my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » TPM & Original Trilogy   » I get it! i finaly get it!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: I get it! i finaly get it!
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 12-11-2002 09:14 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, i finaly understand... anakin was predicted to bring balance to the force, AND HE DID!

He killed off every jedi EXCEPT 2, and there were then 2 sith... So, in reality, while they jedi are always talking about balance in the new triligy, they are the ones screwing it all up...

The sith only have 2, the jedi have like millions! YOU SEE! they try to make it look like the sith are evil, and the sith are screwing the balance up, but those jedi's are just hipicryts... Anakin has them all killed, and brings balance, then as his son learns of the force, he kills obi-wan, and preserves the balance! GET IT! WOW! then he kills the emperer, and turns good, but that would mean it would be unbalanced, so he lets himself die, rather then fight it...

And then luke later continues the balance, by tredding both paths for a little bit, but eventauly turns to the jedi way, and messes everything up...

So in actaulity, from the start, as evil as they claim the sith to be, the siths actions were GOOD, because they were doing what the jedi claimed to do, while the jedi were doing the oposite...

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.154
Selah

Member # 201

posted 01-21-2003 09:14 PM     Profile for Selah   Author's Homepage   Email Selah     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mmm *nods & blows a bubble* Good luck w/ that... *winks*

--------------------

This too shall pass...

Posts: 32 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 216.65.188.185
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-07-2003 12:52 AM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Never would have thought of that on my own... But GREAT theory... A++ on that one!

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.231.28.200
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 10-13-2004 05:05 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've noticed that too. My solution would to eradicate all the Jedi and unbalance the force by making a huge sith empire, but thats me. However, balance wasn't quite reached though because other jedi hid besides obi-wan and yoda, but they never did anything to stop the empire. More power to the Sith!!!
Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.164.11.178
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-13-2004 07:51 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, all the above works for me!!

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.198
Cult Master Raelgosh

Member # 542

posted 10-14-2004 12:11 AM     Profile for Cult Master Raelgosh   Author's Homepage   Email Cult Master Raelgosh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, so we put all the jedi in one room, and the sith in another, gas them MUCH longer than the federation does, and the problem is solved. Not nearly as epic, but I find it would work.

--------------------

I have been thrown across the planes of time, but that does not change that no one will ever stand in my way.

Posts: 62 | From: Past, Present, Future | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 67.41.217.147
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 10-14-2004 12:16 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But why would you want to kill the sith? They're awesome and the true rulers of the galaxy. The only problem is they fight too much among themselves (which is why only two were allowed at a time) but a large sith empire with a few select at the top who rule by absolute fear would be the best way to rule the galaxy (and the planet if you wanted to aply this to the real world, minus the sith)
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-15-2004 04:12 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still say they're dark jedi. They wanted to use the force for dark purposes. Where they came up with the title of Sith, who the heck knows.

I like our little history/storyline here, where we distinguish between the Sith (race) and the former sith (aka: dark jedi). It makes more sense.

But then, I'm kinda biased since I thought of it.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.198
Cult Master Raelgosh

Member # 542

posted 10-16-2004 03:54 AM     Profile for Cult Master Raelgosh   Author's Homepage   Email Cult Master Raelgosh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
True. But the more I stay here and RP, the more I want to apply it to the normal starwars universe. I remember when I first heard about this from Blade of Chaos, and I was thinking, what the...... But now it seems totally natural. Where did you come up with it anyway?

--------------------

I have been thrown across the planes of time, but that does not change that no one will ever stand in my way.

Posts: 62 | From: Past, Present, Future | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 63.231.89.224
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 10-19-2004 04:48 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From what I understand, the dark jedi didn't choose the name sith, but it was their assumed name after the original sith species died out.
Grand_Moff_Tarkin

Broken Back Button

Member # 595

posted 02-03-2005 10:39 PM     Profile for Grand_Moff_Tarkin   Author's Homepage   Email Grand_Moff_Tarkin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Screw the force, kill off all jedi and sith to make sure the force stays balanced forever and have a "force free, proud to be" empire with the grand admiral of the imperial forces at the head of it.
Posts: 2 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 4.228.15.226
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 02-06-2005 01:45 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, so then your going to organize a galaxy wide search for every single force sensitive person and murder them? Don't bother. The Emperor tried to but failed...

And what's wrong with the force sensitive people? They are awesome, could murder any of us with little effort. The sith would be more likely do to that though, and I still think the Jedi suck because they won't go to any measure to get something done. Stupid good people....

Mira Tukiano

Member # 608

posted 03-12-2005 07:58 PM     Profile for Mira Tukiano   Author's Homepage   Email Mira Tukiano     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So we create a force storm that sweeps that galaxy, and kills all of those that are connected to the force. Problem solved.

--------------------

Those who see nothing shall see all, While those who think that they see shall see nothing.

