worked their way down the corridors until they worked their way back to the Dining Hall. They worked their way to where Shawn and Aeylmaar sat on the divan.

"She's taken the ship and left," Erik then said to both parties, shaking his head, suddenly at a loss for what else to do or say. "I have no idea where she might have gone...

...or how I should proceed from here. We haven't even buried our son..."

He trailed then, unable to say anything further.

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 06-17-2008 11:48 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Lord Aeylmaar,” said Panthar, placing a hand on Erik’s shoulder from behind. “This is a trying time for us all, and this man’s worries are now compounded tenfold. Men are different from Sith, and I can speak with some experience on both sides, and worries such as these tend to disrupt a man’s normal thought patterns. Is there a place where he might take some rest to let his mind catch up with the last few moments?”

With the last sentence, Panthar pantomimed the swallowing of a pill, hoping his hint would be taken. To the best of his reckoning, Erik was in shock, and no amount of further distress was good for him. What he needed, in Panthar’s view, was a mild sedative.

“Shayla has indeed left the planet in the ship. But Erik has suggested that she may have run to Graysith for comfort or guidance, as she has done in the past. If this is the case, she should be returning soon, for you have sent K’khil to find that very person. If she has not gone there, then it’s very unlikely that a search will do much good until we calculate some potential destinations. In that case, Erik needs some rest in order to help us with that should the need arise.”

Panthar sighed, wishing he did not have to bring up the next topic.

“And even though recent events have turned our attention, I hate to reassert the earlier need to continue with our plans. The offer you made earlier of using one of the human ships, does it still stand? I should go to K’eel Doba, even if only to ascertain the status of Tarnus and Thoran, and see if they are still there or perhaps somehow ended up on Endor with Aelvedaar.”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 69.63.16.42
Aeylmaar

Member # 416

posted 06-18-2008 12:16 AM     Profile for Aeylmaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aeylmaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The young Sith lord had been sitting in stony silence next to a more than likely very uncomfortable Shawn, refusing to lower himself by responding to the man's heartfelt concern. For to his inebriated mind, the jedi was merely trying to condescend to him, to placate him, to turn his attention away from the one so angry with him though he did his best, his very best...

Father, I let you down!

The equally silent cry rang loudly in his ears; with another great shudder he squelched it away, deep within himself. Then he blinked, gradually becoming aware that there was someone else speaking to him.

Good. Another Sith! But-- no, not quite, not really. It was the one, the human in Sith disguise, the one who should be locked away, so his elegant race would not be ashamed to see the boorishly and obviously human behavior which emanated from him.

But wait. What was he saying?

Aeylmaar stifled a belch, swallowed, and with some effort focused on Panthar's words. Thus it was he caught only the tail end of his head-pounding speech.

He wanted to go to K'eel Doba? To the warriors? Fine! Send him; this would be the first of many decisive acts he planned upon implementing from this point onward, that when his Father returned it would be to find not a young and shaky Adept, but a true Dark Lord in the making...

"Y-yes, yes, by all means. Please, go to K'eel Doba, take a ship, a servant will lead you to the hangar."

He let out a great sigh of air, swayed a bit, then headed once again to the bell-pull. This of course wasn't necessary, for by this time servants, aware of his presence in the Dining Hall, were hovering about, waiting to fulfill his every need. One appeared before him, bowed, and offerred his service.

Aeylmaar nodded, perhaps a touch vigorously, and commanded he lead Panthar immediately to the hangar, where he might find an appropriate craft in which he might fly off to their sister world.

And the warriors shall most certainly deal with him there... even ShaRhylla, though she is half human. I understand her fierceness more than makes up for that sad mistake in her genetics...

[ 06-18-2008 12:19 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aeylmaar ]

--------------------

Posts: 143 | From: Khar Delba | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 06-18-2008 12:24 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Thanks…” said Panthar, unsure. “Are you all right, there, Your Lordship? You seem a bit… I don’t know, wobbly? Ah, heck, never mind, it’s been a heck of a day. I’ll just be off then, and I’ll return soon with news one way or the other on Tarnus and Thoran.”

Panthar paused, then stepped closer to Aeylmaar.

“Oh, um,” he said softly, “And I’d seriously consider that, about maybe getting a little sedative and a cot for Erik. I can’t believe she’d just stand him here, but I’m sure she’ll be back soon.”

With that, Panthar nodded to Aeylmaar and then Erik, and followed the servant out the door.

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 69.63.16.42
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 06-18-2008 12:53 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn frowned to himself, not much liking the way events were progressing.

Panthar was being reckless, going off on his own. The EE guys didn't even know that Shayla had taken off with their ship yet, and Erik clearly didn't have a good grip on everything that was going on. And Aeylmaar...

