my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » The Dark Lord Cometh (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Dark Lord Cometh
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 02-08-2002 11:45 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dark Lord Roan, who had decided to take out his frustrations in training, was working hard in the throne room. He had stripped down to a small zill'ma, a sith workout short that covered only that which was necessary. His muscles strained and sweat ran as he tested the limits of his new found abilities. Maladius sat recuperating in a corner watching his master tumble and jump. Roan's lightsaber sliced the air menacingly as he put himself through his paces. Today he thought would be the day he approached Eric. Shayla, it would seem, needed someone to be of assistance in matters put to her. Who better to assist her than the one she cared for?

He felt his Dark Heart's presence approaching and he knew what weighed on her heart. The Dark Lord stopped, extinguishing his blade and waited for her familiar footsteps to bring her swiftly to him. He didn't have to wait long before those beautiful violet eyes came into view.

"Do not be troubled my love." Roan said the words in the softest and most loving of tones. He cast his eyes down to her swelling stomach as he placed his hand lovingly on her there. He knelt down, placing a kiss in the middle of the swell.

"The time grows closer, my Chosen One. Put your mind at ease. As long as Shayla remains as an observer at all costs, she will remain safe." He finished all he could say, for now all was well. He slowly moved his palm, carressing her stomach and began to whisper an ancient Sith lullaby.

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.197.209
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-10-2002 01:36 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The muscles of the great tuk'ata moved in a rolling and rhythmic motion, his sleek hide glistening in the the dapples of sunlight that managed to drip down into the understory of the Khar Delban jungle. Graysith hunkered more closely to his moving form, ducking to avoid the slap of yet another low-hanging vine as her Blood-Hunt Companion bore her swiftly upon his back deeper and deeper into the mysterious depths before them. Somewhere off to their side, an occasional rustle marked the insidious presence of Nikk who, ever faithful, shadowed her, determined to defend her from whatever dangers she might be encountering along her wild ride. Graysith smiled as she noted him there, knowing full well that there was probably not much that could actually be of a threat to her... at least not here within the Khar Delban jungle.

Elsewhere, however, there was another. No matter what assurances Lord Roan spoke of, she still held her doubts. A user of the All, one who had NOT come to meet them openly at the temple, was by just those circumstances alone one to be seen as a threat to them, and very possibly a dangerous one at that. She knew her love was the Dark Lord of the Warrior clan of the Sith, and that he was very strong and powerful in his own right, and that Aelvedaar held within his grasp the pinnacle of Sith Sorcery. But there was something about this unknown one which bothered her, and put her on alert. She would not rest easy until he either was joined with them...

Or dead.

Before her now, the Khar Delban jungle lightened, and at length opened to reveal a wondrous landscape spread out as though for her personal perusal. As they had loped along, the ground had bit by bit sloped upward, increasing in elevation by several hundred feet from that upon which the Temple had been built. Before her now kilometer after kilometer of canopy spread its luscious greenery, limned far in the distance by a thin border of white that glittered glacially in the bright sunlight. She sat unmoving upon the quiet M'wonBo'o, who only seemed to regard the view in front of them in a pensive frame of mind.

Graysith reached forward to pat him lovingly... and paused, her hand hanging over his neck in mid-stroke. The Link she constantly maintained with her Adept sprang into life, and she cocked her head to one side, a frown now darkening her features as she considered what was being spoken so very far away. Her hand trembled just a bit before she finally laid it quietly upon her tuk'ata's neck.

Knowing full well that Dark Lord Roan was equally aware of events which were proceeding on Sullust, she remained where she was, seated upon the broad back of M'wonBo'o, staring unseeing now over the panorama before them. Her hand gripped his neck, clenching unconsciously there; his low whine of consternation brought her to her senses. She allowed her expression to soften, and patted him once more, aware of the instant presence of Nikk who likewise had sensed her discomfiture.

"As with all things, we continue to wait, my friends," she whispered softly. Then she closed her eyes and proceeded to do precisely that, the cool breeze coming from the jungle behind her lifting her hair in a flaming nimbus about her slight frame.

[ 02-10-2002 01:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.183
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 02-10-2002 01:39 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Wiping his hands on the pockets of his somewhat soiled jumpsuit, Erik surveyed his work on the fuel line of the Relentless. Reaching over a moment to tweak one small button, he grinned pridefully at the work.

Yep. The Chief would like this one. Faster efficiency, better fuel consumption rates....

