my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » TPM & Original Trilogy   » Which Trilogy?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Which Trilogy?
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-25-2003 10:24 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Which Trilogy movie have you watched more than the other ones?

I would have to say that "Empire Strikes Back" mainly because I watched it alot when I was around 6 and 5 along with Teenage Ninja Turtles and The Godfather...

Weird bunch aye?

Hehe

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Jaina Solo

Member # 434

posted 04-25-2003 10:25 PM     Profile for Jaina Solo   Author's Homepage   Email Jaina Solo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've watched Return of the jedi the most, because I think thats the best one.
Posts: 34 | From: | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 64.123.159.235
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-26-2003 12:33 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now that I rethink it, I would have to say that New Hope was the one that I watched the most. Since it was the first one, it came on numerous occasions on TV, and I've rented it so many times.

My brother bought it and my distant cousin had it too so I manage to see it numerous times during my child hood along with Empire Strike's back.

So I'd have to say I've seen A New Hope alot....hehe

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 04-27-2003 05:20 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've watched ANH the most, it was the first one I'd ever seen, so it holds a special place in my heart. Even though I think that ROTJ was much better.

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-27-2003 10:07 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Empire Strikes Back, which to me was the best of the original trilogy: so nice and dark. Plus the music was the best as well.... well, up until AOTC and Anakin/Padme's love theme, which is an awesome piece.

I really didn't like ROTJ: I simply cannot see Darth Vader doing what he did at the end, especially after trying to actually kill Luke so much in ESB. It just seemed like such a character flip-flop to me, and quite illogical, especially now that we are beginning to see Anakin's personality coming out in the first two movies. He's headstrong and willful and a prime candidate for the "dark side;" I can't see him turning all goodness and light at the end, like he did.

I just think he was "in too deep" by then.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-27-2003 12:41 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think he was in too deep. I think he was in pretty deep, but not that far in deep.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 07-20-2003 08:24 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He was pretty far along the dark path. In some ways I agree with Gray, but perhaps Vader had never seen how truly evil the emperor could be before that moment when he was killing LUKE. That might have been his breaking point!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-21-2003 12:55 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, nevermind the bajillion other people he killed or caused to be killed.

BUT LUKE... OH HEAVEN'S NO!!!! AAUUGGHHHH!!! QUICK! GET OUT VADER'S WHITE ROBES AND SHINING HALO!!!

*snickers*

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 07-21-2003 10:05 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Theres a high possibility that he never truly finds out about the Padme thing. Maybe if he did, he might not have been on Palpatines side, but still possibly on a dark path.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05