my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Razor's Edge (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Razor's Edge
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-18-2004 04:04 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Huh?" I repeated my earlier exclamation, now moving to where Panthar was standing, beaming, beside the portal.

One glance was all it took.

"That's your bud?!" I gasped, stepping back reflexively as one of the immense creatures turned its great head, seeming to stare me straight in the eye. I winced, even though common sense told me that it couldn't see me, that it was just an animal, that we were perfectly safe as long as we just remained here.

"I don't know if the invisibility shields will protect us from those things," I went on, ignoring Panthar's statement of friendship with the Devil's very own sidekicks.

"How well can they smell--? Oh, Hell's Seven Circles, how are we going to get into the Temple past those critters, anyway?"

I shot a look to Panthar then.

"They look like they're lined up waiting for the smorgasbord to begin; you're plain nuts to go out there, if you ask me, at least not without some kind of weapon with more oomph to it than a stupid sword!"

My hand slapped against my thigh where my blaster used to be; I sighed, and just crossed my arms and continued to stare out at the certain death arrayed so nicely outside the ship. After a bit of this, I pulled away, our desperate position suddenly strengthened as Terrin's last, pleading whisper trickled through my mind.

I went over to Phalomir and, standing on tiptoes, reached up and grasped him by his royal collar. Yanking upon it only served to pull me up more closely to his face; oh well, it served the purpose.

"Listen here, creep. I don't know what game you're playing in there, but it had better come to a halt now.

"You let Terrin go now, or Jharmeen be damned, I'm gonna toss this body you're in to those nasty canastas out there... and follow it up with dessert as well!"

[ 11-18-2004 04:09 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1459 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 65.101.165.214
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 11-18-2004 04:09 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Oh fiddle,” said Panthar, turnng to the empty air that once held Galen.

He grunted and moved to Erik. He spoke in low whisper.

“I’m telling you, that big guy at the steps is the tuk’ata that led you and me through the temple. He spoke to me, somehow, in my mind! He tried to protect us from Thoran when – oh, whoa… Just thought of something, remind me to tell you later. Anyway, something really interesting is going on out there, at least open a window so we hear them! Better yet, open the door and let me go out there.”

[ 11-18-2004 04:12 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

All I wanted was my name in a book...

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 65.101.165.214
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 11-18-2004 04:17 AM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik looked at Panthar almost as if he were nuts. "Yeah, you did have some sort of werd connection with that one tuk'ata...

...but that's just the one. There are a heck of alot more tuk'ata out there than just him, and I don't know that I want to see anyone marching out there until I know they'll make it back here in tact..."

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Matt Stanza

Eagle Enterprises Second in Command

Member # 415

posted 11-18-2004 04:19 AM     Profile for Matt Stanza   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Stanza     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"And ahhh...speaking of weapons," Matt finally spoke up, "We found a little more than swords in the ship."

He paused then, pulling two cylinders from his belt. "I don't know if they still work, but I figured at least a couple of people around here could weild a lightsaber..."

--------------------

You bow to no one. Not anymore. Not ever again.~~~Matt Stanza

Posts: 151 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 11-18-2004 04:23 AM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“I don’t have Darrin in anything to let him go out of,” said Thoran calmly. “If you give me a living body to throw him into, I would gladly get him the hell out of here and get myself a little room to think. It’s not easy sharing a mind with a raving lunatic, you know. I’m trying the best I can to keep control of this body so I can help Phal and you guys. So, I’ll cut the bantha dung and get serious, if we can all just get out of this ship and on with the plan, OK? Step one, get to the temple. Step two, find this body you keep telling me about and get Terrin out of this body. Step three, we talk about a deal with the Master. That still work?”

[ 11-18-2004 04:26 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Thoran ]

--------------------

The ancients are not the oldest, nor the wisest.

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 65.101.165.214
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-18-2004 04:32 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I glared up into those icy green eyes, and hoisted myself another couple centimeters closer to them.

"That's the idea; good boy!" I spat between clenched teeth; then with a dramatic shove I pushed off, releasing my hold on the satiny material and landing a couple meters back. My attention was then drawn to what Matt held in his hand--

"Lightsabers?

"Now, where in Hell's Seven Circles could those have come from? Anything else, like maybe a good old fashioned blaster wherever you found them?"

[ 11-18-2004 04:35 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 11-18-2004 04:40 AM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran walked to Panthar and shoved Jharmeen into his arms.

“Here,” he said. “I need my hands free, and this way you can feel useful.”

He looked at the light sabers in Matt’s hands and rolled his eyes. How convenient, he thought. I wonder what else has been planted along the way for us. I don’t like it when things are too easy.