The Chief? How long had it been since he'd thought of her as that?

Not since before...

...before she disappeared...

Sighing, he took a seat at the navboard of the ship, idling eyeing the controls while his mind spun elsewhere.

Absence indeed makes the heart grow fonder. Only now, when she was away, could he truly see how much of the old Shayla truly still existed. As well as how much of the old Shayla that was no longer.

She was always one to stay to herself, to do things her way and on her terms before ever trusting another soul...that is, aside from those she was closest to. In this, she was the still same. However, old Shayla, though she drew inward for the tasks she faced, never really even trusted herself. Never thought she could do the job fully, always saw something that needed to be fixed. Though some of this Shayla was indeed still there, a large amount of her had been wiped away.

Had she received this newfound confidence as a result of what she had learned here? Was it something she had gained on her journey from the Praxeum to something that, at least to her, was far greater?

Once again returning to his work aboard the ship, Erik pondered these things in his heart, hoping that someday he would be given the chance to understand.

And how very truly did he WANT to understand...

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.38.87
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 02-10-2002 03:32 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I turn from my ministrations with the magickal device I have been attending to so acutely, keenly aware of the growing concerns of She who I have chosen across the immensity of space and time. A frown creases my features, sending my molten eyes into a contrasting eruption of brilliant flame as I easily follow the Link she has opened to the headwaters of that consternation. For a moment I remain unmoving, reading events which not only are occurring there but already have done so; then with a shake of my horned head I open another link into the mind of my Brother.

I find him fencing unseen demons, his rippling muscles dripping sweat from his exertions. Dark Warrior that he is, I find he devotes too much time to physical activities, and less than he ought to in developing his strategies and mental acuity. Not that he is feeble-minded; far from it, I have found him to be formidable in this regard. But still the mind must be exercised as is the body, in order to keep it honed to exquisite sharpness. I must speak with him of this matter.

But now is not the time.

"You are aware of this, my Brother," I send the private message quietly into that mind. "Events are proceeding in a manner which brings concern to me. This One is but Adept, who, though showing potential, has not even begun to use the barest minimum of the All, and who hasn't a glimmering of an idea about the Entirety involved here so as to know what approach will serve it best. She has interfered without necessary data; operating too greatly from the standpoint of her prior livelihood. She is too open to He who is against us, and lacks stealth and slyness. Though your Dark Heart has sent her to attend to matters, she should be aware of her own limitations, and should be observing only, by her own restrictions.

"My Brother, I feel your Love is too close to this One to see the path before her with clarity; do you desire that I intervene at this time? For all must proceed as preordained."

Now I reach out to adjust a control, a portion of my own mind addressing the device and its workings as it quietly hums in front of me. Fixing my gaze upon it, I quietly await my Dark Brother's reply.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.183
Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 02-13-2002 11:44 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dark Lord Roan stood momentarily listening to his brother's words. He did not wish to frighten the prey but he could read that they were already skittish and ready to run. All could be lost and at the hands of an adept who could not stop betraying those she claimed to follow. He could in no way endanger the events that were quickly comming to a climax but he could not stand by and allow Shayla to continue her betrayal.

A Force blast of searing hot rage surged through the all as Roan's anger could no longer be held back. His eyes turned from their normal tranquil turquise to blood red. Every muscle seethed and there was no one who would dare to hold him back.

The flames of the All danced with delight as their Master called them to action. The Dark Lord extinguished his lightsaber, placing it off to the side. He first reached out to Graysith, demanding that she drop the protective shielding she had placed around the ship. She had no choice but to obey him. Once the shielding had been dropped he thrust his arm into the flames. It was mere seconds before his claws gripped around the soft flesh of Shayla's throat. It was all he could do to not place that hairs breath of pressure needed to crush her throat. Roan, with a single motion, pulled his arm back through the flames bringing a startled Shayla, feet dangling in his grasp. The flames extinguished before the Jedi, still in the ship, could react.

Dark Lord Roan held her inches from his face, still holding back from a quick death for the adept. His teeth were clenched, his lips curled, and his breath came hot. "You have threatened to destroy everything. I will no longer stand by watching your ignorance; now you will pay!"

Roan strode toward the doorway where another wall of flame awaited. Shayla's muscles jerked and spasimed. Her lips turned a tint of blue as he held her inches above the floor, cutting off her oxygen supply. The Sith Lord stepped through the wall to appear before an awaiting Graysith.

