my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » As Wolf In The Fold

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: As Wolf In The Fold
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 09-27-2002 12:41 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Roan stepped back into his hidden sanctum amidst a burst of sith flame and shadows. He stopped for a moment, staring down with an inscrutable look upon his face as he considered his now-empty arms; then he seemed to heave a black sigh and moved out into the nearest corridor.

His senses quested outward, seeking to determine what had transpired in his stronghold during his absence. All seemed quiet... a little too quiet. A frown reappeared on his striking features as he now clenched his fists, his stride lengthening as he hurried along.

"Taehun!"

The command for attention ripped out from him like the eager claws of a rancor seeking its kill. It flashed out in all directions, hunting for the essence of his new apprentice, determined to find the reason that the essence of another certain someone did not appear to be anywhere around. For while he had sent Taehun out to destroy the young girl and the cunning sorcerer, he did not want them utterly eradicated from existence. He wanted to see the bodies, not only to gloat over the godlike powers he had over them but to prove the loyalties of the one he had chosen to assist him.

And so he came to the equivalent of a great and echoing Receiving Hall, and there mounted up on an elaborately carved and bejeweled dias. Atop this sat a throne fit more for an emperor than a king; with a flourishing swirl of his robes he seated himself upon it, grasping the arms with two strong hands, sinking his fists into the material there.

"TAEHUN!"

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 09-27-2002 05:52 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Taehun stepped through the false wall, the wall seemed to stick to his form as if it were made of some adhesive material. With a loud sucking sound, it finally came off. Taehun looked around to find himself surrounded by blackness. There were no walls, there was no floor...there was nothing.
What the hell have I gotten myself into...

Suddenly, Taehun heard his master's distinct voice in his mind. He heard his call for him, and abruptly turned around, ready to exit the way he came, only to find the false wall was gone. All Taehun saw was blackness, and there seemed to be no way to get out of it.

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.21.181
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-28-2002 11:23 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
There was no time for chit-chat...

"We are not safe here..." Lo-Ban said, quickly coming to his feet...

There was something... something that just wasn't right...

Naad could fend for himself, as he did to escape... I must keep harm from coming to the child...

He wouldn't let another young girl die in his arms, as he did he little sister... at the hands of a jealous fencing competitor of Lo-Ban's...

As that thought came to his mind, he did all he could to regain himself...

Ok... where to go... the safest place possible, Prinn'chatka.... I only hope Aelvedaar will accept me if I can, in fact, get through to him...

Lo-Ban took everything he had been taught by his early master Trel... he let the force take over his wishes, and sent an SOS to Lord Aelvedaar... hopeful for a timely reply...

[ 09-28-2002 11:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 208.61.79.242
Freedon Naad

Sith Sorcerer Extrodinaire

Member # 321

posted 09-29-2002 08:19 PM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Naad did not bother checking whether the two were at his home or not. He did not care either way, he had buisiness to attend to. The sorcerer remained in his house only long enough to change his robes and find a small cooler inwhich he could place the salvaged part of his sith body. His curent form, that of a dark jedi, was most dissatisfying. Naad then hurried out of his home, taking off across the almost uninhabitted world of K'eel Doba. Not far from his home there was a cavern in which emergancy shuttles had been housed, perhaps he could discover one that was in working condition. Naad snorted, the shuttles in the cavern were not of sith manufacturing and did not posses hyperspace capabilities. He had always been doubtful about how useful they would be in the event of an emergancy. Still it was worth a shot at the very least. Naad put his head down and plodded across the rough terrain, he had a long walk ahead of him.

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Posts: 119 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-03-2002 10:26 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The sleek ship exited from hyperspace suddenly, finding union with the shadowy aspects of space, deep within entaris commanded it silently, setting a course for the planet surfice, he would set down a few miles away from that devestating shield, it was thier he would once more join the ranks of darkness, renewing his place in the universe, he was reborn...

He felt the dull thump as the ship set down, at the same moment he finished his work upon that strange consol he now had found a quiet union with.
Phase one had now been completed, and so he would soon have access to the most devestating program to ever be known in the universe...

Queitly he stood, exiting the ship, and innacting a special defence upon it, so only he would have access to its secrets, and should any other attempt to enter, they would be dealt with in a quite...amusing, manor.

quietly he stood, facing that strange shield which seemed so perfect, it was complete absence of everything, such a spectacular sight it was to behold... But now it was time for that sight to be ended.

