my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Under the Orbs..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Under the Orbs..
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 07-07-2003 12:19 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(OOC: From Water of Tatooine...)

After Lumbia and Xam finally made it back to camp and the group began chomping down the food they went to sleep. The sleep was long and cold at camp because of the desert terrian. It was uneasy to sleep in the desert world, the smell of womp rats and bantha fur running through ones noise. The fact that this was so was the main reason why Lumbia was quick to awake at the beeping noise of Lanlif's R2 unit. Tummbling to his feet, he watched the beautiful horizion. The two suns taking their activity above as all but Lumbia rested.

It was still a little chilly, but the atompshere spewing from the coming heat seemed to warm him enough to shrug it off. The day would come with new things, some that would be off this planet. He welcomed the day without fear, though darkness could be looming in his future.

Alerting the others as the mourning sky brandished it's two orbs, he waited as they prepared to head. Holding tightly onto his lightsabers, though he didn't feel any dark vibes from his surrondings.

[ 07-07-2003 12:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 07-07-2003 04:18 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Xam did not sleep well. He knew the dangers of the Tatooine desert. If Kyrat Dragons did not come to eat you, Tusken Raiders would surly attack and kill you.

For those reasons, Xam decided to sleep with one hand on his blaster and the other hand on his lightsaber.

Morning came. Xam was surprised that the night was uneventful. He turned to Lumbia when the Jedi called for everyone to wake up.

"Alright, lets move on. The sooner we get where we are supposed to go the better. I need a glass of Corellian Ale bad."

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 07-07-2003 05:38 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia smiled at Xam, knowing very well that ale wouldn't help his problems in this instant and probably never. It only put it in the backseat for as long as possible until it came back to bite him in the butt. Yet during these thoughts he didn't seem to waver from that weird smile he gave Xam.

Finally when he did stop contemplating, he took stance as leader and headed down the sandy world where all sorts of troubles laid. They would be alright, Lumbia was sure of it--but just to be safe his hands were always kept near his lightsaber.

[ 07-07-2003 03:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Lanlif Berayen

Member # 454

posted 07-07-2003 04:06 PM     Profile for Lanlif Berayen   Author's Homepage   Email Lanlif Berayen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Squib had grown restless over the long walk to town. It was alot quicker when he was by himself and didn't have to be pulled down the slow movement of the others, or the talk. Growing weary he began grummbling about the insolence of the others, though they were Jedi. Smashing his fist into his palm, he sped up with his droids right behind him. Heading to the front, he didn't even take a look back at Lumbia and just headed forward.

Captian Berayen wasn't the kind of guy that like to be in the middle of nowhere. He wanted to see relevent things, or something that was worth being curious about. Space gave him that, and he hadn't anytime to waste with land lovers. It was his stime to take to the sea of stars, not the grands of sand. So, he sped and sped up until he could barely see the group. It was them that they needed to rely on for transport, so it'd be best to get the city before they did.

It wasn't long after he took his sudden and fast movement along the sandy floor that he found his destination. Heading along the bridge with his R2 unit beside him and his protocal droid right behind, he pondered where he'd find the bidder.

Heading to the closest catina in town, he found himself fast to fast with the buyer. Nodding his head as they conversed over the trade, they headed to the man's shop. After giving each other the pilot datapads and identification Lanlif opened his comlink to the group.

"I've bought the ship, I'm just waiting for you guys now. Meet me at the spaceport, I'll be there."

And so he was, in one of the private landing bays, awaiting the arrival of the group.

--------------------

"I hate how life changes all the time.." -Lanlif

Posts: 42 | From: In space... | Registered: Apr 2003  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
O-B-1 Kenobi

Member # 467

posted 07-08-2003 08:44 PM     Profile for O-B-1 Kenobi   Author's Homepage   Email O-B-1 Kenobi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OCC: Mos Eisley))

"Sorry can't help you there big guy." said Ken, "Most of the hutt crime lords are gone now."

This man wanted to make money. Maybe he would agree to sell his ship, if he had one, to Ken. Or just give him a ride to Kiva.

