my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple   » Out with the Old, In with the New - My bad (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Out with the Old, In with the New - My bad
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 06-02-2001 12:32 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
In an almost involuntary motion, my head jerked back with the swiftness of the finger I withdrew from the chin of this blank-eyed human before me. In my ears, in my mind, in the very cells of my being, somehow faint yet strident cries were still ringing, as though coming from an extreme distance, yet strangely sharp and vivid..

My eyes darkened with annoyance as I gathered my abilities together to investigate. My hand moved quietly forward again, to rest upon the forehead of the young human female. There... it was there once again, as I knew it would be. Faint, distant, crying....

My heartbeat quickened as I realized there was One yet who could still discern my presence in this place and time. One with this ability would go further yet than the blank one before me, in assisting us with our cause.

But...

These things must be done delicately. The magicks must not be tainted. I smiled with a certain knowledge that our paths would cross, that the new one, along with this one beneath my touch, would assist my Chosen Daughter in her quest, and would indeed aid us in our designs.

But at our leisure, which I decided was not to be at this time.

The clawed hand atop the female's head now stroked down to caress her cheek, then cupped her chin, then moved back to the top of her head again. I continued this stroking motion, my eyes closing now as I concentrated. All the power and magicks of my civilization, that of the proud and ancient Sith, came into play as through the One I reached out to connect with the Other.

"There, there... ahhh. Youngling you are, even younger than this one. My dear little one, let sweet dreams come to you. Let your little mind be at rest, your fair body seek surcease of toil and play; childling that you are, it is time now to sleep.

"Sleep, youngling, sleep...."

I smiled to myself, my eyes focusing back on the here and now. In my mind I could see a small and fair human child, her eyes red from crying, her small body shaking with tremor. Even as I watched, I saw my words begin to take effect. The shining head lolled back against the chair in which she was curled, the troubled eyes closed, the breathing gradually became deep and regular.

She slept... and would not be awakened until I deigned this to happen.

I reached out again, to make certain the link between the two human females was completely severed, but not the newly created one between myself and this other child. A link completely impenetrable to others. In perfect invisibility.

And under my total and utter iron control.

I smiled. The woman before me tilted her head in unsettled wonder. And somewhere far, far away, a little human girl slept....

[ 06-02-2001: Message edited by: Aelvedaar ]

[ 06-02-2001: Message edited by: Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.102.181
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 06-03-2001 12:24 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
While the creature before her was concentrating on something that seemed far more valuable, he missed the spark of light in the blank human female before him.

She felt the touch of a small human soul...one that seemed very familiar. She heard a scream...a voice...what was that name?

She wrinkled her brow in frustration and wonder.

Shayla...Who was Shayla? And what was this little soul that clung to her?

Suddenly, the link between the small human child and the older female snapped, and the woman started. But the girl was still out there...she was still close...yet far. She was intertwined now with the being before the woman, in a seemingly hopeless state.

Shayla...

The young woman didn't know who this Shayla was, but she longed for the warm touch of this little one once more. Even though the being had tried to make her at ease, the woman felt something was still amiss.

She felt...

Something else strange was bouncing back and forth in the young woman's mind, something that she didn't know what to do with. Small fragments of a memory, a forgotten past, had been transferred to her from the Force-touch of the little one.

Shayla...

Although it might be a risk, the young woman took the untuned and child-like Force powers she possessed, and quickly, without hesitation, reached out and grabbed the young child's presence once more.

The being before her noticed this immediately, and went to sever the link once more. This link was most important to achieving the final goal, and he would not have it so wrecklessly stolen from him. The child still slept, but the woman and the girl were in tune even still.

Shayla... The child whispered to the woman in her sleep.

Yes, this link must be broken at once. But even with all the Sith magicks, it seemed to be a difficult if not impossible task. The being was furious. For in its haste to assume that the woman before him could not possibly be anything more than a shell, he'd missed a complete and solid will. A strong will that would not so easily let go of the child's presence this time. A will that would not be easily broken, and could be very dangerous. A will very characteristic of the true woman before him....

Shayla...

[ 06-03-2001: Message edited by: Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.93
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 06-03-2001 08:07 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
This being is becoming a nuisance.

Out of sheer exasperation, I raise my hand once more, to slash down and take the life of this mortal whose insistence on maintaining this cursed link is becoming a thorn in my side. The only thing that halts the descending blow is the thought of another mortal, with violet eyes and hair to match my skin.

My Chosen One, my beloved Graysith, chosen by me to represent us all; my love, why did you send this one to me? What goes on in your mind that you send this inconvenience upon me, now, when all my attentions must be devoted upon refining the Magicks I will use when the time comes to resurrect the Sith?

I frowned, my molten eyes darkening to cinders in my head. Clearly the link must not be allowed to continue.

Very well. If this one stubbornly resists the immediate Magicks I have at hand -- there are other, more convoluted spells I know of which would completely rend every speck of anything sentient from this woman --then I must use other means which are at my disposal. I sigh a bit, a little embarrassed to have to reduce myself to mechanical methodologies.

I go to a hidden device, one claw reaching out to flick a switch. The woman is immediately encased in a Force Cage. Nothing pertaining the least little bit to the Force can enter it, nothing can leave it. Even I, who command not merely the Force, but the All of which it is but a miniscule part, can no longer sense her presence. I know there is not another Force user in the Galaxy who can.

Then, to assure nothing can touch this one further, I employ another method my Daughter so delights in using. With a final wave of my hand, a certain... Elseness... roils from the very fabric of space and time, coils about this woman's body, and quicker than an attacking sandcat, yanks her to that special non-place in space and time where one second meets the next. Away not only from this planet where I hide with my ancient devices, but from this very timeframe in which the Universe exists.

