my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » In The Balance (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Printable Version
Author Topic: In The Balance
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 11-08-2001 09:07 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Pride of Yavin hovered serenely over Keel Doba, a mere silver speck in the majesty of the heavens. Within, Jedi Master Jeroc Mahoy went about the tasks that captaining a yacht and training two Jedi padawans encompassed.

But the underlayer of his mind was tuned to the awareness of a gentle, hazel-eyed woman, putting down with a friend on a strange jungle planet. Her cautiousness, her calmness...

And, suddenly, the pain of her flesh. The fear of the great beast looming above her. Blood loss, and the peace of unconsciousness.
After a long minute, Jeroc remembered to breathe again. Seated in the pilot's chair of the yacht, his hands brushed over the controls, and he was tempted to head off to Khar Delba right then and there.

No. He had to consider this. He had responsibilities. Even now, he could hear the footsteps of his padawan Logan coming towards the cockpit. Jeroc gritted his teeth.

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.135.176.142
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 11-10-2001 09:00 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"She's WHAT!!!" demanded Logan of his master.

Wearily, Jeroc rubbed his forehead. "Cella's been attacked, by the same beast that you encountered. She's conscious now, but little else. What's worse, I can no longer sense Erik...and I strongly suspect that the Sith Lady has returned from her little sabbatical."

Logan looked impatient. "So why are we still here? Man, you should have made a jump to Khar Delba when you first felt her like this!"

Jeroc gritted his teeth and glared at his padawan. "Did you not learn a single thing on your impulsive little jaunt to the Sith Temple? You're still as thickheaded as you ever were, evidently. These Sith aren't to be trifled with...and I have you and Thea to think about. Especially Thea."

Logan's expression softened at the mention of the little girl. "I know it, and I apologize, Master Jeroc. But even if we don't touch ground, we should at least orbit the planet. Who knows when Cella might really need us?"

"I'm considering it, Logan." Just then, the Jedi Master felt his beloved's presence reaching out for him again, and relayed the information to his padawan. "I feel her now, Logan...apparently she's met up with Danner and his crew, and has agreed to construct a lightsaber bearing the Nar Khelba for them. She also has found no trace of Erik."

Logan shuddered. "So now what?" The question hung unanswered in the air between master and student.

--------------------

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.138.85.158
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 11-12-2001 09:00 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea froze outside the door to the cockpit - she had been looking for Logan for a while and had finally thought to try thinking to him. Well she had found him but he seemed to be talking to Jeroc and she didn't want to intrude but she couldn't help but overhear - was she really standing in the way of helping Shayla and Cella - she didn't want to but she knew she couldn't help either. She hesitated for a minute but she knew she couldn't hide from Jeroc and she might as well not pretend she hadn't over heard especially since she had noticed something was wrong with Cella - and that something new was worrying Shayla. Thea decided just to go for it and entered the cockpit going over to hug Logan as she had wanted to when he was recovering from his ordeal.

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 193.52.64.54
Cella Poliani

Member # 115

posted 11-13-2001 05:49 PM     Profile for Cella Poliani   Author's Homepage   Email Cella Poliani     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Logan wrapped his strong young arms around the little girl. "Hey, Thea, you ok?" But she just nestled her head against his chest.

Jeroc reached out to smooth her hair with a lean hand, then hesitated. Once more, Cella was trying to make contact. Jeroc, your help is urgently needed. The Sith Lady has returned, and we sense the presence of yet another Sith with her...a new one. Worse yet, Erik is still lost to me. I have been injured and am still quite weak. Captain Danner has most graciously offered to let us place Logan and Thea in the care of his crew on the Hornett. Make haste, my love...

Jeroc's reply was almost instantaneous. I'll be there as soon as I can get Thea and Logan into good hands. It would definitely be a good idea to keep in touch with Logan, since he knows the terrain somewhat. I plan to use the same tactic as Erik did to reach you and use the Pride's cloakers. Force be with you, Cella.

