my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Morniie Utuliie (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Morniie Utuliie
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-27-2002 11:32 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Chosen Daughter of the Sith stood hunched over in the middle of the ring of candles, panting. Her hands rested on her knees and sweat dripped from her forehead to wet her hair as it hung down to frame her face. The black form-fitting practice doba adhered damply to her body, moist with sweat the workout had provided her. At her feet lay her battle-sword Rora'Kessh, it's tempered blade glinting up at her in the light of the flickering candles.

Nikk stood smiling before her, his spear held loosely between his hands. "Much to learn have you, Lady," he grinned mischievously as he gave the weapon a twirl, then brought it to battle-readiness in front of him once more.

Graysith merely shook her head, then raised herself upright. A responding smile crossed her features as she tossed the wet locks of hair from her face. "It is beyond me why I must learn to wend this hideous and primitive sword," she replied, indicating the blade with an extended hand. "I have the use of the All at my disposal. That is ever so much more elegant... and not to mention, overpowering."

The Noghri only grinned in return. "Not your own choosing this lesson is," he reminded her. "The Dark Lord this has decreed, his Lady a Warrior bride to be."

Graysith sighed. "Yes Nikk, I know that," she finally agreed. She grew momentarily mute as she quickly ran over the events which had led her to this one particular moment in spacetime. That portion of her which she now accepted as being "Graysith" found nothing particularly untoward in those unreeling memories; it was Jharmeen who yet remained a touch over-awed by it all.
But who also remained accepting of it....

The Sith. That ancient and once all-powerful civilization, reduced from their towering heights to a level which bordered the primitive, sent crashing there from generations of squabbling and mistrust. The Sith, progenitors of a rare few who could discern the dead end they were travelling upon, who knew what their future entailed, who knew the Dark Jedi would over-run and destroy them... and who in the final moments had discovered the beauty of the All but not with time enough to set its powers in motion for them. The Sith, who with her assistance as Chosen Daughter, would be brought forth once more in all their glory, and who would then turn to Roan and Aelvedaar for leadership, to learn of the All and how to use it...

...the Sith, who would be instructed to turn to her, Graysith, and from her learn once more how to trust.

Graysith was prodded rather abruptly from her musings as Nikk's spearpoint flashed to her throat and tickled her there. "Memories serve not the dead," he warned her succinctly with a meaningful arch of his brows.

The Chosen Daughter smiled a touch ruefully, then retrieved the gleaming Rora'Kessh from the stone floor. Crouching into ready position, her left hand outstretched, the sword-bearing right upraised over her head with blade parallel to the floor, she waited for Nikk's next assault.

[ 05-03-2002 01:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.101.161
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 03-01-2002 12:01 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Dark Lord smiled to himself as he had watched both Nik and his beloved Chosen One work on her warrior skills. She has much potential and will be a great asset to them. Alveedar had indeed chosen wisely when he chose her to help them resurect their race. He clipped down the corridor, robes flowing behind him toward the secret room his brother had been keeping as of late. The sith swirled in the shadows protecting it from all others as he made his way in to find Aelveedar patiently waiting for his results.

"My brother," Roan nodded his head both in respect for his brothers abilities but for all the he ment to him. The events of late had given him a new perspective for many things including the Sorceror Lord that stood before him. "My brother I have come to offer an appology to you. I have been so involved as of late in my new found abillities that I have been lacking in my training as a whole. I wish to appologize to you and ask that you begin my training of the mind. It of course is the total ability of the mind and body that makes one complete.
I will leave you to your work and await your answer." The Dark Lord bowed his head once more before once more leaving the room to make his way back to the training room.

Roan removed his robes stripping down to his training uniform and stepped over to were the two were sparing. "You are doing quite well my Dark Heart. Thank you Nik for all you have done, I will take over from here."
Roan's lips curled into an evil grin as he took up his sword and assumed his fighting stance in front of his chosen one.

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 12.216.32.42
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-01-2002 01:38 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It was a difficult task, but Graysith managed to fight down the pleasurable little thrill which raced seductively through her as her love and Lord came to take up his battle position before her. His muscles rippled like those of a great predator and his gleaming eyes pinned hers, almost as if trying to say the battle would most assuredly be over before it ever had begun if she would only look deeply into them to find that answer there.

Giving herself a little mental shake she managed to pull back from that hypnotic stare, and in doing so her thoughts flashed back to another day when he had stood before her thus, lightsaber flashing down upon her as he came to her in attack. Thoughts of how that lesson had progressed only provoked a little smile in her; bowing to Roan, she straightened nearly upright, Rora'Kessh held in a loose but ready grip.

Then her entire aspect changed as she retook her former battle-ready stance. Though her chin was tilted down just enough to show respect to his abilities, her violet eyes nevertheless flashed a returning boldness of their own. Looking up at him through her lashes, her own lips beginning to curl in a mischievous smile, she waited the onslaught of her Lord.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.184
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 03-02-2002 12:14 AM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik sat hunkered on a bunk aboard the Relentless, his mind racing.

He COULD just leave here. No one was paying him any mind. And why would they? They'd offed Shayla. Why would they care about him?