A hand extended into the air, and he took hold of the force, which was as a part of him forever, the powerful affects of the eternal flame still apparant in his awsome command of evil.

Quite litteraly he tweaked All it was to be evil. he simply reached out and sent his evil being through the universe, he knew roan could feel it, the siths dark heart assured him that knowledge, now it was simply time to wait, and should roan not accept him... Phase two would begin immediatly, and not a second though of the sith would be considered.

As he waited patiantly, his head tilted back to unleash a dark cackle, once more sending a strange ripple of evil energy flowing through the universe.

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.247
Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 10-04-2002 02:47 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ankrist Roan's turquoise eyes flared into fiery pits in his head as he suddenly sensed a double impact slamming into him from two different directions. The first was dealt with easily enough; with a semblance of a sneer curling his sensuous lips into a grimace, he reached out with the All to direct the path of his somewhat confused adept.

"The damned sorcerer flees even as I speak," he sent this knowledge flowing across a blackened link he now placed permanently into Taehun's mind, ripping into his body and soul with all the care of a starving rancor. "Follow and deal with him; prove yourself worthy of being the Apprentice of Roan...."

With that final thought he waved a clawed hand, quite easily penetrating the magicks of the Sith with the power of the All, that Taehun would be able to clearly see the path before him. There overlain against that fading darkness was the trudging form of one who appeared to be Desolist... and who both Taehun and his new Master knew quite clearly he most definitely was not.

Roan sent one final sensation blasting along that link, one which carried with it the merest tickle of feelings of raw nerve endings exposed, of great claws scraping against hardened slate, of minds and souls being inexorably stretched and warped, of the excruciating pain of flesh literally being burned and flayed from a living body... just the merest tickle of these things, a tickle which would have driven normal men screaming to their knees.

"Do not fail me again, Taehun...."

With that and another off-handed wave of his hand, he quickly dropped his protective shield, sending Taehun to the surface of K'eel Doba, a blackened double lightsaber lying at his feet for a weapon.

Immediately the dark Sith turned his attention to the newcomer, whose strong presence now slammed into him with the force of a tsunami now that the shield was dropped. Before the stranger could possibly do anything which could be perceived as being a threat, Roan began closing his hand into a fist of iron, snatching him from the surface of the planet, bringing him here before him in the bowels of his inner sanctum, the shield re-erecting even as that hand finally closed in upon itself, his long claws once again buried in his own flesh.

His brilliant, flaming turquoise eyes fell into their mirror image; with a silent snarl he exposed his fangs, studying for a moment this personage whose essence he clearly recognized... even as he did the form.

"Do you seek Death then, to have come here as you have?" he finally growled in the deepest of bass whispers, but one so penetrating that the very shadows of the sith drew back in terror, seeking instead the flames of Roan's ever-present fires that they might somehow be cleansed of the blight of those words.

((OOC: Go to The End of the Hunt in the "Sith Temple/Jedi Praxeum" forum to see what happens between Taehun and Freedon, thank you.))

[ 11-14-2002 01:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-04-2002 06:56 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
His lips curled slowly into a strangly sadistic grin, bowing his head slowly in seeming respect, though both knew that the creature once known as the dark priest was incapable of such useless feelings.
His voice then rolled forth, like the coming of a storm, demanding attention from all, surprising even to one who had been awaiting the sound.
"My dear friend-" he spoke the word as if he were capable of knowing the meaning, though he clearly was not "- Have you no compassion for an ally?"

Pausing a moment to let the demonic gears within his head turn in thougth he spoke again. "I have merly come to once more give you my assistance... For with me now comes knowledge, and ability, that far serpasses what you might expect from a...Human" his lips parted for a moment to release a dark laugh before his grin was renewed.
as his voice came forth again, it was as a viper striking, carring a venom which could drop any man dead. "I have no reason for being here, my plans have been innacted, soon i will hold the ability to control this universe with a mere whisp of desire.I do not have that desire to rule, but as i remember, it is you, who does...And so my purposes are met, in the end, little difference will be made, take my offer, leave it, or... Kill me if you wish!"
His head then tilted back to release a cackle born of insane glee, which not even entaris had an explanation for.
his eyes then arrowed into roans, taking on the texture of dripping blood. "as if such a thing were possible... Death will simply feed my hunger, grant me power, I, my dear friend, am As eternal as your very soul. But this is not what i am here for, make your disision now."