He cleared his throat. "Logan, Thea, I've just had news from Cella. The situation has been greatly complicated--Erik has disappeared and another Sith has been spotted landing on the planet. I don't want to leave the two of you, but Cella needs my help."

"Captain Danner has offered to let the two of you stay on his flagship, Hornett, while I take the Pride to Khar Delba. Logan, I know you, and I know the last thing you want is to stay while I go. But I'm telling you this as one man to another, we need you to be here. Cella and I could definitely use your knowledge of the planet, and we need to keep you safe. And you have a responsibility to Thea now." Logan nodded solemnly, not protesting, although Jeroc could sense his inner rebellion.

Jeroc cupped Thea's face in his hands and knelt in front of her. "Thea, I promise this will be over very soon and you will be able to start your Jedi training in earnest. The best thing you can do right now is send loving thoughts to Shayla. Remind her that we haven't given up on her. Listen to Logan and obey the crew of the Hornett. Cella and I love you and we want to keep you safe."

That said, Jeroc turned to the comm board and keyed in the comm code for the Hornett...

Posts: 76 | From: see Rogue Angel | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 172.152.185.249
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 11-13-2001 10:02 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
OCC: Tina, if you want to "borrow" my character Aaron Barnes you can. He's secondary and I haven't written for him much anyway. If getting Thea and Logan to the Hornett involves you writing a line or two for Aaron, go for it...

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.158.183
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 11-14-2001 10:30 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea was a little nervous about both of the Jedi leaving - she loved them both and didn't want anything to happen to them but she trusted Logan to take care of her too and she was sure the Jedi would be fine, after all no one could kill a Jedi. She turned to Logan quickly, "Izzy is going with us right? I'll go get her." And she hopped down and ran out in search of the droid without waiting for a response.

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 193.52.64.54
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 11-16-2001 06:06 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jeroc smiled after the girl as she went to get the little astromech. How could he have possibly forgotten about Izzy? Anyway, Thea was right. It was safer for Izzy to go on the Hornett as well.

A male voice crackled from the comm. "This is Aaron Barnes of the Hornett speaking." Jeroc explained the situation to Aaron as quickly as possible, and Aaron graciously agreed to let the padawans stay on Hornett. He and Jeroc made plans for the Pride of Yavin to dock with Hornett and deposit the padawans on the way to Khar Delba.

An hour later, Logan, Thea and Izzy were safely aboard Danner's ship, and Jeroc was making the short hyperspace jump towards Khar Delba. Just then, he caught a wave of pain and fright from Cella. "No!" he cried aloud.

Cella was in the Temple, and in great danger. It was now or never for her...

After what seemed like years to Jeroc, the Pride made landfall on Khar Delba, near the approximate location of the Temple as Logan had described it. Jeroc immediately disembarked and tried to make sense of his jungle surroundings...

((OOC: Follow Jeroc to the Great Temple on Khar Delba.))

[ 11-24-2001 05:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rogue Angel ]

--------------------

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.165.27.20
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 11-19-2001 07:26 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea felt a wave of pain as she was trying to talk to Cella - she still didn't understand how she was able to hear her when they were far away but she just knew that what she heard and felt was real. Frightened she ran to Logan, "Logan someone's hurt Cella! Why'd they do it? who wants to hurt her?" She reached her arms up around his neck the best she could and clung to him hoping for an easy answer to her question.

--------------------

Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 11-21-2001 11:25 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Shh, shh," Logan soothed awkwardly, trying to comfort Thea as best he knew how. They were resting in their comfortable quarters aboard the Hornett, courtesy of the hospitable Aaron Barnes. Logan had offered to help with some crewing duties in return for his and Thea's board, and Aaron had agreed to let him do some maintenance work aboard the ship.

"Thea, I wish I knew what to tell you." The young man sighed. "All I know is that there are evil people in this galaxy, and their actions aren't anywhere near rational or explainable. I imagine this Sith Lady's not too happy about Cella coming to 'visit'. But Jeroc's going to help her and he'll be with her in no time."