But then, if they'd felt the need to get rid of Shayla, why would he still be free?

Though the logical portion of his mind was slowly beginning to point out that he might not have all the facts to reach a conclusion, he wasn't ready to deal with other possibilities. All he knew was that Shayla was gone, and her last few moments that he'd sensed were those of fear.

The uncertainty was driving him crazy. He was angry, and he wanted to know the truth. But he couldn't get into that Temple again, not without her.

Or could he?

Leaving the Relentless where it stood for the moment, he headed back to the Temple seeking the truth...

[ 03-02-2002 12:15 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.71
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 03-09-2002 08:05 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Reaching the Temple doors, Erik reached out to open them, only to confirm his suspicion.

They granted him no admittance.

Angrily, he slammed a fist against the door, not caring that the motion in turn drew blood. Grasping on to a clump of the moss that had grown about the door, Erik let his anger run rampant in his psyche.

This was not the Jedi way. He shouldn't be letting his pervade his thoughts so.

But dear gods, he'd searched the Universe to find this woman that he loved when everyone else sat on their collective rears. He'd stayed with her even though she hadn't yet truly professed her love for him, even when he was uncertain of her new beliefs. Of her new way of life.

The sorrow was too great to bear. He just had to know the truth. He HAD to avenge her death, if that was in fact what had happened.

This was not the way of a Jedi...

...but then he wasn't a Jedi, was he? In fact this sort of thing was the reason he had never completed training. His love was dead for all he knew, and he was supposed to sit back with total calm and just take it?

Yeah right.

Gripping the moss in his hand even more tightly, he stood at the door and lost track of time, the saddeness overwhelming him so much that he was no longer seeing the doors in front of him, but the face of his love.

The woman he wished to spend the rest of his life with. But she was gone...

Then, some menacing voice pointed out that he didn't have a clue what he was doing, and questioned just what he did intend on doing should he find out she was dead. These were the Sith after all, and they were even more powerful than the ones history had given.

But he would do whatever it took, even if it meant giving his life. At least then he could be with her again.

He'd fought too long and too hard for her to let her go like that.

And he was jarred from his thoughts as the door beneath the moss which he still tightly gripped gave way to his touch...

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.32.174
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 03-16-2002 06:13 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Through the ever-connectedness of the grand and glorious All comes a fearsome ripple. In utter contrariness to that which is simulates, it builds upon itself in intensity as it races out from its source, until at length what reaches me has the impact to nearly knock me to my feet. I gasp as that message slams into me, my one clawed hand reaching out as though to take up the fabric of spacetime as I know I can do, and reweave it into a pattern more suitable to my own designs.

That however I cannot do. This much I must concede to the Power of the All. This is the reason why few must learn of it, or what potential each one has if awakened not to merely it's beauty alone, but to that inherent in each and every living thing. I gasp again, thanking the All for breaking from the shadows to bring this disturbing information to me. Then I gain control of myself.

My Brother must be informed of this.

I make a hurried adjustment upon the control panel of the device which I have been so scrupulously attending; it shall withstand singularity for the precious moments I must divert from its side. I nod my head, my horns coming into brief and electric contact with that device... then I turn and hasten away.

I find them there in the circle of flames, circling each other like two playful cats, each one judging the other, each one keenly aware of the knowledge they read in the others' eyes. I pause momentarily in the darkness of the entrance to that great room, reading more than they might know in the gaze of them both.

How great the love between them, I think to myself. How I wish she had looked at me the way she looks at him now.

I sigh that small indulgence away and move into the room. Before me they both stop their swordplay, and look up at me. Their smiles of welcome and recognition fade before the look I know is planted upon my face. I bow my head slightly to them both, then begin without preamble.

"A great danger approaches, my Brother," I speak in a soft but urgent voice. His smile disappears as I continue, and his grip upon his sword tightens. His eyes glow a brilliant turquoise, as though he knows ahead of that which I am about to speak.

"There has been treachery afoot... and Rean is dead."

The Chosen Daughter's violet eyes cloud with puzzlement, and she turns her head back and forth between her love and I, seeking an answer to that which she cannot yet completely understand. I sigh heavily, my soul feeling the weight of the entire span of centuries that have progressed since my birth, so long ago and so very, very far away. The future of the Sith yet hangs in the balance; while there can yet be the Resurrection, there is still needed a certain triad....

My thoughts are interrupted by the clanging of Lord Roan's sword striking the stone of the floor. His horned head falls back, and he raises fisted hands to the ceiling as though seeking his own answers from unanswering gods. I know he is sensing himself, finding his own path, knowing his awareness has been clouded by his love for the Daughter I have chosen.

"MY BROTHER!!!" he roars in an anguish only matching my own. Then, he whirls to his love and mate, takes her into his arms, holds her in a tight embrace as though he may never see her again. Before she can begin to voice the first of the myriad questions I see in her eyes, he has stepped back from her, wrapped himself in a cloak of the All, and has gone.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.38
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-16-2002 06:29 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Chosen Daughter of the Sith could only blink in startlement at the rapid and completely unexpected disappearance of her love. A multitude of questions fought for recognition in her head, but she fought against them, and managed to sift through them all to isolate and then utter the one most encompassing which would open the floodgates to all answers.

