my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Behold a Pale Horse (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Behold a Pale Horse
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 09-27-2002 12:37 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ShaRhylla stood with her chest heaving, staring in dumbfounded disbelief at the broken blade still held in her hand. For a long moment she stood in silence, her nostrils flaring ever wider like those of a battle-steed, her breast rising and falling faster and faster with each series of angry breaths she took, her jaws clenching and unclenching until she could not stand the moment, nor her apparent ineffectiveness, any longer.

She threw the sword toward her mother with an inarticulate little cry, then whirled upon her father.

"You told me they would attack first!" she screamed at him in a childish picque of anger, going so far as to actually stamp her foot at him.

Her father merely leveled a long look at her, the smile on his face never spreading or diminishing.

ShaRhylla whirled back to her mother again.

"I hate you both for what you did to my father!" she cried.

With that she took off toward Graysith like a Bothan Kra'kjya, her hands curled to best expose her raking claws, her white fangs exposed in a grimace of anticipation, seeking nothing more than to attack and rend and tear.

[ 09-27-2002 12:39 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-27-2002 12:48 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis acted in a flash of motion, his body shifting, sword entering its scabbard, one hand shooting outward like a viper striking from coiled position...
His fingers were skilled, and fount that slight place upon ones neck, that caused instant unconciousness. and with this, the last words she heard from him were. "i am sorry..."
his hand also reached out to catch her, and gently lay her upon the ground...
He then backed away. He wished not to take her against her will... it was not his place, this was up to Jharmeen, and Roan, No longer would he interfer, unless so needed in defense of Jharmeen.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.166
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-27-2002 01:17 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith stood alone, back from the events being displayed before her, watching with a heavier and heavier heart as the flesh of her very flesh fell before the skilled touch of her Lord. Every instinct in her wished to run up to her felled child, to kneel beside her, to take her up in her arms and hold her, giving her the love she was so obviously missing in her young life, short as that life had been so far.

Oh my daughter, if I could only let you feel the wonderful strength love can impart to you, such as I have found with your step-father..

...with he who would have been your stepfather....

Now tears infused her violet eyes and she did step forward, the Claw extended toward Roan as a silent reminder to him where her next move might very well lie. In fact, ought now to lie, for the Beast within her rose to its feet with a warning grumble, seeking to alert her to the opening now before her, striving to remind her that this was what they had come here for, to destroy the clones, to attempt to save the daughter, and to confront Roan and destroy him if she could. Yet even as the Beast gave warning within, even as Recinis's presence filled her with growing strength and lessening fear, she still found herself hesitant to face the once Dark Lord of the Warriors.

Because of that small bit of recalcitrance within her, she ignored the Beast and Roan entirely, having eyes only for the slim figure on the ground. The time would be at hand for killing soon enough, far more than soon enough. For just this moment she wanted only to drink in the sight of her daughter, now looking so vulnerable and so absolutely beautiful in her induced slumber, drawing what strength she could from that image to gird herself for what she knew she had to do. She came to a halt beside ShaRhylla, and there let her tears freely fall upon the child's flesh.

"My young one..."

The words choked off and ShaRhylla's form blurred in front of her then as slowly, the motion coming not from her heart but from her mind, she brought the Claw-bearing hand from where it had held Roan at bay, and leveled it upon ShaRhylla's quietly beating heart.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 09-27-2002 01:46 AM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ankrist Roan's turquoise eyes blackened as he watched Graysith come to a halt beside their daughter. The unending smile on his face finally fell from it as his lips curled into a snarl of utter disgust for the scene being enacted before him. But to whom it was for which he held the most disgust at the moment even he himself didn't know.

The Chosen One weeps for what might have been... the Pretender to the Clanship of the Warriors shows even greater weakness by standing so mildly by, and the daughter....

...the daughter lies silent at their feet, defeated ere she had the chance to truly give battle. Indeed, the pair were dishonorable to hand the fate which they had to the child of his loins...

This thought he let flash out from him, entering into the mind of she who had nearly become his bride. And while she didn't so much as lift her gaze to look at him in return, he knew fully well she had heard him, for even as he watched the Claw was removed from his direction and slowly lowered over that of the silent ShaRhylla.

That was all he needed.