...well Aeylmaar was obviously drunk...and perhaps something else was going on with him as well, although what exactly was unclear.

Standing up, Shawn scanned the room to be certain neither Matt nor Jasyn had returned. Not seeing them present, he then took Erik--who was turning an irritable glare in Panthar's general direction--and pulled him to the side. "You need to take a break and give all this some time to settle," he said as he let his eyes fall into Erik's stormy brown pair. "Panthar is right, you need to get some rest and give yourself some time to really think."

Pausing at that, Shawn continued to pin Erik with his greeny-blues, something in them both sympathetic yet reprimanding at the same time. After all, he was keenly aware of Erik's tendency to act before thinking...

...and that wouldn't do any good here.

After a brief moment then, Shawn turned from Erik to head after the departing Panthar and the servant, catching up to them. "Panthar, wait," he said as both stopped.

"Someone does need to go to K'eel Doba, but not alone. I'm afraid Erik is not mentally ready deal with anything like this...

...or to be left here on his own without some counsel either. Matt and Jasyn are still off looking for Shayla, and she's not here. Don't you think we ought to let them know what's going on first...

...and have at least one of the two of them go along with you if not both?"

[ 06-18-2008 12:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 06-18-2008 02:18 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik turned to make some sort of remark to what Shawn had said to him...

...but realized with a sudden jolt that he didn't have any rebuttal. And then he realized with an even more alarming jolt that he didn't feel like he belonged here...

...or anywhere, for that matter. His son was dead, and Shayla was gone. And despite what Panthar was saying, Erik couldn't help but wonder if Shayla was coming back at all. Even if she did come back, she might not be coming back to rejoin him here.

Erik sank into the divan recently vacated by Shawn and Aeylmaar.

He literally didn't have a clue what to do. He'd sold Stargazer Corporation and was no Jedi. Aside from that, all powers and abilities had been blocked by...

...something, so what good would it do to go back into training?

Erik shook his head, feeling defeated...

...and utterly lost.

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Jasyn Lancaster

One of the Crew, Technical (and Sith Brandy) Specialist

Member # 389

posted 06-18-2008 06:31 PM     Profile for Jasyn Lancaster   Author's Homepage   Email Jasyn Lancaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jasyn Lancaster glared at his comrade, irritated with the fact that they didn't have a clue what they were doing or where they were looking.

"Look, pal. I know you are the observant one here and all, but we don't know this place," he said, making a large motion to indicate the Temple in general. "Aeylmaar's servants do know the place, and they are looking. And Stargazer is obviously not in the Dining area," he continued, pointing back in its general direction.

Matt Stanza turned to look at him, stepping away from the more private dining area he had been investigating just outside of the main dining hall.

"Besides," Jasyn then added, "I don't want to wander somewhere and have some Sith get angry with me for being somewhere I don't belong. You've never been lost in a sith temple and had any unfortunate experiences as a result...

...I have." Pausing then, he clearly remembered getting lost in the K'eel Doban Temple and accidentally finding himself into a room with ShaRhylla and that Ryk-whoever person.

"Let's at least check in with everyone else."

Much to Jasyn's relief, Matt nodded in agreement. Both worked their way through the corridors of the Temple and back to the dining hall where they found Shawn, Panthar, and a servant in an apparent conference.

Which didn't catch Jasyn's eye as much as Erik Kartan, seated on a divan looking forlorn and as though someone had just shot him in the heart, did. To that he caught sight of Aeylmaar standing near the sidebar, practically swaying on his feet.

This couldn't be good.

"Allright, this can't be good," Jasyn then said to no one specifically. "What's going on here, has anyone found Stargazer...

He paused then, leaning in a bit closer to Shawn, Panthar, and the servant, "...and is it just me or does Kartan need a drink while Lord Aeylmaar has had a little too much? I mean, the only other person I've seen looking like that after a good drinking binge is Terrin, who rarely drinks more than a couple of drinks at a time."

--------------------

"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!"
"You gotta try some of this Sith brandy!"
"Ummm... Boss...?"
"Brandy, you're a fine girl..." (from "Brandy" by Looking Glass)

Posts: 577 | From: Everywhere and nowhere | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 06-18-2008 08:53 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn arched a brow at Jasyn, then nodded in slight agreement...

...at least with his observation regarding Aeylmaar. "Shayla's not here," he then began. "She took off in the transport and left us all here. Erik is still reeling and I think it's really important we try to reestablish communications with K'kihl and find out if he's found anyone."