Another sharp and ringing clang echoed off the stones as her own Rora'Kessh fell from her shock-loosened grasp. She turned a piercing gaze to her Sire, fighting against the threat of darkness she felt rising within her.

"I don't understand," she whispered simply. Then she fell silent, waiting for an explanation.

[ 03-16-2002 06:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.38
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 03-16-2002 07:13 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A deep consternation for the pain this one may yet experience washes through me, and I gather my strength to help her through it. Although there is yet only cause for a modicum of concern, I cannot help but have a bad feeling that the Power of the All has not finished with us.

I reach out to her gently, and take up her slim hands in my clawed ones. My volcanic eyes take in the small defiance her rounded yet still lithe form is presenting to the Universe; I squeeze her hands once and then begin.

"You know I have chosen you as the One to initiate the Resurrection of the Sith," I begin. I pause to let her nod in agreement, then bear onward. "While you first believed you were to unite the Sith Lords to use the power of the All in this achievement, you now know that instead your destiny was to unite with a Dark Lord of the Sith, to bear his child. The unity of Light and Dark created in that childling would result in the strength necessary to operate certain... magickal devices. The strength of the All would then be funneled, and the Sith civilization would -- will -- be brought forth again to obtain its former glory."

I pause again, searching deeply into her violet eyes. There I see momentary clouds; one slim hand goes instinctively to the roundness of her belly as though seeking assurance of what is there. She nods again, albeit a touch slowly. I clench my jaws, seeking the right words to speak.

"You must understand from the viewpoint of the Sith," I went on after a bit of thought. "They were in decadence, depravity. Though they did not deserve the horrendous death the Dark Jedi dealt unto them, they were still far from the glory and morality my brother and I try to uphold. This was recognized over four thousand years ago... and to that end there were three who were themselves chosen, preordained to hold them in their hands, to teach them and lead them in strength through the All into their new beginning.

"These three were brothers, Dark Lords all, the heads of their respective clans, who were to be sent forth through the All to the Time of the Chosen One. I--"

Here I pause and bow my head in deference to her, as well as to the sudden realizations I see flooding into her eyes. "I, Aelvedaar, am the Dark Lord of the Sorcerer clan, unfortunately prevented from coming forward when I should have, but luckily brought here by the very One I had chosen. My brother, Roan, sent here not only to fulfill his destiny in meeting you, is also the Dark Lord of the Warrior clan.

"And our brother, Rean, is-- was, the Dark Lord of the Weaponry clan. Yet somehow he who has developed the only means by which the All may be used to strike with lethality against another-- is himself struck down."

Once more I pause; I see fire now leaping into her eyes and she straightens, glancing to her sword which lays gleaming on the stone. I chuckle.

"No, my sweet," I chuckle softly. "Clan leaders must be of Sith blood. And to this end, in the event some dire and unforeseen disaster would befall us, we have assured that absolutely nothing...nothing! of any harm would befall the only other one with Sith blood in her veins."

Now I stop, and place my clawed hands on her shoulders. My eyes penetrate hers with almost raping force. They widen in front of me, and both hands now grasp her belly.

I nod at her sudden understanding and then withdraw the fierce intensity I had flooded her with. Leaning back again, softening my demeanor, my arm now going about her shoulders in support, I hold her tightly to me, for the first time in my life feeling helpless to the whims of the All. Together we do the only thing we can do....

We wait.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.44
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-16-2002 08:03 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith huddled in the strong circle of Aelvedaar's arms, her mind whirling beneath the onslaught of what he had just disclosed to her. The mindless Beast within her, rather than yowl and slash in blind rage at the unexpected turn of events, chose instead to taunt her with deceptive and unceasing purrs. While they encompassed myriad questions and concerns, they repeatedly condensed back to three short and inescapable facts.

Something had the strength to kill a Sith Lord.

Her love and Lord was a Sith Lord, and had disappeared in a cloud of rage, no doubt seeking vengeance against the terrible action perpetrated against his brother.

That something had the potential to kill him as well.

She shivered, huddling into an even smaller ball, and tried to blink away the tears that were beginning to form in her eyes. She tossed her head angrily, angry that Fate had decided to hand them this hand to play, angry at her own apparent weakness in response to it. The slavering Beast snickered in her inner ear, reminding her over and over and over that no matter what she now did, she would never come close to helping her love in any conceivable manner.

She was human, after all.

"No," she whispered to herself, then in a louder voice. "NO!"

The Sorcerer Lord pulled back in startlement as she suddenly leaped out of his arms. "I am the mother of that which shall bring forth your entire civilization!" she raged, going so far as to stamp her foot in effrontery. "You have taught me of the All, and how to use it! I am of more use to you than being merely breeding stock; I can assist you, as can the adept I have begun to teach!"

She paused now, reaching down for her sword, and held it before her as though taking an oath.