“Now, shall we open the doors and have a tuk’ata bloodbath? I’m ready, and maybe someone could even stay here and man the ship’s guns? Oh, and don’t forget, there was some sort of communication from some assassin.”

He paused, then burst out laughing.

“Sorry,” he mused. “It just seemed so silly there for a moment. I’m back now. Shall we go?”

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 65.101.165.214
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 11-18-2004 04:42 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar easily cradled Jharmeen in his massive arms and scowled at Thoran.

“Now just hold on here, everyone! I’m telling you, I don’t think those tuk’ata will hurt us! That big one at the end helped me and Eric when we were lost in the temple not too long ago! Let’s give them a chance!”

--------------------

Posts: 573 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 65.101.165.214
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-18-2004 04:57 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Man the guns?" Shayla queried skeptically, "Do you realize the firepower this ship probably has? Granted, I've never used her weapons...

...but I'd assume whatever she's got will be pretty powerful and far-reaching. I don't think I want anyone using any of those particular weapons on these tuk'ata while the rest of us are trying to get into the temple. Too much chance of one of us being hit...

...or for that matter, all of us. Now, if there were something we could hit to knock over and get rid of some of those tuk'ata before we get out there...

...I could see that. But I have to be honest..."

Here she trailed, pursing her lips and sensing outward, "I know tuk'ata are only semi-sentient, but they do radiate specific feelings in the Force...

..and at the moment, I don't sense any immediate hostility."

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-18-2004 04:59 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"No hostility??? And-- 'Give them a chance'...?

"How?"

I snorted, turning from Shayla to Panthar again--

This from the guy who wanted to "open a window" on a spaceship, fer Khaandon's sake...!

--and stomped over to him.

"Just how exactly are we going to do that? Just stroll out into their midst, like meat-on-a-stick, saying, 'here we are?'"

For a moment I held that sarcastic facade before me like a shield; then I let out a sigh and crossed my arms. I couldn't help but notice how--well, nice he looked, standing there cradling my sister in his arms.

"Look, what if you're wrong? I mean, if you are... well, you're bantha fodder -- er, tuk'ata fodder, and you know it!"

And hell, much as I hated to admit it, but even though we'd had our differences I'd sure hate to see Big Red eaten...

[ 11-18-2004 05:03 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 11-18-2004 05:14 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“No,” Panthar said. “I don’t think so. OK, here, I don’t know what the range on this mind thing is, but maybe I can try to communicate with the big guy. But in any case, why not just open the door and let me go out. Let’s see if they attack, and I can run back if they do. We’ll be here all day if we don’t do something.”

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-18-2004 05:19 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Just run up-- look; you don't know what they can do!"

I found myself standing right in front of Panthar, one hand reaching out to touch his arm, hanging on as I stared up into his face.

But that wasn't what I was seeing.

I had seen firsthand the terrible injuries these predators could inflict, and I knew how lightning fast they were.

I squeezed his arm, lost for the moment in hideous memories.

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 11-18-2004 05:27 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin, who had been waiting for Phalomir to reply, was finally able to pick up on the conversation going on once the shock of Thoran's blow began to wear off. And suddenly he had something he knew he had to say, his heart going out to Galen once more even as memories of his own stirred from that place where his mind had tucked them away.

"Panthar, this is Terrin. Listen to Galen," he said simply.

And saying that he found himself once more stepping closer to Galen, reaching out and squeezing her shoulder for a moment in silent support.

[ 11-18-2004 05:29 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 11-18-2004 05:31 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The look in her eyes made Panthar pause. She seemed genuinely concerned for his safety, and the squeeze on the arm brought him down from his desire to rush outside.

“I don’t know, it just seems right somehow. But, you know, this might be the first time someone’s actually been worried about me, and I’m not going to let that go to waste. All right, let’s think of something else. Hey, how far can those Jedi lifty-levitaty powers work? Could we lift someone over them and see how they react? Or maybe there’s some other Jedi stuff that could work? Or could we use the suits and disguise our scent somehow?”

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-18-2004 05:34 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My eyes widened.

Sheesh, do I ever feel stu--

"Yeah!" I said, trying to brighten up some. Obviously the memories I had been lost in were dragging everyone else down; surely such a mood was not conducive to creative thought, and I had to give Panthar credit for his brainstorm, as silly as it was.

I mean, really. Picture it: Panthar being levitated over the heads of snarling, flailing tuk'ata....

I jerked, going back to something Shayla had said.

"You said you sensed no hostility from them; what kinds of emotions are they radiating, anyway? And--

"You guys are Jedi; can you offer protection against these things in case they're not quite the chums Panthar thinks they are?"

I hate it when my brain burps; it's worse than helmet hair, I swear....

[ 11-18-2004 05:50 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-18-2004 05:36 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Well," Shayla started, "It's almost like..."