To all intents and purposes, she has indeed truly blanked out of existence. Only I know she is still alive...

...and aware.

I smile to myself as I head back to my chambers, wondering just how long it will take her to go mad.

And elsewhere, a human child sleeps on....

[ 06-03-2001: Message edited by: Aelvedaar ]

[ 06-03-2001: Message edited by: Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.64
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 06-03-2001 11:45 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cella was busy piloting the Pride of Yavin when a blood-curdling cry from Thea in the seat behind her caused her to jump.

She turned and soothed Thea, asking her what was wrong.

Still sobbing, the little girl relayed a description of a horrible creature, and it was only then that Cella realized how strong this link between Shayla and Thea really was.

She turned from her thoughts to ask Thea if she knew what she was seeing, when she noticed that the child had strangely fallen back asleep, when only moments before she was in sheer terror.

Cella felt the hair on the back of her neck stand up. There was something very wrong here...this sleep that Thea had fallen into was not a natural one.

"Thea, wake up," she said, shaking the girl only slightly. No response. "Thea!" she persisted.

She looked over at Jeroc, who shook his head. Whatever had Shayla must have sensed Thea's Force-grip on her, and must have taken steps to stop it.

Thea sighed deeply in her sleep, then started a little bit.

Who in the galaxy was doing this? Only someone with many powers could be controlling two people with this much control at one time.

And Thea had seen whatever it was.

Maybe it was time to take further steps to find Shayla. Currently they seemed to be following nothing, so Cella decided it was past time.

"Should we..." she started. Jeroc took her intentions immediatly, and nodded yes.

She only hoped she could do what she needed to..."Jeroc, maybe you should do this."

He shook his head no, insisting that Cella was perfectly capable.

"Very well then."

Taking a deep breath, Cella gently placed her right hand over Thea's forehead and closed her eyes. She searched through Thea's short term memory, and saw the face of a red-skinned creatur of some sort. She also saw Shayla there.

But where were they?

That was when the surroundings hit a memory with Cella. A sith temple.

She opened her eyes, removed her hand from the little girl's forehead, and looked over at Logan and Jeroc, who were waiting patiently.

Or at least Logan was trying to. He hadn't said much of anything since they started their trip, probably because he was anxious to find his new friend.

"She's at a Sith Temple with some sort of creature there. I don't know how it happened. But now we have a lead. Logan, I want you to pull up all possible locations for Sith Temples. Til you pull up all the information, I'll keep my eyes on the controls. When you find everything let me know and we'll go from there."

Logan nodded and turned, then began busily working at the copilot's seat.

Cella looked at Thea, angry that someone would stoop so low as to entrance the mind of such a very young child. "Can you help her?" she asked Jeroc, her hear aching. "Please?"

[ 06-03-2001: Message edited by: Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.158.17
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 06-04-2001 01:13 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla...

The name was still ringing in the young woman's head when her grasp on the little human life once more snapped and she was suddenly Force-caged by the being before her.

Just as she was about to scream, she saw starlines before her eyes like those that one would see upon entering hyperspace. But this was not hyperspace. For a moment she couldn't catch her breath, then suddenly, it was over.

And she found herself in a place she did not know. Not that she would know it anyway in her current state of mind. But did she really not know this place? It seemed eerily familiar to someone who didn't even know who she was.

"Shayla!" There was that name again. But this time, it was no longer only in her head. Someone was calling that name...and she could hear them...

It was then that she noticed one of the bars of the Force-cage seemed slightly melted...probably from the sudden jolt that it experienced.

And she just had to find out who was calling that name...

"Shayla, where are you? We are all going down to the swimming hole! Come out!"

The young woman squeezed out of the cage where the bar had once been, barely fitting through and nearly pinching a finger in the process.

"Ouch!" she cried. Then she gasped. Where'd I learn these words? And how is it that I've forgotten them? They were in my head along!

Where was she anyway? She looked at her surroundings, and found herself in a large room with high vaulted ceilings. The room seemed like it was set up as some sort of gym, with exercise equipment scattered all over the place.

"Shayla! Are you in the practice room again?!" It was the voice of a human boy, about the age of ten. He wandered into the room the young woman was standing in, and walked right past her, not seeming to notice her at all.

Strange... she thought, but shook it off.

He walked over to a young girl, about his same age, that she had not seen in the room before. The little girl was petite, with long blonde hair up in a ponytail and deep blue eyes. She wore common clothes suitable for play. She was working fiercely trying to complete some sort of work out, but stopped when the other approached. "What is it Shawn?" she asked, panting to catch her breath.

"Come on Shayla, let's go to the swimming hole with the others. Master Skywalker says that you've done enough practicing for the day."

"But it's not good enough yet!" she growled.

"Oh come on...we want you there. And you know that I do. Come on, Sis."

The little girl sighed. "Oh, allright Shawn. Let's go."

The little girl and boy walked out of the room.

Mystified, the young woman proceeded to follow after the children to see what would happen next.

The names of the two children sounded so familiar, as if she'd just heard them yesterday. Shawn and Shayla...Shayla and Shawn...

[ 06-04-2001: Message edited by: Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

[ 06-04-2001: Message edited by: Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.17
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 06-04-2001 01:07 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Although Cella and Logan had looked through many histories of many Sith Temples, they seemed to be getting nowhere with finding ONE temple that looked like the one from Thea's memory.

This was getting worse all the time.

The four of them, with Jeroc carrying a lifeless-looking Thea, stopped on a small planet to refuel, freshen up, and grab a bite to eat. From there Cella didn't know what they would do.