Ken could afford it. Over the past few months, Ken had picked many pockets and had about 70000 credits in his account.

"You want to make money eh?" ,said Ken, "i'm in the market for a ship, care to sell me yours if you have one?"

Clearly the big man had not expected this. Ken waited for him to reply......

[ 07-09-2003 03:53 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by O-B-1 Kenobi ]

Posts: 66 | From: unknnown | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 164.78.252.56
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 07-11-2003 10:13 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a rare moment, Shawn frowned as Lumbia took it upon himself to take the role as leader. Even as he did so and began working across the sandy dunes of Tatooine, Shawn raised a hand to signal him to stop...

...and it was then that Lanlif's message came through. After the Squib was finished, Shawn looked directly at Lumbia. "Again you take the position as a leader when it is not your place," he scolded, his look stern.

And it was that precise moment that a tremor in the Force engulfed Shawn with an almost palpable wave of ice. He couldn't help but gasp slightly; but just as soon as that wave coalesced it completely disappeared.

With effort, Shawn collected his thoughts though by all outward appearances he was merely in calm introspection. "We must hurry," he said briefly, uncertain as to whether the younger Jedi had sensed the wave.

But perhaps Arrakeen had...

"I believe it would be wise for your Squib friend to take us to the Stargazer, where we can acquire a ship of our own," he said to Lumbia. "I dare not risk his life when something so vague and chilling radiates throughout the Force."

Waiting for no reply, Shawn once more began walking, this time taking up the lead position with Arrakeen at his side. As they walked, Shawn fell into introspection, and his mind's eye beheld upon scenes of his recent visions. Shawn glanced sideways towards Arrakeen.

When we reach the ship and begin our journey, he thought to Paul, there is something we must speak of...

...alone...

[ 07-11-2003 10:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.19.230.227
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 07-13-2003 10:21 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
When the Jedi Petrolu scolded Lumbia, Xam could not help but feel a little amused. The scene reminded him of himself when he was much younger.
Always wanting to be the first in lineA bossy little runtgetting scolded for not obeying orders

Xam thought for a while. Lumbia would have been the person Xam would grow into should he have taken his father's advice and signed up at the Jedi acedemy. But what was done, was done.

Xam could now see the buildings of mos Eisley Spaceport.......

--------------------

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 164.78.252.56
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 07-14-2003 01:15 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia looked down as they walked toward the starport. He felt a bit embarassed at being thrown down in such a public fashion. When they entered the Mos Eisley Starport they saw people of all creeds, races and features walking from hangar sites, landing bays and plantery shuttles. Yet one of them all caught Lumbia's attention. It was a human female, her hair trimmed to be at a meduim lenght with a body that was shaped so perfect it could be mistaken for a Queen's glass.

Lumbia only could reply to her with a smile, trying to probe her eyes with his mind but her intelligences seemed to blockade his onslaught. She was the women she longed for all his life, and it seemed to be shown on first sight. Yet that moment that was longed since his father explained love. A love that wasn't the loyalty to his mens, not the one that was so powerful within the family, but the one of his counterpart. The one that would stay with him the rest of his life, and this was what he was taught and it was shown all in just a matter of breathes as the two past by.

He couldn't help but smile as they continued to walk. His spirits had been rearranged and reprogramed in a greener light. It was embraced in the pastures of love now, but how long would this last.

After this mission he would have to come back, he would have to find her.

It was hard after that moment though to put his mind back on the here and now and future. Shaking his head, he tried putting off the momentary dreamy state, looking up at Shawn. He wondered then if Master Shawn had noticed what had happen, maybe there was a trimmer in the Force that told him.

"Master Petrolu, what and where is the Stargazer?" He said, attempting to get back into the conversation, hoping that his moment hadn't thrown him out of it too far. As he said this they boarded the large, polished freight ship.

[ 07-15-2003 06:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 07-14-2003 09:44 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the jedi entered the freighter Xam turned to them and said," Hey, guys. If you are taking this ship I'll go get The Ranclaw and meet you in orbit. Ok?"