"I and my adept can assist my Lord and love; he must not face this unknown evil alone!" Her breast heaving, she stood before Aelvedaar panting, completely oblivious to the fact that mere moments before she had been huddling with both hands grasping her belly in a protective manner. Oblivious to the fact that All user though she may be, she was indeed still human... and thus hadn't anywhere near the inherent strength of a Sith. She stood there before him daring him to stop her.

He didn't need to, for she stopped herself with the realization that she hadn't a clue as to where her love had gone.

Slowly her hand dropped as this thought sunk into her soul like some black and heinous stone. She stood there fighting a fresh onrush of grief and fear, swaying a bit before slowly crumpling to her knees on the cold stones of the floor.

Once more Rora'Kessh fell from her nerveless fingers, to lay at her side, mocking her silently at the ease with which it had escaped her grasp. She paid it no heed, but turned her thoughts to the only other soul in the Universe she knew would stand with her no matter what the odds.

Shayla....

[ 03-16-2002 08:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.197.189
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 03-16-2002 09:13 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Still stumbling through darkness, unheeding of any of the obvious indicators that Shayla Stargazer Petrolu was not dead, Erik found that once he had entered the Temple, he was stuck. Though he could walk the halls, he found himself unable to open another door.

He couldn't for the life of him figure out how he had opened the first.

Hoping to get a lock on where anyone was, Erik enhanced his hearing with the Force. After a bit of gauging and some hunting and pecking, he was able to find the door which would lead to the voices his amplified hearing picked up.

He reached for the door. Still no admittance. Then suddenly becoming curious, he continued his eavesdropping. Little did Erik know what he would hear would not only melt his fears, but reveal far more than even Shayla probably knew of future events.

"You must understand from the viewpoint of the Sith. They were in decadence, depravity. Though they did not deserve the horrendous death the Dark Jedi dealt unto them, they were still far from the glory and morality my brother and I try to uphold. This was recognized over four thousand years ago... and to that end there were three who were themselves chosen, preordained to hold them in their hands, to teach them and lead them in strength through the All into their new beginning.

These three were brothers, Dark Lords all, the heads of their respective clans, who were to be sent forth through the All to the Time of the Chosen One. I--," here the voice paused momentarily, "I, Aelvedaar, am the Dark Lord of the Sorcerer clan, unfortunately prevented from coming forward when I should have, but luckily brought here by the very One I had chosen. My brother, Roan, sent here not only to fulfill his destiny in meeting you, is also the Dark Lord of the Warrior clan.

And our brother, Rean, is-- was, the Dark Lord of the Weaponry clan. Yet somehow he who has developed the only means by which the All may be used to strike with lethality against another-- is himself struck down."

Clan leaders must be of Sith blood. And to this end, in the event some dire and unforeseen disaster would befall us, we have assured that absolutely nothing...nothing! of any harm would befall the only other one with Sith blood in her veins."

Erik stood at the door stunned, listening like some awe-strucken school boy. The child, the baby..is the Other...

After some silence, Erik could hear Graysith fairly scream, "NO! I am the mother of that which shall bring forth your entire civilization!" she raged, going so far as to stamp her foot in effrontery. "You have taught me of the All, and how to use it! I am of more use to you than being merely breeding stock; I can assist you, as can the adept I have begun to teach!"

Her Adept?! Could it be...

"I and my adept can assist my Lord and love; he must not face this unknown evil alone!"

Oh yes, yes it was true! She was NOT dead, oh thank the gods! Why had he ever doubted?

Then, as this bout of relief flooded Erik, he suddenly realized the possible danger he was now in himself. Backing down his hearing, he began to back into the wall, expecting to be lashed out upon for his stealthy effrontery.

He'd heard far more than he ever should have...

[ 03-16-2002 09:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.32.130
Nikk

unregistered

posted 03-16-2002 10:04 PM       Edit/Delete Post
Well... would you just look here to see what choice bit of meat the gods have delivered into my hands....

Like black ink pooling from even blacker shadows, the Noghri stepped smoothly into view, his spear flashing to Erik's throat and rather efficiently pinning him against the stones of the corridor wall. Nikk immediately pressed it into the flesh there, scant millimeters from the jugular vein, and held it steady as a rock.

He wouldn't budge as long as the eavesdropper remained still... and as long as he remained still, he would remain alive.

Standing in this impasse, he barked a curt order into yet more shadows down the hall. From their depths there now padded the great form of M'wonBo'o, who came up to Erik and glared him balefully straight in the eye. He hunkered there, letting his great mass add yet more effect to the physical threat offered by Nikk.

Together the two held Erik against the wall, and waited for someone to come to them.

Logged: 152.163.197.68
M'wonBo'o

Defender of Graysith

Member # 52

posted 03-16-2002 10:14 PM     Profile for M'wonBo'o   Author's Homepage   Email M'wonBo'o     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
In my mind is slyness being, quiet being... hurting being? In my eye is stranger being, threat to Mistress he is being!

Thoughts to hers his going being! Thoughts to mine his stopping being; snarl I, strain to keep still being; reach out-out to Mistress being:

Intruder! Here! Invader being! Here-here-here is holding being! Mistress come and answer being, Mistress with great anger being! Fear and knowing, in mind being! Invader-sensing-KNOWING being! I so strong alerting being!