Cella felt as though they weren't doing something they should in not following the original shuttle that Shayla seemed to have been taken to.

But Shayla's not there anymore, Cella thought frowning. Although whoever is on that ship must know what happened to her from there.

It was then that Cella came to a drastic decision. "I think we should split up."

Logan spat out a What!? and Jeroc just looked at her inquistively, but silently listened for a reason.

Damn you, Jeroc, Cella thought, smiling slightly. Always playing the part of the solid listener, never speaking without thought, always giving a person time to reason their thoughts out. Just once I wish you'd tell me what you really feel.

But back to the matter at hand. "I want you to take the Pride of Yavin and look for Shayla in every Sith Temple you can find. Take Thea with you," she said, motioning to the still sleeping child. "Maybe if you can get her back she will be of help."

Logan suddenly perked up when Cella mentioned that they take the Pride of Yavin. She never let anybody pilot it but herself, and certainly never let it out of her sight. And it honestly pained her to think of letting the ship go, but she had a feeling this had to be done.

Jeroc gave her a And what about you? look.

"I'm going to stay here, find a pilot with a good fast ship, and follow that shuttle that Shayla was last seen on. I have a bad feeling that if we don't pursue it, we'll miss some clues that we need to find Shayla."

Jeroc seemed a bit hesitant at leaving Cella alone, and probably didn't know if it was wise for her to just trust anyone...but then again, he knew Cella wouldn't do that. If she needed either he or Logan, she knew how to contact them. Finally he agreed to it.

The four of them split on their seperate ways, Jeroc, Thea and Logan to find Shayla and Cella to find a navigator.

Now...to find someone who seemed trustworthy enough to work with, Cella thought to herself. Hopefully this wouldn't take her too long...

[ 06-04-2001: Message edited by: Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.158.17
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 06-04-2001 02:29 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
OOC: Since Tina wrote for Jeroc (Blake asked her to), why don't you write for him now, instead of making him never talk, since you're writing for Tina's characters....

[ 06-08-2001 07:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Admiral Actar ]

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.133.250.112
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 06-04-2001 03:24 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
OCC: I'll ask him. But currently since I've sent Logan and Jeroc off on their own, I don't have to *not talk for him anymore. Graysith and I have made some...arrangements...

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-04-2001 07:55 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: *Snickers darkly behind hand...*))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.101.166
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 06-05-2001 07:37 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I sauntered along the walkway of this backwater little town in this backwater little continent on this backwater (ad nauseum) little planet I currently found myself on. Normally a place like this wouldn't attract gorflue gnats, much less my attention, but if this was where the Bry'llth Corporation wanted its merch delivered, then who was I to point out its remission in facilities? The thought prompted my one hand to sneak against my side where my credit pouch hung, satisfyingly plump. I could always go off to the Corporate Center; they had plenty of casino resorts there.

But for now, whatever little dive I could find here would have to suffice. I had just finalized my delivery; will wonders ever cease? The Corp had no other requests of me, so I was a free bird. Normally I would have put up a bit of a complaint; no credits to be earned running an empty ship, but there was something to be said about running legally... and with enough credits to see me six ways from sundown.

That thought put enough bounce in my step I had to consciously force myself to settle down. That's a good way for a man and his credits to be parted... not that I couldn't, er-- assure that they wouldn't be parted from me. There weren't many I had run across who could match my blaster skills... and that was but one of the weapons I had more than a nodding acquaintance with. A guy's got to be able to take care of himself, in this day and age....

I continued meandering along, glancing now and again at the faded signs that wearily beckoned passersby to enter into one establishment after another. "Calnath's Jewelers," (whatta joke, I had already checked them out; nothing but heat-treated and foil backed glassine facets, shown in doctored lighting); "Beylindar's Clothier;" "Blue Asteroid, Fine Cuisine and Aqua Spirits."

The latter brought me to a halt, my stomach obligingly starting to growl. I had been heading to where my lil fighter was docked, but... I checked my chrono... I had time for a bite. My stomach reminded me again that if I would be good to it, it would be good to me. I smiled, and entered the dingy doors.

Inside, I found even dingier surroundings. Dusty stone parquet flooring held up mock-marble tables with Flyyrb-tree wooden chairs. Sad pictures of nebulae and asteroid fields sprinkled the walls, grimly portraying themselves to the few gentles who were ignoring them completely.

At least the chairs were nice...

...and as I entered, I saw one looking very nice in particular. The one snugged up to the table in the corner, occupied by a nice-looking young woman about five years younger than me.

The sorrow on her face made her look three times my age; the depthless determination in her eyes was ageless. I slid into a chair, not too far yet not conspicuously close to where she sat nursing a glass of... egad, was that mynock milk? I didn't think anyone this side of the Nebular Core could stomach that stuff... she must be tougher than she looked.

I slouched comfortably back in my chair, and waved down the Twi'lek waitress. She hurried my way, her leku and menus waving, her mouth sputtering apologies and the daily special. I barely heard her, as I kept a furtive--at least I hoped it was furtive!-- eye peeled toward the woman, wondering if I ought to get up and introduce myself. There was something about her that made me want to do that. The more I studied her, the more I began to realize she looked as though she had just lost her best friend.

Now, I'm not one to go getting myself involved with other peeps. No can do that, and continue to run the merch that I do. It's not wise, nor safe. Besides, I had had too many "close calls" with those of the feminine persuasion... I could easily run out of fingers ticking off those I had left broken-hearted (ok, maybe just rancor-mad) on one planet after another.

