my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Ruins of the Mind (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Ruins of the Mind
The Master

Member # 529

posted 12-11-2006 08:03 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Master smiled genuinely.

“I do not wish to be Dark Lord of the Warriors, lad,” he said. “ShaRhylla is already in line to take the throne, she needs only patience to achieve that loft. However, she needs much more than that to keep it, for she is not ready for the responsibility and sacrifice that comes with that station. So very few are. Her mother was not, learning only in recent years what it truly means to be a Dark Lady. ShaRhylla is still a child, in more ways than you know. Hormones and selfish rage drive her, but in time she will be worthy of the throne. I can promise you that I will support her fully when the time comes for her rightfully take her place.”

The Master sighed, his breath a low hiss.

“But as for the task at hand,” he said. “The destruction of the Tower left me free from the darkness, but it also destroyed any artifacts that may have aided us. Without the Tower, the Darker Realms will be cast into an even more deeper chaos, and finding the imposter could prove difficult indeed. I will travel there with you to protect you from the demons while you conduct your search. But tell me, is there anything at all you can recall from your time with this being? When he posed as Aelvedaar, or impersonated the dead Roan? Any detail at all may be of great benefit.”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-11-2006 08:12 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I nodded. "Yeah. The tower is back. He had reincarnated it or something last time I was there. So there's a problem right there... you can't sneak into that place."

I pondered, almost biting my lip with thought. "Could you put me inside the tower? Or is it somehow warded against the all?" I had a sneaking suspicion the later would somehow come to be the right answer to that question.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.146.56
The Master

Member # 529

posted 12-21-2006 07:36 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Master pondered this statement for a moment.

“The Tower is back?” he asked at length. “This does not bode well. The Tower is the heart of the darkness, I could feel it slip away. I did not feel its return, and what this means I do not know.”

He stroked his chin, deep in thought.

“But we can almost be sure that our doppelganger sits within it. I cannot be totally sure of how the Tower has come back, and what secrets it now holds, but when I was there it did not block the All. At least, not b y itself. When I held Graysith there, the darkness allowed me to deflect her All usage. Confuse it.”

The Master shrugged and exhaled deeply.

“We shall need a reconnaissance,” he said. “Is there anything you require before we undertake this?”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 172.166.178.139
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-21-2006 11:19 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bit my lip, weighing risks of the darker realms, the master, and those who were still in the material realm. "I'm going to die doing this." I said after a moment. "Factoring in a furious dark lady, her aide, and whoever the dopple-ganger is plus a few other hazzards, I'd put money on it that all this will finally burn whatever luck I have, not counting the fact that I doubt your healing will hold through this entire mission."

I considered. Aside from the apparent "doppleganger", I had never worked along powerfull all users, and began to wonder at just how much they could do. I remembered that weakling, Danner, being placed in my mind two years ago, and wondered if a form of that could be done to me as well.

"Is there some way to keep an essance of me, or some part of my soul in a Phylactery of sorts until this is over? So that way if I am to perish or be beyond saving I can still live on?"

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

The Master

Member # 529

posted 12-22-2006 10:53 AM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
‘For that,” said the Master, “we would need the special talents of my former servant Thoran. If this truly important to you, we can find him, but it shall require a brief visit to one of the Sith worlds. Are you willing to take such a risk? In addition, by saving part of your essence, it shall diminish you as a whole, and could weaken you.”

The Master smiled.

“But if it is death you fear, and condemnation into the very place we invade, then take heart. I can offer you a gift, a guarantee that upon your death your soul shall meld back into the origins. It shall become one with the esoteric pool, safe from the horrors of the world in-between. Only I know how to do this.”

The Master sat back and clasped his hands together. He looked intently at Rykounagin, anticipation showing on his face.

“Those are the safeguards I can offer, besides the protection of my powers that would hopefully make such safeguards unnecessary. Which would you prefer?”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-22-2006 12:34 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My eyes became slightly cold at his alternative offer, as the idea of dying and being gone, good place or bad, did not appeal in the slightest. "I'd rather be half alive than die peacefully. Where is Thoran?"

As I inquired, I began to wonder what death truely was like. Painful perhaps? Or would it be a place of suffering that only allowed for silence. And what was the difference in dying in material as opposed to darker realms. Would not dying in the Darker Realms yield to yourself a shade as Roan kept, thus giving you a certain immortality?