Snarl I...

Snarl I.

--------------------

//Defender of Graysith, against all adversaries//

Posts: 33 | From: Wherever Graysith goeth, I followeth | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.68
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 03-16-2002 10:43 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Although the unexpected alert was clearly meant for the One whom I have chosen, I found it almost offhandedly simplistic to intercept it in mid-channel. Using my own formidable strengths, I followed it to its source, and there discovered that which provoked the outcry.

My brows lowered as I turned thus away, the door to this room opening at my merest whim. Revealed in its frame was the form of a young man, pinned to the wall immediately across from the entrance by both Graysith's personal bodyguards. The fact that he had chosen to eavesdrop was blaringly obvious even without the clamor being put forth by the tuk'ata; the fact that he had chosen this most inopportune of moments to do so was equally evident.

I will give him credit that he wasn't flinching, and didn't even as he saw my forbidding form bearing down on him.

I raised my hand to mete out justice as swiftly and as painlessly as I could, but was halted by a light touch on my arm. I cut my eyes to the side to see She whom I had chosen standing there, her own eyes blazing...

...but they were blazing at me.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.68
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-16-2002 11:10 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith could scarcely contain the anger which threatened to erupt from her. She was aware that the rapid and unexpected turn of events was probably at the heart of flare of emotion which boiled up inside of her...

...yet, she conceded to herself, that wasn't the entire reason for her suddenly blossoming rage.

Trembling with the effort to maintain a modicum of calm, she nevertheless found her fingers clutching Aelvedaar's muscular arm with every bit of strength she possessed. He didn't even blink, or try to speak, clearly giving her the opportunity to explain her audacity.

She didn't let him wait long.

"Is this the manner in which you profess to lead your kind into their great and glorious future?" she seethed quietly. "Is this how the might of the All manifests itself through you and your brothers?"

She paused for a moment, staring him straight in his volcanic eyes which were growing hotter and hotter by the moment. Refusing to back down, she only gripped his arm even tighter, so tightly that she broke a nail in the contracted muscle of his forearm.

He stood mutely before her; emboldened by his silence, she continued on, now softening a bit.

"My Sire," she proceeded, still pinning him with a penetrating gaze. "Have you learned nothing from that which I endured in my recent discovery of myself? Have you not learned that which my Lord has done? He himself came to you in that regard; how am I to complete the destiny spoken of earlier, that of teaching your race to trust again, if you cannot find this in yourself and show as an example?

"Have you not yet learned to trust?" Now she pointed her free hand toward the stunned young man. "That one is the love of my Adept, and I would not see him come to harm without reason. Can you not find the trust necessary to discern the reason why he was overhearing our conversation, instead of leaping to the assumption that it was for a reason that would prove dangerous to us? Do you not wonder how it is he is here? Can you not trust enough to give him the benefit of the doubt, and the space of time to inquire this of him?

"Have you truly chosen me for more reasons than you orginally stated... only to then disregard them in part? Can you not find this trust within yourself, trust I have tried to show you by giving you mine, not for his sake or mine, but for your own?"

Now clenching her free hand with a conscious effort to keep her anger under grips, the Chosen Daughter fell silent, and waited.

[ 03-16-2002 11:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.68
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 03-16-2002 11:49 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stare into the ultraviolet gaze of my Chosen One, bathed in the radiance emanating from the Glyph I have bestowed upon her. Yet my eyes are unseeing, instead turning inward as her words press into my being.

Something akin to shame floods me; now my eyes close tightly to keep its heat at bay. I find myself trembling with the same tremors I have only just felt racing through her own body; it takes all my strength to stop them and bring myself back into calm. I manage with the vow I now pledge to my only living Brother, wherever it is he might be finding himself at the moment:

If it begins again, it will not begin with me.

Now my eyes open, and I direct them toward the young man. I slowly lower my arm, and tuck my hands into the sleeves of my robes. I direct my molten gaze directly into his unblinking eyes, and pin him with but one short utterance.

"You may speak," I, the Dark Sorcerer Lord of the mighty and powerful Sith, now command of this human, then speak no further. I await his response in absolute silence, aware only of the lessening pressure of my Daughter's grip upon my arm.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.84
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 03-17-2002 12:04 AM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik tried to gather his thoughts and the reasons for his actions in the most direct way that he could.

"I lost Shayla's signature through the Force. I thought she was dead, and the last images I got from her were of you, Graysith," here he looked to the violet-eyed woman with apology in his eyes, "And I thought you'd killed her.

I wanted to know the full story, so I headed for the Temple...I'm really oblivious as to how I got in, the doors have never opened for me before. I heightened my hearing to find you. When I did, and I couldn't get in, I continued listening."

Erik paused a moment, somehow managing to meet the molten gaze of the Sith Sorceror. "My eavesdropping was never intended to find out your secrets for anyone; I merely wanted to know what has happened to Shayla. I know now that she lives...

...but my methods of finding out were wrong. I was wrong. I guess I need to learn to trust as well."