Posts: 55 | From: | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.133
Ender

Member # 662

posted 06-02-2005 11:40 AM     Profile for Ender   Author's Homepage   Email Ender     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that would kill every living thing in the galaxy, except maybe ysalmiri. everything is linked to the force, whether they want to be or not. even when jedi have their force powers blocked like in KOTOR2 they are still part of it. and since when have the sith been good? lets not forget that, our storyline aside, the dark jedi that assumed the name sith did indeed kill off the species known as the sith. as in genocide. i haven't heard of jedi killing of whole populations for no reason. the dark jedi wanted power, pure and simple. the sith were by no means innocent beings, but they hardly deserved the fate that befell them in the form of the dark jedi.

just because you have the power to kill, or control, or d any of those things, doesn't mean you should. power is a tool to be used when all else fails. it is a last resort. why would yo kill a smuggler when you can convince him to change his ways, or shoot a thief when you can stun him?

maybe i'm just a softy who has no place in a harsh new galaxy. please ignore my ramblings!

--------------------

I'm too fast for my own good sometimes.

Posts: 34 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 69.137.20.109
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-02-2005 12:15 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ender:

...just because you have the power to kill, or control, or d(o) any of those things, doesn't mean you should. power is a tool to be used when all else fails. it is a last resort...

Excellent view, Ender.

Now if we could only get our auspicious world leaders to think along these same lines....

[ 06-02-2005 12:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.8
Sellith

Member # 625

posted 06-02-2005 03:02 PM     Profile for Sellith   Author's Homepage   Email Sellith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, that is a good view. Looks like someone plays lightside in the video games.

--------------------

The Jedi are the true evil.

Posts: 84 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 82.40.11.140
Ender

Member # 662

posted 06-03-2005 12:11 PM     Profile for Ender   Author's Homepage   Email Ender     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i make my decisions based on my upbringing. i do choose darkside sometimes, but not as often as lightside. whats wrong with lightside?

--------------------

Sellith

Member # 625

posted 06-03-2005 12:38 PM     Profile for Sellith   Author's Homepage   Email Sellith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nothings wrong with it, just I personally think the darkside is stronger. Cause everyone used anger in the movies to win fights. Ep I Obi-Wan got angry cause Qui-Gon got killed then he killed Maul. Ep II Dooku used anger to defeat Obi-Wan and Anakin. Ep. III Anakin used anger to kill Dooku and to wipe out the Jedi. Palpatine uses anger to kill the Jedi that come to arrest him and to beat Yoda. Ep IV Vader uses anger to kill Obi-Wan (ok Obi let Vader win but Vader probably would have won). Ep V Vader uses anger to defeat Luke. Ep VI Luke uses anger to beat Vader then Vader uses Anger because Palpatine was killing Luke and he kills Palpatine.

Really the only exception would be Obi-Wan and Anakins fight in Ep. III

I seem to have a gift for thinking up crazy theories

--------------------

The Jedi are the true evil.

Posts: 84 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 82.40.11.140
Ender

Member # 662

posted 06-03-2005 08:24 PM     Profile for Ender   Author's Homepage   Email Ender     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i don't think the point is that the darkside is stronger. its that lightside is the control for the darkside. without it the darkside is like a rabid beast that will kill itself. so its like a ying yang thing. one isn't stronger than the other, and they need each other.

--------------------

Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 06-03-2005 11:47 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok but after Vader destroyed the emperor and then he himself died. that was all the bad guys. so then there was an unbalance because there was no darkside.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.6
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-04-2005 12:15 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I STILL say there is no "control."

The Force is the Force, and it's all a matter of how you use it, what your view is when tapping into it.

I believe anger merely amplifies it, so those striking out with the Force in anger are exceptionally strong.

Unfortunately, striking out in anger usually means striking out blindly, unthinkingly... and that is where innocents get hurt. Where things that ought not to be done happen, where statements that ought not to be spoken are, and all that kind of thing.

Anger comes from a "me" view. Non-anger comes from a view of the whole.

Kind of like wolves against sheep, I would say.

*Growls, as I am NOT a sheep....*

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 06-04-2005 12:29 AM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Graysith i understand your point. i was just going along the lines of what Ender was on. I also agree that Force sensitives who use strong emotions such as anger along with the Force are very strong.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Ender

Member # 662

posted 06-04-2005 08:12 PM     Profile for Ender   Author's Homepage   Email Ender     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the way i see it, anger without direction is futile. i've been giving it alot of thought, and i guess there really is no good or evil, just your viewpoint. and since no one has the same viewpoint, no one really knows what its like for the other person.

--------------------

Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 06-06-2005 11:20 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah i agree. You can't always tell how someone is feeling or might react to something with out knowing that person extensively. As far as the light/dark sides of the Force. it comes down to how you use the Force if you are sensitive to it. If you feel more like crushing someones throat with just a thought then people will mark you as being a bad guy or possibly being on the dark side, but what if it was a good guy defending himself and that impulsive thought comes to mind that the only way for him to survive is to kill his opponent witha force chock? To someone who has never seen that jedi they might think he's a bad guy.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05