Was that truely desirable?

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 12-22-2006 01:04 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Master could see the questions in Rykounagin’s eyes.

“Very well,” he said. “If you seek survival in the material, then we shall find Thoran. There are two ways we may locate him, but I cannot allow you to enter one of the places. Which leaves only one, and I believe you know of this already. It is the Great Library on K’eel Doba, in the city where you would be killed on sight.

The Master paused, then added “I can go there and obtain the information myself and return to you, if you fear going to that planet.”

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-22-2006 01:30 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I considered. "How often is the library frequented? If we could merely take a portal there and no one would bea ny the wiser... as for being killed on sight, I think only the witch and her adept would wish harm upon me, if her adept is alive that is. The only other reason would be for the trap I left, and even then, there is no evidence to say that I was the one to have done it. No proof at least."

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 12-22-2006 01:55 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
“No, the word of the Dark Lady is law, and I am afraid she has condemned you to all of her people. If any citizen of K’eel Doba would see you, they would be obligated to…”

The Master made a slicing motion across his neck with his hand, then stuck out his tongue in mock death.

“But yes, a portal could be easily opened. Are you sure you are ready?”

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-22-2006 01:57 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"You didn't answer the question, and this is a rather important one. Is the library oft frequented? If so, can you use magick or something to disguise me? I'm afraid I'm a bit weary for my own powers to provide such a shield."

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 12-22-2006 02:29 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
“It is not,” he said, “but there is always a chance someone would be there. Let us be sure, and not go stumbling blindly.”

The Master waved his hand, a small portal opening to the side of him, barely larger than a fist. He looked through, into the room beyond, an eyebrow raising.

“It is... occupied,” he said softly. “Perhaps now would not be the best time to go there.”

He turned back to Rykounagin cheerily.

“But if remain quiet, we can wait, and by leaving this open we can both see when the room is vacant and allow some fresh air in.”

And I can follow this interesting looking gathering.

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-22-2006 02:39 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I nodded silently, knowing that if the room was occupied, it would be best not to make much sound lest it carry through the hole.

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 12-22-2006 02:46 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Master smiled crookedly, thinking.

“It seems your would-be wife has taken up with Shayla,” he whispered. “And they are seeking answers, and planning something with my son. This should prove most interesting, don’t you think? Come, listen, but do not let your emotions carry you away, to reveal yourself now would be disastrous to you and her!”

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-22-2006 03:04 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I glowered slightly at the notion that Shayla was alive, but more so that ShaRhylla was with her, plotting of all things. I went to the portal to listen.

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 12-22-2006 03:19 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have seen this chrome-eyed one before, and have been in his presence… Interesting I find it that your Father --

As the words of Shayla came wafting through the portal, the Master started and reflexively shut it.

“We were about to be discovered,” he said. “She was walking towards the portal. I am sorry, we should wait a moment before trying this again.”

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-22-2006 03:26 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I frowned. "I heard no footsteps... open the portal in another place, behind a chair or something so she wont see it but we might still listen."

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 12-22-2006 10:22 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Master waved his hand in the air, bringing to life another small portal.

“Here,” he whispered. “We are higher, and may look down.”

He would use love, just as you have already pointed out to me. Remember?

“I wonder who she speaks of?” he whispered.

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-23-2006 12:20 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"She knows full well that love motivates me to do things for her... I do not think she speaks of me, for never has she held much love in return... but I do not mind..."

I watched with interest at what further developments would come.

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 12-27-2006 12:00 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
“Then I will give him to you,” said Phalomir. “I will relinquish my bound upon him and pass it you.”

The Master listened to Phalomir’s voice come through the portal. His eyebrow raised. He scowled when ShaRhylla’s words accepted his offer, then paused at Shayla’s words.

I do not trust this offer you give us. And even if I did... I am not so quick as to fall for it just to satisfy my own desire for revenge."

“Very good,” he said.

ShaRhylla’s comments back to Shayla was enough for him.

“Well, that just won’t do, now, will it?” he said to Rykounagin. The Master reached his hand through the small portal and aimed it at Phalomir. A brilliant discharge of dark red flew from his fingertips and struck Phalomir in the chest, sending the Dark Lord flying back into the inner wall of the Library. Phalomir bounced off the wall, an indentation left in the material. He hit the floor with great force and lay still, smoldering.