Logan braced himself. He needed to tell Thea the truth about Shayla...and the possibility that she might not come back to the Praxeum. He would rather have left this to Jeroc or Cella, but they were occupied with more important things, and he didn't want this to come as a total shock to the little girl.

"Thea, I also have some pretty bad news for you. When I saw Shayla down there on Khar Delba...she was changed. She's learned a lot of things, not all of them good, and she's...just not the same person that you met at the Praxeum. Which leads to another thing." Logan gritted his teeth.

"Thea, Shayla may not be coming with us back to the Praxeum. Even if the Sith Lady lets her go, Shayla may not want to go. She just doesn't want to be a Jedi any more. She wants..." The words caught painfully in his throat, and he stared at the bulkhead to avoid seeing tears well up in Thea's eyes.

--------------------

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.143.168.94
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 11-22-2001 06:59 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
THea couldn't believe what she was hearing, why wouldn't Shayla want to be a Jedi? Who wouldn't want to be a Jedi? She had always felt sorry for the other kids she met who could never be Jedi's and for her parents who she knew would love that life - just from the way they talked about it she knew, but they could never be - she could - that was why she was here -she could when her loving parent's couldn't and she wanted it no more than they did. She had met alot of others who were destined to do other things simply because of thier inability to be in contact with the Force - though they wanted to. SHe just couldn't believe that someone who had hte ability wouldn't want to. "Logan, who wouldn't want to be a Jedi? Why? The Jedi are the best people in the universe - of all races, no one could ever be more special than the Jedi - my mommy told me so. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that? Who wouldn't want to help everyone possible? Who wouldn't want to learn that?"

--------------------

Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 11-24-2001 05:04 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Logan shook his head. He didn't want to deprive Thea of her innocence, but how else to do this?

"Well, I haven't been training at the Praxeum very long, but I've been a lot of places in the galaxy. And I do know that the Jedi don't mean the same things to some people as they do to others." He could see Thea was confused, so he decided to clarify.

"Some think the Jedi are power-hungry, only seeking to wield the Force so they can have some kind of unfair advantage over 'ordinary folks'. Others think the Jedi are too bound in tradition, that they don't know the best way to use the Force." Logan squeezed Thea's shoulder comfortingly. "Of course, you and I know that the Jedi have rules so that the Force can be used rightly: to heal, to teach, to help."

"But other people, like the people who took Shayla, don't think this way. I don't know why. They think it's okay to use the Force for whatever you want: to make yourself powerful, to hurt others, to satisfy your own desires. And because the Jedi oppose this, they accuse the Jedi of being weak and fearful."

"I'm still not entirely sure what happened to Shayla. She told me she wanted to learn how to use both the light and dark sides of the Force, which doesn't make any sense to me. But Thea, I'm still a student like you, and there are many things I don't understand." He sighed. "I just wish Jeroc or Cella were here to explain this to you."

--------------------

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.135.187.26
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-25-2001 05:38 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Through a link unbreakable and inexplainable, Shayla's soft voice echoed into the mind of Thea Morgan with compassionate words tinged with fire, their intention vague.

I am not what he thinks, the voice said. I am not what THEY think. Don't be fooled by what you perceive; your perceptions can be innaccurate.

The Light and the Dark I have chosen to embrace. What you chose to take unto yourself, Thea, is yet to be determined and remains your choice alone...

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.104.73
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 11-26-2001 06:52 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Logan this change in Shayla scares me, even when she tries to tell me it's ok it scares me!" Thea mummered holding him tightly Shayla's words echoing in her mind she thought back "Shayla, why?"

[ 11-28-2001 10:30 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Padme of Hidden Lake ]

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-26-2001 09:31 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Giving no words of comfort, no reply; in fact, nothing at all, Shayla silenced the link with Thea. Shayla knew that her message to Thea had been foolish; something that satisfied a desire of her, Shayla Petrolu, and not something that was at that moment for the greater good.

