my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » TPM & Original Trilogy   » Trilogy Power....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Trilogy Power....
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-11-2003 11:57 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do you think the Trilogy story and characters were layed out and acted out better than that of the Prequels, and why?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-12-2003 12:51 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I definatly think the OT was acted out much better. Because at the time GL wasn't all about the special effects. Now don't get me wrong... I love the the New trilogy so far. But the acting seems to be a bit lacking.

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-12-2003 01:10 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, the acting does seem to be lackluster and lessed focused on. The directing also has fell down with time of new age in special effects. It's good that they are in there, bu the only really great acted characters are the names you'v eheard before.

People like Mace Windu who is acted by Samuel who has appeared in numerous great movies before.

Aswell as Obi-Wan, and Quin-Jon Jin. Other than those three, their is very few that can capture the essence of the character.

Padme seems too dry, though the actor seems to have done very well outside of Star Wars. It may because she isn't used to the writing of whoever is writing this. It might be that she isn't lacing onto the character.

This is the same for Hayden, but it's still hard to say. I've seen both Anakin and Padme's actors do very well in previous movies.

I think it's the writing. The expirence of Quin-Jon Jin, Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi's acting may be the reason why the are doing fairly well with their characters.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-16-2003 05:07 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree. It's the same with most things. The more you do it, the better you get!

This definatly holds true for these actors. Let's not forget to include Jimmy Smitts in this group. They make the characters more beleiveable because they have been acting soo long, they know how to "jump" into a role. That and the fact that Sameul L. Jackson was type cast. He always plays a mean motha' sucka! And MACE definatly fits that category!

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-16-2003 12:50 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anakin on the DVD acted pretty well when he was practicing with the script on of the feature clips. I wonder why Hayden acting was so dry in the movie. Might have been the script, could have been anything.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-16-2003 06:38 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm... I'll have to get the DVD. I must watch those scemnes you mentioned!

Only reason I don't have the DVD is cause I didn't have a DVD player when it was released. And I am just so tight with money! Won't spend a cent I don't have to. But I may go out and buy this one. And Special Edition LOTR

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05