"She is yours to dispense of, my Dark Heart. Destroy her as you see fit."

Without speaking another word he threw the strangling Shayla at the feet of the tukata, who his love was still sitting upon in stunned silence.

[ 02-14-2002 04:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Dark Lord Roan ]

--------------------

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.195.204
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-14-2002 07:04 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The blood in Graysith's veins iced. She sat upon M'won'Bo'o in a silence that was not quite completely shocked for the abruptness of her Dark Heart's imperious act, moving just a bit to one side as the great tuk'ata shifted beneath her to lay a fleet and imposing paw directly across Shayla's torso. His ten-inch claws encompassed her slight body and pinned it to the ground, unmoving despite the trembling blood lust that was rapidly welling up inside him. In complete syncopation with that lightning fast paw, a lithe Nikk melted from his spot to place his spearpoint at the adept's throat. Both companions then stood still as statues, their eyes pinned to Shayla but their ears on Graysith, waiting to act upon the order of their Mistress.

The responses of her two bodyguards went utterly unnoticed. All Graysith had eyes for was the trembling form of Shayla, who had the good sense to remain equally quiet on the ground before her. For a long moment the Chosen Daughter regarded the blood upon the young woman's throat where Roan's claws had grasped her; then she lifted her luminous eyes directly into the Dark Lord's enflamed pair.

An eternity passed in which she looked at Roan as if he were something completely alien to her.

But he is, Jharmeen.... From somewhere very, very far away, a dim little voice spoke up to be heard. He is, you know. Whatever in the galaxy are you doing, Jharmeen?

Then, from another place but one closer to her reality, the Beast within rose up. Uttering a decisive snarl, it reached out a massive internal paw, and slammed it down upon the little voice. It disappeared beneath that bulk as though being closed off by the shutting of a door, and did not reawaken. Graysith shook her head, focusing once more as that voice dimmed. It was gone before she really had the opportunity to recognize, let alone acquiesce, to it.

Tears threatened to flood her eyes; with great effort she held them at bay and slid smoothly from M'wonBo'o's broad back. Keenly aware of every nuance surrounding her: the crunch of rocky soil beneath her feet, the quickening breeze coming from the jungle's depths, the hot panting of the tuk'ata and Nikk's eager intake of breath, and the yet unmoving form of Shayla; aware of this all but most of all aware of the heated emotion roiling in the breast of Lord Roan, she moved quietly up to him. Her slim hand trembled once; then she firmed it, and laid it and it's companion on his muscled and yet naked chest. The words she spoke seemed but mere playthings compared to the look she now poured into his eyes.

"My Lord," she began humbly. "The anger within you is great, and no one more than I knows it is justified. I too knew of what events were transpiring, yet I did not come to you. Instead, I remained here waiting to see what fruits they would bring... and this is one too bitter for your Dark Heart to partake of."

Now she let the barest hint of tears come into her violet eyes as slowly, with all the deference to him that she could muster, she lowered herself to her knees in front of him. He hands lay upon his chest; it was all she could do to refrain from clenching them into fists.

"The anger in you is great, I can feel it," she continued, repeating herself. "But I know there is a balancing love in you as well. It is to that balancing part of you that I now direct this plea:

"Show the compassion I know is within you, My Lord. Do not force your Dark Heart to make this choice you have placed before her."

Remaining on her knees, Graysith then lowered her lids, and lowered her face before Lord Roan. She did not have to speak any further to elucidate what choice it was of which she spoke, for she knew with utter certainty he was well aware of exactly what she meant.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.106.41
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 02-14-2002 06:04 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As if in a hideous nightmare, everything Shayla hoped to accomplish, both in the present in the future, was shattered and torn from the very foundation upon which it was placed.

She would die.

Betrayal? She had not intended to betray. She had a plan, one which was only that of an Adept's, but she HAD a plan. A plan which would no longer be.

She would die.

One moment at the side of her Sister, the next at the mercy of her sister's Dark Heart. An Adept for no one. She had not been chosen. And now everything would soon be over. Time stood still as the very fabric of her existence in one universe or the next dangled by a very slowly thinning thread of hope in anything.

She would die...

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.34.65
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-15-2002 07:25 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Her head still bowed, her hands slowly sliding down to rest lightly upon the defined hips of Lord Roan, Graysith waited still for his reply. Yet while she remained frozen in an attitude of complete and utter compliance that came close to the shadowy line of subservience, while her every outward appearance revealed her as nothing more than a vessel ready to be filled with her Dark Heart's desire...