She paused, trying to find a word for it, "...expectancy? Maybe even honor? It's difficult to say, since these guys are semi-sentient, and I've only been around the ahhh...

...more domesticated version. But in terms of getting around them, we might be able to use the suits and disguise our scent with something onboard this ship," Shayla answered thoughtfully. "I don't know if levitating anyone will work...tuk'ata can jump pretty high. But you know, I was just thinking..."

She trailed for a moment, pursing her lips and tapping them with her right pointer finger, "Who says we have to go in that way? This temple has rooms with balconies...

...and I could levitate each one of us up into one of those."

At this she quieted, waiting to see what everyone else might think.

[ 11-18-2004 05:39 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-18-2004 05:46 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Well," I replied, sniffing a little and blinking back the tiniest beginnings of tears.

"If you think you can do that, then I guess we should go for it. Like our buddy here said--"

I jerked an offhand thumb Phalomir's way.

"We'll never get anywhere if we yammer about every conveivable angle we can think of.

"I'm for trying this; and ready to-- wait."

I strode over to Jasyn, who had been remarkably taciturn throughout this entire exchange--

Probably just waiting to see when the Sith brandy breaks out, and from where--

--and yanked a nicely weighted sword from those he had carried onto the bridge. Stepping back from the others, I gave it a cautious swing; it sliced the air with a whoosh, leaving goosebumps tingling all over my body.

"I'm ready," I announced, feeling a touch more secure now that I was armed, Jedi among us be damned.

"Somebody pop the hatch, and let's get this show on the road..."

[ 11-18-2004 05:53 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-18-2004 05:57 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Allright," Shayla said, then turning to Matt, "And as much as I hate to even think of using one of those things, having one on hand might be handy, since I do have the training for it."

Stepping up to the red-headed man, she took one of the lightsabers...

...and quickly discovered it was useless. She took the other one, ignited it...

...and the blade came alive, although she could tell the workings of the weapon were crude.

"On second thought," she then said, turning the blade off, "You take it, Erik. I'll rely on what the Force gave me. If anyone else wants a weapon, hurry and take your pick."

Saying this, she tossed her husband the operational lightsaber, and headed for the navboard, sitting and quickly pushing a sigil here and there. After a moment, the hatch popped obligingly open.

"Let's go," Shayla said then, "Unless, of course, someone plans to stay behind and keep an eye on the warship..."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Md'diffnnd

Member # 519

posted 11-18-2004 06:16 AM     Profile for Md'diffnnd   Author's Homepage   Email Md'diffnnd     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Opening is the door, stepping out is the friend. Knowing is he, welcome we do. Singing we are. Carrying the Lady he is, protect we shall. Sing, brothers. Calling the day is, over is the night. Soon gone is the darkness.
Posts: 19 | From: | Registered: Nov 2003  |  Logged: 65.101.165.214
Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 11-18-2004 06:18 AM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Almost in unison, an eerie howl wafted from the lines of tuk’ata. Some stamped and snorted, while others threw back their heads and wailed. Panthar, standing on the edge of the hatchway, could only stop and stare at the spectacle. Then a look of determination set upon his face, and he looked back into the ship at someone behind him. He then turned back to the tuk’ata and strode out to the soft grass as Shayla appeared in the doorway with a concerned look on her face. The beasts made no move towards him as he paused.

He turned to Shayla and called out, “See! If you still want to levitate me then go for it, but I think I’d rather walk!”

As the others made their way out of the ship, he turned back to face the temple and took a step. The tuk’ata continued their antics. Panthar inhaled deeply and took another step, hoping dearly that he was right, and that the others were fast if he was wrong. He could hear the others behind him, and walked slowly until either they could catch up or until he and Jharmeen became dinner.

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-18-2004 10:53 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stood shoulder to shoulder with Shayla, gripping the sword for all I was worth as my eyes never left the sight of our welcoming committee.

For, Hell's Bell's, it sure as there's treasure on Roon looked like that was exactly what it was.

Those tuk'ata were making a remarkable racket, but it wasn't composed of threat-screeches or attack-yowls. They yipped and yodeled, and every now and again a muzzle would point skyward, tendrils waving, while the massive, clawed feet would stamp and rip at the ground beneath them.

But they never moved from their positions which so clearly flanked a beeline straight toward the temple, upon which steps there awaited an even larger tuk'ata. He sat there, a misleadingly tiny figure on those distant steps, head cocked as he listened to his fellows sing.

Dammit, that's what they're doing... they're singing!

I turned an astonished gaze to Shayla, for by now Panthar had apparently taken heart, and was proceeding toward that temple with an increasingly confident stride. At one point he paused, looking over his shoulder at us with a big ol' beaming grin plastered across that red face of his; then he turned round and kept going, nearly sauntering now.