He paused for a moment. "Panthar has decided to go to K'eel Doba as we've been discussing using one of the ships Aeylmaar says are here, but I don't think he should go alone."

Again, Shawn arched an eyebrow. "Erik doesn't need to be left here alone, and I don't think it's a good idea he go off on a major mission just yet either."

Not saying anything further, Shawn let the two EE men read between the lines of what he was saying, knowing they would understand his meaning.

--------------------

Jasyn Lancaster

One of the Crew, Technical (and Sith Brandy) Specialist

Member # 389

posted 06-18-2008 09:02 PM     Profile for Jasyn Lancaster   Author's Homepage   Email Jasyn Lancaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jasyn shrugged. "The Boss said we could do what we needed to do," he said, glancing at Matt. "Either one of us or both of us could easily go, depending on what ships are available here...

...and it might be a good idea to have a good set of numbers for what we may be headed in to."

He shrugged again. "Matt is Terrin's second, so he should have the final say on whether one or both of us goes though...

...and Kartan still really looks like he needs a drink."

Not saying anything else, Jasyn headed off to the sidebar, pausing a moment and looking at Aeylmaar, who hadn't been saying so much as a word. "Hey buddy, we're going to try to get in contact with K'kihl again and find out what is going on."

Stepping to the sidebar completely then, he grabbed a goblet, filled it with Sith brandy, and headed over to where Kartan was sitting still looking for all the univers like the universe had ended. He handed him the goblet, taking a seat next to him then, figuring everyone else could make the decisions on who was going where and when. "Maybe you need to get some rest," he offered then, falling silent.

--------------------

"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!"
"You gotta try some of this Sith brandy!"
"Ummm... Boss...?"
"Brandy, you're a fine girl..." (from "Brandy" by Looking Glass)

Posts: 577 | From: Everywhere and nowhere | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 06-19-2008 11:59 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
”All right,” sighed Panthar. “I’ll take someone with me. You’re probably right, but I don’t want to delay any further. I don’t care who, but someone with a little, um -- diplomacy – might be a good choice.”

Panthar cracked the slightest of smiles at that, then added, in mockery of his own statement, “So decide and let’s go!”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 69.63.5.214
Matt Stanza

Eagle Enterprises Second in Command

Member # 415

posted 06-20-2008 12:50 AM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt quirked a brow in Jasyn's direction as he reappeared after leaving to give Erik a drink.

"I think he means you wouldn't be a good choice," he quipped. "Besides, you're better with technical things than I am, and someone needs to figure out why we can't seem to get a comm off to K'kihl anymore. And speaking of, keep an eye and ear on yours. If something comes up, I'll be in contact."

Turning then to Panthar and the Sith servant, Matt finished with. "Allright, like Panthar here said...

...let's get going."

And carefully, came the final mental rejoinder.

--------------------

You bow to no one. Not anymore. Not ever again.~~~Matt Stanza

Posts: 151 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 06-24-2008 08:27 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Feeling everything regarding the trip to K'eel Doba was now in the hands of Matt and Panthar, Shawn stepped away from them and the Sith servant, nodding for Jasyn Lancaster come along with him. Lancaster did, seemingly eager to move away and head in the general direction that they seemed to be going.

The sidebar.

Shawn shot him a warning look after first sparing a moment to glance at Erik, who was drinking the brandy Jasyn had given him, his eyes defocused and distant. They continued to near the sidebar, and Lancaster's step seemed to be growing in stride...

...but Shawn slipped a hand out to stop him from moving any further just shy of the bar, just so they were standing in front of Aeylmaar.

"Mr. Lancaster can help you with that commlink,and see if we can clear up whatever problem we are having in contacting K'kihl," he opened with. "And I wonder if I could take Mr. Kartan somewhere to rest and recover somewhat from all that has happened? It has really been a very difficult, trying day for us all."

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 06-24-2008 11:14 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar and Matt followed the robed Sith through the hallways of the temple, and before long ended up inside of a hangar, amidst an assortment of ships that were the last thing a normal person would expect to find here. Panthar smiled as he scanned the hangar, and although the ships were old compared to what was in use these days, they were impressive nonetheless.

“Not too bad, eh?” he said to Matt as he waggled his eyebrows. “Most of these look like fighters, but I bet that one in the corner will do. Unless I’m wrong, that’s a TIE Transport – they would modify a TIE bomber to ferry troops from ship to ship, back during the old Rebellion. But you probably already know that, sorry. Antique ships are a hobby, kind of an aside from the archeology. But these fortunately are not that antique just yet.”

Matt either didn’t care or was just anxious to leave, for without many more words the pair were seated, strapped, and on their way to the welcome cold of space.

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 159.182.1.4

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05