...deeply within her, another little part was slowly coming awake yet again.

Unable to make itself consciously known at first, the little voice began to niggle and squirm. It sent vague feelings flowing from some deep wellspring; it prodded and provoked from within the overwhelming tide of dull despair which otherwise filled her being. And finally, it succeeded, and a single thought, almost non sequiteur to the moment, popped into her head.

He did not allow Shayla opportunity to explain herself.

A single tremor raced through Graysith, and one hand clenched against her Dark Heart's side. If he noticed it, he gave no indication, but stood there glaring and indomitable.

Silent, knowing in her heart of hearts that no matter what words Lord Roan would speak she would still have to make a decision, she waited. And even so, she already knew what that decision would be....

[ 02-15-2002 11:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.101.161
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 02-16-2002 02:03 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Painfully aware of the spearpoint at her throat, Shayla at last heaved a very breath of relief to jumpstart her oxygen-deprived system. Though this in turn brought the spearpoint even closer to her neck, Shayla was suddenly becoming aware of something peculiar.

She wasn't dead yet.

Why did he wait? What was going on? Was that conversation she had heard...? Who...?

Then, the answers came as a jolt of pain resulting from the burns of the Sith fire wracked her body.

"She is yours to dispense of, my Dark Heart. Destroy her as you see fit."

Unconsciously, Shayla closed her eyes. While she was still reeling from the lack of oxygen, she was even more so reeling from the reality of what Lord Roan was asking.

As well as WHO he was asking to complete the task.

With an amazing amount of certainty for one in such pain and in such peril, one thing was crystal clear to Shayla.

She must leave her fate in the hands of her Sister and her Dark Heart. Perhaps yet someone would understand what her true intentions had been. If only she had made her plan clearer...

...Betrayal? She had only wanted to keep her plan under wraps so the Jedi Master would not know them. She should have known that her actions were far too risky; she should have known that she wasn't ready for the task at hand.

She wasn't ready. She was a failure. Again. One more time, she had dropped the ball.

But she had wanted to succeed. She had tried her very best...

...If only...

Quietly yet tensely, Shayla awaited her fate, keenly aware of the lull in action, as well as of the raging emotions battling in the silence...

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.38.133
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-16-2002 06:00 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Another day, so long ago, flashed into the forefront of her thoughts. It was the day on Khar Delba, so long ago, that day in which she had spent yet another agonizing eternity waiting for her love's reply, believing all lost, waiting as he then as now refused to speak but let an eternity yawn between them....

Quite suddenly she was filled with anger; it didn't matter that on that day he had finally spoken, declaring his love, turning her universe from the depths of despair to the heights of soaring ecstasy. It didn't matter that in all probability he would do so again, backing down in deference of the great love he held for her. It didn't matter that she recognized that love, and returned it with one of her own that just might even be greater.

What mattered was the simple fact that he was doing this to her again... only this time it wasn't at her own expense. The life of another hung in the balance... the life of one she quite suddenly realized she truly had grown to love as a sister, and would therefore die for herself.

And she wasn't about to play his game any longer.

With the greatest effort she had yet to expend, she managed to keep the Glyph on her forehead masked in silence. Since her eyes were still humbly aimed to the ground, he could not see the flare of pure rage which came into them. Slowly, trembling with barely restrained emotion, she uncoiled the one clenched fist; even more slowly, she brought herself under iron control and when she was certain not one speck of her anger was showing, raised her head to meet his gaze and rose to her feet.

For along moment she let herself drown in his still-enflamed turquoise eyes, silently begging them to calm. They only seemed to glare even more; drawing herself regally upright she nodded her head.

"So be it, my Lord."

Bowing once more in deference, she then turned and waved off M'wonBo'o and Nikk. Both guardians snorted their disappointment, but were too loyal to her to argue. Their own eyes now glaring, they backed off a few paces where they came to a trembling halt, waiting.

Graysith ignored the nuance dripping off the tuk'ata and the Noghri. She only had eyes for her Lord. "But," she continued smoothly. "This is something that I do myself. I do not wash my hands in such a manner as to let my minions do the unsightly deed in my stead."

Now she turned away from him and approached Shayla, who had drawn herself into a sitting position. A look of terror began to cross her face, and her Teacher didn't let it remain there long. One step... two... another, and yet another, and she was soon standing directly in front of her young Adept, her face completely expressionless, looking down upon her, keenly aware of the waves of heated silence which beat onto her back from behind her. M'wonBo'o whined eagerly, and Nikk tightened his grip on his spear as slowly, inexorably, the Chosen Daughter raised her right hand....