But such things might change, in time.

The link, even though temporarily silenced, would remain. Shayla didn't quite know what maintained this link, but some things were just as they were, and should remain thus.

[ 11-26-2001 09:33 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.104.100
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 11-27-2001 10:05 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"It scares me too," murmured Logan, stroking Thea's hair. He had once fancied himself a person of great bravery...but that had been before he had discovered the ways of the Force, and witnessed the true bravery of Cella and Jeroc.

And of Thea. Young though she was, she was incredibly resilient and trusting. She would make it through this all right. "Thea, don't worry about Shayla. I know that you were once friends, and there's nothing wrong with remembering that. But you have to remember that she has changed, and that she has chosen to change for reasons we don't know. But she is not a prisoner, and she is not unhappy..." Logan broke off in mid-sentence, Cella's voice suddenly filling his mind.

Logan, Thea might be in danger, but it is hard to say. Protect her as best you can. Use those things which Jeroc and I taught you, and reach out with all your senses. Force be with you.

Shaken by this cryptic message, Logan tried not to look disturbed. "Thea, are you hungry? Personally, I sure could use some rations."

--------------------

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.144.14.187
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 11-28-2001 10:33 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Sudden change in Logan's actions surprised Thea, "What's wrong Logan, what happened?"

She thought of Cella and Jeroc suddenly and panicking that something actually could have happened to them she thought out, "Cella, Jeroc are you ok? what's going on?"

--------------------

Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 11-28-2001 04:29 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Logan tried to dodge the question once more. "Nothing is wrong, Thea. Up here on the Hornett, we're safe as can be."

He could hear Thea's query and Cella's gentle reply. Yes, I'm all right, dear. Please don't worry. Master Jeroc seemed to be preoccupied at the moment..

Logan was a little irritated at how perceptive the little girl was to his thoughts and feelings. "You know, I can't remember the last time we ate. Now, can we go get something to eat, or what?" Feeling suddenly claustrophobic, he headed out of the cabin towards the mess room, hoping that Thea was behind him.

--------------------

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 216.229.196.177
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 11-29-2001 09:41 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea couldn't understand what was going on but she ran to catch up with Logan, almost afraid to be alone. She grabbed his hand as soon as she reached him and hugged close to him, not speaking, not knowing what to say, knowing only that she was probably too young and naive in the ways of the Jedi to completely understand what was happening. But she knew deep down in her heart that nothing and no one could stand in thier way for long and that they would protect her. They were Jedi - that was what they did, they were her family now, A family - she hadn't and wouldn't forget her parents but they in a way were part of the Jedi family. Following Logan silently through the corridors of the ship she thought of the stories her father used to tell her of Master Luke - as if he had talked to him personally though he probably hadn't, he fought for the Rebellion - that was true, his uniform had always been kept on display in the Kitchen of their little ship, but the rest she couldn't be sure. "In any case," she told herself, "you're here now and you're going to be one of them, so you can help others the way Momma was helped by one of them 6 years ago - 7 years ago almost now - you had almost lost track of time, Thea, but your birthday is coming soon - you hadn't realized you'd been with the Jedi so long - and haven't been able to start learning because of this Evil woman." She hugged Logan suddenly just glad that he was beside her.

[ 11-30-2001 09:08 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Padme of Hidden Lake ]

--------------------

Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 12-05-2001 10:53 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea jumped suddenly - something had happened to Shayla - she had been hurt - but she wasn't anymore, but to an even more horrible fate - she was staying with THEM. Thea shuddered with horror at the thought. "Shayla, I don't understand... I'm going to be a Jedi, I have always wanted to be, and nothing can stop that, just like you've made your choice so did I and my parents. Good bye Shayla - you would have been a good Jedi." A tear escaped as Thea hugged closer to Logan, she hated good bye - especially when there would never again be a chance to meet. But she knew she still had Logan, and Jeroc, and Cella... Cella - she had been hurt too, and now she was gone!! "She has to be ok, she just has too!" Thea thought. "CELLA - Be OK, Come back to me!" "Jeroc, bring her back - she has to come back" She whispered suddenly breaking the silence they had been walking in, "Logan, we are going to see Jeroc and Cella again right? I just want them to come back so we can all go back to the Temple and... and just be OK." Thea started to cry softly into Logan's arm - she didn't want him to see, but she was so worried about Cella.