"KILL HER THEN!" The black words spewed forth from his lips like an eruption of dark and decaying night things leaping from a dank and hell-spawned portal.

"For as weak as she is, she will not be of any use to me...."

With that, and before Graysith could so much as jerk her head up in surprise at the words, before Recinis could so much as set his whirlwind talents into motion, the once Dark Lord of the Warrior clan of the Sith reached out into the All, opened a doorway in it, and in the frame of it paused to send one final and lingering glance at his daughter. Then with a gush of blackened sith flames and the scrabbling and tattered sighs of the ever-present shades, he was gone.

((OOC: Follow me into As A Wolf In The Fold thread in "CSWU" forum, thank you... black grin....))

[ 09-27-2002 12:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dark Lord Roan ]

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
MasterTyberius

Emissary

Member # 314

posted 09-27-2002 02:54 AM     Profile for MasterTyberius   Author's Homepage   Email MasterTyberius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Tyberius sat, waiting...

He had sensed the presense of those in the main complex...

He had waited long enough...

He exited the dome city, and entered his ship... In no time, the ship came to a stop at the landing pad of the main dome on Kamino...

Tyberius calmly exited the Endeavor, and approached the entrance... He didn't have to look far, to find what who he searched for...

He came to the room, occupied by the three...

He addressed the chosen daughter,"What are you waiting for? Finish it... you must kill her..."

[ 09-27-2002 02:55 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by MasterTyberius ]

--------------------

Make my millennium...

Posts: 80 | From: see loban | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 208.61.79.242
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-27-2002 01:30 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith whirled with a grace that did not lessen the swiftness of the move in the least. In a totally instinctive act she stepped into a position directly between her sleeping daughter and this new threat, the Claw-bearing hand now raised and pointing directly between this new one's narrowing eyes.

Beside her she could sense Recinis tensing, as he too prepared to assist in any manner which would prove needed, although to the general observer he still maintained his general air of complete calm and self-control.

Graysith's eye slit, taking on the hue the sky does just before the falling of night, and the Glyph on her forehead flared out in responsive majesty. She let a long moment drag out between them, one in which she tilted her head a bit to one side, her eyes blackening further as she assessed this unexpected person... and how he had so conveniently come to be there.

"Just who are you to dare to even suggest how I should act?" The words came from her lips as the hiss of an adder. They coiled upon the very air, rearing insidiously up, there to freeze nearly solid as though preparing to strike....

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
MasterTyberius

Emissary

Member # 314

posted 09-27-2002 01:51 PM     Profile for MasterTyberius   Author's Homepage   Email MasterTyberius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Tyberius sighed, and regretted what he must do next...

"I regret... that I cannot give you anymore information, other than... it is vital that she not live... vital, to the rise of the sith..."

Tyberius stared into Graysith's violet orbs, ready for any attack from Dark Lord Recinis, of whom he could handle... it wasn't a coincidence that Tyberius had waited for Roan to exit the picture...

Tyberius then spoke up, once again,"That is all I can say..."

He then quieted, and hoped they would not attempt to press his boundary...

[ 09-27-2002 01:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by MasterTyberius ]

--------------------

Make my millennium...

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-27-2002 06:26 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis looked upon the man for a moment,considering his words. "what know you of the sith?" silently his eyes flared to life, he wished not for ShaRhylla to be destroyed, she was young yet, and with the touch of love, her heart might begin to beat as his now did. For indeed, Jharmeen held that mystical touch, he had first hand experience of that.

slowly the glow of his eyes subsided, he was ready for anything, he sensed easily the confedence this one held in his strength, and that confedence signified one of two things, He was a fool and a madman, or he was a force to be reconded with... Either way, recinis was prepared.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.82
MasterTyberius

Emissary

Member # 314

posted 09-27-2002 10:40 PM     Profile for MasterTyberius   Author's Homepage   Email MasterTyberius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Tyberius took a deep sigh, as he shook his head...

"Lord Recinis, I am not here to harm you... do not attempt anything, foolish..."

He paused, then turned in Recinis' direction, but not talking his focus off Graysith...

"As for you question... All I can say is that I know what is to be of the sith... and I warn you not to inquire further..."

He then turned back to Graysith, giving her his full attention,"There is only one answer, kill her..."

Tyberius waited, fully aware of the young dark lord...