...and in one slight but omnipotent motion, created a chronotic field about both herself and her Adept. In less than a nanosecond, both she and the young woman were gone.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.186
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-16-2002 06:11 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It was as though all of Creation just blinked.

One moment she was there, standing over her frightened young Adept. The next, gone. And then... she was back in the absolutely identical position she had just vacated.

To an unschooled eye it would have seemed as though the Chosen Daughter had merely caused her Adept to disappear from her current reality, snatched from the cold ground of Khar Delba and sent off into the Elseness once again. Graysith knew her Lord was filled with a rage so great as to mar his otherwise impeccable vision; she knew with a 99.9999 percent probability that he thought that was perhaps what she had in fact done.

Though Dark Warrior Lord of the Sith he might be, his Brother Aelvedaar was the Dark Sorcerer Lord. More than master of spacetime manipulation, he had taught his Chosen One well....

Lord Roan cocked his head a bit to one side as she moved back up to stand before him. Refusing to so much as bow her head, she pinned his eyes with an almost insouciant stare. One nostril flared, and her lip curled as she finally spoke. Her voice was soft and low, but there could be no mistake:

Something, perhaps infinitesimal in size, but something nevertheless... something which had been found had just been lost between them.

"I have disposed of her at your request, my Lord," she all but sneered. Then she turned on her heel and strode swiftly to where M'wonBo'o still stood in a fog of confusion. Despite the gentle swell of her belly, she leapt aboard his broad back.

Before the Dark Warrior Lord could even call out her name, she kicked the tuk'ata into vicious movement... and they disappeared into the leafy green depths of the darkening jungle.

[ 02-16-2002 06:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.186
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-16-2002 07:06 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Follow Shayla into "A Wrinkle in Time" thread in the Complete SW Universe forum. Thank you.))

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.158
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-17-2002 01:22 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith sat beside the little pool hidden deeply away in the jungle, staring dully into its cool mysterious depths. All about her the jungle darkened as the planet's primary, hidden by the lush canopy above her, inched closer and closer to the horizon. A concerned M'wonBo'o, laying supine at her side, whined yet again, and tightened the tendril he had twined about her leg.

All went unnoticed, so deep was the grief that now flooded her. It arrowed into her very being, piercing something, wending its way through memories she now found herself questioning, coming at last to that deeply guarded inner door. With the strength of righteous anger and justifiable hatred, it pounded heatedly upon it, in utter disregard of the Beast who yowled and yammered within... and who, with a final mutter and growl, backed off at last just enough to let that door peep open before her inner eye.

She gasped to see what secrets it held within, and leapt to her feet. Her slim fists clenched at her sides, trembling with barely controlled emotion. M'wonBo'o too was immediately on his feet; his face tendril almost cut the circulation off to her lower leg, it tightened so much about her. "Mistress..." the question came into her mind, wafted along on a dark cloud of worry.

She ignored him, consciously able at last to reach deep within and yank that little door until it yawned completely open. Abruptly, as images long repressed finally came into her conscious thought, she staggered; pain deepened the grief she felt, and the Glyph burst into a finale of radiant glory. Then it settled back to near obsolescence, as she slowly sank to her knees. Great racking sobs tore at her, wetting the hair that hung down before her; her blood fairly boiled from the heat of emotions finally discovered and finally let go. And when her sobs finally lessened to a degree where she could turn her attentions to them, to scrutinize and analyze them in their entirety, she found not much to her surprise that the one of them most overwhelming was shame.

She knew before she heard the sound of approaching booted feet. Sniffing, she turned her eyes to the little pool, which despite the waning light managed to clearly reflect the tall and imposing image of Aelvedaar coming up behind her. Still on her hands and knees, she remained silent, waiting for the words she knew were coming.

She didn't have to wait long.

"Your life will be forfeit for what you have done."

Then, to her utter surprise, the Dark Sorcerer Lord didn't fade back to his magickal devices, but grew silent and remained where he was, obviously waiting to hear her reply.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.37
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 02-17-2002 01:53 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A grim look mars my expression, as I watch the events which are occurring on Khar Delba. Too much appears to be heading too quickly along a tangent I had not forseen. Though the fact is good that my Dark Brother has come forth to unite with us, his tendency toward action and not thoroughly thinking things through has now led to this:

She who I have chosen, has made a choice of her own.