No reason to get up, no cause to meet this one. Yaoksi, ol buddy, just eat your nerf tenderloin, drink your Alderaanian ale, pay the check and get up and go.

Then why did I find myself looking more and more in this woman's direction?

[ 06-05-2001: Message edited by: Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.197.62
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 06-05-2001 11:05 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Cella sat there feeling lonely and sipping her drink, wondering how she was going to find just the right navigator for her journey, she noticed the man across the way...staring at her no less.

She was no idiot, and she wasn't up for dealing with a smart-mouthed pilot who wanted to flirt, but even so she couldn't deny the Force was leading her to this guy. He seemed very michevious, but he did have the look of one who had been many places and seen many things.

So what if he didn't look exactly like what she had imagined? The Force had a tendency to lead one in ways that were not as originally planned, and besides, she could take on an ego-driven male so long as he had a good mode of transportation.

Very well then, Cella thought, I'll talk to him.

She got up from her chair and wandered over to him, feeling pretty stupid. What was she going to say? He watched her as she made her way over, and seemed somewhat surprised that she had singled him out.

Just be straight to the point, Cella, she thought to herself.

"My name is Cella Polliani. I'm looking for a navigator with a ship who would be able to help me trail someone," she explained. And I'm willing to pay anyone willing to help me," she added on a sidenote.

That was all he needed to know just yet. She would first wait and see what his response was to that before filling him in on the rest...

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.105.49
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-05-2001 11:51 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Well, I'll be a ply'kk-bitten ronto...

My immediate reaction was to give this little looker my usual once-over, head cocked to match the eyebrows, mouth widening in a calculatingly widening grin, but oddly enough, as I saw her heading my way I refrained from all the above.

There was...something about her that made me want to put on my best bib and tucker. I don't know what it was, but I suddenly found myself wondering if I had bothered to comb my hair.

I sat up a bit straighter in my chair, trying to look natural for a change. Certain that I was failing miserably in the attempt, I went to "Plan B," slouching back again with the look on my face my ship was named after. I toyed with my ale, listening to her somewhat surprising words.

Her small addendum that she would pay for my transporting her was almost an afterthought to the credits I had on my person. But credits are credits, and there was something about this lady that made me want to get to know more about her.

I leaned back even more, and ran a finger around the rim of my glass.

"I might be... persuaded to taking you on," I began, keeping my voice toned as though it wouldn't matter to me one way or another. "I just happen to have a free spot in my schedule at the moment."

Youksi, ol bro, what ARE you doing? Trying to impress this one with your witty acumen? SHEESH....

I sat up, and leaned forward over the table. For a moment, I just studied her; then abruptly, before I could do anything as hideous as blush, I stuck out my hand.

"The name's Yaoksi, Yaoksi Joao." Cautiously, I let out as natural a smile as I could. (I had almost forgotten how to do that...) "Maybe you might want to tell me exactly who I would be helping you trail?"

I then sat there, hand outstretched, the closest thing to an earnest expression I have had on my face in a Hutt's age, waiting to hear this one out... as well as already knowing what my answer would be.

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.195.201
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 06-06-2001 02:27 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea somehow felt herself getting very tired, to the point where she could no longer keep her eyes open. She collapsed in sleep, but she could still hear and feel everything going on around her. She lost contact while Shayla for a moment and wanted to scream out but couldn't. She found her again and tried to tell her what was going on and find out where she was but couldn't, it felt as if the monster was trying to pull Shayla from her. Thea felt as if her body was dead around her but she fought with her mind to keep Shayla until the thing over powered them. She felt a hand on her head and one of the Jedi trying to get info from her that way. Thea tried to pull up anything she thought they would need into her immediate thoughts to help them find it. Then the exhaustion she had felt before took over and she lost contact with everything.

The next thing Thea knew she was being carried by a man, she wasn't sure who, but she could feel the muscles in his arms around her. She tired to move but her body felt distanced from her mind and she couldn't gain control over it. She tried reaching out to anyone with her mind but it was like grasping the air to stop yourself from falling. As she struggled to find someone, anyone, she recognized a faint whisper of her friend. Shayla must have broken whatever split them apart but now it seemed as if she was no longer in a place they could reach. Panicked Thea tried to fight the sleep that held her, pushing against the invisble wall that kept her mind trapped away from her body.

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 216.238.140.123
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 06-10-2001 11:39 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cella figured she might as well be up front and honest. She had a feeling that no matter what she said that this was the navigator, and that he would help her out.

"Well," she started out. "I'm a Jedi who teaches at the Yavin IV Academy. One of our students was taken from us, and the ship I want to trail was her last known location."

Yaoksi leaned forward a little, seeming interested.

"Although Shayla-that's the student's name- is older, she's still not trained, and her captor is certainly a Dark Force user. And we've lost Shayla in the Force. She's in trouble."

Yaoksi nodded thoughtfully.

"Shayla may not be on this ship anymore, but if I'm going to find her at all, I think my best bet is to trail this ship. And I can't do that without your help. So, can you help me out?"

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.105.108
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 06-11-2001 12:12 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She watched the young children play at the swimming hole, but she had a feeling all along that something was troubling the little girl...Shayla.

But why did she know that? Why did she have such a connection with this young little girl?

Still curious, she stayed with Shawn and Shayla when the other children finally left the swimming hole to get ready for dinner. Shayla was sitting on the side of the swimming hole, letting her feet dangle over into the cool water. She had her elbows on her knees, and her head in her hands. Shawn, who was still in the water, finally jumped out and sat next to her, putting a concerned look on his face.

"Shayla, what is it? I know you've been upset all week. Now what is up?"

"I was just thinking...maybe I don't belong here. I'm just not good enough..."

