my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Announcements   » The Holonet Boards   » Many, MANY Apologies

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Many, MANY Apologies
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 05-23-2009 10:14 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys, just wanted to give my apologies to EVERYONE regarding my extended absence in posting on the Pod. I'm back now and ready to get moving, it has been a crazy month or so in Special Education land. The county here is INSANE and thinks it is a good idea to have teachers rewrite ALL the education plans for students going from PreKindergarten to Kindergarten within the last month of the school year. And these things ARE LOOOOOONG! I've had one to two meetings every week since the first of May.

BUT THEY ARE OFFICIALLY FINISHED. I'm sorry I've been remiss in posting so long, and hopefully I will be making up that time gap now. I've already put in two posts, and there is at least one other character I want to get going again that I should be writing for this afternoon (or early evening). I'm logged onto AIM if you want to send me an IM and scream at me for not being around too, I understand!

Hope everyone can forgive me for the time out, and I look forward to getting back to the business of writing in the RPG!

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 05-26-2009 05:38 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just a heads up guys- I am leaving this afternoon to go to the Biltmore to see the gardens. I am highly doubting I will have internet access for a few days because we're staying up in the mountains; if I do I'll try to pop on. At any rate, we're going home on Saturday, so I should be back posting no later than Monday. I'll try to get back on Sunday since all my lesson plans for the year are now finished.

Just wanted to let you know. Looking forward to getting back into things ASAP!

--------------------

~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 05-30-2009 12:02 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Back! If anyone is interested I have some awesome pictures of the mountains and falls on Facebook. Gray, you'd LOVE the hiking opportunities in the Blue Ridge Mountains!

Trip Pictures

You have to log into Facebook to access the link, unfortunately. I am doing some research to figure out how to do this without logging in, there is supposed to be a way.

[ 05-30-2009 12:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 06-25-2009 12:03 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Allright, as if having my laptop under repair for a damaged LCD screen in Austin, TX wasn't enough, now my desktop is currently down. Whatever the heck a "unmountable boot volume" error is, I've got it. I've also got a potential way to fix the problem, but I'm short the installation disk that I need for repairs til I can get a hold of my brother and get it from him.

So in short I will be AWOL for a bit. Hopefully only a day or so if I can get the desktop running again.

Computers. When they work, you love them. When they don't, it's a pain in the butt!!!

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 06-29-2009 07:27 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just an update:

My motherboard on my desktop is fried. I still have no laptop. My brother is supposedly bringing me a backup desktop of his to use in the meantime but I've yet to see it.

So Grrr. Sorry about the delay. I have my school laptop to check email but I cannot use it for posting purposes or the like.

--------------------

Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 06-30-2009 11:54 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yo, Mara, PG says to check your hard drive. It might just be that. But in some instances apparently the hard drive controller is incorporated into the motherboard -- in this case you will need a new motherboard; however, he still says check your hard drive. In most cases like this, this is where the problem lies. You will need a new hard drive in this instance, and will pretty much lose everything you have on it. Unless someone you know can pull the data off the disk.

Motherboard frying is pretty serious and usually the last thing to consider; again, check the hard drive.

[ 06-30-2009 11:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 07-01-2009 12:05 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My motherboard was ancient as sin. It was shot and most likely caused the damage to the hard drive too. In fact, most of the computer I now am I is BRAND NEW. SHEESH, nothing like almost 300 dollars worth of parts to fix the problem!!! I'm installing updates and getting this thing going right now, should be back in action tomorrow, thankfully.

Thanks for hanging in there with me! I'm going to try to install Instant Messenger soon!

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-06-2009 11:13 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, now it's MY turn to apologize for being absent for so long! I'm in the middle of getting my house ready to have new flooring put in the front entryway, living room, hallway and various and sundry closets, which has meant a general rearrangement of my entire house. (Cleaning closets and ridding myself of old stuff, washing everything, sanding, priming, painting, ripping out carpet and nasty ancient underlayment, moving furniture all over the place, yadda yadda yadda the list goes on...)

ANYWAY. I'm coming around the final curve from the back stretch now; most of the doors are painted as are two of my living room walls. Two more doors to go (one has to be primed, oh goody) and then it's paint the rest of the walls and the hallway, YAY. Then I have to buy new baseboards, and paint them too so they can be installed when the floor comes. Rah again.

(Thank you PG for ALL THE MUSCLE and work you've provided me! )

But-- that's where I've been. The laminate gets delivered NEXT Monday, and installed on the following Thursday-Friday. I should have everything painted and finished by then (let's say I'D BETTER, lol!).

Hopefully I'll be back soon. I am SO loving having my living room stuff spread around into the kitchen, the bedrooms, and yes even the bathroom...

Oh yeah, Mara: I hope you got your computers up and running!

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 07-06-2009 02:38 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My desktop is up, but I think they must have ordered the parts for my laptop from Tahiti, because I'm still waiting on that. To top it off I will be moving in less than 2 weeks, and the repair place has the apartment addy to send the laptop back. So this should be loads of fun if I don't get the laptop back before I move. Grrr.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-07-2009 10:33 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WHOO-HOO!!! Only two more walls to paint, and finish up the entryway. But the hard part (read here woodwork, like windows and doorframes and all that) is done; the walls should go FAST.

