my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Announcements   » The Holonet Boards   » EVERYONE READ (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: EVERYONE READ
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-19-2005 11:01 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All right folks, we have a veritable plethora of characters with one kind of power or another: Sith, jedi, dark jedi, weird made up dudes, you name it.

From now on NO MORE NEW CHARACTERS UNLESS THEY ARE "normal" citizens of the galaxy. We need more of these and less of the "power" guys if we're going to get any interesting role play going.

Any characters with force, magick, etc. will be summarily deleted.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 08-19-2005 11:13 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can understand not wanting so many "power" characters, especially in majority. But COMPLETELY restricting it? I'd think more of number thing for future members.... but maybe I'm just foolish. I mean is the magic of starwars not only the special effects, but the powers and magesty behind it?

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.208.62.206
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-19-2005 11:15 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No go.

A lot of what you call "power and majesty" of star wars is in Han Solo, and Chewbacca, and Leia, and yes, in R2D2 and C3PO.

They don't have any super powers, and they did a durned good job destroying the Death Star.

So, until further notice, I'd like to see more "Hans" and "Leias" and "Chewies" onboard, please.

[ 08-19-2005 11:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 08-20-2005 12:43 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally, I think its a good idea...we need more normal folk round here. Like Gray said, more "Hans' and "Chewies."

Wait..."Chewies?"

Oooh! A wookie character! If that counts as normal, I am SO game!

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 24.8.206.27
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 08-20-2005 01:14 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go for it! lol

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.208.62.206
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-21-2005 01:08 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, by all means, go for it!

Remember, as "normal" I mean "non-Force-bearing, non-magickal, just-an-ordinary-kinda-character."

It's better if that character would be a Wookie, a Sullustan, or whatever. More like the "real" SW universe.

--------------------

Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 08-21-2005 01:42 PM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, Human does seem to be the "normal" race around here, above all others, seconded by sith.

--------------------

"Gods are make believe friends for Adults. The only true god is that of science."

Posts: 102 | From: The Prison of our Minds | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 71.208.62.206
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 08-21-2005 03:35 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How about a pretty blue Twi'lek? *bats eyes, curls lekku*

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 08-21-2005 03:36 PM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"We are not amused."

--------------------

"Gods are make believe friends for Adults. The only true god is that of science."

Posts: 102 | From: The Prison of our Minds | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 71.208.62.206
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-22-2005 03:30 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, but nothing amuses you....

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
Onidorei

Host of Souls

Member # 606

posted 08-22-2005 03:47 PM     Profile for Onidorei   Author's Homepage   Email Onidorei     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Sure things amuse us! We enjoy a good bout of Wierd Al Yankovich, and a good bout of Robin Williams."

--------------------

Xenn

Member # 669

posted 08-24-2005 04:08 PM     Profile for Xenn   Author's Homepage   Email Xenn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, so who exactly is getting deleted?h
Posts: 127 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jun 2005  |  Logged: 71.105.78.239
Occisor Amyntas

Member # 641

posted 08-24-2005 04:28 PM     Profile for Occisor Amyntas   Author's Homepage   Email Occisor Amyntas     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*kicks Xenn* Any new characters with force, magic, or the likes will be Destroyed.

--------------------

"Only a demon can slay other demons."

Posts: 34 | From: In your nightmares! | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 71.208.62.206
Xenn

Member # 669

posted 08-24-2005 04:51 PM     Profile for Xenn   Author's Homepage   Email Xenn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Graysith:[QB]

Any characters with force, magick, etc. will be summarily deleted.[/QB]

Where does it say new? *Kicks ostridge*

[ 08-24-2005 04:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Xenn ]

Occisor Amyntas

Member # 641

posted 08-24-2005 04:55 PM     Profile for Occisor Amyntas   Author's Homepage   Email Occisor Amyntas     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Poor ostridge. Take a look one paragraph above:

From now on NO MORE NEW CHARACTERS UNLESS THEY ARE "normal" citizens of the galaxy. We need more of these and less of the "power" guys if we're going to get any interesting role play going.

Unless you have the brains of alphabet soup, it's kinda obvious.

