my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Interstices of Space and Time

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Interstices of Space and Time
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 07-29-2000 09:39 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
//It is said Time is truly a relative thing. Indeed, my people were not the first to recognize the connectedness of space and time, and the unique dance the two undergo together. For ever since all that Is came into Being, it has been known that one cannot pass through space without passing through time. One likewise cannot travel through time without impacting the space one occupies, in one manner or another. Unless one is an Ancient Sith magician, to whom such abilities come easily once this knowledge is understood.

//I looked down upon the woman who stood so quietly beside me as we travelled through this SpaceTime Otherness. Sensing my look, she lifted her gaze to mine, pinned my eyes with her violet ones. So trusting, that look. A character trait admired by some; one that needs some attention once we reach our destination. Then those eyes hardened with determination, and her chin lifted. Ahhh... such spirit. Yet one more reason why I chose her out of myriad billions in all the SpaceTime that has ever existed or indeed ever would....

//My thoughts went back to our travels; I contemplated the Mysteries that ravened beyond us. Again, we were not the first to understand how relative a thing time really is. That time travels at different velocities with differing distances from a gravity source. We were not alone in our discovery that the faster one travels, the slower does time. Indeed, Time is a most interesting concept, one which our magicks had just started to understand before the End Time came upon us. Space and Time; Matter and Energy. In both cases, two sides to the same coin; two coins in the same fountain, all connected, all flowing...

//All relative.

//Time will work in our stead once again. I looked down at Graysith once more, knowing the Solution rested within her. I could feel it there, dormant, yet somehow straining. A phoenix yearning to rise up from the ashes of destruction... only this phoenix would rise from the material of creation, in turn to bring about a degree of destruction never before witnessed in the entire history of the Galaxy.

//Our immediate solution, though, a much simpler matter. Just one of energy. A simple task, a manipulation of that energy, of the Force if you will... and I watched as the SpaceTime ravening without us began to slow, to creep, to veritably crawl along at less than a snail's pace...

//And then to move backward.

//I smiled, albeit grimly, down upon She who I had chosen. "My child," I began, pleased by how quickly she gave me her full attention. Completely focused. "Soon we shall reach our destination. Once we do, we shall immediately continue with your training. I intend to go on from where the Dark Lord left off; I intend to instruct you fully in the Ancient Sith Art of swordplay and handfighting. Always good to have as backup with the Force talents you have learned already."

//She merely looked steadily at me, her violet eyes never leaving my own. I saw a question there, but respectfully she refrained from giving voice to it. Good. Her self-control is improving. I answered it for her.

//"You do not need concern yourself with those on Khar Delba, child," I continued. "For indeed have we learned of the ebb and flow and connectedness of Space and Time. Soon we shall arrive at our destination... in a far-off world, visited by few, unknown on any map, situated at the edge of the Galaxy... and six months before the time when we left the Sith Temple. Indeed, it is as if you never arrived there... for truly we can now say you never did.

//"Time is relative, child. Your memories of those six months remain intact. But theirs...." I trailed off, tilted my head. I smiled to see, very far away, very distant: a sun-eyed hunter never having to self destruct; a raven-garbed being howling on through space, unimpeded; a being named Khaavren going about his small and insignificant business....

//"Theirs have never been impacted by your presence."

//Her voice came to my ears then, softly. "Galen?" she breathed, then even softer: "M-my--sister?"

//I couldn't help but frown. Sighed, then smiled down upon her once again. "Child, there is one whom it would not be advantageous to anger at this time. Your sister and her companion thus come along with us, in a manner of speaking, in this break from time. They will remember you and all that occurred. They remain yet free, as you have set them.

//"But now, child. Our destination approaches. Prepare yourself."

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.43
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-29-2000 09:41 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((Follow into SW Universe to see where Graysith and Aelvedaar end up...!))

------------------
"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"
--Graysith, Chosen Daughter of the Sith

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.43

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05