"Don't think that way," Shawn said, shaking his head. "You're one of the best students at the Academy. You get the best marks in our classes, and you work the hardest."

"But Shawn, I don't feel it like you and the others do. You live and breath the Force. I just don't."

"Well, maybe you try too hard. Just try to enjoy it more. And talk to Master Skywalker. He can help you."

Shayla looked over at Shawn for the first time since he'd sat next to her. She had a few tears in her eyes. "Okay, I'll try. But you gotta help me."

"And you'll talk to Master Skywalker or one of the other teachers?"

Shayla hesitated, but nodded finally. "Yeah, I will."

This whole thing was getting stranger all the time.

What all does this mean? And why am I seeing this? the woman wondered as she watched.

After the two children left, she took off her boots, sat by the swimming hole, and dangled her feet in the water like the little girl had done.

Why did she feel like she had once been here? And why did she feel like she had even been here not all that long ago? She didn't even know who she was or what she was doing here, let alone if she'd actually ever been here before. But still...

A flash of an image...a young boy with strange eyes ran through her memory. Although he seemed a bit unusual to her, somehow the memory warmed her a little even though she was feeling very alone and frightened.

But who was he and what did he have to do with where she was now?

She sat there trying to piece the whole thing together until the sun began to go down, and she realized how very tired she was. Not knowing where else to go, she wandered to the doors of a very large building...a temple of some sort, and pushed the door open, desperately seeking refuge.

No one seemed to be in tbe hall, and as before, no one seemed to notice her. Somehow even this place began to seem familiar, as though it were somehow in her past. She roamed through the halls until she found an empty room.

Feeling relieved, She stepped in, closed the door, and walked over to the bed. She took her boots off once again and unmade the neatly kept bed. Completely exhausted, she laid down on it, pulled the covers over her, and fell immediately into a deep, peaceful sleep...

[ 06-11-2001 12:18 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.108
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-11-2001 01:31 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Usually I would make a client hang a bit, dangling uncertainly in a coolly calculated hiatus while I let him or her gradually come to the conclusion that I wasn't gonna do nothin until the price was hiked. But this lady hadn't even offerred a set retainer; she just cut to the chase and calmly set forth the paradigms I would be adhering to.

A Darkside user? A tiny portion of my brain was screaming loudly, waving both arms frantically for attention; all the while warning bells and whistles were bleeping and wailing.

I ignored them completely. OK, Yaoksi ol bud, so if you take this lady on, there's a good chance you're gonna be sneaking out and rubbing more than just your elbows with something pretty dangerous. But this gal's a Jedi--wow, what did I ever do right in this Universe to warrant this meeting?

I shook my head slightly, irked at how easily my thoughts had derailed. I wasn't like that; a spice runner didn't stay a spice runner very long if he wasn't anything but completely focused an in command of himself at all times. But there was something about this ginger-haired beauty....

I snorted, then raised a hand to my mouth, trying to disguise the snort as a cough. It transmuted to a choked garble. A touch embarrassed, I quickly stood up, and leaned forward over the table. This woman, Cella, remained seated, cool as a korsammer, eyeing me with those liquid eyes she had, waiting for my answer.

Somehow, I knew she knew what I was gonna say, just as I knew what my response would be when she first brought up the subject. There was no way in the Galaxy I was gonna let this lady walk away from me. And I knew dead straight that she would easily see through any facade I could erect.

I sighed a little, inwardly. Guess you're gonna have to start acting more... real, I suppose is the correct word. Wonder if I remember how to do that....

"OK, Cella, you've got yourself a pilot. But let's get one thing straight." I did my best to put on a stern yet sincere demeanor. "Onboard my ship, I am Master, and I don't care if you're Luke Skywalker himself. You do what I say, when I say, and you don't ask any questions, or give any orders. I'll take you where you want, but my hide and the skin of my ship come first.

"At the first sign we're in serious trouble, I'll haul us back into the Safety Zone. Savvy?

"Now, c'mon." I tossed a handful of credits on the table for the Twi'lek to deal with; Sheesh, Yaoksi, you left a big enough tip, didn't you? What gives here? "If we're gonna go, there's no better time than the present.

"Let me take you to my ship."

Without bothering to see if she was taken aback, amused, angered or what, I just up and strode out of the Blue Asteroid. Then I smiled to myself, my heart suddenly a little lighter than it had been in years, when the slight clatter of bootheels informed me she was right behind me. Not daring to turn around, I wended my way amidst the native and alien peeps which crammed the narrow walkway. Directly ahead was the port where the "WannaBee" was docked.

I led her to it, then turned to face her at last. With a wave of my hand, I indicated my little Imperial fighter.

"Well, whaddya think? Shall we depart this rock and see what slimeballs have been troubling you so?"

Inwardly, I was rolling on the floor with laughter at the expression on her face. I remained silent though, waiting for her reply.

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.102.153
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 06-12-2001 01:53 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cella tried to contain the look of total surprise but she knew she was failing miserably, judging from the humored expression on Yaoksi's face.

He's really enjoying this.

Cella choked down the urge to say "What a piece of junk" and changed her look to a more impartial and unreadable expression.

"Looks like we'll be needing every second possible to catch up," Cella quipped. "Let's get going."

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.104.104
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 06-12-2001 03:37 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
When you are stuck in that place between time where everything is turned around and you don't know it-where dreams are reality and wakefulness is a dream-everything tends to take you by surprise.

So when the dreams finally started coming to her, the young woman had no idea what she was dreaming was the present.