With that his eyes turned into the brillance of turquoise once more.

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.215
Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 10-04-2002 07:49 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ankrist Roan spoke no word, made no reply. He merely slit his eyes, narrowing them until they bore the aspect of every blackened nightmare to rend innocents from their sleep, keeping peace of mind and soul at gibbering bay. For a long moment he let those slits adhere to the bloody ones before him, considering the offer, realizing he did not need an ally, knowing he would be a fool not to accept one, knowing the relationship would never come close to the one he had with Taehun, that being of Master and near-slave, but never yet coming to be called what men term as an alliance in the truest sense of the word.

The evil in Roan recognized its twin in the powerful form before him. Recognized the powers each could unintentionally bestow upon the other simply by reaching out and taking from each other. One to provide the power to the other, the other to give the one all the hatred and fear and anguish he could muster among millions.

Roan had always aimed his sights on the coming of that day... and now knew that by working in this uneasy "partnership," its coming was beyond assured.

It was simple and factual destiny.

Now his eyes flared back to their former turquoise brilliance. His fangs were once more exposed in a dripping, snarling and utterly evil smile when, shooting his hand out he suddenly clasped the forearm of the one before him, sinking his claws deeply into the flesh there, feeling the blood well up to drip upon the ground, shivering with perverse joy as the man's own sharpened nails gripped his own arm and sunk in. They stood thus, claws in each other, their blood mingling as it pooled upon the ground, thereby sealing the most hideous covenant yet to be seen anywhere throughout the very history of the Galaxy.

Roan smiled.

"Unless there is something in particular you wish to offer, my friend, I believe I may have a small task for you...."

--------------------

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-04-2002 08:55 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
his eyes focused intently upon those which were mirriored by roans dark form, his smile growing that much more dark as the blood dripped from his arm, Sealed in blood... How fitting.

His head tilted forward slightly in semblence of a nod. "What is it you need? For my other tasks i must yet plan, I am free to perform a task..."

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.145
Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 10-04-2002 09:20 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Roan tightened his grip imperceptibly.

"There are those who would create a new Triad, to stand in my way of regaining rightful sovereignty over my kind. This I cannot allow to happen; the triad they seek to form must be nipped in the bud ere it forms, and the points of that triad scattered, broken and useless...

"...save for the one who lurks as though a wolf in a fold."

He paused, not saying any more, merely sending a wealth of imagery into the mind of the darkness standing before him: Galen, Darra, ShaRhylla, Graysith....

When he came to the image of the Chosen Daughter, his smile grew even more sadistic. He remained silent, now raking his gaze up and down the strong and powerful form of what used to be Darth Wicked, who stood oozing such obvious and pure evil before him. Then he threw his head back in a great roar of laughter, one which made the sith shadows sob and cry out in fear. But when his eyes came back upon the turquoise ones before him, his own held anything but mirth in their gleaming depths.

"How very amusing... and indeed, quite fitting, wouldn't you say, my friend?" The words oozed upon the air like the encroachment of mold within a garden, and he laughed again, so very, very pleased with himself...

...as well as with the strength and inherent... creativity ...he sensed so strongly within the essence of the Dark Being who had come so unexpectedly to his side.

--------------------

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-04-2002 09:58 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
His smile mimicked roans own demonic grin tooth for tooth, nodding slowly before becoming completly serious.
"very well, let it be done"
It was then he simply turned and was on his way, being sent from the city to the ship which awaited him.

Soon he was at the borders of that city, once protected by the shield which mimicked roans own protective shell so presisly... No more, No protection was offered, and silently he entered that place, his console in hand, and his iron like will protecting him from all would attempt and desern his location, it was indeed as though he had simply ceased to exist, a mere shadow within that city.

Sitting now within a secluded building, he activated that console, tapping in a few quick key strokes, activating a program, which emited a low pulse of energy, and mapped a great deal of the city.

Before any could descern his location from that pulse he was gone. Lurking silently within the shadows, waiting for the right time, tapping into that brillent console yet more things which only his mind could bring to pass...

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.170
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-17-2002 02:42 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Follow Entaris into A Strangely Hollow Universe, and Roan into The Darker Side of Midnight, both in "Jedi Praxeum/Sith Temple" forum, thank you.))

[ 10-31-2002 01:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05