One of the Jedi nodded his head. With that, Xam gave the Jedi his comlink number, and told them to contact him when they reached orbit. Xam then turned and headed to the other docking bay where the Ranclaw was. He would feel much safer on his ship than a Freight ship.

As Xam was making his way to the other docking bay he saw two men engaged in a conversation. One of them was dressed in a black suit, he did not look familiar. The other man however was......no it couldn't be.

Xam took a second look at the familiar man. Yes......it was. "Ken", Xam shouted and waved to the friend whom he met on Sullust.

[ 07-15-2003 10:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Xam Ngboohan ]

--------------------

O-B-1 Kenobi

Member # 467

posted 07-15-2003 07:41 AM     Profile for O-B-1 Kenobi   Author's Homepage   Email O-B-1 Kenobi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Xam!" cried Ken, "never mind about the ship big guy, thanks anyway." Ken then turned away from the big man and rean up to Xam.

"So where've you been and what are you doing here?"

Ken could not help but feel happy that he has met Xam again. For the first time for as long as he could remember, Ken smiled.

"Never mind, tell me about your adventures later. Right now, where are you heading? If you are going off-planet, can I hitch a ride?"

Posts: 66 | From: unknnown | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
Lanlif Berayen

Member # 454

posted 07-15-2003 06:25 PM     Profile for Lanlif Berayen   Author's Homepage   Email Lanlif Berayen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lanlif frown grew into a smirk as they walked onto the freight. One of them though left as quickly as they all entered, and from his count it seemed it was that new guy he meet back in the desert. Standing up with both his droids by his side in alert, he greeted them with a single gesture of his arms.

"Welcome to the...", he pasued for a second, reaching behind him, clicking on the navboard. Entering in the name of the ship he continued where he left off. "Bantha Bons."

Lanlif chuckled at the name as he put a thumbs up to the group. His protocal droid also was amused, but it was shown in a more mimic way as if he had never laughed before.

The Squib reached onto his belt, taking out all the com. units and gave them to the group, for an emergecy. Heading back to his cockpit seat, he alerted them of their lift off.

"The ship automatically will alert you guys of lift off. I'll stop when we are in orbit, then we can discuss where were all headed first, because I'm confused about this whole thing."

Captian Berayen clicked onto all the buttons and switches to begin the process. After a minute or too the ship was slowly levitating from the ground with the top of the landing bay slowly opening afterwards. After a momentary pause, the ship blasted off into the heavens. Hitting orbit and doing as planned, the ship stopped with Lanlif getting to his feet.

"So, where do we go next?"

--------------------

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 07-15-2003 10:16 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Of course you can," Xam replied, "I'm flying wingman for my Jedi pals in another ship." Xam could see the surprise in Ken's eyes when he mentioned that he had gotten in touch with some Jedi.

They finally got to the Ranclaw. A Jawa was trying to pry the engine open but did not have the strength to do any damage. Xam "shooed" the Jawa away, unlocked his ship and climbed into the pilot's seat. Ken got into the Gunner's seat.

After a short systems, and inventory check, Xam activated the thrusters and took off, leaving the desert planet behind.

--------------------

Paul Arrakeen

Member # 319

posted 07-19-2003 01:07 AM     Profile for Paul Arrakeen   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Arrakeen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Paul watched Tatooine from a viewport as the freighter lifted off. This is the second time he's left the planet, even though he had sworn he would never come back.

Do not dwell on the past, Paul. Be mindful of the future...and whatever this unseen shadow is.

The sudden ripple in the Force disturbed him deeply. For it to show up after he and Master Petrolu had those visions...

I must look more into the future and find the cause of such destruction. Perhaps it is the only way to avoid it.

The ship slowed to a stop, now in orbit of Tatooine. Paul turned away and approached the other Jedi. "Excuse me, my friends. I need to be meditating on our situation in order to gain some insight of what lies ahead. If there's anything you need, I'll be in the cargo holds."