The Master pulled his hand back through, closing the portal.

“I believe we may need to wait a few moments before going to the Library. Do you know any card games?”

He glanced at Rykounagin, raising an eyebrow.

“Why so silent? Did you like the thought of begin given to her?”

[ 12-27-2006 12:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Master ]

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-27-2006 12:55 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It took precisely six seconds for the magical link to reach me, the override to defend the bonder of my own magical contract shooting through my veins within an instant. The Lotus was in my hand, pressing the Master against the hull of the ship, blade against his throat.

Where is the command? Where is the kill command? My mind screamed, every fibre tensed, until after what seemed an eternity, my grip laxed and the blade vanished.

"Idiot! I snarled, pulling away from him, shaking my head as the magick which had forced me to do as I had done faded. "I am not bound to you! I am bound to the one you just attacked! Why would you do that?!"

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 69.181.248.202
The Master

Member # 529

posted 12-27-2006 01:15 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Master smiled broadly, his teeth showing white in the dim light of the cabin.

“So,” he grinned. “It is true, then. The bond does exist.”

The Master began to laugh, building from a chuckle to a hysterical cackle.

“I had to be sure, lad!” he howled. “The fool believes he can simply pass on his bond with you! It was always his problem, and one he shares with you! He – haha! Never thinks things through!”

The Master regained his composure after a while, then wiped a tear away from his face.

“Oh, goodness,” he chuckled. “That was nice. Well, lad, what is your say in all of this? Would you like to be given away to the Halfling?”

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-31-2006 12:38 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This time I wanted to willingly put my blade to his throat and finish it, fist clenching, muscles pushing against the magical barrier that was marked into my flesh. "Don't, call her that." I said through gritted teeth, not wanting to answer his question by any measure.

"And be careful... I can be passed on... it just takes more than a word to do, but it can, so don't think that my 'co-operation' with you is totally and utterly willing."

I relaxed my arm, even though it hadn't moved even a fraction of an inch. "You're working with a walking avatar of death. If your son even suggests that he wants you dead, that's enough to ward my bonds, and trust me, right now killing you would be most satisfactory. Do not talk down to me, or to her in that manner again."

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 01-01-2007 10:10 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Master laughed again, heartily.

“Oh, lad, I should keep you around just to brighten my beleaguered spirit! But alas, we have work to do.”

The Master waved his hand, tearing a portal open once more. He waited, then widened it.

“It appears we may use the Library now without interruption.”

He stepped through the portal and turned to the Revealer. He paused, noticing the long number cycling in the mist of the Revealer. His eye twinkled, and a grin creased his face. He turned back to the portal where Rykounagin was beginning to enter.

“I’m afraid the Revealer is out of order at the moment. One of these ladies is more clever than I thought, we shall have to use my second choice in locating Thoran.”

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 12.216.75.207
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-01-2007 10:37 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"And what is that plan of yours?" I asked, still scornful as I stood, glancing about the library in case someone was still here. I felt at unease here, knowing that I was a wanted man. Perhaps it was just latent paranoia or perhaps it was reasonable logic.

--------------------

The Master

Member # 529

posted 01-09-2007 11:39 PM     Profile for The Master   Author's Homepage   Email The Master     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: Please see the thread Destiny Uncertain in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, this date, to see what has transpired that warrants the following post...))

The Master reeled, first at the sudden familiar rush of power he felt from a distant source, then again from the physical blast as both the library where he stood and the small ship on the other side of the portal rocked and bounced. When the shaking was over, he glanced about from narrowed eyes to see if the boy had suffered any new wounds.

“Our time draws short, my lad,” he said. “There is no more time for games, I am afraid. We must retrieve the Finger now. I take you to a place of secrecy, of which you must never speak of, even if you are able to discern its location.”

The Master pushed his way back through the portal, into the ship with Rykounagin, and closed the portal behind him. He immediately opened another, and stepped through it, beckoning for Rykounagin to follow.

Within the chamber he opened a small chest sitting on a table, and withdrew a small dark red orb. He then turned and waited.

(((Follow the Master to Middlespace, Thirdspace in this forum, thank you!)))

[ 01-10-2007 12:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Master ]

Posts: 221 | From: The Darkest of Realms | Registered: Mar 2004  |  Logged: 172.151.72.197

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05