my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » TPM & Original Trilogy   » The DVD

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: The DVD
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 06-23-2001 12:00 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Phantom Menace DVD will include:

• The Phantom Menace, mastered by THX for superior sound and picture quality, presented in Anamorphic Widescreen and Dolby 5.1 Surround EX (English), Dolby 2.0 Surround (English and Spanish), and Dolby 2.0 Surround (French, for Canadian release)

• Audio commentary by Writer-Director George Lucas; Producer Rick McCallum; Co-Editor and Sound Designer Ben Burtt; Visual Effects Supervisors Scott Squires, John Knoll and Dennis Muren; and Animation Supervisor Rob Coleman, offering personal insights into the making of the film

• Seven never-before-seen deleted scenes with full visual effects completed just for the DVD release

• "The Beginning" -- an all-new hour-long documentary culled from over 600 hours of footage offering unprecedented access inside Lucasfilm and ILM during the making of Episode I

• Multi-angle storyboard to animatic to finished film feature, that lets you flip through the various phases of development of key action sequences

• Five behind-the-scenes featurettes exploring The Phantom Menace's storyline, designs, costumes, visual effects and fight scenes

• The popular "Duel of the Fates" music video that debuted in 1999

• All 12 parts of the Lynne's Diaries, the web documentaries that first appeared at starwars.com

• Galleries of theatrical posters, print campaign, and never-before-scene production photos

• Downloaded by millions from starwars.com, the original theatrical teaser and launch trailers, plus seven TV spots including the "tone poems"

Exciting ain't it?

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.204.137
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 10-28-2001 11:16 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, baby, I have my copy

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.157.210
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 10-29-2001 05:09 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me too

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.175.228.206
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-14-2001 10:30 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SHEESH....

I live in the Stone Age and don't have a DVD player, but I'm going to get it too!

[ 11-14-2001 10:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.197.169
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 11-14-2001 11:00 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, check out the DVD exclusive Trailer!!!!!!!!!

Yeeeeeeehaw!!!!!!!!

--------------------

~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.159.117
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 12-03-2001 04:48 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone been able to get to the bloopers? I gotta try that...

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 139.62.161.169
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 12-08-2001 12:56 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh..I've had mine for over a month but I don't get to watch it til Christmas...maybe my rents will let me watch it this weekend since I'm doing so good in school.........

I've watched the deleted scences and stuff at BB already But I want to see everything!

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.51.245
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 12-27-2001 10:31 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I STILL can't get to the outtakes...

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.105.53
Ahmad

Member # 219

posted 06-23-2002 02:35 AM     Profile for Ahmad   Author's Homepage   Email Ahmad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So its on stock, I'll have to buy it soon. hmm?

--------------------

"If I wanted to..you'd be dead"-Ahmad

Posts: 90 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Trel kentar

Member # 230

posted 06-24-2002 05:42 PM     Profile for Trel kentar   Author's Homepage   Email Trel kentar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i wish i had a DVD player... *crys* somebody hold me... *crys some more* as graysith said "i live in the stone age" *just passes out do to the sadness of the situation*

--------------------

"im just a loser jedi, in a vast univers of winners..."
Section 4, article three of Trels book of facts

Posts: 64 | From: Phelan | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.235
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 06-24-2002 11:04 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They aren't expensive, buy one.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.130.116.211
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 06-24-2002 11:11 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love watching the "Duel of the Fates" scene/chapter over and over again!
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.29
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-25-2002 04:30 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i would love to buy one..but i have NOTHING, at all, litteraly, no money, i have enough for food...thats it... *crys*

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.157

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05