She saw a Jedi Master and an apprentice-the boy with unusual eyes from earlier-on a trip with a small young girl who appeared to be sleeping soundly. They seemed to be searching for something...or someone. They seemed to be struggling to achieve their goal, but they continued on.

She also saw in her dreams a woman with ginger-colored hair who was with a man, some sort of pilot she guessed. The woman too was seeking someone, and she was on the trail of a shuttle...

A very familiar shuttle. A place that the young woman was certain she had been before. In fact, it seemed to be one of the last memories she had before time seemed to have evaporated...

She woke up very confused and feeling like she had just fallen asleep. Even so, the sun was rising. Although she seemed to be in the same room where she had fallen asleep the evening before, something was different about the place.

She sat up and slowly shoke the rest of sleep from her head, knowing that she would once again be a spectator of a world in which she somehow did not seem to exist.

With that in mind, she swung her feet over the bed, ran a hand through her ruffled her to smooth it out, and put her boots back on. She was curious as to what scenes she would see today...

[ 06-12-2001 11:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.104.104
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-14-2001 12:04 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A small frown wrinkled my brow in response to the succinct statement Cella calmly spoke. For some unfathomable reason I wanted her to say... something else.

I cleared my throat, opened the hatch, and bowing at the waist, indicated she enter before me. "Welcome to the WannaBee," I muttered, trying to smile an invitation. "I hope you don't mind being... cozy."

I straightened up as she passed and watched her calmly step into the little TIE-fighter. It didn't take her long to install herself in the modified seat I had placed next to that of the pilot's. She didn't say another word, just got in and settled down as best she could in the cramped quarters.

I shook my head slightly, and hoisted myself aboard. Taking the pilot's seat next to her, I began strapping in, turning a bit to flash my most devastating smile in her direction. The smile wavered just a bit at the uninterrupted silence she continued to throw my way.

OK, sweetie, if that's the way you want it... I gave my harness a very brief but very intense scrutiny, ending with a couple of vicious yanks to tighten it. Then I turned to her, once again under a semblance of control. "Shall we go?" I asked lightly.

She merely looked first at me, then out through the forward viewport. I heaved a small sigh, and directed my attention to matters at hand. Playing my console like a Bith plays his fanfar, I requested and obtained departure clearance. Then with a quick little jerk, we were airborne.

OK, so maybe I was a little heavy-handed on the controls. Maybe I took the departure vector a tad too steep.

And maybe I wasn't really as gladdened as I thought I would be when I saw her knuckles turn white with the strength of the grip she gave the arms of her seat. I eased back on the controls a bit.

"You might want to tighten your harness," I offered into the tomblike silence. "The pausal layers of this planets atmosphere are really turbulent. We might be in for a bumpy--"

My words were no sooner out of my mouth when they were abruptly truncated, as the fighter bounced and swayed as though attached to the invisible strings of some master puppeteer. Cella jounced with the movements, bumping into me and making me suddenly very aware of her unaccustomed presence in my little craft....

Business, Yaoksi; remember, it's business...

Gradually, as the upper regions of the atmosphere were gained, the molecular density tapered off as did the turbulence. Soft blue-gray was replaced with crystalline black, dotted with every color of the rainbow and then some.

I adjusted a control, and the little TIE fighter leapt ahead like a pod racer leaps from the starting line. Soon we had left the planet and it's gravity well far behind. I flipped the auto-pilot, and wriggled back a bit in my seat, sighing with satisfaction. It didn't matter if I had authorities or the light of a system's stellar on my tail, I really enjoyed take-offs.

Still glowing with the heady rush, I turned slightly to face her. "Ok, Cella," I began. "We have a little trip ahead of us. You might want to help pass the time by letting me know exactly where it is we are going to go."

I then did my best to position myself in my habitual, comfortable slouch, one finger idly tracing star patterns on the viewport, the other hand resting lightly on the butt of my blaster... and, incidentally, brushing lightly against the side of her leg as well.

Sure was cramped in here....

[ 06-14-2001 12:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.199.164
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 06-14-2001 11:47 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
follow Terrin Danner to Ambria.

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.104.104
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 06-14-2001 12:36 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cella kept herself from sighing as they took off from the planet, gripping the sides of her chair as the ride became even more bumpy.

She should have asked what type of ship Yaoksi had before she accepted the offer. But then again, she was the one that asked him for a ride in the first place. She wished she hadn't given Jeroc and Logan the [iPride of Yavin[/i], but there were three of them and only one of her. Besides, if they found Shayla at all, they would probably need a better ship.

Shayla...

Cella kept herself from shuddering as she realized she hadn't felt the young woman's presence since she'd left Yavin IV. But somehow she know Shayla was out there somewhere. Where in the Force she was though, Cella couldn't guess. Maybe Jeroc had a better lock on Shayla's presence than she did, and would have a better chance of finding her...

She was interrupted from her thoughts by Yaoksi, who was trying to make himself comfortable in the very tight quarters of the ship.

"Ok, Cella," Yaoksi said, "We have a little trip ahead of us. You might want to help pass the time by letting me know exactly where it is we are going to go."

Yikes. That she hadn't thought of before. How in Sith's name was she going to tell him where to go? Cella wondered to herself.

There was only one really good way to find that ship, and Cella knew she'd have to trust herself enough to find that dark presence again and lock in on it.

Cella tried to ignore the fact that Yaoksi's hand was touching her leg as she tried to focus.

This guy is worse than Logan when it comes to thinking all the ladies want him.

She brushed that wandering thought aside and refocused on the task at hand.

And finally she sensed it. The location she was picking up was so unusual that at first she wanted to doubt it. This is not the time to doubt yourself, Cella, she told herself. The darkside presence was there, she was sure...although it seemed somehow muted. Maybe it was the distance, or maybe the user was not as actively using the Darkside as before...