--------------------

Make my millennium...

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-28-2002 02:47 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith merely returned this stranger's intense stare with one growing more and more aloof by the minute, though hidden beneath that icy facade her brain literally whirled. The fact of the matter was that she was greatly disturbed that he would even know of the sith, let alone seemed to realize they were somehow connected to a future resurrection. How could he have known? Who could possibly have told him? The only ones having this knowledge were herself, her Lord and husband, her Sire, her Adept, and their new, if untried, allies. And Roan... and if it made little sense that one of her group would have for some unfathomable reason leaked information out to this one, whoever he was, it made even less sense that Roan would have.

Especially if the end desire was that ShaRhylla would be summarily put to death. It simply made no sense.

She slit her eyes further, never letting the Claw waver from its aim directly between the stranger's eyes, before deigning to speak to him a final time.

"Even if your words would make sense, you will not persuade me to that end. I see no reason my daughter should die...

"Not anymore."

Now trusting her husband to keep a watchful eye on the stranger, she turned back to regard the still unconscious form of her daughter. Lost in slumber, she looked peaceful, and so very, very young.

She has not even had the chance to learn to live, the thought whispered silkenly through Graysith's mind. How can I kill her? How do I know what is right in this matter? True, she seeks to be at her father's side, she would fight against me, but would it be possible she could be swayed?

Slowly she let herself drop to her knees beside ShaRhylla, one slim hand now reaching out to brush tendrils of her hair from her face. She cocked her head a bit to one side, her eyes filling with tears, as she considered the next thoughts rushing through her mind.

What-- what if the words this stranger speaks is true? Who is he? Is he another Krath Prophet come to bring warning?

That consideration brought a chill to her heart, for well did she remember her earlier encounter with just one such a being. Enigmatic these prophets were... yet they always told the truth.

And then? If this was the truth he spoke of? What then? Did she really have it in her to murder her own flesh and blood?

A trickle of tears escaped her eyes to fall upon her daughter's face as the realization struck her full bore.

No. It was intolerable to even consider it, beyond unfathomable. Even if for the Greater Good this child had to die...

...she would not do so by her own mother's hand.

The resolution firmed her heart, and she reached out to gather her daughter's limp form to her breast. Then she merely remained kneeling, rocking her, her tears flowing freely as she realized the long road she had travelled over the past years had lead to this point where she had at last somehow made an abrupt change in course.

For the first time she ignored the possible good of the many, and instead adhered to the welfare of the one.

"My child shall not die," she murmured into her hair. Then, once more she cried out to her Lord, before falling silent and remaining thus, kneeling there, rocking her child in her arms as though she were a baby.

[ 09-28-2002 02:50 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 09-28-2002 02:59 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis let his gaze remain affixed upon the form of the unknown being for a moment, before turning to face graysith and ShaRhylla.
He approuched quietly, his senses still attuned keenly to that unknown being, whom recinis trusted not in the slightest.

Quetly he gathered them both in his grasp, mother and daughter...
He then whispered to her. "Come my dear Jharmeen... Let us return home, this quest is done, no longer should we remain..."
Queitly he kissed her check, he gaze still affixed upon her child.

As they stood there together, slowly the felt the pressence of that all knowing being which was Aelvedaar, and quickly they were whisped away to return to the city.((OOC: please follow Graysith, Recinis, and shaRhylla into, "with wings like eagles" thanks))

[ 09-28-2002 03:02 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.136
MasterTyberius

Emissary

Member # 314

posted 09-28-2002 11:34 AM     Profile for MasterTyberius   Author's Homepage   Email MasterTyberius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"There is another option..." Tyberius said, hopping it was heard, before they stepped through the portal...

He then turned on his heal, and exited the complex...

Quickly within his ship... it soared through the atmosphere of Kamino, and blended in among the stars...

They did not understand... next time, I will make curtain they cannot miss the point...

[ 09-28-2002 12:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by MasterTyberius ]

--------------------

Make my millennium...

MasterTyberius

Emissary

Member # 314

posted 09-28-2002 12:36 PM     Profile for MasterTyberius   Author's Homepage   Email MasterTyberius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Please watch for Master Tyberius in another thread, in the near future... thank you...))

--------------------

Make my millennium...

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05