--------------------

Posts: 34 | From: In your nightmares! | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 71.208.62.206
Xenn

Member # 669

posted 08-24-2005 05:19 PM     Profile for Xenn   Author's Homepage   Email Xenn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paragraph? First of all that is 2 sentances. Second Unless you cant read, (Which you obviously just proved) it says:

Any characters with force, magick, etc. will be summarily deleted.'

hopefully that makes sense

Occisor Amyntas

Member # 641

posted 08-24-2005 05:20 PM     Profile for Occisor Amyntas   Author's Homepage   Email Occisor Amyntas     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2000 pages a day is pretty good for reading.... anyway, would GS or someone with common sense aside from myself get out here and tell him? Seeing as that means almost ALL the characters would be deleted?

--------------------

Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 08-24-2005 07:54 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hold it, everyone. Don't get your feathers all ruffled. If you already have an existing jedi/power character that you write with (that has already been described and is in the current rpg forums) there will be no change.

HOWEVER, if you are planning to CREATE a character, you cannot create any character other than a normal Tom, Dick, Harry...

...Jabba, Han, or Ackbar. No special powers or Force abilities on NEWLY CREATED CHARACTERS.

Got the difference now?

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 08-24-2005 08:59 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got the point. Though I'm sot sure right now if I'll make any other characters at this point.

Xenn you're such a worry wart. I think you read too much into what GS said. You're character is safe from deletion since it is currently in a forum.

I don't think Mara1Jade or GS could say it any simpler. Do you under stand what's going on now?

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 64.136.49.226
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-25-2005 01:06 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, here it is, straight from the horse's mouth:

ANY NEW CHARACTERS, WHETHER CREATED BY EXISTING AUTHORS OR NEWBIES, WHO ARE GIVEN ANY EXTRAORDINARY POWERS (Jedi, Dark Jedi, magick, whatever!) WILL BE DELETED. THE DELETION WILL INCLUDE ANY POSSIBLE DESCRIPTION, AS WELL AS ANY POSTS MADE BY/ATTEMPTED TO BE MADE BY SAID CHARACTER.

THIS ALSO PERTAINS TO ANY CHARACTER WHO HAS ALREADY (ie: to date) BEEN CREATED AND HOLDS THE ABOVEMENTIONED POWERS (Jedi, Dark Jedi, magick, whatever) WHO HAS YET TO MAKE AN APPEARANCE IN OUR ROLE PLAY.

I've noticed there are some weird super-dupers in descriptions who haven't joined in any role play threads yet, and who have been in our descriptions forums for awhile; these characters are AS OF TODAY not allowed in role play. So far, the following characters are now considered defunct:

"A New Darth" by Ceranuth
Havoc
Soman Socar - Dark Jedi Apprentice
Dark Lord Belur
Dark Lord Silvermane

These guys have made no attempt to role play, or to adjust their descriptions so they COULD enter easily into our role play, or to join us in posting of any kind. SOO-OO-OOO... if I see any of these dudes suddenly role playing, they are gonna be toast.

Sorr-rry...

[ 08-25-2005 01:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.196
Sellith

Member # 625

posted 08-25-2005 02:34 PM     Profile for Sellith   Author's Homepage   Email Sellith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My character Soman Socar is in the every secret has a beginning roleplay and has been for a while.

[ 08-25-2005 02:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sellith ]

--------------------

The Jedi are the true evil.

Posts: 84 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 80.195.130.214
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-26-2005 12:22 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
???

Umm... I went through the entire "Every Secret Has a Beginning" thread. No posts by Soman Socar ANYWHERE... but a heckuva lot by Sellith.

Sorry, the character "Soman Socar" is defunct.

--------------------

Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 08-26-2005 02:59 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh oh....does that mean he has corrections to make?

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 64.136.49.226
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-26-2005 03:11 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe... I believe so. I found the discrepency:

He is writing under the userid of "Sellith" for the character of "Soman Socar," who like Palpatine has a "normal" name as well as a Dark Jedi "Darth" one.

That's where the confusion arose; sorry Sellith. Maybe if you copied your description, deleted the Soman Socar character, and then reposted under Sellith any further confusion can be avoided.

Sellith: you need to do this; new writers who would possibly be coming into your thread would have a hard time finding the description for "Sellith" as it isn't in Descriptions, and would probably never read the "Soman Socar" description at all.

This is why we put up our character descriptions under the userid for that character.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.199
Sellith

Member # 625

posted 08-26-2005 04:50 PM     Profile for Sellith   Author's Homepage   Email Sellith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok I will, sorry for the confusion.

--------------------

The Jedi are the true evil.

Posts: 84 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 80.195.130.214

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05