my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Deep Are The Shadows (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Deep Are The Shadows
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-24-2002 12:10 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I grunted in Malf's crushing and thoroughly happy hug, trying to answer Jasyn.

"Th- that's just the alarm telling us the hatch is open," I managed as, with a final push I extricated myself from the giant hairball's enthusiastic grasp. I patted his arm a bit, then turned away.

"I'll go shut it down; it's nothing but a nuisance anyway. Sheesh, like we haven't the intelligence to take off without buttoning up the hatches...."

My mutters were cut abruptly off as I approached the bridge, carefully skirting the round plaque on the floor with its attendant connections dangling overhead. For off to one side was something else, something I didn't recognize. Another digital display was glowing a steady and rather ominous yellow-orange.

I frowned, wondering what in Hell's Seven Circles DJ was trying to tell us. After turning off the alarm and considering that light, I finally decided to take the plunge.

Maybe its a message from the ship or a proximity alert sensor. Maybe someone is coming... better check it out....

My hand descended lightly on the digi-pad.

And all hell suddenly broke loose.

The hatch abruptly slammed closed, and the lights in the bridge went from normal to the dimness of red alert. Somewhere a miniature klaxon begain to wail, which prompted a returning wail from Malf. He raised his hairy arms and criss-crossed them over his head, hollering like a rancor who couldn't get his claws to his lunch.

I barely had time to whirl around and shoot a worried glance at Jasyn when DJ fired herself up, and with no further ado sprang from the surface of K'eel Doba... and taking us along with her like gleeberflies caught in a web. I shivered with the sudden realization that, not having the weird flight suit any longer, I had absolutely no control over her.

Khaandon help us if this is some sort of automatic homing response... for this ship only answers to lady pilots! Just who is waiting on the other end of that directive?

Unless it was Flac... but how could that be possible?

With nothing better to do at the moment but wait, and not having a chair to sit it, I let my knees loosen, sinking down on the spot to hunker on the deck of the bridge. That ominous orangey-yellow light still glowed, like a fierce and tiny sun reaching out to engulf us all. But suddenly it wasn't quite as threatening as I first supposed it to be.

Not that I was known for being correct in my assessments one hundred percent of the time....

((OOC: Follow me, Jasyn and Malf to Knight Takes Queen, Check in the "CSWU" forms, thank you.))

[ 12-24-2002 12:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-24-2002 04:19 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla frowned at herself as Graysith departed to take care of matters, feeling very much like a disappointment.

And mostly a disappointment to herself.

Graysith is right. What good are your apologies? They will do nothing to repair any damage you might cause by reacting hastily. Only your actions in the future, based on what you are even now still learning, will prove whether you are sorry at all.

As if on cue to that, something moved outside in the corner of her eye. Shayla turned to analyze what that something was when Erik blurted, pointing wide-eyed at the viewport, "Shayla, the other ship!"

She spotted what he was pointing at just in time to see the last traces of the weird little ship Galen and Jasyn had headed for in K'eel Doban sky. She glanced at Erik but once, then hurried to the navboard and tapped a sigil that she knew would open a general comm frequency. In the same motion, she used her other hand to point towards the back of the ship. "Go tell Graysith what just happened," she indicated, turning again to the navboard and sending out a message, hoping it would work but not knowing the workings of the other ship. She vaguely heard her husband's departing footsteps as she did so.

"Galen, Jasyn, this is Shayla, do you read me?" she asked hopefully.

Oh please let everything be allright...

[ 12-24-2002 04:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.107.75
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 12-24-2002 07:08 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Knowing it was highly urgent that they do something at once, Erik stretched out with the Force and hurried towards the quarters where he sensed Graysith's presence. He knocked urgently on the door; after a few moments of this the door opened, revealing a calm and serene Graysith; he hated disturbing her so but he knew she would want to know what was going on.

"The ship Jasyn Lancaster and Galen are on just shot off into space," he said briefly. "Shayla's trying to get in contact with them at this moment, but as far as I know she has not yet been successful."

Erik fell silent at that, waiting, stretching out to his link with Shayla to sense that she was growing more and more concerned with every passing moment of quiet. Then he added a question as he continued to communicate through his link with Shayla, "Should we follow them?"

[ 12-24-2002 07:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.107.75
Jharu

Member # 342

posted 12-26-2002 12:15 AM     Profile for Jharu   Author's Homepage   Email Jharu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharu was well on his way through the limitless speeds hyperspace seemed to possess...