For a moment I let the inrushing stab of sorrow completely overwhelm me, and relish the pain it carries into my being. This too is good, and can only be of use in the long term. Then I turn from that which has kept my full attention up until this moment, and shake my head in disappointment.

She had been warned. It was not her choice to make. And now another will know... and there can be only one Chosen Daughter of the Sith. The One of my choosing, the One I have foreseen and thus long-studied. The One who has fulfilled her obligations to us already... and the One whose life now hangs so direly in the balance for the sheer impertinence of her error.

I let grimness flood my being once more, washing away the sorrow, letting my eyes grow volcanic and my entire demeanor turn into steel. Fortified thus, I wave a clawed hand, and step through the wrinkles in the fabric of spacetime to where my Chosen One remains sobbing on her knees. Slowly I approach her from behind, aware that she knows of my presence there.

"Your life will be forfeit for what you have done."

I fold my hands into the sleeves of my robe, and quietly await a response. Long moments pass in which the only thing to alter the solitude is the gradual waning of light, and the occasional whines of the tuk'ata she calls her Blood-Hunt Companion. At length I break the silence again, letting the keen edge of anger come through with my next words.

"Who are you, to make this choice as you have done?"

Then I fall into silence, and once again wait. It is all I can do to keep my claws from ripping into her flesh as she cowers on her knees in front of me.

[ 02-17-2002 01:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.37
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-17-2002 02:33 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The last words spoken came harshly into Graysith's ears. She blinked the tears from her eyes, utterly shocked that they had actually been spoken to her, especially directly on the heels of her apparent sentence of death. Her mouth worked in mute disbelief as those words seeped slowly but with insidious insistence, deeper and deeper into her brain. At last they came to a halt at the very threshold of that gaping inner door, and lay before it, taunting.

The Glyph flared into life once again, its fantastic energies now drawing her to her feet practically unbeknownst to her. Her hands clenched once again into fists as, enwrapped within a blanket of the greatest anger she had ever felt in her entire life, she whirled on the one she had not long ago lovingly called her Sire. Her violet eyes sent daggers shooting into his molten pair, and her lip curled in affronted disgust.

"Who am I?" she began in a heated whisper that rapidly escalated in strength, growing louder and louder with each word she uttered. "Who am I...?!

"Who are YOU to do this to me, to send this burden to me, to choose me of all the sentients in that which we call Reality?

"Who are YOU to so casually crush my former existence from me, to emplace this so-called 'destiny' within me, to hide all knowledge of the fact...?!

"WHO ARE YOU TO HAVE MADE ME KILL MY OWN FATHER?!?"

Trembling, she had the effrontery to take a step toward him. It did not matter that he was the Dark Lord of the Sorcerer's Clan of the ancient and powerful Sith. It did not matter that she, strangely enough, yet felt a sort of love for him, and that a part of her still called him Sire. All that mattered was the one horrific image that played itself out in her mind, over and over, taunting and laughing for the indomitable knowledge which it carried that told her there was absolutely nothing... NOTHING... she could ever have done to prevent this from happening.

Coming to a halt in front of him, she began ripping and clawing at him, reaching up to strike him with all the strength she possessed. It was but short work for the Sith Lord to grasp her by both wrists; he did so with offhanded ease, and held them in a grip of steel.

Now racking sobs tore through Graysith once more, and she used the only weapon she had at her disposal. Words. Mere words. Sobbing and hiccupping, she went on, each word limned in the fires of pain held in for far too long. But words now escaping her tear-stained lips in the merest of whispers.

"Who are you to turn me into this 'Graysith' who I now have become? I am not her... I am Jharmeen Jhin'Darr... Jharmeen...."

With that her head fell forward, and she at last lost herself to a dull silence that was broken only by her occasional hiccup. At that moment, the touch of Death would have been a welcomed one.

[ 02-17-2002 02:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.37
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 02-17-2002 03:27 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Those last despairing words uttered by She Who I Have Chosen, my daughter, the One to bring my world back into the glorious life it deserves; those last despairing words were what finally broke through my anger, and began to soothe the heated fires within me with cooling jets of pity. Slowly I loosened my grip on her wrists; she stood in mute silence, her eyes faraway and unseeing, swaying, but remarkably still on her feet. In the background I watch as her tuk'ata whines uncertainly, as though wondering if he should rush me or not. I send a brief thought into his feeble brain, and he quietly lays down once again.