With that Erik quieted, and waited for the Sith to reply.

[ 03-17-2002 12:06 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.38.43
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 03-17-2002 12:27 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Once again I find myself beating down the ancient dogs of battle, those rising within to slash and bite and tear in response to perceived threat. But after a moment's pause, I realize there is no threat here, and send the hounds packing.

That realization is bolstered by a further one: even if this one did intend harm, there still would be no threat here I could not easily contain at any time I chose. And upon the heels of that:

This is how the end always begins.

Standing upright, my clenched hands still hidden in my sleeves, I deign this one with a brief bow of my head. "It is for her sake that you may remain here with us; it is for the sake of my people that I no longer do so."
Now turning to my Chosen One, I reach out one finger and, leaning forward toward her, lightly trace her cheek with it.

"Perhaps the time may come when you can teach me more of this thing called 'trust,'" I murmur softly into her ear.

Then before either of them have the time to react, I reach out my hand and open a door in the All. Soon I am back at my ministrations, but when I gaze into the device there is something far, far different I see taunting me from its depths.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.84
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 03-17-2002 09:19 AM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik stared blankly at the spot where the Sith Sorceror had been standing.

Your preconceived notions will always be your downfall if you continue to believe them, some little voice persisted.

On the heels of that, he couldn't help but wonder, So where IS Shayla? And what happened that she is no longer here? When will she return?

Suddenly Erik wanted more than anything to hold her in his arms and let her know how he felt about her. But then again, that's the sort of thing a person does after they find out their lost love is not dead.

She wasn't dead. She was safe.

Returning his gaze to the violet-eyed woman, Graysith, Erik bowed his head a bit. "My apologizes for my...assumptions of you. I see that I have much to learn."

[ 03-17-2002 09:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.34.43
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 04-11-2002 02:49 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Like the treble-burst of waves upon a storm-wracked shore it slammed into my being; bypassing conscious thought and feeling until it incorporated itself into my very living essence. There it lay, a deeply burning ember from which radiated outward pools of icy dread. Unlike the manner in which such waves normally dissipate with distance from their source, the intensity of their glacial sussurations grew and grew with each millimeter they passed, until finally reaching the surface of that which makes me who I am they departed in a rush of graveyard's wind, leaving my entire body iced and sweating.

I staggered back, reaching a clawed hand out to the device I yet monitored, my other hand moving in unconscious rhythm to maintain my balance as I took a step backward, and then yet another, and yet one more. My eyes stared blankly into the depths before me where floated that upon which more than anyone realized now depended; I emitted a short grunt and snapped myself back to my senses.

Yet more treachery afoot, and that of a nature most dire.

Pursing my lips now in a grimace which only hinted at the rage now beginning to grow within me, I turn away from the device I have monitored so carefully and approach one other that I have brought back to this place. From an ancient and hoary time did this thing first come, hidden here in the interstices between space and time until discovered by She who I have chosen, and used to bring me to this place. Hurriedly removed when relieving a clone and his lackeys of a prize more cherished than they could imagine, this primary device had since been hidden away in our secondary fortress, then returned here to be at hand when its forces should be required in the upcoming Resurrection.

A Resurrection now threatened by the rash actions of one who I had thought to be an ally. A terrible ally for the power he holds... and therefore even more terrible of a foe he might be.

I could not repress the shiver that raced through me; the sweat pooled upon my skin, cooling its volcanic fires as I turned to the Great Crystal Octahedron to seek answers within its verdant depths. There I saw that which I feared I would: Maladius, stepping forth from the All, a special babe held between his clawed hands, holding her out to one in whom I sensed the existence of perhaps the greatest evil of all.

My Brother was brought to the edge of unseeing rage and heartbreak more blind at the news of the death of Rean. How would he react when this was revealed to him? Indeed, how would she react as well?

My claws sank into the flesh of my palms at the thought; this must be revealed, and at once. Strategies must be laid, and plans devised and set into motion. The Child must be brought safely back to Khar Delba...

...but oh, such a risk that entails.

One, two, and three long exhalations brought me under a semblance of control; my jaws clenched into the steel I now delivered into my being as I opened a door in the All and stepped forth to seek the Chosen One.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.48
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-11-2002 03:12 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith glided smoothly about the Great Dining Hall, a choice bit of haunch held between her fingers upon which she nibbled delicately every now and again. Behind her, hovering beside an over-laden table, stood Erik, who held a fruit in his own hand. While to all outward appearances he seemed to be calm and well-possessed of his senses, the fact that myriad questions burned within him could not escape the Chosen Daughter. She could clearly feel the heat of his gaze beating against her, sending her wafting here and there around the huge chamber in a seemingly random fashion.

Random though her movements might appear, the thoughts accompanying them were all but that. Uppermost in her mind was overwhelming concern for her Dark Heart: where had he gone? The fact that he had not reached out through the All to contact her only heightened her fears, as did the fact that try as she might he continued to remain totally elusive to her abilities. At this point she could only act in the manner she had not long ago challenged the Sith Sorcerer to act, and that was to simply trust in the abilities she knew Lord Roan had within him. Still, it was a difficult thing to achieve, so great was her love for him.

