my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » TPM & Original Trilogy   » Favorite

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Favorite
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-19-2000 11:23 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What's everyones fav. movie out of the current 4? I think mine is ANH...

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Trying is the first step towards failure......-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-
-People bring out the worst in me-

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.175.254
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-20-2000 12:11 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Put me down for "Empire Strikes Back." It's so deliciously DARK and introduced some really great music!
(Thank you, Mr. Williams!)

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FF0000]"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"[/monger]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.84
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 09-20-2000 02:42 PM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I second the vote for ESB. It has the meatiest plot of them all, even though the ending is a little too obviously "to be continued...."

As a stand-alone movie, it's definitely hard to beat the original, ANH. It's open-ended enough to admit to a sequel, but otherwise fully self-contained.

------------------
Never underestimate the power of the dark side....
*Gouyen*

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.179.198.50
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 09-20-2000 05:54 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mine is either ESB or ANH...hard to decide..ANH set the standards for the movie and ESB has got a great script and it gives us more of the saga instead of just one movie....hmm...I dunno. I'll call it a tie.

------------------
[monger=ff0000,ffff00]I'm from the Lou and I'm proud...[/monger]

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.54.32
RedMirax

Member # 56

posted 09-20-2000 06:24 PM     Profile for RedMirax   Author's Homepage   Email RedMirax     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't choose. They are all good for different reasons. But if I have to absolutley choose, I will go with RotJ. I just like Vader being redeemed and Luke and Leia finding out they are bother and sister. And Wedge gets more airtime!!! And the end scenes where everyone is celebrating. ( On the original version, not the SE)

------------------
Who needs TK? Corran has EVERYTHING else!!!

[Edited 1 times, lastly by RedMirax on September 20, 2000]

Posts: 42 | From: Dallas,Tx | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 64.217.249.134
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 09-23-2000 12:04 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ESB has always been my personal favorite because of its darker overtones, and the fact that we get more insight into who our characters really are, in every sense of the word. Who could forget that revelation in ESB that shook our world?

------------------
"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.144.109.41
TekPhin

Lord of the Sith

Member # 53

posted 09-23-2000 07:49 PM     Profile for TekPhin   Author's Homepage   Email TekPhin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mine has to be TPM because i think it had the best lightsaber duel and showed alot about how the jedi worked and it was a great feeling to see how everything began.

------------------
I know why you wanna hate me, Now I know why you wanna hate me...cause hate is all the worlds even seen lately!!!

Posts: 100 | From: Chicago Illinois U.S.A | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 209.254.113.206
Sithlord_aw8

Jedi Knight

Member # 78

posted 10-29-2000 11:01 PM     Profile for Sithlord_aw8   Author's Homepage   Email Sithlord_aw8     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mine was ESB, it had the most action IMO

------------------
howmany toys does it take to make you happy? i dunno, how many toys *are* there?

Posts: 11 | From: Sith temple | Registered: Oct 2000  |  Logged: 209.178.134.21
DarthCynthia

Broken Back Button

Member # 81

posted 11-06-2000 01:54 PM     Profile for DarthCynthia   Author's Homepage   Email DarthCynthia     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's hard for me to choose, having grown up on SW too. They all have a little of something for me.. I find it hard now to decide which one movie I'm going to watch and generally just have to watch them all back to back over a period of however long I'm ready to watch that many movies (I'm not a movie fan but have always loved SW movies). I'm obviously a huge Maul fan but was disappointed in a few things in EP I (gee can you guess what my biggest disappointment was? heheh), and as a kid growing up w/ the classics.. my faves were Han and Chewie although Vader and the stormtroopers especially were cool. Oh yeah.. and for some reason I have a soft spot for R2 and even C3PO.

MTF/DS/BWY,
Cynthia

(oh yeah.. I just noticed the puking smiley.. I love that.. HAHAHAHAH)

------------------
Cynthia's Darth Maul Art Gallery:
http://www.applink.net/hyacinth/maul/maul.html

"Yes, Master... I shall draw even MORE images of you..."

Posts: 7 | From: TX | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 206.149.40.2
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 11-19-2000 09:35 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Empire strikes back: its about damn time the empire started to kick some ass

------------------
Dash Rendar Is not dead!!!!

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.171.123.13
Brodie-Wan

Member # 294

posted 07-29-2002 12:41 PM     Profile for Brodie-Wan   Author's Homepage   Email Brodie-Wan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Empire is the best because you find out vader is lukes father.
I can only imagine the surprise on everyones face who saw the movie when it first came out.

--------------------

And thats all i have to say about that.

Posts: 42 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 209.202.90.95
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 07-29-2002 10:01 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I liked return of the jedi, because of the suspense, in mid movie you start wondering if luke will fall to the darkside or not, and also the heart touching scene where vader returns to the path of the jedi, and saves his son from the evil emperer, and of course the death scene...just awsom... hehe, can you amagine what would have happened had they used the person that played vaders voice instead of that actor in the scene? hehe, woulda given people a bigger surpeise then the one in ESB *Chuckle*

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.222
Sissi

Member # 277

posted 07-30-2002 02:36 PM     Profile for Sissi   Author's Homepage   Email Sissi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think all the original movies have their own benefits and it is sooooooo hard to pick just one! I think George Lucas once said it was one film that just kept getting longer and longer until he had to split it into three! So I think I'll stick with it being one film in three chapters!

--------------------

The Force makes a Jedi, not the lightsaber...

Posts: 37 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 62.253.128.6

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05