my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Announcements   » The Holonet Boards   » APOLOGY

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: APOLOGY
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-27-2008 12:43 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys, I just want to say I'm sorry for my absence from the Pod lately. I've been hit by a double whammy: the semester end approaches, which always entails a major last minute flurry of activity. Also, our science fiction convention, DEMICON, is next weekend; I'm in three shows in it plus have a dealer's table. THAT'S been taking up much of my time: costuming, getting things ready to sell, and so on. Plus I joined a gym to keep in shape, and PG and I STILL hike on weekends.

(Hey, we found several shed antlers and two dead bucks, complete with their racks; these last two are at the taxidermist as I speak, LOL.)

Anyway, that's what is causing the gaps in my writing; after Demicon is over and things settle down I should be able to post on a steady basis again, yay!! I hope everyone else will be able to do so as well!

Oh yeah, the weekend after Demicon I am leaving to visit a friend in Ohio. I'll be gone a week, and more than likely won't be posting.

Just wanted to keep you all informed, and again, sorry I've not been around much lately. I feel I'm letting you guys down, especially Cel way over there in Iraq! ((Hang in there, I'll do my best to at least keep THAT thread going until summer officially hits.))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 04-27-2008 01:27 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's all good. With the IEP season in full swing and the end of my own college semester, the past two or three weeks have been pretty wild for me as well. I figured it was about convention time. Things should be settling here starting this week now that college is finished until August and I'm down to only 2 more IEPs to write. While you may still be sparse for the next couple of weeks I'll keep peeking in and reply as the opportunity becomes available.

Enjoy the conventions (and kick some butt while you are there!!!) and your visit to your friend in Ohio in the meantime.

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1189 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 04-27-2008 01:28 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Err, oops, I thought I switched IDs and now I'm too lazy to fix the post above to my general posting name. You all know it's me anyway.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-09-2008 11:47 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A belated thank you, Mara!

Ok, I am writing this sitting in my Super 8 hotel room in Council Bluffs, IA. I came here to be closer to the airport in Omaha, where I am flying from in the morning.

Just thought I'd say bye for now; I won't guarantee that I can get to a computer during the week I'm in Ohio, but I'll try. So Mara, PG, Cel... keep the Pod alive in my absence, LOL.

I will get back LATE next Sunday night, and I do mean LATE, so I don't know if I'll write then or not. More than likely it will be Monday the 19th.

SEE YOU ALL THEN (if not, hopefully, before)

~G

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 68.96.21.126
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-13-2008 05:12 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WELL--!! It's Tuesday evening, and I see no one has kept the Pod alive for me, LOL.

SO--

I'm gonna go write where I can!!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.31.90.107
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 05-13-2008 05:21 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, the next couple of weeks are probably going to be wild at work. Finishing up IEPs and getting paperwork done. I'll be doing some writing tonight myself here, however.

--------------------

~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 05-16-2008 04:16 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Allright, we know where Gray is...

...but where did everybody else go? HELLOOOO???? Anybody out there???

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-17-2008 12:14 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I think PG is up... PG WHERE ARE YOU???

And Cel, too, but he's in Iraq. Hope he's ok.

As for Ryk, I think I've given up on him. And Loban, I know you're reading, sorry but no go.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.31.90.102
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 05-17-2008 01:38 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry I've been busy at work recently and so tired afterwards that I just go back to my room and fall asleep instantly. Some weeks I have almost nothing then some weeks like this one I have lots of things to do.

On another note I really, REALLY, hate sandstorms... and Iraq.

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 192.156.58.34
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-19-2008 09:41 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
EWWWW---SANDSTORMS!!!

I know where you're coming from on that. I was stuck in one once, in southern New Mexico. I watched it coming across the desert from the northwest, blasting toward I-10. Made it to a little interstate truck stop sort of place, and parked on the south side hugging the building. (Got sand in my car anyway, LOL. Well, dust...) ANYWAY, everything went to "solid," like a heavy fog only hot and dry, ick. I went inside (there was an Arby's or something there) and was sitting with a pop, and dusty people kept coming in; every time they opened the door more dust came in. Blecch. THEN the electricity went out, so the manager kicked everyone out so he could lock himself inside, and there we were all sitting in our dusty/sandy cars waiting for this thing to depart.

It finally did, and we got out of there. But... BLECCH.

GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU, AND THAT YOU'RE OK!! :-)

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 05-21-2008 07:12 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm back

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 24.119.78.184
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-21-2008 07:30 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let us hope for the long run!

Welcome back!!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 05-25-2008 01:58 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for giving up on me on graduation day...

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.146.27
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-25-2008 09:47 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ummm... giving up on you? ??? I'm a little confused; it's rather difficult to "give up" on someone who has long stopped writing here, and who has otherwise dropped out of all communication.

Hence not our fault.

If you indeed graduated as your post suggests, congratulations.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-18-2008 05:48 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WELL... here I go again apologizing for my absence, lol. Sorry, but I was on vacation in the southwest: Death Valley (HOT!!), Grand Canyon (both rims), Valley of Fire (WAY COOL place to go rock climbing!!) and then Las Vegas (culture shock!).

I'm back now, and will be back posting asap...

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 07-18-2008 09:53 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glad to have you back and that you had a good vacation!!!

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-24-2008 09:33 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, I'm just heading out the door... AGAIN. This time I'm off for Ohio to play with fire (literally) in a raku class. I'll be back Monday or Tuesday; I'll try to post in the interim.

Toodles, y'all...!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 08-10-2008 09:35 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey everyone, just wanted to apologize for being so remiss in responding to posts. The last few days of last week were ultimate hell. I had to move a whole classroom's worth of furniture to a new room and I was just beat. Things should be getting better, the room is in some semblance of order and there's a week yet before the kids start (which happens the 18th). I should be back into the swing of posting in just a couple of days, now that I don't feel like someone ran over me with a truck!!!

--------------------

patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 08-10-2008 10:52 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys, just wanted to say I'm sorry.

That's all.

--------------------

When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 08-17-2008 09:25 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey all-

After entirely too long an absence I WILL BE POSTING tomorrow. I would do so tonight, but I just finished up zoning plans, lesson plans, data sheets, etc. and need to THINK before I make a couple of posts.

But for better or worse, I will be writing tomorrow. Sorry for being AWOL.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-17-2008 09:33 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YAY!

OK, SOMEONE ELSE is up, lol. Well... so maybe I could do a Sorben or a Yaoksi post...

Don't wanna. SOMEONE ELSE WRITE (thank you Cel!)

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 08-18-2008 07:44 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, it's been a really difficult couple of weeks. Moving an enire classroom AND getting ready for the beginning of the year is not so easy a task, particularly when you are doing most of it on your own.

--------------------

Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 09-26-2008 03:48 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just a heads up, my best friend is in town til Monday so I will probably be away until then. I'll get posting again early to mid-week next week.

and sorry for using this ID, my internet explorer isn't working and my Mozilla won't let me change IDs. Go figure.

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05