Walking away, Paul thought to Shawn, And I'll be waiting for you. But first, educate Lumbia in the Jedi code forbidding love. I sensed his attraction to another before he reached the port.

--------------------

"I'm tired of talking, Fuchs. I just want to go up to my shack and get drunk." -The Thing

Posts: 60 | From: The Pit of Eternal Despair | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 68.48.135.155
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 07-19-2003 09:10 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn actually frowned for a moment at the last words Paul had thought in his direction.

...educate Lumbia in the Jedi code forbidding love...

Truth was, Shawn had no problems with love, so long as it was the real thing; after all, he fully condoned the love his sister had for Erik Kartan. Besides that, the Jedi Code which Paul was referring to was a belief of long past...

...before such a time as even Luke Skywalker himself married...

...although it was to another Jedi.

Shawn glanced to Lumbia, figuring up his own words for the concerns Paul had shown...

...for although he had no problems with a Jedi falling in love, he did have problems with it happening in an unnatural and forced way. Love comes suddenly and unexpectedly, not by force...

"Lumbia, I felt certain feelings of attraction from you in the docking area," he started simply. "Be mindful and keep your thoughts on the moment. For although I do not know Master Arrakeen's feelings regarding love...

...I believe it is something that comes to you, and in time. Once Jedi did not believe in love at all, and perhaps some of us still don't," he continued, again wondering what Paul's thoughts on the matter were. "But I think the main thing is to not let looking for love interrupt your dedication to what you are doing as a Jedi. You needn't go looking for it...

...if it is to be it will find you."

He paused for a long moment then, letting Lumbia absorb his words. Then he turned to Lanlif. "We need to go to the Stargazer, which is my sister's ship. I will get in contact with someone aboard the ship and find out their location immediately."

With that he wasted no time but dialed up the frequency for the Stargazer. After a brief discussion with someone on board, Shawn retrieved the coordinates of the ship, and gave them to Lanlif.

"And now," he said finally, "I need to go have a word with Master Arrakeen. If I am needed, please let me know."

With that Shawn departed the cabin, finding Arrakeen in the back of the ship. He took a seat next to him, his greeny-blue eyes intense. "There are things we need speak of," he said simply. "I want to know your feelings concerning this darkness we have been feeling...

...and furthermore I'd like to know just what it is you know of the Sith. You've been avoiding the issue, and if we are going to start a Praxeum together, we're going to have to start trusting each other."

He paused for a moment then, his eyes never leaving Paul's. "If you tell me what it is you know of the Sith...

...then I shall share with you the same."

He quieted with nothing more than that, waiting for whatever Arrakeen might reply.

[ 07-19-2003 09:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 68.19.230.227
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 07-20-2003 05:54 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia thought for a second, his mind absorbing what Shawn had said. It didn't seem to distract him, but from his knowledge of the Golden Years of the Jedi Republic, love was forbidden for it brought connection. A bond of which was strong, so strong that it could bring one to the dark side out of lush and the fact that when one died there would be pain. Someone so connected, so absorbed would be have to give it up sooner or later and this pain would be so dire in the training of the Light that it could bring one to a stage of darkness far beyond comprehension.

He understood this, but he didn't want to admit it. Whether it was forced, whether it was thrown upon him, it was true. Lumbia didn't care if he wasn't paying attention to the here and now, the situation before him.

"I don't care about the moment, I don't care about now!" Lumbia screamed, his eyes shutting as his veins absorbed the anger. Slamming his hands down as he clenched his teeth, he felt the cold water fall from his eyes.

The rush of emotions were all from this thing called love.....

How love was painful.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 07-20-2003 10:05 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Xam sat in the cockpit of his ship, The ranclaw. He looked over his shoulder and could see Ken staring out at the stars, seemingly lost in his own thoughts.

Xam decided not to disturb him. He wondered what was taking the Jedi so long to go into orbit. Maybe he was right about the ship being a piece of junk. He did give Lumbia his comlink signal, but forgot to ask the Jedi for theirs.

Xam hoped that Lumbia would call him soon and tell him where they intend to go. It was starting to get just a little boring.

