my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Announcements   » The Holonet Boards   » Mara where are you???

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Mara where are you???
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-21-2009 11:00 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You are up; PG and I have been waiting...

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 173.19.246.20
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 02-22-2009 03:19 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have been sick. Sick enough to actually take time off work. I am feeling better, finally. I will post tonight after all the lesson plans are finished.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-23-2009 12:38 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, glad to know you are feeling better now. What was wrong?

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 02-23-2009 04:04 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some uber-viral-cold thing that has been floating all over the school. I have never had my throat hurt so bad in my life and was certain I had strep (but didn't). By Thursday afternoon I had NO voice but didn't feel too bad. It was earlier in the week that I didn't sleep all night and called in by 6 am, which is unual for me. Took me all weekend to recover MOST of my voice and still having an annoying runny nose, but at least I can breath and talk now!

--------------------

~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-23-2009 04:59 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I'm heading into the doctor myself in a little while. Today I've been watching my temperature go from 97.3 up to 99.9, then back down again. Up and down all day long, ick. Not to mention chills, aches, headache, the usual flu-ish-ness. I'm heading into the doctor because I still have this damned vertigo which I've had since last MAY; HOPEFULLY they can figure out what the problem is and get rid of all these goofy symptoms.

Personally I think I have a whopper of an inner ear infection, which is slowly taking over my body, probably fueled by the stress I've been going through for the past seven weeks. I probably have like a zero white blood cell count!

But... yay rah...

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 02-24-2009 09:39 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hope the doctor figures out something that will help you, vertigo is terrible!!!

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-25-2009 12:36 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, my temp topped out at 101.6, and the doc put me on a 5-pak of Azithromycin (sp??). You take two the first day (ie: last night) and then one a day for four more days.

Wow. Super stuff.

Last night I thought I was going to die... just passed out on the couch for an hour, woke up, watched Bab5 for a bit, then staggered off to bed.

Woke up today feeling just fine, if a bit tired. Still a bit tired now, but other than that everything is functional, lol.

As I said, powerful stuff! As for the dizziness, he thinks it's paroxysmal vestibular positional disorder, or something like that, lol. Basically there are bits of calcium in part of your inner ear, which aids in how you sense the world through your ears. Sometimes they break away and "drift" into the semi-circular canals; they're ok there until you make a positional change. I get dizzy when I go from laying down to standing up, or vice versa. "Positional." The dizziness is short-lived. "Paroxysmal." And it's in my inner ear. "Vestibular." Yay, rah. I guess there's some kind of therapy where they put you through all kinds of positional changes to make the calcium bits move out of the canals and back into the other part of the inner ear, but I think I'm just gonna go to the gym and try somersaults and stuff, lol. Beats paying a $30 copay three times a week!

Now you know more about this than you ever wanted to know...

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 02-25-2009 12:51 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear abot the health problems going around and it seems like I might get to join the club. Found out I might have selective IGA defeciancy and have to get fun blood tests for it... Yea...

On a less gloomier note is it Link's turn to reply, I think the last comment was either to Erik or Yaoksi but I might be wrong.

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 64.255.180.72
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 03-23-2009 07:51 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry for once again being AWOL guys. To make a long story short, I totaled my 6-year old, paid for car in a wreck and have been dealing with straightening things out on that and buying a car. Now that things are settled (I think) life should get back to a more usual pace.

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 03-27-2009 07:16 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cel -- I'm not "overlooking" a reply. I'm just having problems coming up with one, so I'm thinking...

and thinking...

and thinking....

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05