She came to a pause at the wall leading to Jinn's hidden chamber in the back of the room, debating whether or not she should utilize the computer's uncanny knack for discovery. Though the machine did not have use of the All as did she and Aelvedaar, and as she hoped her Adept now did to some extent, it still somehow managed to keep tabs on every event of importance in progress throughout the Galaxy. Her lips quirked in a slight smile at the thought; clone though he may have been, Darth Wicked had indeed proven his skill in designing this computer and its probes. She knew she could now trust the formerly recalcitrant cyber-being to perform as faithfully for her as it had for Wicked, and was just debating to herself the wisdom of revealing this preternatural machine to the inquisitive eyes of the young jedi behind her when there came a momentary ripple in the All.

She whirled in place, her hand still out-reached to trigger the wall into disclosing Jinn, her eyes wide and the color just preceding nightfall. The Glyph on her forehead ravened into life as Aelvedaar quietly stepped into the room and she saw the look on his face. For a strange reason she could not yet begin to fathom, one slim hand dropped to her rounded belly; whether that movement was meant as a protective measure or one of denial she herself didn't even know.

Frozen where she stood, her veins inexplicably icing, she remained silent, hoping against hope that her Sire was not bringing her the news she hated to hear yet somehow sensed was forthcoming. Erik remained equally frozen beside the table, his gaze leaping back and forth between the flame-haired woman and the equally flame-skinned Sith Lord.

[ 04-11-2002 03:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.181
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 04-12-2002 07:32 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Though Erik was doing a fairly good job of not looking like he was burning with questions, his cluttered brain would reveal otherwise to those able to observe it.

Where was Shayla? What had happened to the other Sith that had her teacher so on edge? What where they all standing around waiting for?

As the questions continued to waffle through Erik's brain, the Sith sorceror suddenly appeared, his gaze so full of concerns that Erik's own thoughts halted suddenly at the acknowledgement of that look. He shifted his gaze back to Graysith, whose own look darkened as her hand inexplicably slid to her stomach.

Something was amiss.

But what?

Continuing to look from the woman to the Sith sorceror for a few more moments, Erik's eyes at last rested on the red-skinned humanoid.

Something told him the tidings he had would be very unpleasant.

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.38.116
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 04-13-2002 01:02 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Far, far rather I rend my flesh from my body; far, far more would I delight in facing the Trial my Brother had faced... many were the tasks I would much desire to set myself to than the terrible one now at hand.

As I stepped forth into the room, two sets of eyes affixed themselves to my person: one set wide with curiosity and a modicum of rising concern, the other flashing into darkness as their owner read what she did in my face. I pursed my lips and continued toward my Chosen One in one fluid motion; this unpleasant revelation would be best presented in as swift and objective a manner as possible. Any other means would only be cruel; how I wished it was left to my vanished Brother to carry this news to his love, but he remained as elusive to me as I knew he did to Graysith.

Without hesitation, I moved to my Daughter, reaching out to gently remove her one hand from her stomach and cup it in my clawed one. The other hand reached out in turn, seeking her face and there to trace a pattern of sorrow upon her cheek. I stared her directly in the eye, unflinching; then spoke up in a quiet voice.

"My Chosen One... the Child is gone."

Although I had clearly seen the shadows of an almost preternatural foreknowledge filling her features even as I first stepped into view, she still staggered back a small step. One slim hand struggled to remove itself from my grasp; I only tightened my grip upon it.

"No, my sweet," I whispered softly. "You do not bear your daughter within you. With too many eyes and ears casting themselves in our direction, she had to be hidden in an even more protected place than the confines of your body. Your pregnancy has been a false one, and for some time."

Now I allowed her questing hand to drop to the bulge of her abdomen, where I covered it with my own. I closed my eyes briefly, and the swelling dissipated beneath our touch. In moments she was lithe and lean again, all indication that she had borne another being within her completely eradicated from her slender frame.

I felt her one hand ice in mine, felt the waves of tremors beginning to race through her. Her mouth opened; now my clawed hand pressed lightly against her cold lips to stop the words before they even begin to fall. Well did I know what she was about to say.

"Your Child had been placed in the body of your sister; many there were to protect her for the sake of who they thought was her own youngling. And a simple task it would have been for us to take her back once she had been safely brought into the world."

"But the All--" she broke into my explanation in a wavering whisper. I shushed her again, bidding her quiet.

"Too dangerous to have both you and the Babe together, my one." The reply was utterly simplistic in its logic. "We thought this way..."

Now it was my turn to break off beneath an onrush of heated guilt, guilt I immediately put to rest albeit with the greatest of efforts. I struggled with this for the barest of moments, then continued.

"We were betrayed."

Ahhh... there. The spark, the flash of rising anger, fresh and stark. It was good to see it beginning to swell in her, good to feel the flesh of her face suddenly flooding with its heat. The Glyph and her eyes blazed in syncopation; at length I removed my hand from her mouth for I knew she needed to say the words as well as she needed a truthful answer to them.

"Who--?"

I pinned her eyes with mine. "Maladius."