[ 12-05-2001 10:57 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Padme of Hidden Lake ]

--------------------

Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 12-05-2001 11:34 AM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A deep chill seeped suddenly into the corridor of the ship where Logan crouched, hugging a tearful Thea. It was a chill that sent deathly blasts up and down, climbing the young man's spine with a hedious carress to blow into his ear and ruffle the hair on Thea's head. Dancing in a meledodius exultation, it whirled and twirled the shadows beyond them, shadows which bowed and laughed before igniting into flames that seemed to come from the lowest level of Hell.

The fire was an unholy mix of reds and purples and it seemed to almost sing a hedious melody as it danced with the sudden darkness in the corridor. A figure exploded into being, rising out of the flames, stetching out a clawed hand to easily rip Thea out of Logan's inefficient arms.

"A child," the demon hissed through blacked lips carressed with deepley purple hues, "for a child!" He said the last with an unholy moaning wail as the girl was easily flung onto his shoulder and they vanished within the flames. The fire made a final blast before it also vanished, leaving a frantic Logan....alone.

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.199.183
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 12-05-2001 01:51 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
They travelled through Darkness... they howled through shadowy flames that danced, the girl flung over his shoulder writhing in fear and horror but to no avail. About them shadows darker still reached out with grasping and eager claws, seeking to touch the life essence in this light being and suck it out of her.

The smiling Sith Lord would have none of that. With a wave of a clawed hand he kept the dancing shadows at bay... with another he placed a Force Bubble about himself and the child, as he did the OTHER who yet waited in a private horror of her own... a Force Bubble similar to a Force Cage but stronger, withstanding the penetretion of the Light, holding its own against the dark... only those knowign the secrets of the all could break it... that no peeping eyes or ears would know of his whereabouts or that of this child until he deigned it to be so.

Giving the child a meaningful stare, laughing with the caressing shadoes that responded to his merest whim, coming and carrying with them the promise of more terror should anything befall HER...

...they travelled on to a secret place known only to him. One he kept distant even from She who carried his Dark Heart.

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.206.197
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 12-05-2001 06:02 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"NO!!!" howled Logan as he realized what had happened to Thea. That loathsome Sith had taken her away, an innocent with nothing to do with any of the mess that was happening on Khar Delba. Logan could barely comprehend the evil they were dealing with here.

I promised her she'd be safe. I promised her she'd be a Jedi. If anything happens to her, I'll kill myself!

He dashed into the mess hall of the Hornett, where he nearly plowed into Aaron Barnes. "Logan, what's happened?"

"Thea's been kidnapped," Logan moaned through gritted teeth. "Snatched right out of my arms by that Sith Lord." He clenched his fists, drawing blood from his palms. "I'm going to kill him if anything happens to her! What's worse, Cella's gone too, and Jeroc can't help us now either. I'll take any risk...

"Now just settle down and think a minute, Logan," pleaded Aaron. "I'd give you a ship if it would help...but if a Sith's taken her, I'm kind of thinking she's in a place where a ship won't do much good." The man paused a minute in thought.

"You know what? I've got an old favor needs calling in. Funny, I haven't thought of her in years...Logan, come with me. We have a call to make."

Minutes later, a deeply shaken Logan stood with Aaron in the comm center of the Hornett. The man tapped in a comm freq, tried for a response. "Margoly, you there?"

--------------------

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.156.36.3
Margoly Eris

unregistered

posted 12-05-2001 06:18 PM       Edit/Delete Post
I groaned, trying to ignore the buzzing of the communit. Former smugglers that run very, very profitable distilling companies value their sleep. Then I heard an all-too-familiar voice issuing from the voxunit.