--------------------

O-B-1 Kenobi

Member # 467

posted 07-23-2003 11:59 PM     Profile for O-B-1 Kenobi   Author's Homepage   Email O-B-1 Kenobi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the this floated in space in orbit over tatooine, Ken gazed out the window. From here he could see the twin suns of tatooine in their full glory.

Xam said that they were waiting for the Jedi. Jedi or not, Ken was starting to feel hungry.

"Hey Xam, do you have anything to eat? Preferably something high in protein?"
high in protein?
Ken did not know what made him blurt that out. He saw Xam start searching through a compartment for some food. While waiting, Ken returned to admiring his surroundings.....

Posts: 66 | From: unknnown | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 164.78.252.54
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 07-27-2003 06:37 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
High in protein?

Xam was just about to doze off when Ken asked him for some food. He sat up and rummaged through his pack.

The only thing high in protein was a "nutrient bar". He gave that to Ken who thanked him and immediately gobbled it up.

Xam looked at his chrono, and sighed. The Jedi surely were taking their own time.....

--------------------

Paul Arrakeen

Member # 319

posted 07-28-2003 12:59 AM     Profile for Paul Arrakeen   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Arrakeen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Paul opened his eyes, inhaled and exhaled slowly, then looked at Shawn.

"I'll be blunt. I have no clue about this sudden wave of darkness in the Force. All I've been able to discover through meditation is that its an unchanging presence. We can't sense it openly, but its still there." He waited for a few moments before continuing. "And I believe we should contact Xam about it. He was the first to sense it. If all of us use the force, we can find out where this disturbance is located. Now..."

A small smile appeared on Paul's face as he looked away and stared straight away. "The Sith."

"Like other Jedi, I was led to believe the Sith were a barbaric race, bred practically for war and influenced by the dark side. Every age in which they die out, they appear again to sow chaos and disorder in the galaxy. After I was exiled, my mediation on Hoth took me to the first of my visions."

The smile soon faded as Paul continued. "I saw...a war. A bloody, destructive war. One that makes our struggle with the Empire seem small in comparison. I couldn't control what I was seeing. Almost every few seconds, my vision changes to another planet or to another battle. And I see the same thing: bloodshed, fire, and pain. Somehow I came to the belief that the Sith were behind it."

"Through meditation I located the 'Daughter of the Sith' and went to one of the planets that once belonged to her race. She was quite...dismissive...but I found no motivation for conflict, and there was not as much hate for Jedi as I thought there would be."

"Yet, I still receive visions, and I fear that they will not go away until..." Paul shook his head. "Something is done. Something changes."

Silence save for the low humming of the freighter's engines filled the bay. After a minute or two, Paul spoke again. "That's all I know."

--------------------

"I'm tired of talking, Fuchs. I just want to go up to my shack and get drunk." -The Thing

Posts: 60 | From: The Pit of Eternal Despair | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 68.48.135.155
Lanlif Berayen

Member # 454

posted 07-29-2003 11:46 PM     Profile for Lanlif Berayen   Author's Homepage   Email Lanlif Berayen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lanlif had become bored with staying in the same spot in orbit waiting for the one guys ship to pull in somewhere in their general area so he pushed his comm. unit on the navboard and began with his transmission. As he pulled himself closer to the comm. unit, he thought up something to say to this stranger. Of course he'd need the coordinates, so that would be the best topic to begin with.

"Okay stranger, this is Captian Berayen. We've been in orbit for sometime, waiting. So I'm going to fill you in with where we're going." He began, his voice firm and professional. "Were heading to Bespin, you just come up behind us--but were going to land in the centeral starport landing bay. I'll inform you what dock were on when we land. See you when we get there..."

And so he began on the trip to this ''Stargazer''. Exiting orbit and heading toward the hyperspace lane, they were off, while the lines of stars opened an endless portal to their destination.

((OOC: Follow us to "Where the Clouds Open" in Complete SW Universe))

[ 07-29-2003 11:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Lanlif Berayen ]

--------------------

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05