The mere word was enough; it was like bile upon my tongue, harsh and biting. But if the name was distasteful to me to speak, it was nothing in comparison to that which it prompted in her. Her eyes blazed into me, filled with hurt and betrayal, rage and a deeply-seated need for revenge. Some of the hatred was directed at herself; opening my eyes I clearly watched her scroll back recent events to where her Dark Heart had handed the demon into her hands... and she had allowed him to live.

But-- that Look continued in death's whisper. He allowed him to live as well, even when he had failed in his task and had come limping back to us. He, in fact, had brought this demon into our presence to begin with....

Now I watched as her eyes widened further, clearly reading her wonder at just who and what this Maladius was, and what relationship he indeed truly had with her Lord...

...and what possible impact this event had on her feelings toward her Lord and love. Who so suddenly had just disappeared.

All in a flash greater than the explosive winds given off in star-birth. All with a rapidity to overtake the elusive green flash said to be seen on the horizon at sunset. All immediately masked beneath an iced demeanor of utter calm, utter determination, and I watched her features ripple as she made some sort of silent vow to herself.

I studied her carefully for a long moment, part of me finding the surprising ability to smile inwardly at her strength. How wrong I had been in thinking this would crush her; what little credit did I give to her, and to myself for that matter for choosing her as I did. Then I pushed that errant little thought aside and cocked my head thoughtfully. Although I had much more to say, I knew it was her turn to speak, and so still maintaining physical contact with her I waited.

[ 04-13-2002 01:06 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.102.181
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-14-2002 08:46 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith fisted her hands at her sides; that and the steadily strengthening intensity of the Glyph being the only indicators of the turmoil raking her heart and her soul. She remained stock still, looking inward, seeming to ignore the opening given to her by Aelvedaar into which she could now step; indeed, the Sith Sorcerer seemed to sense a need for talk that was actually and entirely unbeknownst to her. She only remained silent, sifting through past events and feelings, voicelessly weighing one against the other as though seeking an answer only she could find, and at that, find alone.

It did not lay within her abilities.

Drawing in a deep and fortifying breath, her violet gaze now turned outward once again, taking in the quietly forboding form of Aelvedaar, who yet remained silent waiting for her to reply. She was not to oblige the Sith Sorcerer, however. Quite suddenly her eyes crystallized into amethyst, and she tossed her hair from her face. Nodding once to no one in particular, she suddenly reached out one slim hand and, opening a door in the All, stepped through it and disappeared from the startled view of Erik and Aelvedaar.

The problem was placed before her, but the answers were not to be found on Khar Delba....

((OOC: follow Graysith back into "Lurker in Another Realm" thread in the Complete SW Universe forum, thank you.))

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.37
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 04-18-2002 12:14 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My eyes closed almost of their own volition at the sudden departure of my Chosen One. It was not due to surprise at her leaving however; it was due to the waves of pain that now came flashing into my body with the impact of feeling she had bombarded me with ere she left:

She, who spoke to me of trust, was a the moment trusting me no longer.

I stood in silent anguish, seeing upon my inner lids but one of the myriad scenarios of the future that could unfold for us. There in mocking imagery, played over and over again, was a replay of all that I and my ancestors had worked so diligently to achieve, and with such secrecy, being suddenly and viciously truncated upon the very eve of its triumph. The despairing cries of the Sith thundered in my being, bewailing me, accusing me, fearing not that they had faced death, but that it would be eternal.

I would not, could not, be the cause of that damnation. My eyes shot open now as, reaching out with the All I sought to discover where Graysith had disappeared. Young to its mysteries though she might be, she had developed enough finesse to hide her presence from me in this regard. I couldn't help the small nod of approval coming to me at this discovery; Very well then, Daughter, I thought to myself as I now moved to the back of the Great Dining Hall. There are other means of determining your actions.

One clawed hand reached out to grace the wall which obediently slid open to reveal the warbling Jinn. The computer pricked up its cybernetic ears at the prospect of being put to use once again; is that indeed not the basic wish all sentient beings carried? Keenly aware of the probing and intelligent pair of eyes which were following my movements, I gave the young jedi no heed but went to the primary data input lens and spoke a quiet command.

"Jinn, seek Graysith," I said simply. I then turned to the young man who remained hovering curiously close behind me.

"It is time I follow the wishes of my Chosen One," I said to him in a somber tone of voice. "I can think of no better way than by placing my trust voluntarily in you. Come. There is something you must see."

I held out a clawed hand to the young man and waited expectantly, all the while opening a door in the All to yet another place....

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.176
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 04-18-2002 05:25 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Things were moving so quickly and with such unexpectedness that Erik no longer knew quite how to react.

An unborn baby, placed inside the body of another?

An evil being who betrayed those who were, in many people's eyes, viewed as evil themselves?

Perhaps they were truly only evil to an extent. And truly, isn't that the very essence of life?

The sudden spark of understanding almost caused Erik to completely miss the Sorceror's request. But, intrigued by what the Sith might have to reveal to him, Erik managed to bring himself to awareness yet again and followed the other's lead...

[ 04-18-2002 05:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.32.150

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05