my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Announcements   » The Holonet Boards   » New House Time!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: New House Time!!!!
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 11-18-2009 08:28 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I am closing on my house tomorrow afternoon. This means I will be moving this coming weekend. Because the bedrooms need new flooring and furniture will be shifted every which way in the process, it may be a week or so before I can get my internet back up and going. I will hijack my parent's internet as much as possible and keep you updated on the internet. Just so glad this is all coming to a close!!! Bear with me while I get moved in and settled, I'll be in full posting force by Christmas break!!!

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-20-2009 09:31 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congrats on your new house! We'll look forward to your posting return soon!

Have fun moving!

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 11-28-2009 01:15 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, just an update:

I should have internet access by Wednesday the 2nd. I am going to see if I can err... "borrow" some access from my neighbors in the meantime. Right now it is all about paint, paint, and more paint! Just wanted you to know I'm still around and should be back in action soon!!! Thanks for being patient!

--------------------

~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-01-2009 11:33 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, I saw a pic of your house on Facebook. You said something there about carpet. I sure hope you're not going to cover up all that lovely hardwood/laminate flooring!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 12-02-2009 06:13 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The wood stayed except for in the hallway where it wasn't laid well, I just put carpet in the bedrooms. I really like the wood (engineered wood) although I may eventually have to replace it with laminate-whoever put it down didn't do the greatest job.

And YES, the internet is finally up! I'll try to catch up with posting this weekend!

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 76.122.53.74
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-02-2009 10:46 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had laminate put into my living room, entryway, hallway and various and sundry closets. NOT A SINGLE REGRET. This stuff is TOUGH. I've already had a kitty accident: cat was trying to get to my jade tree and knocked the pot off the table. It was a terra cotta potting pot, you know, the garden kind. BIG AND HEAVY. It broke into a bunch of pieces, scattered dirt and jade tree all over.

The tree lived.

The floor was unmarred.

The cat got temporarily banished to the basement...

Looking forward to your return to posting. Me, I'm finished with labs until the very tail-end of January or very beginning of February!

--------------------

Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 12-04-2009 09:56 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll try to get going some this weekened. School will be out the 16th, so I KNOW some posting time is coming shortly...FINALLY! I have missed posting and chatting!!!!

And I think I may replace the current flooring with laminate in the future. It's a shame it wasn't taken care of and laid poorly, it really is nice flooring.

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 76.122.53.74

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05