my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Announcements   » The Holonet Boards   » New here~

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: New here~
ladyjedi

Broken Back Button

Member # 718

posted 02-16-2006 06:54 AM     Profile for ladyjedi   Author's Homepage   Email ladyjedi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello everyone~ Im a big Star Wars Fan and I look forward to chatting~

[ 02-16-2006 09:09 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Posts: 1 | From: | Registered: Jan 2006  |  Logged: 71.244.152.213
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-16-2006 08:59 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to the Pod. It's always good to have a new member! I know I am speaking on bahalf of all of us here when I say I look forward to chatting with you, and hope to see you often here.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 02-16-2006 09:01 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I deny your right too speak for me! But yes, you're right, welcome!

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.208.79.189
Magnus Wendt

Broken Back Button

Member # 719

posted 02-28-2006 07:06 AM     Profile for Magnus Wendt   Author's Homepage   Email Magnus Wendt     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey everybody, I'm new to 'the pod' too

But I've rped elsewhere for several months now

If there's a character type restriction could you tell me now, before I submit a character?

--------------------

The Hidden Hand

Posts: 3 | From: | Registered: Jan 2006  |  Logged: 204.186.112.1
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-05-2006 09:39 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Howdy and welcome. The only restrictions we have at this time is that any new character would be a "normal, non-Force, non-magick" type. Things got too ugly when everyone was powerful, which inhibited role play.

Please read through the story synopsis and character descriptions, as well as any of the topped topics in RP HQ, and feel free to ask questions as they arise. You must post a description of your character on our descriptions boards before beginning role play.

Once again, welcome.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 03-25-2006 10:06 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So what would happen if I decided to come back?

Would that just be too many "force" or "magik" users?!?

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 156.34.195.241
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-25-2006 12:47 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HEY DASH!!!

It's so GOOD to see you again! Heck no, we wouldn't have too many magick users; that prohibition was put into effect because during the time after you left every new player had to have all kinds of near super powers/strengths/abilities, which of course would be a dead end in role play. But your guys have already been established, so COME ON BACK.

The only hard thing is trying to figure out just where Dash is... I think he's a captive on Sorben's ship. As for Dink, if he's on Sullust yet, we've had an explosion in the spaceport.

Anyway, COME ON BACK!!! We missed you, and would LOVE to have your guys back in play again!

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 03-25-2006 02:59 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll certainly consider it Laurre. Nice to see you guys again too.

I find I have been spending alot of time plaing MMORPGs.

Like...
Maple Story
Guild Wars
FlyFF

Anyone else play any of the above mentioned titles?

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 156.34.195.241
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 03-25-2006 05:47 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey GS - Any Idea where Thea is now? Its been so long since I've had time to come here and play that I've completely lost track of her. But I think I just might have gotten my life in shape enough to make it on here a couple times a week and would love to come back!

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 70.97.135.48
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 03-25-2006 10:45 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I want to say that we put Thea safely back with some family member, or something. Sheesh, maybe Gray remembers.

Good to see you and Dash back, hope you can hop into roleplay soon!

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-26-2006 12:59 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Howdy Thea!

Ok, Yaoksi sent Thea off to be with an uncle he had uncovered. No name, just one post in which he stated that life on Sullust was not good for her, and sent her off to be with this uncle on Chandrila, in I think Hanna City.

If you want to re-enter role play, you can write whatever "re-introductory" post that you want and get yourself into a thread. A logical approach might be something along the lines that something happened to the transport she was on, and it had to limp back to Sullust. There the passengers disembarked, and before she could contact anyone the explosion in the spaceport occurred. Perhaps she was knocked unconscious and placed in the infirmary or whatever, only to awaken days later. Then, since there were so many injured in the explosion and the ensuing chaos created by Aelly Ssyn, she was discharged even though there was no one to discharge her to.

This way you can be in the "Dark Star, Black Sun" thread and get into role play with Rico Riven, or enter into the "What is Good for the Goose" thread (both in CSWU) and possibly run into Bon Foyagee and his little group.

I think these are your only two options, as the only other threads that are open at this time deal with the Sith worlds... unless you want to get into "My Enemy, My Ally" by writing that your transport was stopped by the Imperials, and you could place yourself on Sorben Tarnus's flagship.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Magnus Wendt

Broken Back Button

Member # 719

posted 03-30-2006 08:32 AM     Profile for Magnus Wendt   Author's Homepage   Email Magnus Wendt     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sorrry, I was thinking which of my non forcers to adapt for the boards, and I thought, hell, he'll neeed a slight advantage to cope without being a forcer.

So I thought, is greatly enhanced strength acceptable? Nothing at superman levels but captain america grade power, (benching a ton, curling 800lbs, something like that) just let me know, if not, I'lll just have to make a bunch of gadgets on his person.

thanks

[ 03-30-2006 08:33 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Magnus Wendt ]

--------------------

The Hidden Hand

Posts: 3 | From: | Registered: Jan 2006  |  Logged: 204.186.112.1
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-30-2006 12:42 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, howdy!

Hmmm... why not a compromise? Let's say he doesn't quite have the strength of Captain America; how about Captain New Mexico instead? *grins* And then he can have some special "toys" as well.

That sounds like an interesting character. Don't forget: you have to write up a character description in our Descriptions forums before you can enter into role play.

Don't be shy about contacting me or Patternghost with any questions (we're the admin) or Mara1Jade (our descriptions moderator).

Welcome aboard.

--------------------

Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 08-25-2006 07:13 AM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Since we're on the subject may I ask what happened to Sarisa and Aelly?

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.6
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 08-25-2006 10:03 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Sarisa. Since Graysith is currently out of town, I'll respond to that question. Sarisa is currently still on K'eel Doba. We left her as saying that she wanted to learn more about the Sith there, and she is therefore learning of Sith culture somewhere there.

As for Aelly...hehehe. She is still being searched for by New Empire/Lt. Gen. Tarnus. She has been captured by a new character by the name of Cardissa Mitra who is now trying to obtain possession of the Black Sun. Aelly's current captivity location is unknown.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-28-2006 01:18 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, I'm BAA-AA-AAACK!!! More later in the "Travelling" thread, but for now--

Mara, I think Serisa wants to know in which thread Aelly is so she can start role playing. You need to help her set up something so she can have someone to role play against with her character Aelly, so she can try to escape and all that. Otherwise her character is "stuck," and we all know how boring that can be.

I suggest you make a new character, "Cardissa's Goonies" or something like that, so you can role play with Serisa in whatever thread you get developed.

Serisa, if you're reading, we thought you were leaving us, so we "sent your characters out of play" in this manner. Don't worry, it's easy enough to get them back into play again.

As for the actual thread where Serisa could begin posting in again, hmmm... the current K'eel Doba thread, perhaps? This is "The Saving of a Soul."

Welcome back, from wherever you've gotten yourself off to!!! And look forward to more in the Travelling thread in Holonet Boards forums, but now I have to run to the store.

ADIOS!!!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.65

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05