His eyes stared through the little viewing screen, as if to take in everything... Which he truly wished to do, it was such a wonderful sight, the streams of stars being seen through hyperspace, so pure, so infinate...

He looked down then at the ever faithful Ghrr, who sat at his side with a little feeler wrapped around his ankle...

He smiled and reached down to give his companion a little scratch, before turnign his gaze to the viewscreen once more, wondering at how vast the universe really was...

--------------------

"power? power is meaningless, It is wisdom that rules my Destiny"

Posts: 165 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.9
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-27-2002 12:23 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla used the sensors of the Sith warship to scan the area, and found to her horror that the ship that had so suddenly and unexpectedly taken off before them was nowhere in her scopes. She frowned worriedly.

Had they gone to hyperspace?

She sent the information regarding the ship's apparent disappearance along two Force-links she was maintaining; one with Erik and another with Graysith. All the while something else also niggled along a link she usually didn't feel too much from; she frowned even more darkly at the urgency of that little niggle, sensing an inner chill and reflexively drawing her cloak about herself.

Shawn...?

But staying yet alert to the problem immediately at hand, Shayla's hands hovered over the navboard of the warship, ready to take off or do whatever she was instructed just as soon as she received confirmation from Graysith, in the meantime staying attuned to the Force and remaining by all outward appearances completely calm...

[ 12-27-2002 12:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.107.75
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-27-2002 08:45 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Lady Q'utaro frowned at Erik's words, one slim hand flashing up to her forehead where the Glyph was beginning its usual escalation up the electromagnetic spectrum. For the tiniest moment her hand paused there, as though in contemplation; then it slowly lowered and she clasped both her hands in front of her.

"The ship's navigational computer is already programmed to follow Roan's ship," she said at last, her outward demeanor calm but each word acting like a tiny blade to rip and tear at her heart.

"We dare not risk losing my niece, Mr. Kartan. We shall follow that course."

With that she nodded his dismissal from her door, and when he had left departed herself to find Recinis and inform him of this latest and most unsettling development. She found him at not too lengthy a distance from the ship; quickly she approached him and informed him of the unexpected departure of the ship Galen had once piloted to K'eel Doba.

"Perhaps she has a plan of her own, my love," she finished her briefing as together they hurriedly boarded the warship. Without waiting for Lord Recinis's reply, she continued on to the bridge, there to implement their immediate departure from K'eel Doba.

En route she sent a directive along the Link she maintained with Jharu:

Follow us, my son.

Follow.

[ 12-29-2002 02:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-29-2002 02:19 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Follow us to Knight Takes Queen, Check in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
The All

Member # 144

posted 12-29-2002 02:33 PM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Behind the departing warship, a sere wind blew over the bleak K'eel Doban surface. It picked up tiny bits of sand and gravel, sending them skirling into the air and saltating across the iron-hard desert lacquer to finally end themselves against the cold stones of the Temple of S'slan. They splayed across those stones like myriad tiny fists, knocking for entry into that dark and reverent place.

Somewhere within the hidden shadows of the Temple, there came a sigh to mimic the wind. It was not of aeolian origin, however.

Into the dim lighting where the Kaminoan lab lay in shattered ruins, there stepped a form. It was female, who looked to be in her early twenties. It was soon joined by another form, and then yet another, the latter being male. Outside of the variance in their gender, they otherwise bore a striking -- but not identical -- similarity to each other.

The hair of all waved in flames upon their heads. The eyes with which the females viewed the ruined lab, calm with dispassion, were turquoise; the male's, violet. They all stood approximately two meters tall, alive with shining health and vigor.

All three sets of eyes glowed with... something.

One of the young females spoke up in the darkness.

"Shall we follow?" she asked pointedly.

The male shook his head. "We are to remain here until called for," he replied, his voice the sighing of the wind.

The third being merely nodded her flaming head; then, linking her arms into those of the other two, she began moving, pressing them back into the shadows from whence they had come.

Outside the Temple of S'slan, the keening wind howled its warning... but there was no one there to heed it.

No one at all.

((OOC: Follow into The Darker Side of Midnight in the "Jedi Praxeum/Sith Empire" forums, thank you.))

[ 01-05-2003 10:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I am beyond the Light and the Dark... joining them in unity I make them a greater sum than their parts. I am the warp and woof of existence, the commander of time and the very fabric of all that is...

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05