"Well," I said in a low voice.

"They're either going to let us do this or not. I mean, Panthar is in a Sith body, we're not. I hope that won't make any difference."

I shot a final look about, taking in the anxious faces of my companions. Then, gripping the sword even tighter, I stepped down the gangway and onto the soil.

The nearest pair of tuk'ata stopped singing and turned their heads to me, eerie pupilless eyes raking me up and down.

I shivered--

In for a credit...

--and kept going, quickening my pace a bit as I passed that pair and then hurrying a bit further in order to catch up with Panthar.

"Great Khaandon's Ghost, but I think you're right, pal!" I whispered as I caught up to him, then fell into respectful silence and just kept moving, listening to the wildly beautiful song of the tuk'ata as it wafted us along.

[ 11-18-2004 10:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 11-19-2004 12:57 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The scene now before Terrin was enough to give him a moment's hesitation...

...but only a moment.

"If everyone else wasn't seeing this too," he heard Jasyn say, "I'd think that I had one too many Sith brandys."

At this Terrin, still in control of Phalomir's body, shot the other man a sidelong glance. He was sporting one of the swords, holding it in front of him with a serious look etched onto his face.

Some things never change, he couldn't help but think.

Then he turned forward once more, willing his feet to move, finding that the motion wasn't as difficult as he originally thought it might be with his newly-surfacing memories. But then, perhaps there was a reason for this.

If one of those creatures...or heavens forbid more than one of them...changed their tunes, there was no kriffing way he was going to stand around and let them turn on anyone here.

He gripped the sword now in Phalomir's hand, his blue eyes intense and very alert.

"I sure as kriffing hell hope this is a hint of the reception we'll get once we're up there," he said in a low voice then, nodding towards the large tuk'ata at the front. Then his look turned a touch darker, and he frowned. "I wonder where the hell Thoran went..."

Saying this he trailed, eyes still trained on his surroundings as the group continued to move closer and closer to the foot of the temple.

[ 11-19-2004 01:02 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1190 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 11-19-2004 01:14 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Doesn't seem like they're planning on answering me I thought. But as this happened, I saw them all walk out of the sith warship and towards the tuk'ata that were lined up in ranks. Damn, either they're crazy or overconfident...unless they know something I don't. I quickly sprint out of the fighter and run towards the group, keeping my hand to the side with no weapon drawn just so they don't mistake me for attacking them.

"Please, believe me," I yell towards them as they walk through the ranks of tuk'ata, several of them snarling at me as I prepare for the worst to happen. "I truly do not wish to harm you." I hate having to degrade myself like this, but it is necessary I think as I run to join the group, hoping they don't attempt to attack me.

[ 11-20-2004 05:31 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sa'kal'ishaalas ]

Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.164.11.178
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 11-20-2004 04:42 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran watched the images go by of the surrounding tuk’ata. He waited, deeply hidden within Phalomir’s mind, shielding himself from the senses of the animals. For though they were beasts, they were also very sensitive, and had long memories. The last time he had set foot on this planet he managed to blast several of these creatures into oblivion, using the powers granted him temporarily by the Master. He doubted such powers would again be granted, even through the bargain he anticipated, but he could still hope.

In the meantime, he would allow Terrin to control the body, and lie in wait until either the time was needed or Terrin failed to follow the direction of images and suggestions Thoran would quietly throw his way. For now, it seemed to be working, as the calming and reinforcing power he sent to Terrin seemed to be overcoming the man’s desperate fear of tuk’ata. This feeling blanketed Terrin’s thoughts, and Thoran feared that without assistance Terrin would not be able to guide Phalomir’s body through this corridor of death. He wondered what had happened to cause such an intense emotion, but for now it did not matter.

The destination was the Temple, the goal was the Shar’tak. In their way stood the guardians of the temple.

He thought of Galen, Shayla, Panthar, and the others, and the dangers they were about to face, and was grateful for the fodder.

--------------------

Panthar Dantares

Super Dooper Member

Member # 494

posted 11-20-2004 09:57 PM     Profile for Panthar Dantares   Author's Homepage   Email Panthar Dantares     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar heard the shout come from behind the group, followed by the snarls and growls mixed in with the song of the tuk’ata.

Standing at the start of the rows of tuk’ata was a man. The look in his eyes was almost pleading, and as the others turned to him the end tuk’ata stalked forward and hunched down on their forelegs. One of them turned to the group, as if waiting for a command.

Panthar turned his head slightly to Galen, but left his eyes on the ever-stranger-growing scene.

“Um, do you know who this is?” he asked. “It’s almost as if those tuk’ata are waiting for us to decide if he lives.”

[ 11-20-2004 09:58 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Panthar Dantares ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05