One clawed hand now removes itself from her wrist, and gently takes her by the chin. More and more I find my being filling with the gentler emotions; perhaps it was good that she fled the warrior's heart of my Brother as she had done. It is still a mystery to me what he would have done to her, although I don't think that even in the greatest of anger he could ever bring himself to destroying her.

As I now find myself unwilling to do as well. For quite suddenly I see my earlier words as being ones to merely rebound from something only superficially apparent. Perhaps it is time to begin actually trusting the One I have been claiming all along to do so.

I grip her chin a bit harder, jerking her face up to mine, pinning her eyes with my own. Slowly the lids lift from her violet pair, and she manages to look me straight in the face. I draw in a great breath.

"You are no longer Jhar'meen; this you must understand, my Daughter," I begin, struggling to soften the tone of my voice. It is a difficult feat to accomplish; even I, with all my knowledge of the All, am hard-pressed to switch from one heated emotion directly into another, even when it is all for the Greater Good. I purse my lips, striving to make her understand. I know this comes to her with great difficulty.

"Though given that name, and that small reality upon your birth, the fact of your true existence was preordained four thousand years ago. And in that reality, you never were Jharmeen. Not truly."

Now I reach into her mind, and see all that troubles her. I shake my head; it is a wonder she has not gone totally insane with this. I press on.

"You know of the All, of that which I have taught you. You know what it entails, that it is the very fabric of all that is. You know its weavings tell the story of reality even as it unravels. You know that for its sake, one must act as one must, and do what one ought to, all for the Greater Good, no matter how unappealing that action may momentarily appear to be."

I pause a moment, softening yet more. The merest of smiles comes to my lips as I see a dawning awareness grow in her eyes. My grip on her chin gentles further, and in a small movement I spread my fingers up alongside her cheek. The grip by that small movement transforms into a caress.

"My Chosen One," I now breath in a low voice, one filling of a sudden with something akin to wonder of my own, as a thought I have been repressing myself suddenly pops into my head. I dismiss it for the moment, and continue.

"What I had to do, I had to do for the sake of an entire civilization. An entire civilization. In the face of that, the life of one sentient, given to set his youngling on the road to her own unique destiny, is inconsequential. No matter who you thought you were, or him to be, or what you felt."

Now I grip her a bit more strongly. "You were the only one of all those I hunted, who had that ability to join Dark with Light. To love truly a Dark One, with no restrictions or conditions. All others fell short in one way or another; by the very makeup of your body and heart and soul, you ARE Graysith, the Chosen Daughter.

"This was... IS your destiny, OUR destiny. One which cannot be denied. Or else the Dark Side which over-ran my world would truly find the beginnings of a foothold yet again, and rise once more to threaten not only YOUR universe, but that of the Sith as well.

"Can you now see the great inherent risk you have set into motion by your one action with this Shayla? Not even the barest glimmering of this can be allowed beyond our hold. If that should occur.... Can you truly find it within you to bring about the death of an entire peoples, one who did not deserve to die? Can you really find it in you the ability to prevent their awakening to that which is due to them? I think not...

"...as I can not truly find it within myself to bring about the death of the One upon which so much depends."

[ 02-17-2002 03:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.21
Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 02-17-2002 04:14 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dark Lord Roan entered the clearing where his brother and his love stood. He could see the great pain he had brought to her and knew he must speak to her. He took a step forward as his brothers words pierced his very soul.

NO! I will take her place should one need to be distroyed!! It was I, my anger that caused her actions therefore it is I that must pay. The sith lord began to make his way toward the two only to stop dead in his tracks. They stood as lovers; his brother carressing her, she responding. His lips close to her own as he spoke softly to her.

All the blood ran from him as he stood frozen in time watching the events unfold. He knew they had loved each other once but her love for him..... Roan could not move as he watched his world began to crumble.

--------------------

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.2.244.33
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-17-2002 05:13 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jharmeen Jhin'Darr, aka "Graysith," stood in utter silence, finally quieted enough to completely absorb the words Aelvedaar was speaking to her along with their every hidden nuance and insinuation. Her mouth dropped open the merest bit as those words presented themselves to her, each and every one a tiny and quite singular hammer to smash the protests that attempted to rise, one by one, within her. Her mouth worked soundlessly as realization turned to understanding....

And most importantly, into acceptance.