Either way, it didn't matter. That was their destination.

"We are heading for the Yappyh Sector," she said, trying to sound as certain of herself as possible.

Yaoksi looked at her, arching his eyebrows in surprise.

And Cella understood why. The Yappyh Sector was in the Outer Rim. In fact, it was so far out that few people ever ventured there at all. Furthermore, there was very little going on in the sector. Then again, things weren't always what they seemed.

Cella decided she'd address the unspoken thought. "I know it's a long way out, and it's a very strange destination. But you've gotta trust me, the ship I want to follow is there."

And you've gotta trust yourself too, Cella... she added wordlessly.

[ 06-14-2001 12:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.104.104
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-14-2001 01:28 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Yappyh sector?!

I arched my brow in surprise, staring at Cella. The look on her face was utterly sincere; nope, she wasn't pulling my leg.

I-- on the other hand-- was still brushing hers.

Starting a little guiltily as I noticed this, I pulled my hand away from my blaster (and her leg), trying to make the furtive gesture look naturally smooth, and less like the instinctively respectful one that it really was.

Sheesh, Yaoksi, what are you doing? That's not like you....

I cleared my throat in another attempt to divert her attention-- and my own --from my hand. I knew she was keenly aware of it though, simply by how calmly she was ignoring it.

"Uh-" I began, "the Yappyh sector? What in the name of all the spice on Kessel is way out there?

"Besides trouble," I finished lamely. I shook my head. Yapphy was far enough away from the local spacelanes that I knew if anything nasty happened, there would be no authorities to assist us. As much as I disliked rubbing elbows with them on any occasion, I had discovered they were useful the few times I had encountered various pirates in the course of my career. To be totally away from any help, and on our own...

Well, it wouldn't be the first time. And I wasn't totally helpless at that. Besides, I had taken her on as paid transport. I might be known hither and yon for a great many things, but backing out on my word wasn't one of them.

I straightened up in my seat. "OK, sister," I said more firmly. "To Yappyh we go. But if we wanna get there in our lifetimes, we're gonna need a faster ship."

I grinned a little as I homed in on an approaching asteroid field my proximity sensor was weeping about. Artfully dodging the errant objects as we headed deep into the field (which chased the color completely out of Cella's face), I whipped around a particularly potato-shaped one, zipped between a gravitationally bound pair, and zeroed in one one the size of a small moon.

We zoomed directly toward it, aiming for the ancient lair of a long-defunct space slug (compliments of yours truly... Hey! A guy grabs hidey-holes wherever and and however he can find them, and sometimes the appropriation of said hidey-hole needs a little "inspirational staking out.").

About 5% of my concentration removed itself from the task at hand to observe my passenger's reaction to the sight below us, and one growing bigger in the forward viewport by the second. I grinned a little, enjoying this thoroughly.

We barreled down the yawning tunnel bored by the slug, finally slowing down as we entered a cavern whose immense size could be literally felt, even in the pitch darkness we were in. In another totally instinctive motion, I flipped on the forward hull light I had installed on "WannaBee."

There ahead of us, hovering in the zero-gravity of this hidden spot, and waiting for us with open arms was my Marauder-class corvette, modifications and all. I waved my hand a little grandly.

"Welcome to the Devil-May-Care," I announced, not without some pride in the tone of my voice. I then completely focused on the delicate task of docking a TIE-fighter with it's parent ship inside several kilometers of solid rock.

[ 06-14-2001 02:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.199.176
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 06-16-2001 07:26 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cella had to admit, the shuttle was very impressive. And whether it was fully armed or not, it would still make a nice impression on whoever they were trailing and dealing with.

And at least I won't have to sit in a cramped modified Tie, she reminded herself.

This change in transport would also allow her to be in contact with Jeroc and Logan, which she wanted more than anything. She tried to tell herself that it was only because they were out looking for Shayla too, and she wanted to stay in contact, but there was more. She and Jeroc had been training students at the Praxeum together for quite a while now, and she had to admit that she was very found of him.

But that didn't mean she was ready to admit that to anyone else, YET.

But for now reminding herself of a possible interest in Jeroc was good for her with Yaoksi trying his hardest to flirt with her. She had to remain at a distance from him.

But still, she could at least try to be a little more civil. After all, he was giving her transport, even if he was getting payed. This would be no easy job.

"Nice transport," Cella said, finally smiling at him a little. "I think it'll do quite nicely."

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.156.100
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 06-16-2001 08:05 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Once she felt like she had straightened herself up as much as she could, the young woman wandered out of the bedroom where she had been sleeping and got only so far as a few rooms down the hallway when she saw one of the pair she was looking for.

Sitting in a bedroom similiar to the one she had just left was the little boy from the day before, Shawn. Only now he wasn't quite so much of a little boy, he was growing into a young man. He sat there fiddling with his hands and looking a little upset.

She wondered what was the matter.

About this time, Shayla walked in. She had under her arm a purple helmet, and was clad in a silver flightsuit. Behind her trailed a purple and silver R2 droid, whistling and beeping in a merry tone.

"Yes Izzy, we did have fun today," the girl said, turning for a moment and smiling at the little droid.

She stepped into the room, only to find Shawn sitting there waiting for her.

"Hi, Shawn," she said happily, sitting down on the bed next to him. Then she noticed his demeanor. "What's wrong?"

"You weren't supposed to go out in your X-wing, Shayla," he said, looking sternly at her.

"Shawn, I haven't been out in weeks. I need to keep my skills up, and we have the day off. I'm not going to sit around and waste time when I can be out flying," she said angrily.

