my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » TPM & Original Trilogy   » Obi-Wan's Greatness/ Pilot Anakin?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Obi-Wan's Greatness/ Pilot Anakin?
Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 09-18-2002 08:35 PM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I know how he is so great, and he actually confronted evil and such. He has did many things in his lifetime as a Jedi Knight, but how could they refer to him as one of the best of all time. I mean their are of course people infront of him, but he is considered one of the greatest, and I actually dont see why. Yes he lead people in war, but he didn't showcase any sense of greatness in the beginning of the war.

Why do you believe he is considered so great for that war, other then he is one of the few that survived?

Also why do they continusedly state that Anakin was one of the best Pilots that the Jedi had ever seen, yes as a kid I saw his moves. They were spectacular, but the only time I saw him actually do anything great other then that was when he was chasing after Luke in a battle. Why do you think they consider him so great?

[ 09-18-2002 08:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jamel Garth ]

--------------------

"The Castle in the Sky.."-Jamel Garth

Posts: 117 | From: Somewhere in the Galaxy | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Naga Sadow

Member # 348

posted 09-18-2002 09:46 PM     Profile for Naga Sadow   Author's Homepage   Email Naga Sadow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Obi-wan was one of the mild, calm and collected newer jedis. Some of the best shows of the trials he went through and his dealings with Anakin were not in the movies.

With the refrences of Anakin being the greatest pilot the Temple had seen was due to him being given a ship made on Zonama Sekot. He had 12 seeds which chose him which was the highest anyone had ever seen....bah don't wanna spoil a good read.

If you would like to see more of the trials of Anakin and how Obi-wans demnor shewed forth as a humble young knight/master, I suggest you get "Rouge Planet" and "Champions of the Force, volume 3 of the Jedi Academy Trilogy.

--------------------

**To know nothing is bad**To learn nothing is worse**

Posts: 22 | From: Yavin 4 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 66.161.165.228
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-18-2002 09:51 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"rogue planet" ranks up with "rebel dream", for my favorite books... must reads, indeed...

[ 09-18-2002 10:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.194.189
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 09-19-2002 10:59 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya, rogue planet was definetly one of my favorites, and i mean out of all books in gen. showed a LOT about anakin's personality, and through in a lot of surprises...

WAIT, you notice how there are a lot of jedi that dissapeared and did something on some unknown planet?

i mean, there was the thing on Rogue planet, and there was the clone army... i mean, jeez! whats with all these freaken jedi dissapearing and going to unknown planets?! theres got to be more then those two after all.

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.64

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05