Her lids closed over her eyes, and she trembled slightly; then, as if to hold at bay any other feeling or thought, her one hand raised up to lay lightly atop Aelvedaar's. Slowly, she leaned her head into that clawed hand, holding it with her own tightly against her cheek.

She knew why she had been Chosen; indeed it was as the Sith Lord had revealed to her. But further yet, another stunning realization rocked her to her very core:

Love... hate... good or evil. It mattered not. What mattered was another unexpected treasure inherent to the human race, and once perhaps long lost to this once mighty civilization. And perhaps it was in that losing that they finally fell before the Dark Jedi who eradicated them from the Galaxy with no more thought than one would give to crushing an annoying gnat.

Trust. The Sith needed to learn to trust. They could talk all they wanted about balancing themselves, about accepting themselves... but until they learned to trust themselves and each other, all they could do would be to start descending once more into the morass they had slid into over forty centuries ago.

Only this time the degeneration would be with the power of the All at their command.

Graysith shuddered and opened her eyes. Aelvedaar's molten ones were right before hers, intimately close. Her grip on his hand tightened.... and at length she spoke.

"I understand now," was all she said. She let a pregnant moment hang there a bit before continuing. "You must understand as well. My Sire... for Sire to me you are, my Lord; my Sire, what I have done was for the good of the All, as well as for the Sith. You must trust me, my Lord, as I have trusted you for so long. And by trusting me, trust my Adept as I do. The All is too great a beacon to shine in this Galaxy; others will be coming to snatch it if they might. How can you expect them to not learn of it when the Sith return to life? You must trust that more guardians than you and my love are needed to prevent that from happening."

Now she took a step back, and smiled up into his face. "And this is why you reached out to my race, because we can trust, even in the face of the darkest adversity. And you chose me because I can bring not merely the purity of love to the dark, as I have, but that trust as well. Which I have shown to you by placing my life in your hands for the sake of my Adept."

A slight rustle caught her attention; off to the side of the clearing stood a mute Dark Warrior Lord. The pain upon his face was almost too much for The Chosen Daughter to bear. With a final, slight pressure of her palm against the charnelhouse flesh of her Sire, she pulled back completely and gracefully came before her Lord. Now her hand placed itself lightly against the heated flesh of his face.

"My Love," she whispered. "You, too, must learn to trust. I, Graysith, have found great love in my heart for you, love that will never cease.

"And I, Jharmeen Jhin'Darr, repeat that vow, in the hopes that you truly can learn to trust in it."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.107.54
Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 02-17-2002 05:28 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Dark Lords eyes met that of Graysith's and a single tear escaped to meet her hand now resting on his cheek. Not when his world had been lost had he shed a tear. Not when his entire race had been slaughtered had he shed a tear. Not when he endured the pain of re-birth had he shed a tear. At the thought of losing this one....

He could not move as he stood in front of her. He listened to her words knowing them to be true. They had a new beginning now, the sith, to rebuild and yes to learn from the mistakes of the past. He was The Warrior Lord but he had much to learn as did his brother.

"I will trust you my love." He spoke those words in but a wisper but the depths were as the roar of the rancor. Roan looked over to where his brother still stood. "We both have much to learn from this one as she does from us as well. I have acted upon mistrust and anger my brother. Our people dead for those reasons but from their lesson learned we will survive."

--------------------

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.2.244.33
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 02-17-2002 05:35 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
In the cabin of the Relentless, Erik sat on the floor in a stunned ball. Shayla's absolute terror had slammed him with such ferocity that he'd been knocked to the ground.

Terror which she had for she who she called Sister.

Then, in one utterly terrifying and horrible moment, Shayla Stargazer Petrolu blinked all together from the face of the planet. From the galaxy. Indeed, from the universe.

No, no, NO, NO!!! It cannot be!!! It musn't!!! Those whom she had trusted for so long...

Erik forced down the lump in his throat as the hurt and anger wracked his body. He knew his logic for the moment had been cast to the wind, and he didn't care.

He would not allow her life to go blindly forfeited. She might be gone...

...gone...?

...but her death would be avenged.

Another wave of anxiety wracked him.

She was gone...

[ 02-17-2002 05:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.205
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-27-2002 05:04 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(OOC: Follow Graysith, Roan, Aelvedaar, Erik, Nikk, M'wonBo'o and friends into the "Morniie Utulie" thread in the Jedi Praxeum and Sith Temple forum. Thank you!)

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 207.165.114.21

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05