"Margoly, you there?" Aaron Barnes, fellow smuggler, partner in a few less-than-successful ventures, and former lover. Now I had to answer. I was intrigued as to whether he had a new business proposal or was going to beg to get back together with me. I rolled out of bed and put on a nightrobe.

"What is it, Aaron, you old rascal?"

"Um, Margoly? Remember that time I kind of crashed the ship we had together?"

"Yes. That is a very expensive memory."

"Well, remember how I bought you the distillery on Corellia to make up for it? The one that's making the finest Whyren's Reserve in the galaxy? The one that's made you a rich woman in your own right?"

I rolled my eyes, even though he couldn't see. "Yes, I remember all that," I snapped. "Aaron, are you saying I owe you some kind of a favor."

I could nearly see him making sad pittin eyes at me. "Yeees. Margoly, you used to be a Jedi, right?"

"Aaron, I told you I don't talk about that. Even with you." I had studied for some years on Yavin IV, but had left after I'd realized that my powers tended toward darkness more often than not...and one very frightening brush with a Sith...

"Good for me that I have a long memory. Margoly, I know you're a good woman, and you'll help someone for an old friend's sake. A little girl, Margoly, one that's been through a lot."

I couldn't help myself. "Tell me more."

Bare hours later, I was speeding through hyperspace on my little yacht, Paladin's Banner, headed for the coordinates that Aaron gave me. Former smuggler I may be, but I've always tended toward heroics.

Logged: 172.156.36.3
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 12-05-2001 11:25 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
OCC: Tina, you can keep using Aaron. I'm making this one post because it makes logical sense for the character. But all's well, so proceed onward. Happy posting.
--------------------------

As Aaron sat in his office waiting for Margoly to meet up with them, he pulled up the ship's sensor array, looking to see what the nearby traffic was like.

Let's see. One X-wing. Then two...fifteen...twenty...

Aaron's eyes began to bug out of his head as he realized there was a fleet very nearby. That could only mean two things. The Moff had finally found a way to even things out with Terrin, or there were New Republic people nearby.

Both meant one thing regardless. Trouble.

But Aaron had an obligation to see Logan off safely, as well as the obligation to watch over Terrin's fleet. He'd be a dead man if the fleet wasn't taken care of.

Deciding he'd best get the fleet out of the area, Aaron typed up a short message to Margoly, alerting her that she should meet him in the Xenoth Sector, not too far away from Khar Delba, but far enough for his fleet not to be noticed by any New Republic types.

They might be friends, but then, even if Eagle Enterprises was a ship building company they still had smuggling roots.

And there was that little issue with the Moff again...

Opening another frequency to one of Jasyn's communications devices, Aaron sent word that he was taking the fleet out of the area to protect it from possible danger.

Then, in a matter of about an hour, the fleet was off in hyperspace for a short jump to another place. There they would both keep the fleet protected and meet up with the contact he had promised Logan...

[ 12-06-2001 12:12 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.77
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 12-06-2001 10:55 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea wanted to scream when the Sith grabbed her but she just couldn't - she was far too afraid. "Cella, Jeroc Help Me!! Logan!!! Somebody!!!" She was desperate. She tried kicking him biting him - anything to make him let her go. Then she lost everyone else - she didn't know where they were anymore. "please let me go" she sobbed, "what do you want with me? I want to go back home, home to Cella, let me go, please." She burst into tears and coiled up on herself trying to have as little contact with this thing that had her. No sith could ever be a person in her eyes - they were just too horrible to imagine, even if Shayla had.... no Shayla was dead to her. Shayla chose that. Getting a bit of courage back she slapped the Sith across the face and kicked him as hard as she could in the stomach, "The Jedi will save me, and then you'll play you... you... Bantha Fodder! LET ME GO!" Thea reached up to dig her nails into the Sith's eyes as she screamed at him once again for her freedom.

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05