"But Master Skywalker said..."

"That I need to concentrate on feeling the Force more fully," Shayla finished, cutting her twin off. "Did it ever occur to any of you that I feel most in tune with the Force when I fly? How will I ever transfer it everyday life if I'm not allowed to experience it in the situations that I can?"

Shawn sighed. "But it's not safe..."

"It's as safe as me sitting here meditating. Maybe even safer, since up there I'm armed. When are you going to learn to trust my judgement?"

"I trust your judgement. But you don't trust yourself"

Shayla seemed thrown by that statement. "Of COURSE I do."

"Then why do you train endlessly in everything that you do--lightsaber technique, telekenesis, flying--and never think you're good enough? You could fly an X-wing in your sleep, Shayla. But still you insist on practicing in order to 'keep up your skills'. You don't believe in the talents that you possess."

"It's easier said than done," she said, frowning.

"That's why you aren't supposed to be out flying, Shayla. You have to give yourself time to trust yourself and know that you've learned all these things as best as you can. You've gotta meditate in the Force and get in tune enough with yourself to know that you are ready for the situations that you may face."

Shayla had to admit that he was making sense. But habits were hard to break, and she didn't like the idea of not making sure she was ready and idly sitting back when she had to be ready for anything. Still, she had to appease him. "I'll try to do more meditation and not go flying," she said.

Shawn knew better. He knew she was once again aiming to please him, and be the best she could be. He wondered what it would take to change her ways. "Yeah," he replied numbly.

"I WILL," she reiterated.

He nodded, trying to look a little more upbeat. "I trust you to do the right thing, Shayla."

As the woman watched this exchange between the two, she realized that she knew the feelings of Shayla, and that she could tell by the look in Shawn's eyes how he was feeling as well. She wondered how it was that she could do this...how it was that she knew these people so well.

There was something she was supposed to be getting from all of this, she was sure of it now. But what that might be, she wasn't sure of.

She was sure it would only be a matter of time befor she would understand...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.100
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 06-17-2001 01:41 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I somehow managed to rear back in my seat, simultaneously setting the WannaBee down in the docking bay of Devil-May-Care and shooting a somewhat affronted stare at Cella.

Transport? Transport! I bet she thinks my baby is some kind of fleebin' shuttle...!

I opened my mouth to begin spouting off remonstrative explanations of my corvette, thank you very much... but stopped. For a moment I just looked at her, mouth agape. I closed it, choking back my words.

No sense beginning our journey by flying off the handle, ol buddy, I thought to myself, trying to smooth my ruffled feathers. It was taking every bit of willpower I had; hey, I couldn't help how I felt about Devil-May-Care. I had owned her for quite some time, and had put a lot of blood and sweat and modifications into her... and she had saved my hiney on more than one occasion.

I managed a smile. "This...corvette, all 195 meters of her, can hyper through space in less parsecs than any other ship around... maybe better than the old Millennium Falcon." I paused for breath, waiting for her to obligingly fill the momentary gap with a dutiful "ooh" or interested question.

She didn't say one word, but I thought I detected a smile niggling around the corners of her mouth.

I snorted, and popped the hatch of WannaBee. Clambering out, I then turned and extended a hand in helping her follow. She was nice enough to oblige; the coolness of her hand in mine sent a jolt clean through me, all the way to my toes. I hastily averted my gaze, trying to fight against this.

Sheesh, Yaoksi, what gives with you? I wondered. Maybe it was me... or maybe it was her. Who knew what the heck powers Jedi had at their disposal. Maker knows I didn't understand all this mystical "Force" stuff; give me a good blaster and a fast ship, now that I understand. But for all I knew, the responses I was experiencing in her direction might just be relative to her being a Jedi. I might be simply reacting to this... this Force they all used with such lack of effort.

Or perhaps not.

I shrugged mentally, and finished assisting her from the little fighter. "C'mon," I said, turning from her. "Lemme show you to your quarters."

As we left the docking bay I pointed to where the WannaBee's counterpart, the Bee sat, sleek and deadly looking. No mere TIE fighter, that baby was an interceptor. Heavily modified of course. I opened my mouth to go into my spiel about her, but refrained. I didn't want to overwhelm Cella with the armament at our disposal.

"No matter what or who we run up against, I think we're gonna come out ahead," I settled for. She smiled at that, and I led her on.

I watched her eyes widen as we made our way through a majority of the the Devil-May-Care's length. Heh... I don't think she had truly realized how big she was. Coming into her presence as we did sort of, well, fore-shortened her. I smiled a little, basking in the knowledge that she approved of my ship.

As well as in the knowledge that it was more than capable of keeping her safe during her quest.

At the entry to the guest quarters, I stopped. "Here's where you'll be staying," I said, uncomfortably aware of how shallow that sounded. "Ahh-hhh... there's a comlink system in there. If there's anything you want, just holler, ok?"

I opened the door, and she entered. For a moment I stood there foolishly, my hand still on the frame. She stopped, her back still to me; then the door whooshed shut.

The smile planted on my face as I turned from her quarters surprised even me. I let it linger there a few seconds, then got myself under control.

No time for mooning; we had to hit the Yappyh sector. Whatever and whoever for... now, that was the crux.

I made my way to the bridge, and fired up the systems. Soon the ancient den in the even more ancient asteroid was aflame with the energies of my thrusters, and we shot out and into the relative freedom of the asteroid field itself. A bit of fancy maneuvering, and we had left it in our stardust.

Soon the stars themselves stretched into hyperdriven majesty, and we were on our way.

[ 06-17-2001 01:59 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.197.197

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05