(THANK YOU PG!!)

I'm taking a break, and so should be here later tonight and tomorrow night and Thursday. But somewhere I have to get baseboards so they can be primed, painted and have a chance to get mostly cured before next week Friday, which is when they will be put up.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 07-07-2009 11:41 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just a heads up I think I am moving most of my stuff into the house this weekend. I am going to try to get my cable transferred over there so I don't have any interruption of service, but I don't know if that'll be my luck. I"ll try to keep you all posted if I see that I might be without it a couple of days.

--------------------

Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 07-10-2009 02:32 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Internet status update: I am moving the computer tomorrow, but will be transferring services on Monday between 10 and 12. So I should be without internet less than 48 hours, and back in action (although unpacking and doing some final cleaning in my apartment) by no later than Monday at noon. Sheesh, they would have come out tomorrow, but the TV and PC haven't even been moved yet!

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-13-2009 09:34 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YAY, and hurrah!!

On my end, EVERYTHING is painted... FINALLY. Baseboards done and ready to go. Later today they are delivering the flooring, which will then be installed Thursday-Friday, so WHOO-HOO to that too!

On the down side, I got whammied really hard this weekend with a superbug from hell. I am still on the shakey side; I'll try to get to the Pod and write if I am up anywhere, but my head and stomach still aren't quite up to par. So my apologies to everyone; sheesh, maybe Mara will have everything back together on her end by the time I am feeling better, and maybe things will slow down a bit for PG at work and Cel too, LOL, and we can all finally get our acts together and do a little writing! Wouldn't that be refreshing!

Anyway, PG will be here this week Thurs-weekend, so maybe we can share my computer and get some writing done. I need muscle to move the couch and a chair around (Ok, so I could probably do the chair, hehe) while they're putting in the floor. There is just no place to put them otherwise, so they're still sitting in the living room. Most of my smaller items are crammed into my kitchen, where my computer center has found a permanent home (in order to make room for another couch). I'm sitting here typing this with my entertainment center and a corner table literally at my back, and my wittle min-pins kennel crunched at my side, LOL!!!

I'll be SOOOOO glad to get my house back!

--------------------

Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 07-13-2009 02:02 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, no internet until Tuesday between 8-10 am. Apparently there is no cable connection in the room where my PC is so they have to drop a wire down for me, which means another day's wait. Grrr. I am unpacking, packing, unpacking and trying to get the apartment looking all pretty so I don't get whammied with any lame charges from the complex. Other than that I should be around (although possibly still unpacking stuff) tomorrow. Cross your fingers that this sell goes throw, I NEVER WANT TO MOVE AGAIN, AT LEAST NOT FOR A LONG TIME!!!!

Good luck on the flooring and so forth Gray. Hope you get to feeling better too. No fun to be sick over summertime! Hope to see you all in cyberspace starting tomorrow!

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 07-14-2009 09:08 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Internet is up now.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-14-2009 10:45 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YAY -- glad you're finally back Mara!

My flooring is due to come TODAY now; the delivery guy was running late yesterday. He'd better get here so the stuff has time to acclimate, lol; I don't want to push the installation back into NEXT WEEK!!

I'll keep you all informed...

Meanwhile, I'm feeling a bit better today. I might even feel human again after a shower. Maybe I can dredge up a post or two, again, we'll see...

--------------------

Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 08-18-2009 09:50 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry I've been a bit slow in responding to posts this week. I'm not ignoring anyone; it's planning week and I'm trying to get my classroom presentable for parents on Friday for orientation. Our school is being retrofit for wireless so everything is a mess! On top of that I've got to convert my lesson plan to a new online system as well as work my gradebook in this new fancy-schmancy thing. Things should settle down more in a week. In the meantime, I will get here as often as possible. I'm also getting used to gettng up early again!!! Don't write me off!!!

--------------------

Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 01-31-2010 09:13 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi all--

Yes, I am still around and should be back posting within the week. My mom had major foot surgery a couple of weeks ago, and my assistant at work has been out for over 3 weeks. On top of that we are having a big conference at my church that I have been rehearsing for and will be playing in til Tuesday night.

DON'T GIVE UP ON ME, I'M STILL HERE. Should be back by this weekend. Sorry for the sudden silence!

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.53.74
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 02-08-2010 09:58 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Two posts up, more to follow in the next few days. Hope the couple that are up pay off some for my lack of posting the past few weeks, it has been wild here!!!

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 76.122.53.74
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 09-11-2010 10:55 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok... sometimes I really really hate my job. Sorry for the absence I've been busy with so much work lately. I should be able to get back to regular posting once this new training op ends next week. Once this one is over I'm done and will be checking out of my unit then in October moving back home then hopefully starting college in the spring. Now if only my Lieutenant will realize he should stop having me do everything so the new guys will learn to take my place. Either that or they will be royally screwed when they deploy to Afghanistan.

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 96.10.56.92
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 09-12-2010 05:45 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glad to hear you are OK, other than insanely busy! It's also exciting that you will be finishing up and maybe starting college. Looking forward to having you back in RP land!

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 76.122.53.74

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05